MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #3

Where are you little Myra? We will not give up.

How do those people responsible for this little girl's disappearance even sleep at night?! I just don't understand. We will keep praying for you Myra. None of us will give up until you are found. You are in our thoughts and prayers, today and always.

This sweet baby girl should be all excited with the anticipation of Christmas. Where could she be? Will we ever know? Heartbreaking!

I'm so sorry I've been away from the forum for a while, Myra. You are not forgotten!

FIND MYRA!!!!

:rose:

Thinking about this angel as my youngest anticipates Christmas morning next week. Myra should be glowing with excitement and it breaks my heart she has not been found. UGH!

FIND MYRA!!!

Thinking about this angel as my youngest anticipates Christmas morning next week. Myra should be glowing with excitement and it breaks my heart she has not been found. UGH!

FIND MYRA!!!

I think she has a front row seat to everything that is Christmas :)

I have been active on Myra's FB page since the beginning. As some of you might be aware, the family is doing little to search for her. A dear person, who is not even a family member is running the page and has created many opportunities for the family to speak to media. But they refuse to do so.
The police seems to be giving th mother limited information about the search.
Many of us on the page are pretty certain that the mother and father know what happened.
The mother has been on the page sporadically and has asked for help. Which we have given to her abundantly...yet she does nothing. We feel heartbroken, used and concerned that we might be helping the very person that harmed Myra.
My question is this. If the mother continues to post asking for help, what should we do? We want justice for Myra and the thought of being accessory to helping the mother is unthinkable.
Obviously, we don't have to respond. Several posters have blatantly asked her if she harmed Myra. To which her response has been to become irate.
Is it better to just walk away and pray for justice or will continuing the conversation help LE in any way?
Thank you for your help

I have been active on Myra's FB page since the beginning. As some of you might be aware, the family is doing little to search for her. A dear person, who is not even a family member is running the page and has created many opportunities for the family to speak to media. But they refuse to do so.
The police seems to be giving th mother limited information about the search.
Many of us on the page are pretty certain that the mother and father know what happened.
The mother has been on the page sporadically and has asked for help. Which we have given to her abundantly...yet she does nothing. We feel heartbroken, used and concerned that we might be helping the very person that harmed Myra.
My question is this. If the mother continues to post asking for help, what should we do? We want justice for Myra and the thought of being accessory to helping the mother is unthinkable.
Obviously, we don't have to respond. Several posters have blatantly asked her if she harmed Myra. To which her response has been to become irate.
Is it better to just walk away and pray for justice or will continuing the conversation help LE in any way?
Thank you for your help
After reading little Tristan Blue's thread and the probable outcome, I wonder if the same thing happened to Myra. These parents just weren't caught. What type of "help" is the mother asking for? Is she using this tragedy to try to get what she can out of people??

I don't get it. Where are the tears and anticipation? Do parents just say "Oh well."?

After reading little Tristan Blue's thread and the probable outcome, I wonder if the same thing happened to Myra. These parents just weren't caught. What type of "help" is the mother asking for? Is she using this tragedy to try to get what she can out of people??

Thank you so much for the response! The mother is basically asking for help finding Myra.
Ex: I work in PR and gave her info on how to speak to Press.
She is asking for people to continue putting up flyers. She is not asking for money.
Also she is asking for posters to call LE for an update...due to the fact that they will give her very little information. However, she and her husband have no search efforts of their own. Please note that the mother has a very low ability to write and we aren't positive of her reading ability.
It is all very strange but them not being willing to speak to media as well as their lack of follow-up leads us to believe that they are guilty.

I don't get it. Where are the tears and anticipation? Do parents just say "Oh well."?

Exactly southsleuth! Although we all grieve differently, it has been my experience that when we see reactions that are contrary to human nature....we must look closely at these as suspect.
Truly, we are heartbroken for Myra. And feel very helpless in the situation.

Want to add one more thing in response to your post.
We have also considerd the possibility that they mother is mentally delayed. This is an observation based on our written communications with her. I have asked the page's moderator if alcohol and drugs are involved and she feels that it is not.
She is only asking for help finding Myra not asking for money.

Thank you for helping. Every little bit helps. As for how to respond to the mother, I cannot answer. :(

Thank you so much for the response! The mother is basically asking for help finding Myra.
She is asking for people to continue putting up flyers. She is not asking for money.
Also she is asking for posters to call LE for an update...due to the fact that they will give her very little information. However, she and her husband have no search efforts of their own. Please note that the mother has a very low ability to write and we aren't positive of her reading ability.
It is all very strange but them not being willing to speak to media as well as their lack of follow-up leads us to believe that they are guilty.

Personally, I would help her. She's asking for help to find her child. At least she's asking for help. Maybe she's asking because she's sure no one will ever find Myra. But what if she's asking because she knows that she needs help and she's incapable of knowing how to go about it or what to do herself? I'm not sure LE would give the posters any more of an update than the would the mom but why not try?

Myra needs to be found whether her mom or dad had anything to do with her disappearance, in my opinion.

Personally, I would help her. She's asking for help to find her child. At least she's asking for help. Maybe she's asking because she's sure no one will ever find Myra. But what if she's asking because she knows that she needs help and she's incapable of knowing how to go about it or what to do herself? I'm not sure LE would give the posters any more of an update than the would the mom but why not try?

Thanks MamaJoJo! Yes, we have continued to give her help....and this has included communicating with LE and the media. LE will not release info and she refuses to speak to media. And we do know she is capable of doing so. Also several posters have accused the parents of foul play. Some of these posters did take their concerns to the police. Feels like we are in the " lead a horse to water but can't make them drink" scenario. Like you said, Myra just needs to be found. But we feel stuck:((

I know nothing about Camden, Mississippi. But I do know some rural areas, small towns in the South. The education level and literacy levels vary greatly. It is not that these people do not care or don't have emotions. They don't trust many outsiders. They probably don't have a computer/internet access.
I am aware of some families in the county I live in that do not have indoor plumbing or no running hot water. They know very little of the world. They live in poverty. They don't abuse or neglect their kids per se. It is just how they have always lived and they don't know how to do it any other way. "Ignorance" might be a better word. They just don't know how to go about living like most of the rest of us. My own FIL is completely illiterate. But he raised 6 kids who are intelligent and have done well for themselves. JMO

Thank you for your help, lmr! I agree with MamaJoJo that you are doing the right thing. I do think it sounds like she may be using you to try to inveigle information from LE, perhaps thinking LE would be more willing to volunteer information to you than to her. But, why would she think that LE is concealing something from her that they would freely divulge to the public? Of course, LE is aware that anything made public is open to her scrutiny, too.

It may simply be as innocent as wendybtn explained, but it does make me suspicious. Generally, LE divulges details of their investigation to the family rather than to the public. I do think it's wonderful she's asking for help putting up flyers.

Hoping Myra will be found soon!

Remembering this case from the beginning, when each parent thought Myra was with the other parent. Could the mother requesting help to find Myra be her way of saying she has no idea where Myra is? Above thread discussed the possibility of illiteracy and Mom won't speak to media.

Could Mom be an abused wife who won't speak out -but she wants to know where her daughter is? She may be calling you on the sly from her husband and goes into a rage as she is not free to answer questions or say anything. Reaching out for help in locating Myra is a huge step for her. JMO

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clancehan
Back