GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very interesting! Do you know if this mine is near the Japanese Camp?

Link? Never heard of a Japanese Camp. Neighbor says the area where the houses and the ranch are is called Flamingo Heights.

Anyone else recognize the girl in long sleeves walking the horse (which, btw, looks a lot like EC's horse Cassy) behind IM in this video at the :26 second mark?

Also, not certain if this has already been mentioned here but, I mapped directions from the base to the north side of Salton Sea it's nearly an exact two hour drive, as CL supposedly told her they were going to an undisclosed location two hours away.

No! Who is it?????

Link? Never heard of a Japanese Camp. Neighbor says the area where the houses and the ranch are is called Flamingo Heights.

http://www.dixiemine.com/dixiemine.com/Japanese_Camp.html

There's a mine there or near there, but I think it's a horizontal opening. I've never been - and not sure where exactly it is - but I thought it may be nearby the area you mentioned...maybe not though. Interesting story about the Japanese Camp!

I, for one, am cutting IM a BIG break. It sounds as if she was fairly close to CL and saw him in a glowing light, almost like a son, I imagine. Thinking of him as a killer is perhaps the furthest thing from her imagination, and so she feels naturally inclined to be in denial about what she heard and what is going on. If she was close with NL as well, then her opinion of EC may be tainted with the idea of the imposing "other woman" and lay the blame of the affair mainly on EC's feet. But the fact is she did tell LE what she heard, and did not protect CL and NL, and in time, may come around to mourn for EC and see the Lees in a very different light. But that will take time if she genuinely cares for them... And that just means she is human and has a heart, IMHO.

From the interview:

"She seemed like she was very responsible on her horse,” Megli said."

IMO, that seems like an odd thing for IM to say. After all, it wasn't actually EC's horse... it was a horse EC sponsored. One would think that, in order to volunteer and work closely with these horses, some of whom were being rehabilitated from unsafe/abusive/neglectful situations that a volunteer would have to be deemed more than 'seems to be very responsible'.

It almost feels to me like she's casting doubt on whether or not Erin was actually a responsible person with that statement, especially contrasting with the picture she painted of CL always being there with his wife and kid, 'playing' with the horses.

I'll also note that IM had NL as a friend on her facebook, along with several other people associated with the horse rescue, but not EC, FWIW.

I'm in drought stricken Cali. Our horses don't have a permanent pasture, never have. We could not afford that kind of water bill. Megli feeds her horses, granted it looks like she puts the hay on the ground. But maybe she can't afford 30 feeders. Not trying to be argumentative with you, just presenting another side of the fence.

I was referring to their very obvious lack of grazing at the ranch since it is desert. As in there is no grass pasture available so you have to feed hay. So I'm admittedly lost as to side of fence. Would also love to see feeders and not tossed on the ground, but it is what it is.

In my corner of the world, a lot of horse owners have access to green pasture. And I think the OP on this subject was referring to norm of 1 horse per acre. That rule may apply with grass, but is rather meaningless when there is nothing but dirt.

It would be really, really coincidental that NL was yelling at CL about an alibi and talking about the body never bring found. I believe that LE has at least some evidence of the murder that ties it to the Lees.

Plus I believe JC was on duty Sat, and the Corwins have only one car so that coverup would involve a lot of people.

Do you have links for these claims azure? It would clear up some details if we knew for sure JC had duty Saturday and what time he started/finished. Also if we knew Erin and Jon shared one car would help. How did JC get to work then though?
We'd also know why he didn't jump in his car and go out looking for her late Saturday afternoon/early evening - she may have been broken down along the road with a flat tire for instance.

slightly o/t...but I wish I could blink and all " journalists " would no longer be able to spew rumors and innuendos

http://www.dixiemine.com/dixiemine.com/Japanese_Camp.html

There's a mine there or near there, but I think it's a horizontal opening. I've never been - and not sure where exactly it is - but I thought it may be nearby the area you mentioned...maybe not though. Interesting story about the Japanese Camp!

The two locations are a good distance apart, Japanese Camp (Old Camp):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3....5981545,131m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Mine shaft mentioned earlier:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3....4742634,230m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

That's a wide open, expansive, remote area. I see some dual sport motorcycle riders like that area. Maybe someone will find her!

I would imagine little evidence exists already, as far as Erin is concerned...actually (hating to be graphic/specific) gunshot or stab wounds would likely hold up best for cause and manner of death, if she is ever found.

If Erin and CL (and NL?) were in JT, I picture one of them pushed her over a cliff. I'm borrowing this idea from at least one case I saw featured on a TV crime show.
I've heard about the mines and heat, are there lots of cliffs?

Given the lack of new information, I was thinking two things we could work on are:
Where are CL and NL?

and

What can be done to get this story into Alaskan media?

A few days ago I searched several Alaskan newspapers and TV station websites and found nothing on the case. It they're back in Alaska, it would be nice if the media would pick up the story...

Any thoughts on how we might figure out where they are?

On an iPhone, iMessages (sent between two iPhones/Apple devices running a supported OS) appear in blue and don't count on your cellular bill as texts. Green texts are those sent to a non-Apple device, those sent to an Apple device not running a newer OS, or those sent as regular texts when iMessages can't be sent using Apple servers.

DH also says that you can have WiFi enabled while in Airplane mode. Airplane mode just disables cellular data/connections.

Personally, I don't think her phone was put into Airplane mode. Do we have confirmation that she had an iPhone?

ETA: I've had friends with older iPhones not running a newer OS. Once they upgrade their phone or update their OS, I can tell since I can suddenly iMessage with them. I LOVE iMessage!!
BBM. Did you mean Erin or my daughter? My daughter knows how to put her phone on airplane mode. She does that so that she doesn't go over her data limit when there isn't WiFi around. We all have IPhones. I have a 3GS and we've always been able to text Iphone-IPhone.

I, for one, am cutting IM a BIG break. It sounds as if she was fairly close to CL and saw him in a glowing light, almost like a son, I imagine. Thinking of him as a killer is perhaps the furthest thing from her imagination, and so she feels naturally inclined to be in denial about what she heard and what is going on. If she was close with NL as well, then her opinion of EC may be tainted with the idea of the imposing "other woman" and lay the blame of the affair mainly on EC's feet. But the fact is she did tell LE what she heard, and did not protect CL and NL, and in time, may come around to mourn for EC and see the Lees in a very different light. But that will take time if she genuinely cares for them... And that just means she is human and has a heart, IMHO.

And possibly also a bit in denial. If her experiences with them were always positive, trying to imagine that either one of them might be involved with anything nefarious….well that is common among family and friends. Some won't believe that possibly could be after a conviction.

BBM. Did you mean Erin or my daughter? My daughter knows how to put her phone on airplane mode. She does that so that she doesn't go over her data limit when there isn't WiFi around. We all have IPhones. I have a 3GS and we've always been able to text Iphone-IPhone.

Sorry for the confusion - I don't think that Erin's phone was in Airplane mode. I think it was completely powered off or even destroyed. Do we know if Erin had an iPhone?

I Believe that Erin was An "Unintentional Victim" of an EXTREMELY Immature Boyfriend "on Base." Most likely... Her(AND Her Baby's deaths) were Entirely ACCIDENTAL..She(Erin), Was Most Likely Lured into the desert by Her (Boyfriend???/Unborn Child's????) REAL DAD, accompanied by dear Nich...(SHush!!!) The Two intended to Terrify Her into silence, yet SEVERELY Underestimated Erin's Strength as a Human Being... As for the "potato Shooter.., Well, I Can't EVEN Begin to go There!!! Blackmail Gone WRONG!!!

Given the lack of new information, I was thinking two things we could work on are:
Where are CL and NL?

and
What can be done to get this story into Alaskan media?

A few days ago I searched several Alaskan newspapers and TV station websites and found nothing on the case. It they're back in Alaska, it would be nice if the media would pick up the story...

Any thoughts on how we might figure out where they are?

Most news stations also have facebook pages. Just a thought.

BLM = Bureau of Land Management

That's correct. My property is surrounded on 3 sides by BLM land. It's common out in the more open areas of Joshua Tree, 29 Palms and Yucca Valley. It's great to have around you as you have to worry about anyone building on it!

The two locations are a good distance apart, Japanese Camp (Old Camp):
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3....5981545,131m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Mine shaft mentioned earlier:
https://www.google.com/maps/place/3....4742634,230m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

That's a wide open, expansive, remote area. I see some dual sport motorcycle riders like that area. Maybe someone will find her!

:Crown: The Map Queen does it again! :Crown: I really like these maps you post with the gps coordinates!

I didn't know where exactly the Japanese Camp was located, just that it was over there "somewhere." (Interesting that there appear to be several mines in that area, just as there are in the JTNP area.)

Another area I think of occasionally is the back road up to Big Bear from Pioneertown. Unlikely if CL had limited time, but there's so much we don't know about his whereabouts that weekend so you never know. Wish we could nail some facts down so we didn't have to run through so many scenarios with all the possibilities and rumors.

Wellllll, I was hoping another bit of info would be released today. Maybe they've given us all they plan to for now. Poor Erin is somewhere! Two somebodies know where.:moo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500