Verdict watch! ** GUILTY **

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought there was no consecutive sentencing in Canada?

There is matou .. but I believe only in the case of multiple murders (i.e. Legebokoff, Bourque)

@sleeCJAD:

Lawyer for #JunLin family Daniel Urbas says they have been trying to explain the justice system and procedures to the dad. #Magnotta #CJAD

Lawyer says dad wants to remember jurors number 7&8 who were out of deliberations. #Magnotta #CJAD

Says appreciates their efforts. ##Magnotta #CJAD

Dad wants to thank members of media. Nicknames used to remember them. #Magnotta #CJAD

Dad appreciates media's efforts, thanks Justice Guy Cournoyer. #Magnotta #CJAD

Thanking crown prosecutor Louis Bouthillier. #Magnotta #CJAD

Only 28 years of experience but sure he will reach 30. #Magnotta #CJAD

Thanking the police investigators. #CJAD #Magnotta

Says Sgt Paradiso (found #JunLin head) helped established trust for dad of victim. #Magnotta #CJAD

Thanking the building janitor who found the suitcase with torso inside, ex-lover and friends of #JunLin. #Magnotta #CJAD

Thanking defence lawyer Luc Leclair: a gentle man and a gentleman. #Magnotta #CJAD

Dad with message to #Magnotta dad: knows he's not responsible for son's actions, no ill will towards father. #CJAD

Hard time of year for family: #JunLin birthday is Dec. 30. #Magnotta #CJAD

They've set up trust fund to help the family. #Magnotta #CJAD

Lawyer says proud to be lawyer and friend of #JunLin family. #CJAD #Magnotta

@sleeCJAD:

Lawyer says dad found process very slow, lots of steps, discussions out of jury's presence. #Magnotta #CJAD

Dad perception of justice system was good but slow. #Magnotta #CJAD

Verdict, punishment doesn't replace son. #Magnotta #CJAD

Lawyer says they discussed in detail with dad psych reports & dad didn't believe the defence's explanations for the murder. #Magnotta #CJAD

Lawyer says #Magnotta not saying anything in court was a relief because can't control what he says. #CJAD

Lawyer says the balance btwn statements that could have hurt the father, ok with #Magnotta not saying anything. #CJAD

Lawyer says silence preferable even over #Magnotta apology. #CJAD

Closure? Dad waiting for this 2 yrs plus. Not return his son, no pleasure in punishing #Magnotta. #CJAD

Dad would prefer to see his son alive, to open up laptop and see him speak. #Magnotta #CJAD

Press conference over. #Magnotta #CJAD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He also said they're hoping to arrange a more in-depth interview with Lin Diran next Monday.

Does anyone know if he will be labeled as a dangerous offender? Or how this works?

@sleeCJAD:

Defence lawyer Luc Leclair coming to address the media now. #CJAD #Magnotta

Luc Leclair at the podium. #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says right to trial that is fair &impartial is a right in Canada,to punish #Magnotta for this right is un-Canadian. #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says some media criticizing him for mental lllness defence is distasteful. #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says he was in elevator with #JunLin father one day, shook his hand, looked like a kind man. #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says he told dad that trials don't give all the answers, hope he got some answers. #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says #Magnotta is a real person, saw him suffering from insanity, #CJAD

Leclair says many of us know someone,family,friend,who has struggled w/mental illness & if untreated, can lead to tragedy. #Magnotta #CJAD

@MontgomerySue:

#magnotta is a real person and I have seen up close his insanity Leclair says. With time it's schizophrenia that surfaces

At first #Magnotta's histrionic personality surfaces. We all know someone with mental illness, Leclair says

PM wants more money for bigger prisons, but we need more money for mental illness otherwise there will be more tragedies like this#Magnotta

@sleeCJAD:

Leclair says it's #Magnotta constitutional right not to testify. #CJAD

Leclair says only prepared one set of notes for one verdict. This verdict won't change his mind. #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says #Magnotta waived right to extradition, wanted to be judged by jury of peers, now they have spoken, Accepts the verdict. #CJAD

Leclair says #Magnotta has been preparing for verdict, focusing with friends, dad, psychiatrist. #CJAD

This little creep defence attorney makes my skin crawl. All about him, just like his client.

Someone make Leclair stop about the schizophrenia. Please.......

I think you are right that most of us don't want to hear what he has to say but I think Jun Lin's father does, I think he is looking for an explanation or apology, not that it would make much difference but I do think he expects it. Poor man.

I wasn't trying to speak for the father & can totally understand wanting that apology, deserving an explanation. It's just that there is nothing LM could say & none of it would be true. Plus I was reacting in the moment thinking LM might say something disgusting just to have the "last word".

Walk away Leclair. He is in the right place and always was. IN JAIL.

Just walk away now Leclair. You lost. He is guilty. Even without the "ad", the jury found him guilty.

@sleeCJAD:

Leclair says #Magnotta has been focussing on rebuilding his life, doesn't want more unsolicited letters from media or public. #CJAD

Leclair says #Magnotta will take time to look at grounds and merits of appeal but today is not time to address the issue. #CJAD

Leclair says there are grounds for an appeal, however. #CJAD #Magnotta

Leclair thanking everyone in this trial. #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says if there is anything to be said it will be done privately re: #Magnotta not saying anything in court. #CJAD

On whether #Magnotta took advice whether to testify in court. Leclair says it's always the decision of the client. #CJAD

Leclair says he gives legal advice, that's all. #CJAD #Magnotta

Leclair says he's competent to be at trial, did express remorse, regrets to Dr. Watts (psych). #Magnotta #CJAD

Leclair says #Magnotta disappointed but also relieved now that case is over and verdict is in. #CJAD

Press conference is over. #CJAD #Magnotta

On behalf of our friend:

Baudi Movaan @bodymovin99 · 3h3 hours ago

4 yrs 1 day after first running into #magnotta and his bs online, I never have to worry about him again. I hope the Lin family finds peace.

^^ A Huge Thank You ^^

Cat-hug.jpeg

Just walk away now Leclair. You lost. He is guilty. Even without the "ad", the jury found him guilty.

Doubt he ever would have walked away from the media attention. You'll notice he had to be told it was time to stop. hahahaha

Yea!!! Guess it's time to add GUILTY!!! to the thread title.

So let me get this straight. LM wants everyone to respect his privacy. And if he chooses to say anything to Lin Jun's family he wants to reserve the right to do that privately as well?

Yeah okay then Norma Desmond. Enjoy your life in prison. Although we all know you'll manipulate yourself into a psychiatric facility anyway. :banghead:

MOO

May the world remember Jun Lin, and forget Magnotta's existence

(I still really wanted to see him fat though. lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard