Found Deceased GA - Kelly Nash, 25, Buford, 5 Jan 2015

Early Monday afternoon, the Daily Post received a response to inquiries sent to an email account the Nash family set up to receive tips during the search.

“Thank you for all of your prayers,” the unsigned email said. “At this time, the family respectfully request(s) your respect for privacy regarding Kelly. We know many have questions, as do we, but unfortunately there are no answers to share at this time.”

http://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/ne...identified-white-male-recovered-in-lake/?news

The FB page is back up and the family posted the same thing that was run in the Gwinnett Daily Post.

The FB page is back up and the family posted the same thing that was run in the Gwinnett Daily Post.

I saw that but I can't read the comments on their page. Can anyone? It looks like there are over 100 comments but they don't display for me to read them even when I click on show more comments.

I saw that but I can't read the comments on their page. Can anyone? It looks like there are over 100 comments but they don't display for me to read them even when I click on show more comments.

I can't see the comments either. Like you, I see the number of comments showing, but when I click on them it never show.

Article states foul play is not suspected. I wonder what makes them say that so quickly. I sure think it is odd for someone to go out and disappear in the middle of the night and then end up in the lake. I'm confused.

I can not read the comments either..so weird. Can you hide comments while posting on FB? Is there like a privacy lock maybe??
Prayers to the family. This is so sad. RIP Kelly.

I find it odd that a grown man goes missing at 4am (at or around) and is found in the lake but no sign of foul play is suspected :thinking:
IMO he would have to have commited suicide and there would need to be obvious proof for them to not do a full on investigation. Why would a body show up a month later so close to home? Too many questions at this point, IMO

I find it odd that a grown man goes missing at 4am (at or around) and is found in the lake but no sign of foul play is suspected :thinking:
IMO he would have to have commited suicide and there would need to be obvious proof for them to not do a full on investigation. Why would a body show up a month later so close to home? Too many questions at this point, IMO

I'm also in the area, very close to Buford and Lake Lanier. The weather here has not been consistently very cold, but this weekend was very warm - in the 70s. I think with that, and the fact that the lake is full of debris, trees, etc under the surface, he may have been "caught up" on something for awhile:(. Maybe that's why he was just found?

This is horrible. When I posted this thread I had a bad feeling about that lake. RIP Kelly :(:rose:

I haven't been on WS in a long time and recently logged on because of another case nearby. This one just really bothered me, because it is SO close. The college he attended is a mile from my house... When I heard last night a body had been found in the lake, I knew it was probably him. It's really weird though. I doubt he went for a swim. Did he just accidentally walk or fall off a dock??? I know the lake has places that are extremely deep right near the shoreline. If he fell in, he would have a hard time getting out without help.

Did he have a suicide note on him, (in something waterproof)? Or drug paraphernalia? Really not sure how they can rule out foul play at this point.

The body had drifted into a cove behind the 6000 block of Shadburn Ferry Road. The sheriff’s office will not release any further details regarding cause of death until the medical examiner finishes further tests.

http://www.forsythnews.com/section/1/article/26745/

RIP Kelly :rose:

Young man disappears, found in water, why in the heck does this continue to happen in so many cases??? And usually the death is ruled suicide, or accidental drowning, and that's that.

If someone wanted someone dead, well, there's the perfect plan it seems...drown them, and after such a time, there's no evidence of bruising or an injury, and case closed.

Kelly, you mattered!!!

Young man disappears, found in water, why in the heck does this continue to happen in so many cases??? And usually the death is ruled suicide, or accidental drowning, and that's that.

If someone wanted someone dead, well, there's the perfect plan it seems...drown them, and after such a time, there's no evidence of bruising or an injury, and case closed.

Kelly, you mattered!!!

Poignant, beautiful words. I share your sentiments. xo :*(

FYI - My atthelake avatar was made due to being regularly posting here from a house on this lake, about 1/2 mile from this area. Thought I might give a little visual insight. The end of Shadburn Ferry Road is a park, http://www.lanierislands.com/accommodations/campgrounds which you can overnight. On the northeast side of the road, there is a boat put in ramp. There are no waterways which would push a body "up into a cove" :moo: although the usual wind direction on the lake does come from the southwest.

From this photo, the area which he was found was not on big water. It was in a smaller cove. (See that the walkway to the home associated with the dock is to the right, and how near the house is across the water)

Cove.JPG

This is one end of the 6000 block of Shadburn Ferry Road. Notice on the map Jimmy Dodd Road and Buford Dam Road which was on the original notice of him missing

6001ShadburnFerryRd.JPG

This is the other end of the 6000 block of Shadburn Ferry Road.

6998ShadburnFerryRd.JPG

Zoom out of this part of the Lake Lanier.

lake.JPG

I am from GA but was raised over toward Cherokee county, so I am not familiar with the area he was found. Ironically it was a friend I have in Florida that told me about Kelly initially, as she is close friends with his mom. So not the ending we were praying for.

Since I don't know that area, would it have been possible that it was him in the video from the gas station parking lot? Would he have passed the gas station walking to the water? This is just so strange. It was very cold that night as well. The family has not really said anything at this point, other than what has been posted.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChasF419
Back