Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's getting ridiculous. If you're on the jury and you have any doubt, chances are you won't after you read about all the stuff you weren't privy to. But if that doubt results in a not guilty verdict because you consider it reasonable doubt, then we're not getting this right IMO. I just don't understand the whole "too prejudicial" argument regarding evidence.

No I don't either
As far as the jury finding out these details afterwards......
all I can say is 'KARLA'

I feel that the trial is more about the process than the actual evidence. It's as if the process is like a team sport and the ad that Magnotta created is like the best athlete ever for the one team, and there would be no hope of the other team winning. If that's what it is than I hate this process. Evidence is evidence.

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD 4m4 minutes ago
Break is over

I feel that the trial is more about the process than the actual evidence. It's as if the process is like a team sport and the ad that Magnotta created is like the best athlete ever for the one team, and there would be no hope of the other team winning. If that's what it is than I hate this process. Evidence is evidence.

Yep...keep the playing field even. Don't give one side any advantage over the other. :notgood:

I believe the video of LM acting perfectly normal during his audition for the reality show was also kept out for the same reason. It would show the jury that he was not at all like he was being described by the defence pyschiatrists. God forbid the jury should get a chance to see what the accused is actually like in a real life situation instead of acting like a mental patient in the courtroom while they were present.

MOO

I think the scariest thing of all is that he obviously fooled all the psychiatrists so if he is found NCR he will easily be able to convince them he isn't a danger to the public and could very quickly be back on the street. That's assuming of course that the defense psychiatrists actually believed what they had written in the reports.

I think the scariest thing of all is that he obviously fooled all the psychiatrists so if he is found NCR he will easily be able to convince them he isn't a danger to the public and could very quickly be back on the street. That's assuming of course that the defense psychiatrists actually believed what they had written in the reports.

I don't think he fooled anybody. These guys are paid witnesses. The defence goes to these guys and says "put together a profile consistent with our defence". If the defence hadn't hired them they likely would have worked for the prosecution saying "this guy is faking". Remember too, these guys didn't question what Magnotta was telling them, they just repeated it verbatim. This allowed the defence to essentially put Magnotta's story in front of the jury without the risk of him having to be cross-examined.

https://twitter.com/sleecjad

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 6m 6 minutes ago
Lunch break over. Jury resumes

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 4m 4 minutes ago
Father of #JunLin has been here since this morning. He is awaiting the verdict along with everyone else. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 8m 8 minutes ago

Father of #JunLin has been here since this morning. He is awaiting the verdict along with everyone else. #Magnotta

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 9m 9 minutes ago

Lunch break over. Jury resumes deliberations. #Magnotta

I'm guessing that Magnotta's is hopping these deliberations drag on? I honestly don't think 12 people would be convinced of NCR, but I can see all 12 being convinced that he is responsible. So IMO, short deliberations would indicate a guilty verdict. An extremely long deliberation could go either way.

Yep...keep the playing field even. Don't give one side any advantage over the other. :notgood:

I believe the video of LM acting perfectly normal during his audition for the reality show was also kept out for the same reason. It would show the jury that he was not at all like he was being described by the defence pyschiatrists. God forbid the jury should get a chance to see what the accused is actually like in a real life situation instead of acting like a mental patient in the courtroom while they were present.

Doesn't exactly fit with what ALL the psychiatrists stated :rolleyes:

‘My name is Luka and I’m a cosmetic surgery addict’ audition tape

“No. 1 is looks, number two would have to be intelligence. And I don’t know what the rest are,” Magnotta tells interviewers at this audition.

“All I care about is No. 1. All I do is care about how I look.”

http://globalnews.ca/news/253808/my-name-is-luka-and-im-a-cosmetic-surgery-addict-audition-tape/

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 12m 12 minutes ago

Jury taking mid-afternoon break from deliberations. #Magnotta

can someone tell me how long the jury is allowed to deliberate? will we hear the verdict today or can it take several days?

Shuyee Lee ‏@sleeCJAD 3m3 minutes ago

Break over. Jury back deliberating. #Magnotta

It can take from a few hours all the way to many days/weeks.

wow. guess i need more patience then ;) thanks!

3sj0qk.jpg

Shuyee Lee @sleeCJAD · 1h 1 hour ago
Jury's done deliberating for the day. Back tomorrow. No verdict yet. #CJAD #Magnotta

#Magnotta trial: No verdict after first day of deliberations. Jury is back at it tomorrow morning. #CJAD

I'm slightly surprised. I thought the jury might be back with a (guilty) verdict today. Maybe if they'd had an earlier start.

Jury's done deliberating for the day. Back tomorrow. No verdict yet. #CJAD #Magnotta

#Magnotta trial: No verdict after first day of deliberations. Jury is back at it tomorrow morning. #CJAD

I'm slightly surprised. I thought the jury might be back with a (guilty) verdict today. Maybe if they'd had an earlier start.

I can't believe there's even one who didn't go in there and say "pfft seriously?" I'm actually nervous that there might even be a lengthy discussion about this. I hope they just enjoyed their hotel accommodations and want another night there. :giggle:

Let's hope they spent the day throwing out all the "evidence" that was self reported and will be starting fresh in the morning with all the evidence that was actual evidence. Maybe they'll have a verdict by noon? Or maybe they just spent the day reading Dr Watts report out loud and looking incredulous at each other that he came to the conclusion he did after he wrote it?

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members