GBC Trial General Discussion Thread #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is to our Brookfield locals. Kiwijayne possibly walked the same apparent route as Allison regularly. (Allison had a treadmill).

When you first heard of Allison's disappearance did you continue with your day to day activities like walking or watering your gardens or happy to let your children play outside?

When GBC was charged were you all relieved or did you think there could be a murderer still at large?

Im 50/50 either way right now.
Just to know the truth and justice. No winners.

MOO MOO

In regards to this we took no extra precautions. When the police came around they offered no safety tips like lock your doors during the day or lock your cars etc.

I still walked to work but usually got a ride home from someone.

No I don't think anyone was worried about that possibility at all. We were just so worried about finding Allison, assuming at that stage she may have been injured somewhere and time was running out.

Hi all,

Newbie here:
Fascinating trial and family.
Few points that strike me:
1. Facetime call at 1230am- was that to show Bwana his facial injuries.
2. Car reverse parked in car port- were they parking it this way to clean it without neighbours seeing. Who would possibly park it like that? Seems to odd and must have been odd enough for the police to ask.
3. Comes across as a narcissist. Narcissists usually have a deep disliking of themselves and this manifests in playing a role of being really successful and all knowing. When he looked in the mirror every night, he knew he was a failure as a businessman and husband. He was a stuff up.
4. He was so used to selling and deceiving people that he though he could outsmart seasoned investigators. The classic is when he is explaining that he cut himself shaving. He couldn't leave it just that the razor was blunt- he had to try and convince the investigators by going into too much details as if they would then say...'oh yeah, I see how that could happen'.
5. No need to focus in the caterpillar bites. Noy a great importance. The scratches on the face are the thing to establish.
6. I'd say ABC went to bed first and early as she had a big day ahead of her. She was smothered with pillow and managed to claw his face. The scream from neighbour was a lucky coincidence for GBC.
7. Wonder if BWANAS neighbours heard any cars leaving there house during the night.
8. Why didn't he go to work and pretend he thought ABC was picked up by a colleague before he left. This would have bought him valuable hours.
9. What the hell is with all his business partners? He robbed them blind and they allowed it to go on for so long. Is this some kind of business backwater?

I am sure these theories have been discussed ad infinitum but there is so much to read on here.

Hi angelalansbury & welcome to Websleuths....you've made some great points.

Just to clarify the facetime call. There was a glitch in the tests & eventually found that call didn't take place.

12th Mar 2013

Brisbane Magistrates Court heard Mr Robertson swore an affidavit during a bail application that Baden-Clay made a FaceTime call at 2.30am on April 20, a few hours before he reported Allison missing.

But Mr Robertson, who has worked within the Queensland Police Service computer investigation section for about 4.5 years, later realised the 3GS was an older model iPhone without the capacity to use FaceTime technology.

"An iPhone 3GS is not capable of making FaceTime calls, so the whole thing is just wrong?" Mr Davis asked.

Mr Robertson said he checked with the data extracting software manufacturer who admitted there was a glitch with the program and cross-checked the data with two other programs.

"It was simply a false positive with the software," he said.

"That's why we use a variety of tools."

http://www.sunshinecoastdaily.com.a...lls-court-two-blood-curdling-screams/1788254/

Ha Ha the media were around and they had trouble getting out.
So EBC walks out of the house with Sue Heath after she had delivered the newspaper and the phone and checks her letter box on a Sunday.

The first line of the text I copied starts out as Sunday. This was when Sue Heath & Flegg were discussing GBC having no phone.

The next day Sue Heath takes "Monday's" Courier Mail, coffee & phone to the BC's. EBC is checking the mailbox on Monday.

Okay I can't seem to shorten the quote but I want to address the emotion that Allison exhibited at the hairdresser. I personally would be mortified to be back at a place for the third time to get something right knowing that you can't pay and go somewhere else because of funds or lack thereof. I think that she was stuck between a rock and a hard place between getting her hair right and not being able to cut her losses and go somewhere new and pay to get it right.

I am sure somewhere when we were reading all the transcripts it said something about an antibiotic that Allison was on at the time. I cannot remember which one but I know it was quite a strong one and not usually prescribed for simple infections. I was quite surprised as no one had said anything about her being sick at that stage. The hairdresser then also said at that time she was not well. If they can bring that up it would give even more credence to the fact she wouldn't feel like walking either late on cold night or early the next morning.

Hand up! Sleeping in my walking gear is the only way I have been able to do morning walks when the weather gets colder. When you feel the cold badly, as the girls mentioned their mum did, it is impossible to get changed from pjs to trackies at that hour. Yes, even in Brisbane.

