ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't racism also include homosexuality?

It's not racism, but it's another thing I've been trying to decide if I should mention or not. Bigotry, no matter what it's based on, is all just as bad. MOO

If the phone number in the tweet (3202665538) is JW's, why didn't he just use his phone and call or text CM? Why use TB's phone and use twitter? (possibly using twitter because JW doesn't remember CM's phone number by heart and maybe CM wouldn't answer a call from a strange phone # since CM hadn't met TB yet??)

JW and CM were roommates so I would assume that they had each other's phone number as a stored contact. IMO, I don't think that the 320 number is JW's.

I trying to understand this tweeting thing because I never do it.

I take it that tom bearson could tweet cody beause?
They were friends? or he made it possible for Tom to tweet on his account?
Do you have to be pretty good friends to be on another person's account?
and Jake could not but had to have cody call on another phone that he was using that was registered to a Smith?
Did Jake find out that Tom's phone wasn't working so good and he couldn't complete his texting on Tom's?
Was it the phone that Jake was using lead the authorities to the RV lot?
or did they get a tip from someone whose conscience is starting to bother them?

OK I just thought of another reason why the really racist twitter account guy would laugh at Tom being dead in that "lolz u died" tweet... could it be because he was laughing and thought it was funny that he died because he was hanging out with black people? (as evidenced by his twitter account picture), like the racist guy was trolling Tom's twitter and noticed that. I know this sounds TERRIBLE and it didn't even occur to me until now, but I was trying to think of a reason why that guy would put that other than if he was involved (which he could have been, not ruling that out either). If this person is just a distraction (like hateful angry person looking for attention) it's a shame but it is going to bother me until I feel more confident about why someone would make a tweet laughing about Tom's death.

I think I am going to see if I can find out who has that twitter account though doubt I'll be able to, would be interesting to know though, just to look up and see if he has other connections to Tom other than just someone who saw the story.

and Jake could not but had to have cody call on another phone that he was using that was registered to a Smith?
Did Jake find out that Tom's phone wasn't working so good and he couldn't complete his texting on Tom's?

Shortly after the Certified Nurse's Aides come and give me my evening snack here at the Good Samaritan home, I'll show you how to tweet. :D ( I feel the same way).

OK I just thought of another reason why the really racist twitter account guy would laugh at Tom being dead in that "lolz u died" tweet... could it be because he was laughing and thought it was funny that he died because he was hanging out with black people? (as evidenced by his twitter account picture), like the racist guy was trolling Tom's twitter and noticed that. I know this sounds TERRIBLE and it didn't even occur to me until now, but I was trying to think of a reason why that guy would put that other than if he was involved (which he could have been, not ruling that out either). If this person is just a distraction (like hateful angry person looking for attention) it's a shame but it is going to bother me until I feel more confident about why someone would make a tweet laughing about Tom's death.

I think I am going to see if I can find out who has that twitter account though doubt I'll be able to, would be interesting to know though, just to look up and see if he has other connections to Tom other than just someone who saw the story.

One of the reasons I have learned to avoid any and all sections left open for comments on any topic, anywhere in the news or otherwise, is that I've seen the unbelievable, stunningly corrupt comments that 'people' make when they think they are anonymous. Often times we can't understand it because we think they think like we do and we would never do that.

Some people make comments thinking they are being funny or showing off how intelligent they are, while just being too stupid to understand how outrageously hurtful their remarks are.

Sadly, there is a whole population of drunk or high or mentally ill or combination of all of this and they are out there, typing away on the computer. (Look at me!).

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you can just tweet anyone as long as you have a twitter account by putting @USERNAME and then putting a message. You can "follow" anyone without their approval too I believe, and get updates from them as far as what they are writing. Twitter has limited amount of characters I think 140 or something so he would have had to keep his message short. I wonder too what led authorities to the RV lot, could have been the phone, could have been too that JW and Tom were lost at the same place earlier, or like you said conscience bothering someone, don't know one of the main things I have been wondering too.

I'm glad you decided to join; these 3 are things I've been trying to find a non-confrontational way of saying. I think you did a rather good job.

MOO

PLEASE don't be afraid to express your opinion on here or say that you think things are a different way! You have every right to state your opinion just as the rest of us!

(It took me years to say things in a nice way without getting sent off to 'Banned Camp').

On twitter, unless someone specifically makes their profile private, anyone can tweet them. The likely scenario is that JW couldn't use his phone and didn't remember CM's number so the only way he could think of to contact him on Tom's phone was through twitter. I've done the same thing multiple times.

I'm wondering the same thing about how they found him. I know they said they were following information, but can anyone confirm whether or not it was his cell phone pinging? If it was a tip, more than likely there would be an arrest by now.

I know it's hard to understand for those of us who aren't molded from evil, hellfire, and brimstone, but the internet can be a horrible place in times like this. Any time there is a public death of any sort, you will get guys like that idiot weighing in to get a reaction out of people and I believe that's all it was. If he were in any way involved it would be extremely idiotic to make that information known in a very traceable way.

One of the reasons I have learned to avoid any and all sections left open for comments on any topic, anywhere in the news or otherwise, is that I've seen the unbelievable, stunningly corrupt comments that 'people' make when they think they are anonymous. Often times we can't understand it because we think they think like we do and we would never do that.

Some people make comments thinking they are being funny or showing off how intelligent they are, while just being too stupid to understand how outrageously hurtful their remarks are.

Sadly, there is a whole population of drunk or high or mentally ill or combination of all of this and they are out there, typing away on the computer. (Look at me!).

Well put. It's sad that even in a tragedy like this that someone would drag the garbage into it by making a comment like that, and then it seems like it has to be taken seriously in case the person had something to do w/ it or not.

My thoughts on why JW used TB's phone to contact CM and ask him to call the other number (whew, say that 3 times real fast!) is that the owner of the other phone doesn't have Twitter, and TB's phone battery was almost dead. It's possible that CM wouldn't have answered a call from either number, but would have read a tweet. MOO

Hey everyone! I've been following this thread since its inception, but haven't ever commented. That said, I thought I'd jump in to offer help/answers about Twitter for anyone who needs them. I've been on Twitter for about 7 years and I actually joined Websleuths to follow a very Twitter-centric crime (Skylar Neese).

To answer overclockedgirl:

1.) Anyone can tweet at anyone else using the @ symbol followed by that person's username. It doesn't matter if you're following them or if they're following you. It also doesn't matter if they have a private account. They can still see your tweet (unless they have blocked you). Also, many users get emails when someone tweets to them in this way.

2.) You can click to follow anyone (again, unless they have blocked you). If that user does not have a private account, then they do not need to accept your request. You will automatically be following them. If the users account is private, then they will need to accept your request to follow before you will see their content on your feed.

Also, someone asked about hashtags a while ago and I'm too much of a bum to go back and look, but this should answer your question:

-The # (hashtag) is used to create trending, or popular, topics. When you click a hashtag, it will bring you to any tweet that contains that tag. It will not only include hashtags from users following a certain account, but all content throughout Twitter. So, if a tag exists, for example, saying #RIPTom, and you click it, it could very well give you tweets about any number of recently passed Toms, not just the Tom we're discussing here. Specific hashtags are often created for certain movements or events, so look for those. Vague hashtags will often lead you through mountains of unrelated tweets.

I hope this helps, and please feel free to ask any questions you may have. All the best to those who love Tom. I hope you find answers and peace in this tragedy.

If the phone number in the tweet (3202665538) is JW's, why didn't he just use his phone and call or text CM? Why use TB's phone and use twitter? (possibly using twitter because JW doesn't remember CM's phone number by heart and maybe CM wouldn't answer a call from a strange phone # since CM hadn't met TB yet??)

JW and CM were roommates so I would assume that they had each other's phone number as a stored contact. IMO, I don't think that the 320 number is JW's.

Jmo someone might think by using Twitter to communicate, that their communications would go undetected. Not an intelligent or true thought, but...

Soooooo..................no 10pm update. :gaah:

Care to elaborate?

Find the shoe yet?

How was the Ensure?

It was well worth the wrestling match I had with the nurse's aide so I could stay up and watch that news piece. I'm saving the Ensure for you. Do you still have my teeth in your pocket?

One article I read today quoted the Moorhead Lt. as saying he was not withholding any information from the public.

Oh now...come on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member