ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Isn't this the same college where Andrew S disappeared from earlier this year? If so in that one LE said he died of a self inflicted gunshot wound. Which I never believed because he was found in the river and his backpack was filled with rocks. I think something is going on at that school. With colleges having their own LE I believe much is filtered to maintain a positive, safe image so as not to hurt future enrollment.

JMO's

Hi everyone, I live in Fargo, and occasionally have looked on this forum in recent years, don't know if I've ever posted.

What I am wondering is who is this Jake on the last text message? Thomas Bearson's last twitter message was not made by him, but rather by "Jake" using Bearson's account, it says that right in the text message. This text by "Jake" about them being lost was BEFORE he went to the house he was at, where the person who lives there say that after spending some time there he left there in the wee hours of the morning. Did he leave with Jake? Who does Jake know, who are his friends?

It could very well be just a total joke that Jake made using Thomas' phone, and just turned out to be eerily prophetic, and that may very well be the most likely explanation. But they should look at the possibility that the post was made to cover up something that was going to happen later. Yes of course there are time stamps, but look at the news story and most people that read that last tweet in a hurry are just going to assume that Thomas was the one who wrote that tweet, and he was lost when he died. Even if they don't read it in a hurry, it's very hard to not let that tweet inform your view of what happened and make someone more likely to think he probably just got lost. Just think about the incident WITHOUT that text, for me it's easier to jump to a sinister conclusion without that text. So, Jake may have made that last tweet on his acct as a joke and it turned out to be eerily prophetic, or something more sinister is going on. I hope police are looking at who Jake is associated even if the most likely explanation is it is just a coincidence.

Also, there are a lot of "420" references on twitter pics etc. on some of the people that are associated with the people involved here on twitter. I don't really care about this other than the Andrew Sadek case a few miles away recently in Wahpeton, where Sadek's mother said he was cooperating w/ the anti=drug team of law enforcement and she believed he was bullied into cooperating and murdered because of it, and he was found in the river with rocks in his backpack. And he was about to be charged with marijuana possession I believe? I know a lot of people smoke and I don't have any passionate feelings about this either way, I just think it's worth looking at this angle because what if we're dealing with some REALLY bad guys that have something to do with pot that have come into the area??

I brought forward a post from earlier to help explain my point.

Isn't this the same college where Andrew S disappeared from earlier this year? If so in that one LE said he died of a self inflicted gunshot wound. Which I never believed because he was found in the river and his backpack was filled with rocks. I think something is going on at that school. With colleges having their own LE I believe much is filtered to maintain a positive, safe image so as not to hurt future enrollment.

JMO's

Andrew S went to college in Wahpeton. TB went to University in Fargo.

I'm sorry I don't know anything about twittering or tweeting.
I need one more question answered though.
texting is different from tweeting I take it.
texting would have more information than tweeting?
texting accounts are private?

I still think that the last tweet message is the clue to this whole thing.
It don't make sense and it stands out like a sore thumb.
Somebody was chasing them to kill them or they were in a predicament that they needed help to get out of quick.

Texting is different from tweeting. Tweeting occurs on the website Twitter.com. Texting occurs from phone to phone (just like a phone call). Twitter limits your tweets to 140 characters. Texts can be as long as you want them to. Unless your account is private, tweets are public, and anyone can see them by looking at your Twitter page. Texts are private and can only be obtained when LE gets a warrant for phone records (same as phone calls). I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything cleared up.

Texting is different from tweeting. Tweeting occurs on the website Twitter.com. Texting occurs from phone to phone (just like a phone call). Twitter limits your tweets to 140 characters. Texts can be as long as you want them to. Unless your account is private, tweets are public, and anyone can see them by looking at your Twitter page. Texts are private and can only be obtained when LE gets a warrant for phone records (same as phone calls). I hope this helps. Let me know if you need anything cleared up.

I was just wondering.
I take it that most people know that twitters are public so if you were doing something sinister than you would not use twitter unless you are not too smart or in a predicament that would cause one to not be thinking clear.
So if that tweet to CM was public why would be want to reveal his phone number to call back on unless that is the only way we could get CM to talk to him privately. I'm sure the authories have that conversation when CM called JW back if he did.....It would explain alot of things.

ok.
one last question and then I'll stop.
What is the difference between twittering and tweeting?
and what about chirping?

