Bobbi Kristina Brown found unresponsive in bathtub. #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB has had time to work through denial now and I am concluding he intends to keep her on life support as long as her body will allow it. I am surprised anyone can conclude he is a loving father considering his past history.

There is no standard period of "working through denial." There have been parents who lived in denial for decades over their children's chances of recovery.

Secondly, one can be a bad parent due to addictions or other factors yet still feel and demonstrate love for his or her child. They are not mutually exclusive terms.

Is BB's need to hang onto his daughter more important than his daughter's need to die in peace, that is the question.

I wonder if part of the dilemma surrounding a decision of life support may not be the ongoing investigation in attempted murder. If BK has even a small amount of brain activity I don't believe she could be considered "brain dead" by Doctors (not sure). Should family decide to stop life support and that decision is theirs and then she passes could NG not be able to use that as a defense to a possible upgraded Murder charge? If a Judge or the Doctors make that decision it would not make the family responsible?

JMO's

I wonder if part of the dilemma surrounding a decision of life support may not be the ongoing investigation in attempted murder. If BK has even a small amount of brain activity I don't believe she could be considered "brain dead" by Doctors (not sure). Should family decide to stop life support and that decision is theirs and then she passes could NG not be able to use that as a defense to a possible upgraded Murder charge? If a Judge or the Doctors make that decision it would not make the family responsible?

JMO's

No, imo it would not make him less culpable if he in fact caused her injuries. It certainly would not make the family "responsible" if they are following the advice of the medical staff or acting on what they believe to be BK's wishes with regard to indefinite life support in the absence of consciousness. But I'm not a lawyer either. Perhaps one of our lawyer members can address this question.

Is BB's need to hang onto his daughter more important than his daughter's need to die in peace, that is the question.

If he feels she has a chance of recovery, then he is not seeing it that way.

No, it would not make him less culpable if he in fact caused her injuries. It certainly would not make the family "responsible" if they are following the advice of the medical staff or acting on what they believe to be BK's wishes with regard to indefinite life support in the absence of consciousness.

Right, and full extent of BK's injuries won't be known until an autopsy is performed.

If he feels she has a chance of recovery, then he is not seeing it that way.

Right. And we don't know what her current condition is or what BB is being told.

I've seen several experts weigh in on what could be going on. There are drastically differing opinions. There's just no way for us to know what the "right" decision is at this time.

BKB is his daughter. His flesh and blood. His baby girl. He has every right to make his decision in his own time IMO.

JMO

Even in the case of Jahi McMath, who was actually declared brain dead, her family was inundated with tales of "miracle" wakenings and full recoveries. These stories actually involved people in comas, not brain dead individuals. But the point is that from time to time, people who are in a persistent vegetative state will "wake" and have some degree of recovery. A parent who hears these stories might well hesitate to remove support if he believes his child could be one of those success stories. I wouldn't be surprised at all to find out that BB has been the recipient of correspondence from families of miracle children, telling him not to give up on BK. I don't find his reluctance to withdraw support as unusual at all.

JMO's

BBM: Brain death is when there is NO activity, determination of that diagnosis is a very controlled, protocol driven process. Given what little we are able to determine from the news/media, it appears that BKB is under the diagnostic umbrella of a medically induced coma & possibly leading to a status of PVS.

Underlined: NG can NOT use the termination of clinical support as a "mitigator" to any legal charges, point of fact, there's a possibility that the longer she lingers, the less evidence might be available at a post mortem examination. BUT as a defendant in my state recently found out, a death that occurs FROM illegal behaviors CAN be declared a homicide by the OCME even if the activity occurred 5 years prior.

Italics: The family is NOT responsible for anything legal when making the decision to remove support is made following medical advice.

I realize there is a huge difference between BK and this woman, but I found this case uplifting. I wish her well and some of the greatest happinesses in life like being able to be with her son and husband. MOO.

March 2014
Comatose Woman Heard Doctors Tell Her Husband to Take Away Her Life Support

“There was an agreement that I should continue to be kept on the ventilator to give a chance for an MRI scan to be done to see if I had any brain function. I was not even responding to a basic reflex test, which is why the doctor thought I was not going to have a chance of recovery. I am very pleased my husband gave me that extra time.”

Now, just one year later, Jenny is back at work and taking care of her five-year-old son. She’s even completed a 5k charity run with the help of a walking stick.

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/03/18/...ll-her-husband-to-take-away-her-life-support/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...k-husband-permission-switch-life-support.html

From what I've read BK and BB were estranged before her incident = not speaking .... he was called in because he was next of kin = her dad.

About a month before the incident, someone tweeted "I wonder if @realbkbrown listens to her dad's music & knows how epic it is."

She replied:

@REALbkBrown: @mrtwothousand @KingBobbyBrown HELL YARDS! My daddy is thee mostincredible PerformerDancer+Person+Daddy:) #periodpointblank!:):) ❤️💋

https://twitter.com/realbkbrown/status/540499011481116672

I don't think they were estranged at that time.

Bobbi Kristina Brown -- Moved to New Facility ... But No Improvement

Bobbi Kristina Brown has left Emory University hospital, and is now in a rehab facility in Atlanta -- but the transfer is NOT a sign her condition is improving.

Bobbi Kristina was moved to the new facility Thursday after doctors at Emory made one more attempt to slowly remove life support to see if she responds. She did not ...and we're told doctors say she's in the same non-responsive state she's been in for weeks.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/20/bobbi...b-facility-coma-long-term-care/#ixzz3Uxues7Zq

Bobbi Kristina Brown -- Moved to New Facility ... But No Improvement

Bobbi Kristina Brown has left Emory University hospital, and is now in a rehab facility in Atlanta -- but the transfer is NOT a sign her condition is improving.

Bobbi Kristina was moved to the new facility Thursday after doctors at Emory made one more attempt to slowly remove life support to see if she responds. She did not ...and we're told doctors say she's in the same non-responsive state she's been in for weeks.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2015/03/20/bobbi...b-facility-coma-long-term-care/#ixzz3Uxues7Zq

Seems that Bobbi Kristina and Nick Gordon share similar status - both are in rehab.

I cannot understand why they refuse to let her go. BK has given them so many signs that she does not want to come back. I know it's hard to say goodbye, but it is time.

Absolutely. Thank you for that nutshell. All the words expressed on this matter, from day one, and these remain as true today as they did when first typed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member