Yes me too, it's the only way to force myself out. If I have to change I'd think twice and go back to sleep. I think Allison had the same mindset as us about exercise "I should be doing it but it's too sunny/too cold/too hot/too cloudy/too mild/too rainy etc"

Allison had 'pink nail polish on the fingernails, which is worn and absent in areas'.
Allison didn't get to do her fingernails. Wouldn't be a perfect time while watching the footy show? If she got her hair done then it's a must to at least take off the old polish. I doubt Allison would do her nails while Kate drove, too difficult.
There's a difference between worn and smudged.

If her polish was wet it would've been smudged onto 'her murderer'.

Warning this is the autopsy report.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=30810&d=1363404040

I apologise in advance if this is a rude question, but how do people from the other side of the world in a non-English speaking country come to be interested in Allison's tragedy? I appreciate that your English is very, very good - far, far better than my German, which poor Frau Teishman unsuccessfully tried so hard to teach us at high school!

Certainly my English isn't well (only secondary school, 55 years ago, rarely used, 1 -in words one- vacation in foreign countries, Greece). Unfortunately nobody is controlling me. But I try hard to learn more with you on thread; it's profitably for my brain and I enjoy it very much. In reading on thread and newspaper articles (online) and so on I have made great progress! :blushing:

By chance I found Websleuths (without searching a thing like that) and there the case Oscar Pistorius, then other cases. So here I am and you poor English speaking fellows have to cope with that. Is that okay?

I have no interest in a German forum. Perhaps someday, but I think rather not. Now I loooove English and try to do better and try to learn more technical things on my laptop. Before Websleuths I didn't know much (only office programs because of my ex-job, now pensioner).

For Allison I have the utmost compassion and also for her 3 regrettable girls and parents.
As I said a post before: I'm waiting for a fair punishment for the vile deed.

P.S. My English teacher was Frl. Trübe. :smile:

Certainly my English isn't well (only secondary school, 55 years ago, rarely used, 1 -in words one- vacation in foreign countries, Greece). Unfortunately nobody is controlling me. But I try hard to learn more with you on thread; it's profitably for my brain and I enjoy it very much. In reading on thread and newspaper articles (online) and so on I have made great progress! :blushing:

By chance I found Websleuths (without searching a thing like that) and there the case Oscar Pistorius, then other cases. So here I am and you poor English speaking fellows have to cope with that. Is that okay?

I have no interest in a German forum. Perhaps someday, but I think rather not. Now I loooove English and try to do better and try to learn more technical things on my laptop. Before Websleuths I didn't know much (only office programs because of my ex-job, now pensioner).

For Allison I have the utmost compassion and also for her 3 regrettable girls and parents.

Bolded by me.
I couldn't have said that better! Vile deed indeed.
I love your posts FromGermany!
I'm glad you found us! :loveyou:

I'm addicted but one must sleep, it's nearly 1am here in Aus.

:eek:fftobed::eek:fftobed:

:bedtime:

:pillowfight2:

Nite all, it's 1.30 am here and I am off to have an early night :eek:fftobed:

Just kidding, but not really, I'm a bit of an insomniac at times :seeya:

I think the pieces of wood shaped like a cross are the frames for real estate signs.

IF GBC wanted to claim the life insurance, why did he place Allison body in such a hard to find spot?

If GBC didn't do it, then who did?

IF GBC wanted to claim the life insurance, why did he place Allison body in such a hard to find spot?

So any forensic evidence would be obscured by time and the elements?

If GBC didn't do it, then who did?

Maybe a random stranger had an accident with Allison whilst she was out walking. They stopped, checked and found she had a knock on the head. Person not interested in taking her jewelry, just wanted to get rid of the evidence over a bridge.

About as unlikely as a gouging your face with a blunt razor.
Does not explain her blood and bleached hair in her car though.

I think the circumstantial evidence is quite compelling, but I do hope the PT use more evidence from the two bail hearings.
I know there is much more to come including the roundabout.

IMO

Thank you FromGermany!!

I think that it's great that someone from afar cares so much about Allison and her girls. I'm just surprised that the case appeared in international media - with the exception of the UK where Baden-Powell comes from. I too have been following the Pistorius trial, but he was an international "celebrity", and people in most countries would have heard about him.

I fully expected you to say that you had worked in an English-speaking country, hence you great English. You, with a little help from Frl Trube (don't know how to do umlauts), have done very well.

I can't see any calls on G's phone to TM until the 19th April!!! He knew Allison would check right? Suddenly the day before she goes missing, it doesn't matter anymore?

Then there are a few calls the afternoon of the 20th to TM... so much for laying low!!! Why would he do that if Allison would find out?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-203836.html

BJ this is an excellent observation. It makes perfect sense. I wish that this could be entered in court.

Marly or Makara, please HELP if you can! I vividly (?) remember a photo within the group of (Courier Mail ? or Brisbane News)photos . They were organised like pieces of the puzzle, and there were a few others we hadn't seen. Searching ferociously with no luck. At the time they seemed to me to be the back of the house, a big pile of mulch and a tarp? right off the back/side of house. Am i imagining this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member