I was just wondering.
I take it that most people know that twitters are public so if you were doing something sinister than you would not use twitter unless you are not too smart or in a predicament that would cause one to not be thinking clear.
So if that tweet to CM was public why would be want to reveal his phone number to call back on unless that is the only way we could get CM to talk to him privately. I'm sure the authories have that conversation when CM called JW back if he did.....It would explain alot of things.

My opinion is that they forget or do not fully understand how very public they really are. My other opinion is that these young men who have been tweeting now have some first hand experience in this matter.

Public pressure can be overwhelming.

I was just wondering.

The crime that brought me to Websleuths focused a lot on Twitter, and the murderers (two 16 year old girls) made many seemingly incriminating comments on Twitter. So you never know what goes through people's minds. If they think LE doesn't have anything on them, or they think they're too smart to get caught, then blabbing (especially with vaguely suspicious comments) on social media certainly isn't out of the question.

All of that said, I don't think the "we're lost" tweet means anything. In my opinion, if J had done something to Tom, then sent out the tweet, he wouldn't have put a callback number (knowing or assuming media would soon be looking at Twitter and could call that number). On top of that, J and Tom were seen after that tweet, so it seems unlikely that it was some kind of planned farce on J's part. I think that tweet was what it looked like, a couple (or more) of drunk bros who couldn't figure out where they were and wanted someone to come get them so they could get to a party. (all this is obviously just my opinion)

ok.
one last question and then I'll stop.
What is the difference between twittering and tweeting?
and what about chirping?

As far as I'm aware, Twittering & Tweeting are the same thing. They both refer to being on Twitter and looking at/posting messages. Chirping means to make fun of someone. Usually it's playful teasing and not malicious. Like, if I said "dude, your hair looks like a family of squirrels has taken up residence," that would be me chirping you. It's a common term among athletes (especially in ice hockey).

I agree. I dont think they know how public they are. Someone has to know something....its creepy to me that the police haven't talked about bringing in people (or person) for questioning. I mean really...

Since homicidal violence means "various types of wounds and a variety of injuries", it seems likely that there was more than one person attacking him. I wonder how many different types there were. My initial image was one person losing a fight with him (using fists), pulling out a knife and getting a few hits in with that, and finally pulling out a gun and shooting him. It didn't take me long to give up that idea considering that he wasn't all that muscular (6'1" and 160# is pretty slim, IMO) and he was probably drunk enough to go down after just one or two hits. If I need a link to the quoted part, I have one... MOO, as usual

http://www.valleynewslive.com/story/26624807/breaking-bearson-death-confirmed-as-homicide

With the report of various types of injuries, it sounds like he was tortured. This is awful. Just tragic.

Well, either this is interesting or just bad reporting:

It's unclear whether law enforcement authorities have identified a person of interest. Shortly after the body was found, Fargo Police Chief Keith Ternes said police weren't looking for any suspects. The investigation into Bearson's death is a collaboration between the Moorhead and Fargo police departments and the NDSU campus police.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/north-dakota-state-students-death-ruled-a-homicide/

I am very confused. LE is not looking for any suspects? Does that mean they know who did this and are just gathering enough evidence to charge the person?

And how do we know if he was REALLY seen after the last tweet??

I am very confused. LE is not looking for any suspects? Does that mean they know who did this and are just gathering enough evidence to charge the person?
I've always assumed (I know, bad idea) that he either misspoke or was misquoted and meant that they don't have any suspects or aren't looking at any suspects.

And how do we know if he was REALLY seen after the last tweet??
A party usually consists of more than a couple of roommates sitting around drinking, and it has probably been confirmed by others who were there and knew him. MOO

I realize that....I was in college long ago. One problem here is silence. Possibly confirmed.

I've always assumed (I know, bad idea) that he either misspoke or was misquoted and meant that they don't have any suspects or aren't looking at any suspects.

A party usually consists of more than a couple of roommates sitting around drinking, and it has probably been confirmed by others who were there and knew him. MOO

I too had the feeling it that he misspoke or was misquoted. All of the reports including that quote have it paraphrased in the exact same way leading me to believe it's just being cloned in various news sources.

http://www.startribune.com/local/277306691.html <------ Here's one with quotes from the Moorhead Lt. stating they don't have any suspects yet, but several agencies are working together to find some.

Just my opinions here - take them as you wish.

LEO's are NOT going to blast their every thought and movement to the media. If "Joe Murderer" is watching the news and sees that he's a suspect, do you really think Joe Murderer is going to pop a beer and wait patiently on the couch for LE to come pick him up? Not likely. So they tend to keep their suspects and theories a secret until they have enough probable cause to go get them as to not spook them into taking off before they can pick them up.

Same with theories and evidence. Of course they're not going to tell us how they got to the RV park. Well, not right away anyway. If for example, they got a search warrant for CM's phone records and they show pings from the RV park, and they blast that over the news, what do you think CM is going to do? He's going to run. And just for the record, I have NO idea how they got to the RV site - just giving an uneducated guess - or possibility rather.

It sounds like you all think LE are inept and incompetent, but I have all the faith in the world they've been trained and are handling the case as best they can with all of the unknowns.

My last thought is, has anyone else besides CM confirmed that TB was actually at that party until 3:40? My spidey senses are tingling - I just don't believe he ever made it. I think something happened to him before the 1:23 tweet. And I think there's a strong possibility that the person who sent the tweet at 1:23 might not have even JW? Has JW admitted to sending the tweet?

I'll be curious to find out what the TB's TOD was. How long had he been in the RV park?

So many questions still....

SNIP

LEO's are NOT going to blast their every thought and movement to the media. If "Joe Murderer" is watching the news and sees that he's a suspect, do you really think Joe Murderer is going to pop a beer and wait patiently on the couch for LE to come pick him up? Not likely. So they tend to keep their suspects and theories a secret until they have enough probable cause to go get them as to not spook them into taking off before they can pick them up.

You have a good point here that the police are going to keep their info close. And I agree it's not fair to not trust police here as they have always been very good as far as I know, and I tend to believe they would be above average. So, I don't really MEAN to criticize them.

On twitter I see some specific evidence (I won't get into unless someone asks me on PM or something bcz anyone can go to twitter and see this) that the people who were at that party and were the last few to see Tom are leaving town this weekend. I would think if any of those last people are suspects, I would trust the police to be following them. Or maybe the police are pretty sure they already know they have all the information they need from those people, which is entirely possible too.

SNIP
My last thought is, has anyone else besides CM confirmed that TB was actually at that party until 3:40? My spidey senses are tingling - I just don't believe he ever made it. I think something happened to him before the 1:23 tweet. And I think there's a strong possibility that the person who sent the tweet at 1:23 might not have even JW? Has JW admitted to sending the tweet?

I agree it's possible he never made it, but also think CM has acted innocent and the person who made the tweet about being one of the last people to see him seemed to me like someone who just hung out at the house to party on the weekends, based on twitter records. So there's that to me, but that is a good point that we don't know the facts on that publicly, and whether JW admitted to sending the tweet or not.

Great point about the TOD, that could tell us a lot too, and sure would be interesting to know I agree.

Just my opinions here - take them as you wish.

Same with theories and evidence. Of course they're not going to tell us how they got to the RV park. Well, not right away anyway. If for example, they got a search warrant for CM's phone records and they show pings from the RV park, and they blast that over the news, what do you think CM is going to do? He's going to run. And just for the record, I have NO idea how they got to the RV site - just giving an uneducated guess - or possibility rather.

It sounds like you all think LE are inept and incompetent, but I have all the faith in the world they've been trained and are handling the case as best they can with all of the unknowns.

I'll be curious to find out what the TB's TOD was. How long had he been in the RV park?

So many questions still....

No one has said LE is inept or incompetent, let alone 'you all'. When there are conflicting reports, people like them clarified. And it's the nature of the beast to want to know the answers to questions. That's not to say we demand them or think we're entitled to them but it's interesting to post and discuss which questions are significant to individual posters and why, since we all have different perspectives.

Is it possible this is a hazing that got out of hand? Is he affiliated with a fraternity?

With the report of various types of injuries, it sounds like he was tortured. This is awful. Just tragic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes