GA GA - Shirley, 87, & Russell Dermond, 88, Putnam County, 2 May 2014 - # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else sensing a bit of a shift in the investigation? As of today, Sills has released more information than thru the entire investigation! And finally, the children are able to talk...I feel so incredibly terrible for them. This experience must be positively surreal to have to live thru.

To me, it feels like the sense of urgency has left the investigation. I wonder if they know something more...

It's so unusual to kill one victim and then remove another person from the scene. It reminds me of Bill and Kay Wood- Both caes have elderly couples with the man being left behind and the woman being removed from the scene. In the Wood's case the house was set on fire with an accelerant- Bill was burned so badly he had to be identified through DNA. Kay has yet to be found.
I wonder if Mr. Dermond's head was removed to eliminate ballistic evidence from any other unsolved crimes.
In the Wood's case we know that the person traveled out of the area after the crime was committed- their truck was found in Kansas City a few days later. Nothing other than their truck was taken and it was apparently used just to get to Kansas City.

Is anyone else sensing a bit of a shift in the investigation? As of today, Sills has released more information than thru the entire investigation! And finally, the children are able to talk...I feel so incredibly terrible for them. This experience must be positively surreal to have to live thru.

To me, it feels like the sense of urgency has left the investigation. I wonder if they know something more...

Under one of the pictures in this link, one of their sons said:
" 'The more we think about it, the more it makes sense that this was just some sick individual who randomly targeted them.' He added it could have been the work of a cult."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz31jqnU7lg

There's probably something in their HOA about that.....
There's lots of Rules there for sure! :)
IMOO.

In a community that has an HOA with dues you are usually responsible for lawn maintenance yourself. Now in the condo HOA situation they maintain the outside lawn and common areas. But, I pay 350.00 per month where as the fees at GV are 900.00 per year. So, I don't think lawn around their house and on their property would be maintained except by them. Not sure how much property they actually owned however. jmo

Under one of the pictures in this link, one of their sons said:
" 'The more we think about it, the more it makes sense that this was just some sick individual who randomly targeted them.' He added it could have been the work of a cult."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rgia-murder-mystery-horror.html#ixzz31jqnU7lg

It was near a "holiday" sacrifice for them.
I didn't wanna go there.
If so, I think they were a day late.
Gotta check my dates.

Yeah it's April 19 -May 1
Beyond that I don't discuss that stuff. May Day just rang a bell.
Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

It's so unusual to kill one victim and then remove another person from the scene. It reminds me of Bill and Kay Wood- Both caes have elderly couples with the man being left behind and the woman being removed from the scene. In the Wood's case the house was set on fire with an accelerant- Bill was burned so badly he had to be identified through DNA. Kay has yet to be found.
I wonder if Mr. Dermond's head was removed to eliminate ballistic evidence from any other unsolved crimes.

Have a link Snufamonbobball? This sounds like (AK) Emulator serial killer Israel Keyes' MO..

Folks, when we go to a new thread, imo the viewers get a little confused & think the discussion has ended. We normally have 80+ viewers/members on the Shirley Dermond ws thread. We now have only 35. Please share the new thread link via friends on social media & ms media sites to increase awareness. 'Awareness is the Key in missing/murdered persons cases'..
TYIA

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243777&highlight=shirley+dermond&page=1

I was just thinking it would be difficult for the older residents to maintain it and prevent it overtaking the trees surrounding the main house and area. jmo

I'm sure their list of covenants include empty lots, but yes, hard for anyone to get rid of kudzu, there's not any on the other lake side, may not even be any there at RP, IDK

Probably more pinestraw and leaves than anything

I wonder if LE has considered the POA security staff as possible POIs.

It seems, IMO, security employees could move thru the community easily and almost become invisible- in the sense that their patrols in marked SUVs would not raise a red flag w residents the same way that an unknown trade-truck or strange, unmarked vehicle might. Night or day, weekend or weekday.

POA security could easily track residents' routines, etc .

Pure theoretical speculation on my part w no basis in fact re this case. :seeya:

We planted some on a bare hill for ground cover. A little worried it would go wild and take over the yard and trees.... It died.
No green thumb here! I even kill kudzu!

A weapon could easily be hidden and never found in it.
IMO.

OH MY LORD !!! :floorlaugh:

What you got roundup for thumbs? LOL

Well youre probably lucky anyway, you'd have never gotten rid of it, snakes hide in it and yes I can't imagine having to walk thru it to find a body or a weapon or ANYTHING

tomkat, the GBI special agents are very elite. I say that in a good way. The GBI leadership simply sucks, imo.. They are very political and stuck in a time warp.. 20th century, 1960's antiquated investigative silence strategy.. They don't have a clue, nor do they want one, imo..

This strategy of silence prevented the rescue of Meredith Hope Emerson 01/03/2008 and allowed his associates to escape justice due to politics, imo.
Imo, Sheriff Sills decision to prevent the GBI's involvement should speak volumes...
I told the GBI that they should turn their open sign off & slam the door on their way out, long ago.. Imo, their incompetence caused her death. She fought GMH with mind, body, and spirit buying time for a rescue, which never came due to silence & misinfo by the GBI, imo.. The GBI is still haunted by it, imo..
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/

oh! The narcissistic "good ole boys"

i wonder if le has considered the poa security staff as possible pois.

It seems, imo, security employees could move thru the community easily and almost become invisible- in the sense that their patrols in marked suvs would not raise a red flag w residents the same way that an unknown trade-truck or strange, unmarked vehicle might. Night or day, weekend or weekday.

Poa security could easily track residents' routines, etc .

Pure theoretical speculation on my part w no basis in fact re this case. :seeya:

btk....................

The dates are wrong on the info in the article:
"Officials said that based on their investigation, they have been able to narrow the time-frame of the crime to somewhere between 4:30 p.m., on Friday, May 3 – when the mail was delivered – to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 4, when the couple did not show up for a party."
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...-continue-search-for-shirley-dermond/9091165/
Friday was May 2nd, and Saturday was May 3rd.
The article states that Friday was the 3rd, and Saturday was the 4th.
IMOO.

Please feel free to contact 11alive with correct info.

tomkat, the GBI special agents are very elite. I say that in a good way. The GBI leadership simply sucks, imo.. They are very political and stuck in a time warp.. 20th century, 1960's antiquated investigative silence strategy.. They don't have a clue, nor do they want one, imo..

This strategy of silence prevented the rescue of Meredith Hope Emerson 01/03/2008 and allowed his associates to escape justice due to politics, imo.
Imo, Sheriff Sills decision to prevent the GBI's involvement should speak volumes...
I told the GBI that they should turn their open sign off & slam the door on their way out, long ago.. Imo, their incompetence caused her death. She fought GMH with mind, body, and spirit buying time for a rescue, which never came due to silence & misinfo by the GBI, imo.. The GBI is still haunted by it, imo..
http://www.myajc.com/news/news/after-5-years-notorious-crime-still-haunts/nTyq3/

I thought they did a kick up job with Jorelys Rivera and Christopher Roupe. I have to admit I don't know much about them, but in those two cases they prevailed. IMO

They found Jorelys quickly once in.
Locked down all the roads in the area. She was dead by the time they got there though.

They did rule against the Bartow County officer that shot Chris and said she used excessive force....

Maybe they aren't good after all.
Moo

Please feel free to contact 11alive with correct info.

"Officials said that based on their investigation, they have been able to narrow the time-frame of the crime to somewhere between 4:30 p.m., on Friday, May 2 – when the mail was delivered – to 4 p.m. on Saturday, May 3, when the couple did not show up for a party."
http://www.11alive.com/story/news/l...-continue-search-for-shirley-dermond/9091165/

Maybe they read here? :)
It has now been fixed! :)
And not by me.....
IMOO.

Really? I was thinking that more seems to be happening sonar early on, then FINALLY searching the woods, fingerprinting, whatever other forensics they say they have taken from the scene of the crime these past few days and polygraphs on transient workman

LE Probably were as stunned as the public, seemed to be at a loss early on but the first 48 is gone if that's critical

Maybe the media delayed in reporting

I sure HOPE they know something more or have direction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members