GUILTY TX - Jackson Farrey, 6 mos, El Paso, 15 Nov 2013

Yes, many people let this baby down and I can't help shaking the feeling that I am one of them. I know this family in passing, I was never at their house. Yes, Blake did not look right but it's funny how your mind works. You think "all kids are different, maybe he's just a small and slow". I also knew that CPS was involved, so you think SOMEONE in authority is observing the situation. Additionally, Jenna is truly a nasty person. With good hearts, my girlfriend and I tried to help out by offering (new) clothes and supplies for the first baby and, as crazy as this sounds, she would respond with insults and push you away. You'd think "If I never see her again it will be too soon!" I never met Jackson, but I did see Blake with Jeffery in Aug. Blake looked like something from a WWII refugee camp. I remember saying to my girlfriend, "That baby looks totally neglected". But with a combination of your mind not really believing it, being only a casual acquaintance, not thinking the baby is in immediate danger, and knowing they were in the "CPS system"--what could I have done? This is NOT a rhetorical question. Even if I had trusted my instincts, what could I have done or what SHOULD I have done that would have made a difference?

Sammy, don't torture yourself. The fact that you did try to reach out a bit to her shows your compassionate heart. Jenna's abrasiveness prevented you and your girlfriend from providing any help. This situation is NOT on you, at all.
I totally understand what you're going through right now. In the end, though, B and Jackson's parents should have taken care of them. CPS should have been on top of them. The grandparents should have stepped in. If Jenna was neglecting the boys (and cleary she was), Jeff ought to have stepped up (and clearly he did not). CPS should have been monitoring this family more closely (and clearly they were not). The grandparents should have done more than admonish the parents occasionally on Facebook (and it's not obvious what else, if anything, they did prior to Jackson's demise).
These babies were definitely failed by their family, both nuclear and extended, and CPS.
But, as an acquaintence, I don't think there's much else you could have done.

I just stumbled across this case... well, yesterday. Spent the day reading this whole thread. Im disgusted. A few thoughts:

mandatory reporters:

many people think they actually report to cps. im sorry to report that they don't always do this. my children used to scream for help... i asked their teachers why they don't report their father... i asked the school counselor, the principal. so frustrating. i finally reported him, again. they warned him when they were going to make am unannounced visit. such a crock of $#:!

do not blame ppd in this case. if she felt well enough to get her nails done, go to the mall, etc, she wasn't suffering from ppd. I've been there, and some days getting a shower was a major accomplishment. it went on too long and when i was struggling with urges to harm my babies, something in me knew it was time to get serious help. not all moms manage this and the end result can be a tragedy. i was blessed. this woman was just plain selfish. during my ppd, i had a toddler and a baby with colic. it was hard. it was hell. my children were still fed, bathed, loved, cared for. i let myself go, never my babies...

ugh. i can't wrap my head around not feeding or caring for little ones. i just can't imagine it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Just read all of the updates...horrible!!! Jeffrey is just as responsible and I don't buy his excuses. That being said, I don't think it is fair to be placing blame on the extended family like some are. Jeff's dad knew Blake was small at one point and made comments on FB and if they were phone talkers he probably did that too but being so far away he probably did not see hime often to realize it had gotten worse. He knew CPS was involved so his little reminders were all he thought he could do. My parents get out to see us once a year, it sucks but it's life. And we text and talk a lot but that's not the same as seeing your grandchild every other month or whatever like when you live close. We skype a lot and that is our choice, the other set of our daughters grandparents don't understand skype at all and can't get out here to visit, we talk, that is all. I just feel that without knowing circumstances you can't blame the extended family. This was Jenna and Jeffrey's fault, no one elses at this time. JMO

Just read all of the updates...horrible!!! Jeffrey is just as responsible and I don't buy his excuses. That being said, I don't think it is fair to be placing blame on the extended family like some are. Jeff's dad knew Blake was small at one point and made comments on FB and if they were phone talkers he probably did that too but being so far away he probably did not see hime often to realize it had gotten worse. He knew CPS was involved so his little reminders were all he thought he could do. My parents get out to see us once a year, it sucks but it's life. And we text and talk a lot but that's not the same as seeing your grandchild every other month or whatever like when you live close. We skype a lot and that is our choice, the other set of our daughters grandparents don't understand skype at all and can't get out here to visit, we talk, that is all. I just feel that without knowing circumstances you can't blame the extended family. This was Jenna and Jeffrey's fault, no one elses at this time. JMO

thank you for this post...

I do not feel the extended family should be placed under the umbrella of blame......

the parents, Jeff and Jenna, are the responsible parties...

JMO

That article made me annoyed. Jenna and Jeffrey act like victims or at least the lawyers are trying to make it seem like they are when they clearly are not. Jenna is someone who cares about her children? I call umm BS. Blake was neglected. Jackson is dead. All signs point to Jenna NOT being a caring mother. Blake is a victim and he deserves the best possible chance at a good life. "The move makes no sense" ummm hello, they just murdered their other child and the family could have stepped up and helped in this situation a long time before now and actually the move is only because he is a resident in El paso and nothing about custody yet.

I sure hope that Blake being returned to El Paso is not a warning of things to come. I pray that the monster mom is not released from jail to "care" for Blake again. Enough damage has already been done.

I live in El Paso. Anyone want to start a petition online to let CPS know how we feel about their actions in this case?

A bit off topic, but sort of related. Several years ago, a soldier killed a dog and the "head nod" was being done by officials at Fort Bliss. Because of the media coverage and a petition, the soldier was eventually "chaptered" out of the Army as the community roared. Maybe we need to do the same again so as to let CPS know we are not going to take this sitting down.

Baby Jackson Death: 20-month-old Blake Farrey being returned to El Paso from Michigan

http://www.kvia.com/news/20monthold...igan/-/391068/23401622/-/rr4tcnz/-/index.html

I am so beyond sick of reading the quote from Jeffrey's lawyer about how he isn't responsible for the neglect because he was deployed.... what was it, over a year ago? Good luck getting off the hook with that excuse, bud. Might've worked in the FIRST neglect case, but in this current neglect AND (I think it is safe to assume) murder case, it ain't gonna fly.

At least I pray it doesn't.
I also pray they stop sticking the darn quote in every darn article about this case. Playing the deployment pity card. He doesn't deserve ANY pity card. Ugh.

Baby Jackson Death: 20-month-old Blake Farrey being returned to El Paso from Michigan

http://www.kvia.com/news/20monthold...igan/-/391068/23401622/-/rr4tcnz/-/index.html

Hmm interesting. I wonder how long these things take if family is willing (and acceptable enough) to take a child in. I get the fact that Blake is an El Paso resident and should be under their care, much like Jenna and Jeffrey were brought back ... but I was hoping for a quick resolution while he was in Michigan. Keeping my eye on this one! Also makes me wonder because a friend of mine's sister just got murdered by her husband and I know my friend's family is wanting custody of her two girls. They are a wonderful family so seeing this make me wonder if they too will have a long hard time at doing that ... hmm hmm hmm

I sure hope that Blake being returned to El Paso is not a warning of things to come. I pray that the monster mom is not released from jail to "care" for Blake again. Enough damage has already been done.

I live in El Paso. Anyone want to start a petition online to let CPS know how we feel about their actions in this case?

A bit off topic, but sort of related. Several years ago, a soldier killed a dog and the "head nod" was being done by officials at Fort Bliss. Because of the media coverage and a petition, the soldier was eventually "chaptered" out of the Army as the community roared. Maybe we need to do the same again so as to let CPS know we are not going to take this sitting down.

I'm an ex CPS worker from NM. Do you know how hard it is for a CPS worker to remove a child from a home? I didn't have that power. I could/did go to a supervisor to help a child. But that was only a temporary step ... about 24 hours worth. THEN you need a court order from a JUDGE. Can I tell you how many times the Judges gave the child back? Too many times.

Read here: Texas

http://www.dfps.state.tx.us/Child_Protection/About_Child_Protective_Services/parentguide.asp
CPS only removes children when it is necessary to protect them from abuse or neglect. This happens when there are no reasonable efforts that will keep children safe in their homes. With a court order, CPS can remove children when they are unsafe and the family is unable to make the changes needed to keep them safe. Depending on what is going on with the family, CPS may get a court order to remove children or it may remove children before getting a court order.

If CPS removes your child from your care without a court order, the court will review the case the next working day. In all cases, a judge will schedule a hearing within two weeks after CPS removes a child. When CPS removes children it will ask the parents to complete a Child Caregiver Resource Form. This form gives CPS the names of at least three people, including grandparents and other adult relatives, who might provide care, emotional support, or other support for the child while the parents receive services.

more at link......

ETA: the Federal LAWS that all states must adhere to:
https://www.childwelfare.gov/systemwide/laws_policies/federal/
The primary responsibility for child welfare services rests with the States, and each State has its own legal and administrative structures and programs that address the needs of children and families. However, States must comply with specific Federal requirements and guidelines in order to be eligible for Federal funding under certain programs.

Please note under the title: STRENGTHENING FAMILIES ....

Erm....Jenna's concerned about B NOW, huh? I guess that's due to the fact that she doesn't have her car, clothes, cell phone, internet, or nail appointments to be occupied with at the moment. And "Dad", to state the obvious, is not, never has been, and never will be a victim of his situation. The victims are his little boys, who didn't to be brought into this world and didn't deserve robe starved and neglected.

On my WS calendar... I have tomorrow, Thursday, December 12th, as being a court date for Jeff Farrey...

a Probable Cause Hearing...

Do any of you wonderful Sleuthers know if the hearing is still planned?

TIA...:seeya:

Yeah I remember seeing recently they expected the autopsy to take 6-8 weeks, but from what start date I do not know. Here is the article dated Dec 3rd.

http://www.kvia.com/news/baby-jacks...paso/-/391068/23268004/-/layd1rz/-/index.html

Judge James Carter said he will reconsider reducing the bond once the results of the autopsy of 5-month-old Jackson Farrey is released. Autopsy results can take up to six to eight weeks, according to New Mexico medical examiner office officials.

Hmm interesting. I wonder how long these things take if family is willing (and acceptable enough) to take a child in. I get the fact that Blake is an El Paso resident and should be under their care, much like Jenna and Jeffrey were brought back ... but I was hoping for a quick resolution while he was in Michigan. Keeping my eye on this one! Also makes me wonder because a friend of mine's sister just got murdered by her husband and I know my friend's family is wanting custody of her two girls. They are a wonderful family so seeing this make me wonder if they too will have a long hard time at doing that ... hmm hmm hmm

For a child to be placed with a family member a home study has to be completed, typically home studies don't take too long, especially if the family is very cooperative and completes everything they are asked to do quickly, maybe 3 weeks or so because they need to do background checks ect. I would imagine in this situation they are doing home studies on all relatives who have expressed an interest in having Blake placed with them and then will determine which if any of those family members is the best place for him. I am suprised they are moving him back to El Paso from Michigan, I would have assumed they would keep him there until they knew whether or not he could be placed with a relative.

For a child to be placed with a family member a home study has to be completed, typically home studies don't take too long, especially if the family is very cooperative and completes everything they are asked to do quickly, maybe 3 weeks or so because they need to do background checks ect. I would imagine in this situation they are doing home studies on all relatives who have expressed an interest in having Blake placed with them and then will determine which if any of those family members is the best place for him. I am suprised they are moving him back to El Paso from Michigan, I would have assumed they would keep him there until they knew whether or not he could be placed with a relative.

Do they have to make some sort of ruling first to take custody completely away from the mother and father? Or is it all considered temporary until after the ruling anyways? Sorry just a little confused on how they handle these things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000
Back