IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fourth guy spoke to a reporter.

[...]

"I really don't know exactly what they came for, but they came, took us in investigation and that was it. Let us go," A said.

Police would be looking for evidence, including clothing, that might match the suspect seen on security video walking away from the Blackburns' home after the murder and seen behind the wheel of a getaway car.

A downplayed the search at his apartment, saying police probably had "a misunderstanding."

"It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing a lot. Like I said, that I got in the middle of this, I don't know how, but hopefully it's all situated and hopefully they found the right people," he said.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30564314/police-serve-search-warrant-at-northeast-indianapolis-apartment

I hope there are feticide charges included with the murder charge. Does anyone know for sure if they can be charged with the murder of Amanda's unborn baby? I'm having trouble figuring out the feticide laws in Indiana.

Best I can tell, Indiana does have feticide laws.

I found this:

Currently, at least 38 states have fetal homicide laws. The states include: Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Nebraska, Nevada, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia and Wisconsin. At least 23 states have fetal homicide laws that apply to the earliest stages of pregnancy ("any state of gestation," "conception," "fertilization" or "post-fertilization"); these are indicated below with an asterisk (*).

>>>Red by me.<<<
http://www.ncsl.org/research/health/fetal-homicide-state-laws.aspx

Obviously there won't be any charges for poor baby Evie Grace, since:

"(4) knowingly or intentionally kills a fetus that has attained viability (as defined in IC 16-18-2-365); commits murder, a felony"
("Viability", for purposes of IC 16-34, means the ability of a fetus to live outside the mother's womb - See more at: http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/incode/16/18/2/16-18-2-365#sthash.nkHDl00L.dpuf)

AB was only 3 months along, so that baby would not have been able to survive on her own, outside of mama.

The fourth guy spoke to a reporter.

[...]

"I really don't know exactly what they came for, but they came, took us in investigation and that was it. Let us go," A said.

Police would be looking for evidence, including clothing, that might match the suspect seen on security video walking away from the Blackburns' home after the murder and seen behind the wheel of a getaway car.

A downplayed the search at his apartment, saying police probably had "a misunderstanding."

"It's embarrassing. It's embarrassing a lot. Like I said, that I got in the middle of this, I don't know how, but hopefully it's all situated and hopefully they found the right people," he said.

http://www.wthr.com/story/30564314/police-serve-search-warrant-at-northeast-indianapolis-apartment

OMG, does he really think police are that stupid? He "got caught up in it" by hanging out with three ****s. He knows exactly who they are and what they did.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FEalFJH.jpg

Rest in Peace, Amanda. :rose: :rose:

I'm so relieved for Davey and the rest of her loved ones that they will see justice for Amanda.

link

I wish they were charged with two murders....one for Amanda and one for the baby.

Thanks both Ontario Mom and Bessie for clarifying that for me! It really is a shame that no charges can be filed for Evie! I can't even imagine the emotions that are running through Davey right now! I wouldn't know whether to be happy or sad or both! I bet that baby (Weston) is crying out for his momma too--that would just kill me! God Bless him and God Bless his entire family! May Amanda R.I.P. The light will always shine through the darkness.

Oh...by the way...thanks for the big warm welcome Bessie!

I'm guessing they either grew up in the system or had parents who weren't any better than them. Probably why they are so full of hate and wanted to hurt someone so innocent and blessed. Don't get me wrong, growing up that way is no excuse, but it does help cultivate people like this.

True. Also, some people are just horrible human beings.

I believe he is only 18 years old, so that might mean they'd not post charges made as a juvenile ? Not saying I'm sure he has a longer rap sheet, but just theorizing.

My thoughts as well. In many states, crimes committed by persons 16 (I'm pretty sure it's 16; it could be 15) or under are sealed.

BBM

I'm sure Davey would say that he won't be able to follow through on these decisions on his own power, and I agree with him. :) But if he asks, he will be given "power beyond what is normal" to keep going in this direction. I pray that, even though he will have dark moments of despair, his overall life course will show that he will stick to his decisions.

I want to thank you, Bessie, for keeping this thread as clear as possible of the completely unwarranted suspicion, innuendo and general unkindness toward Davey and his beliefs that some were determined to post. You have upheld WS TOS admirably under very difficult conditions. Huge hugs!

I have seen one apology from a member who doubted Davey. Thank you! I hope there will be more. And I hope we can all learn from this that:

It isn't always the husband.

How we would behave under these circumstances isn't necessarily how another innocent person would behave.

Just because we don't like someone or they set off our "hinky meter" doesn't mean they committed the crime.

Judging isn't sleuthing. Neither is statement analysis.

Our words have power (quoting Tricia).

LE usually knows what it's doing, even if they don't tell us.

I have great admiration for LE in all the cases I follow, and this one is no exception. Although the justice and penal systems are imperfect, the systems are not to blame for what happened to Amanda. If these men had completed their full sentences before being released, they likely would have done this horrible deed to someone else. They are the ones who have to take responsibility for their actions, despite their terrible upbringing.

Even though my beliefs as a Christian differ greatly from Davey's, I share Davey's hope that they will repent and turn around and spend the rest of their lives living in a way that honors their Creator and Amanda's memory. That would be the best possible outcome IMO.

Lilibet, so well said. :tyou:

Well done Ipd. I'm thinking Amanda gave them her card and number when they promised to not hurt Weston. Remember the Captain said she was protecting her baby. Two left with the card to withdraw money and left her with the third who raped and killed her. She died protecting Weston.

So isn't there surveillance from he ATM machine? All ATM machines and banks have surveillance cameras. They would have pics of whoever was using her card at the machine.

Great post, and yes so so sad. I wonder if these kids just take it as a given that they're going to spend their life in and out of jail. No respect for anyone's life, even their own.

You're right. I read a fascinating book, Do or Die by Leon Bing years ago. She spent several months with the LA gangs; she interviewed the notorious Monster Kody, OG of the Crips, etc., etc. And yes, each of them knew they would end up dead or in prison. That was their reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus