GUILTY NC - Maggie Daniels, 31, murdered in her Newton apartment, 27 June 2014

Off topic, great show called the killer speaks which is a documentary where killers - sociopaths primarily it seems - speak about their crimes. On now on east coast USA, on LMN.

You know, going by his prior history, it makes no difference whether Maggie left her door unlocked or not.

A previous victim of his said he forced his way into her house. If he simply knocked on Maggie's door, she would have answered it. She was friendly and evidently very trusting of people.

Plus, she knew him from around the apartments - even if he creeped her out a little she wouldn't have thought he was going to be as dangerous as he evidently is, since he presented as quiet and withdrawn when he was home.

I'm really baffled by this too and especially on the same morning that Maggie was found. Still not clear if he actually did pick it up though?. What was he going to do with it anyway - bring it back to Maggie's apt?.

It sounds as though he told the mechanics/police that he was going to detail the car, by the way police asked the mechanics what the car looked like inside. Then possibly bring the car back to the apt complex and clean it (haven't heard that he had an actual place where he conducted his car detailing business?)

It could perhaps 'prove' a business relationship with Maggie and maybe more, and he could be around to 'discover' her body when he went to collect his payment, and conveniently have left his DNA and trace evidence at the scene at that time.

Probably sat up all night thinking up his excuses and next actions to try to cover his arse. Only Maggie's friend foiled his plans by discovering her first.

They said investigators questioned them about a man who wanted to pick up the vehicle the morning she was found dead.

"They wanted to know what it looked like inside,” said Adam Stone, mechanic

Just a guess and JMO.

Another thing that I noticed was this statement.

Odom calls himself "Crisspy Shabazz" all across social media, and claimed to scout out beautiful women. Odom says he was always looking for models.

Not sure what he was looking for models for … his internet ‘creativity’ :facepalm: or as beautiful girlfriends.
But could this have led toward a ‘motive’ of some kind? Did he look for underage models, or was it a *advertiser censored* website – did Maggie highly disapprove, or laugh him off? :dunno:

As the article goes on to say …

From everything we know about Daniels, she was a real model.

Model teacher, great friend, wonderful daughter.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/26194486/accused-killer-in-maggie-daniels-case-has-violent-past

How moronic is it to post a selfie when you've got visible injuries because you've just murdered someone??!!!

That boggles my mind........
He belongs on "World's Dumbest Criminals" to do that....however thankfully he did.

:behindbar

I actually am not sure of it was plain stupidity -- I mean, yes it was a very dumb thing to do. But from all accounts of Odom's behaviour both on the net and with regard to other women, it seems to me that he had a highly inflated opinion of himself as a man (or maybe didn't, and was overcompensating?) --which the whole thing with the models might point to -- anyway, I think he has massive ego issues, a feeling of 'entitlement' (the stalking of his ex hints strongly to this). And some powerful psychological problems, if it needs saying.. Looking at his other crimes, I see someone who truly believed he was entitled to own control of women, to the point of their life or death. Very scary indeed.

I think the picture was more about him feeling powerful, or simply feeling invulnerable to blame, than sheer stupidity (from his POV, from ours ofc it was utterly stupid!)

Another thing that I noticed was this statement.

Not sure what he was looking for models for … his internet ‘creativity’ :facepalm: or as beautiful girlfriends.
But could this have led toward a ‘motive’ of some kind? Did he look for underage models, or was it a *advertiser censored* website – did Maggie highly disapprove, or laugh him off? :dunno:

As the article goes on to say …

http://www.wbtv.com/story/26194486/accused-killer-in-maggie-daniels-case-has-violent-past
Think he claims to be looking for models for some mag....Think it's called black ink, could be wrong but it says on his Twitter. There are several tweets where he asks girls for their email to" set up the shoot". My sense is there are LOTS of girls that have been hurt by this man. Serial rapist type.

Just to add - and this is wild speculation - his mother's behaviour might hint toward *why* Odom had such a sense of entitlement over the lives of the women he foisted himself upon.... I am speculating that maybe he could do no wrong in her eyes, no matter what kind of he actually was. Though I would not be surprised if it comes out that she was also controlling and abusive.

Because I mean, three attacks on members of the media. That's not somebody in possession of great self-control. Or someone who is particularly sorry for what her son has done.

Just to add - and this is wild speculation - his mother's behaviour might hint toward *why* Odom had such a sense of entitlement over the lives of the women he foisted himself upon.... I am speculating that maybe he could do no wrong in her eyes, no matter what kind of he actually was. Though I would not be surprised if it comes out that she was also controlling and abusive.

