MS MS - Myra Lewis, 2, Camden, 1 March 2014 - #3

:bump:

Where are you Myra? Every time I click on this thread, my emotions go haywire. One minute I'm pi**ed off, the next I'm in tears. I just cannot believe this sweet little baby is gone without a trace.

Somebody KNOWS something, FGS! Speak up!!

:sigh:

Where is this child? And who is looking for her anymore?

Media article (local) about the one year anniversary of Myra's disappearance. It includes a statement from her parents. I've quoted just a part of it here. Go to the link to see the entire statement. I'm still shaking my head after a year. It is truly heartbreaking.

Sunday, March 1, marks one year since Myra Lewis went missing near her Camden home in Madison County.

"I just cry everyday, every time I look at her pictures," said Myra's mother, Ericka Lewis.

Ericka Lewis last spoke to our news crews this past summer about her daughter's disappearance.

She says the last time she saw Myra was March 1st in the yard of her Camden home as she left for the store.

"She was abducted, I know she was, she was abducted and they just need to bring her home to her family where she belongs," Ericka said.

http://www.msnewsnow.com/story/28232998/myra-lewis-disappearance-one-year-later

We have all seen the aerial area where this baby lived. How many abductors would drive down that isolated road looking for a child to scoop? The mom was gone "shopping" for hours. Is it possible that Myra was sold into human trafficking? Gosh, it hurts just to type those words. People just don't disappear. Her mother was the last to see her. I am glad the governor of MS set up a human trafficking task force on December 09, 2014.

I hope Myra knows she is loved.

While I do believe that kids are sold into bondage, I think for most , especially the very small ones, the answer lies much closer to home.

Find Myra !!

While I do believe that kids are sold into bondage, I think for most , especially the very small ones, the answer lies much closer to home.

Find Myra !!

I agree, and with all the new laws that were passed due to Caylee, I can't understand why these parents haven't been arrested for something?

After all of this time, I have begun to think a couple of scenarios are possible. One is obvious and I won't delve into it. Someone mentioned the rural road the family lives on. I'm not familiar with that area in particular, but being a native Mississippian who was raised in a similar place in close proximity to a similar community, I do have some alternate thoughts. I have begun to wonder if someone might have hit the child with their car, and seeing no witnesses takes the child elsewhere. Yes, I know, it sounds like the storyline in the show "The Missing". Difficult to imagine yet still plausible?

After all of this time, I have begun to think a couple of scenarios are possible. One is obvious and I won't delve into it. Someone mentioned the rural road the family lives on. I'm not familiar with that area in particular, but being a native Mississippian who was raised in a similar place in close proximity to a similar community, I do have some alternate thoughts. I have begun to wonder if someone might have hit the child with their car, and seeing no witnesses takes the child elsewhere. Yes, I know, it sounds like the storyline in the show "The Missing". Difficult to imagine yet still plausible?

Yep. That has crossed my mind as well.

Hate those double posts. :(

I just saw the video clip of the mom making those statements on camera. I've been fooled before, I admit. But my heart went out to her watching that. She was crying, completely wet face from tears, saying "I just want her back. Please bring her back."

http://www.wlox.com/story/28232998/myra-lewis-disappearance-one-year-later

In October, the Find Me group, a group consisting of former law enforcement officers and physics issued a report with the Madison County Sheriff's Office claiming they may know where Myra could be.

But that report turned up nothing. The past year has been a struggle for the Lewis family and for authorities as they worked tirelessly to find the little girl.

"The family is asking for prayers that Myra is alive and well, and that where ever she is that she is being treated well and not abused.

They would also like to add that they have not been kept in the loop in the investigation of Myra's case by the Madison County Sheriff's Department nor the FBI. They are not contacted regarding any leads or the report that was given by the Find Me Group.

The family is extremely upset regarding the lack of contact with them regarding Myra's case. The Lewis's state that the last contact they had with the Madison County Sheriff's office was around the time of the Find Me Report when Mrs. Lewis's contacted them, she was told at that time they had some strong leads, and they would be in touch with them, but since that time they have not been contacted."

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - On Monday afternoon, Sheriff Tucker, of Madison, told reporters his office has exhausted all resources in its search for Myra Lewis.

It's like a punch in the stomach.

"This is a case we wake up to every morning and go to bed to every night," Tucker said. "We've continued our investigation for an entire year. At no point has this investigation been closed. It's been active the entire time."

http://www.wapt.com/news/authoritie...toddler-one-year-after-disappearance/31558022

Sorry, sweet Myra, I have been busy.

We won't give up!

:bump:

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) - On Monday afternoon, Sheriff Tucker, of Madison, told reporters his office has exhausted all resources in its search for Myra Lewis.

It's like a punch in the stomach.

"This is a case we wake up to every morning and go to bed to every night," Tucker said. "We've continued our investigation for an entire year. At no point has this investigation been closed. It's been active the entire time."

http://www.wapt.com/news/authoritie...toddler-one-year-after-disappearance/31558022

From your 2nd link:

(snip)

The FBI has helped in the investigation by providing resources and manpower, Tucker said. The tips have led investigators all over the country, but as of Monday, have not led to Myra.

"We haven't gotten the resolution we want, but we've not given up," Tucker said.

In March, someone thought they saw the then-2-year-old girl in a Memphis hotel, but authorities didn't find her there. The Sheriff’s Department said it accepted help from a group of psychics who claimed they knew where the girl could be.

Despite weeks of searching and national coverage, authorities have not found the girl.

“It’s just a sad thing that no one knows what happened,” Johnson said.

Tucker said Myra's family has moved away from Madison County.

RBBM

:(

I'll admit it. I can't imagine leaving the area from which my precious child was taken from me. Oh no. Not without my daughter.

Color me (thoroughly and completely) :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From your 2nd link:

(snip)

The FBI has helped in the investigation by providing resources and manpower, Tucker said. The tips have led investigators all over the country, but as of Monday, have not led to Myra.

"We haven't gotten the resolution we want, but we've not given up," Tucker said.

In March, someone thought they saw the then-2-year-old girl in a Memphis hotel, but authorities didn't find her there. The Sheriff’s Department said it accepted help from a group of psychics who claimed they knew where the girl could be.

Despite weeks of searching and national coverage, authorities have not found the girl.

RBBM

I'll admit it. I can't imagine leaving the area from which my precious child was taken from me. Oh no. Not without my daughter.

Would you do that if you thought one day she would wander up from the woods? If you thought one day you would uncover her where she had passed away ? If you thought one day some phantom kidnapper may drop her back off in front of your house?

From your 2nd link:

(snip)

RBBM

Hmmm. This has not been discussed in my local news. My guess is they have not gone far. But it does have me pondering a few things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back