Because I mean, three attacks on members of the media. That's not somebody in possession of great self-control. Or someone who is particularly sorry for what her son has done.
You have likely nailed it. I am sorry to admit that when I was in hs I had a bf that was a tad abusive. One day he chased me down his driveway when I was trying to leave. He tripped me in the driveway and his mother took his side. I got away from him after he put some guy in a hospital and his mom immediately put him on a plane to the other coast. Come to find out he and his brother witnessed their mother being abused and she would wake them up before the fights and have them hide in the woods. I did not come from that background, he was a very bad choice and I had Sharman's families "denial" glasses on.

I wonder if anyone in the nc area can confirm if media is allowed in court rooms there for proceedings. I also wonder how neighbors didn't hear a struggle thru the paper thin walls that usually come with these apts. How did he keep her quiet? Did he have a gun? Gag her? She was a strong girl, a runner who loved life so he no doubt had his work cut out for him to overpower her. The sad details will undoubtedly be revealed in due time.

Her behavior toward the media mirrors his toward women - dominance and control, yet total lack of self-control. I also believe it is possible she was very controlling of him, yet despite what she probably knows is true of the crimes he's committed, stands by him 100% as her son "can do no wrong". Thankfully she did strike out at the media outside the courtroom, as when this goes to trial, her own behavior practically negates her testifying on his behalf. The prosecution would literally rip her apart on cross-examination.

MOO

I wonder if anyone in the nc area can confirm if media is allowed in court rooms there for proceedings. I also wonder how neighbors didn't hear a struggle thru the paper thin walls that usually come with these apts. How did he keep her quiet? Did he have a gun? Gag her? She was a strong girl, a runner who loved life so he no doubt had his work cut out for him to overpower her. The sad details will undoubtedly be revealed in due time.

WRAL live streamed the Jason Young and Brad Cooper trials, but I have not seen them cover this crime.

Nice! Although I wish she had been arrested on the spot. That's what I thought was going to happen when the cops followed her to her car.

If they had arrested mom on the spot, she would have milked that for all it's worth, and more.

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/20...hotos-showing.html#.U-D1W-O_RDR#storylink=cpy

"Odom, whom family and friends call “Crisspy,” was born in Charlotte and lived there until 2012.

In 2007, he formed a limited liability company and opened a car detailing business called Crisspy Clean, according to documents filed with the N.C. Secretary of State.

Five years later, he moved to the Windsor Apartments in Newton to be closer to his mother, his family said."

BBM Do they use the electric chair in NC? If he wants to be known by the name of Crisspy, hopefully they can make that happened for him.

I'm really baffled by this too and especially on the same morning that Maggie was found. Still not clear if he actually did pick it up though?. What was he going to do with it anyway - bring it back to Maggie's apt?.

Maybe he wanted to use it to dispose of her body. Have Maggie be found dead, in her car, somewhere far away from the crime scene.

Just thinking out loud.

This video tells a different story about the car.

http://www.wbtv.com/clip/10441828/where-was-sharman-odom

Mechanic at the shop says in the video that Odom's car had sat in the lot for 2 or 3 days, but that on the 28th he came in with his mother and was pushing to get his car finished. Odom's mother told him to stay at the garage while his van was worked on. He stayed there for 4 hours talking with the mechanic and watching him work until the van was finished.

So, according to this video he was not trying to pick up Maggie's car, but his own vehicle. Which makes more sense. I haven't looked for a 3rd link to compare.

This one sure does say that Odom was there to pick up "Daniel's" car.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/weather/investigators-follow-leads-slain-counselor-case/ngZ9G/

I vote for wbtv.com on this one. At this particular moment, anyway. Does anyone have any other links about the car in the shop?

JMO

This video tells a different story about the car.

http://www.wbtv.com/clip/10441828/where-was-sharman-odom

Mechanic at the shop says in the video that Odom's car had sat in the lot for 2 or 3 days, but that on the 28th he came in with his mother and was pushing to get his car finished. Odom's mother told him to stay at the garage while his van was worked on. He stayed there for 4 hours talking with the mechanic and watching him work until the van was finished.

So, according to this video he was not trying to pick up Maggie's car, but his own vehicle. Which makes more sense. I haven't looked for a 3rd link to compare.

This one sure does say that Odom was there to pick up "Daniel's" car.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/weather/investigators-follow-leads-slain-counselor-case/ngZ9G/

I vote for wbtv.com on this one. At this particular moment, anyway. Does anyone have any other links about the car in the shop?

JMO

That mechanic sure is lucky that Odom's mommy didn't beat him up for not fixing her precious sons car

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dont4get
Back