IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little info about Taylor's past.

Call 6 Investigates has learned Larry Taylor has been arrested twice before. In June 2015, Taylor was arrested for indecent exposure in the Nora Plaza on Indianapolis' north side.

In September 2014 , Taylor was arrested on burglary charges. People were in the southside home when Taylor and several others broke in.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-connection-with-murder-of-amanda-blackburn

So glad to read the monsters that allegedly terrorized and killed Amanda have been arrested. "The Kill Gang"? As long as I live, I will never understand this mentality.

I'm sorry to have taken this so far afield from the original topic, and I won't post again on the subject of Christianity because everyone's beliefs are private. I would suspect Davey Blackburn believed his savior when He said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Swift and righteous punishment isn't a core belief of Christianity, it's the opposite of that. But again, I realize how offensive I sound with these statements, and I don't mean to offend. My purpose was to try to illuminate why Davey Blackburn seemed so odd to so many, when in fact, he is a Biblical Christian.

Best wishes.
Religion aside, it takes courage even to think these words, much less to live them. If he can follow through, more power to him.

Today I am deciding to love, not hate.

Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness.

Today I am deciding to hope, not despair.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...in-connection-with-murder-of-amanda-blackburn

Call 6 Investigates has learned Larry Taylor has been arrested twice before. In June 2015, Taylor was arrested for indecent exposure in the Nora Plaza on Indianapolis' north side.

In September 2014 , Taylor was arrested on burglary charges. People were in the southside home when Taylor and several others broke in.

Curious, his arrest history here only shows the nudity/indecency charges from August. http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML

I barely slept, this case still bothers me from the standpoint of the individuals involved just being a fraction of the whole in terms of that lifestyle. Looking at all those facebook photos of jalen watson and his friends, with all the guns/money/stolen jewelry/drugs that they seemed to have so little fear in proudly displaying for photos. They were bragging about this lifestyle of burglarizing people with all those photos. That part just makes me sick. There is even one photo of one who I believe is in the same circle of friends who is standing and flashing what I believe to be gang signs with both his hands and a very young child, maybe 2-3 years old imitating him with a big smile.

It's painful to see that kind of thing, because you know this is indeed a lifestyle and not some isolated events that happen on a whim every now and again. In that respect the mind has little trouble in seeing these individuals as ticking time bombs that eventually explode and do great damage to some innocent family in the right situation.

Every time there's an explosion, the world potentially loses someone like amanda who was such the polar opposite of this lifestyle and chose to take things that others saw as trash and proudly display that she made them into treasures.

Surely LE must have these feelings on a daily basis, being immersed in being the one dealing with the shrapnel and maybe even being thankful each time it doesn't turn into something like this case. San Clemente robbery is a good example. Should someone had woken up, things could have been tragically different.

I hope there are feticide charges included with the murder charge. Does anyone know for sure if they can be charged with the murder of Amanda's unborn baby? I'm having trouble figuring out the feticide laws in Indiana.

Curious, his arrest history here only shows the nudity/indecency charges from August. http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML

Those are just the ones known. I think they are investigating a lot of other unsolved cases whether it is home invasion robbery/rapes or even murder.

There is always the caught and the uncaught.

Serial killers murder many over the years before they are finally caught.

I think once this investigation is over with the charges we know about now will be just the tip of the iceberg.

Criminals quite often will rise the level of the crimes they commit.

The more they get away with something the more they will do that and go onto to other violent acts as well much worse than when they started off.

IMO

It makes me mad that ABC News, in its headline today, says "Teen Arrested...." and evoking the "child" image with the word "teen."

This is an adult male who murdered a pregnant woman. I would like to see headlines reflecting that.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/teen-arrested-killing-pastors-wife-indianapolis/story?id=35366994

It makes me see red too but knowing the biased agendas of ABC I am not the least bit surprise when they constantly try to water the crime down when its committed by a teen who is an adult. This isn't the first time nor will it be the last. MsNBC is horrible at doing the same thing too.

I barely slept, this case still bothers me from the standpoint of the individuals involved just being a fraction of the whole in terms of that lifestyle. Looking at all those facebook photos of jalen watson and his friends, with all the guns/money/stolen jewelry/drugs that they seemed to have so little fear in proudly displaying for photos. They were bragging about this lifestyle of burglarizing people with all those photos. That part just makes me sick. There is even one photo of one who I believe is in the same circle of friends who is standing and flashing what I believe to be gang signs with both his hands and a very young child, maybe 2-3 years old imitating him with a big smile.

It's painful to see that kind of thing, because you know this is indeed a lifestyle and not some isolated events that happen on a whim every now and again. In that respect the mind has little trouble in seeing these individuals as ticking time bombs that eventually explode and do great damage to some innocent family in the right situation.

Every time there's an explosion, the world potentially loses someone like amanda who was such the polar opposite of this lifestyle and chose to take things that others saw as trash and proudly display that she made them into treasures.

Surely LE must have these feelings on a daily basis, being immersed in being the one dealing with the shrapnel and maybe even being thankful each time it doesn't turn into something like this case. San Clemente robbery is a good example. Should someone had woken up, things could have been tragically different.

Great post, and yes so so sad. I wonder if these kids just take it as a given that they're going to spend their life in and out of jail. No respect for anyone's life, even their own.

I believe he is only 18 years old, so that might mean they'd not post charges made as a juvenile ? Not saying I'm sure he has a longer rap sheet, but just theorizing.

I bet you are right. I bet he is in a lot of juvenile records which are sealed. Ugh.

I agree but unfortunately usually in these gang situations they follow in the footsteps of family members it is the life they are raised in. I used to counsel some Latin King gang inmates and they learned and followed their fathers and mothers into the gang life so it's all they know, and then they have kids and the cycle keeps repeating.

And if Taylor was sentenced to more time for his 2014 home invasion which was just last year; He wouldn't have raped and killed Amanda.

So I do blame the judicial system for her death. Jmo

I hope there are feticide charges included with the murder charge. Does anyone know for sure if they can be charged with the murder of Amanda's unborn baby? I'm having trouble figuring out the feticide laws in Indiana.

Yes he can the maximum sentence for that is 20 years. It matters not if he knew she was pregnant or not. The penalty is increased if the baby could of survived outside the womb.
The killing of “a fetus that has attained viability” is murder, voluntary manslaughter, or involuntary manslaughter. Indiana Code 35-42-1-1, 35-42-1-3, 35-42-1-4.

http://www.nrlc.org/federal/unbornvictims/statehomicidelaws092302/

I truly hope Davey's faith, friends and family give him the comfort he needs.
It is so hard to make sense out of such a senseless act

I would like to add, I had bad feelings at the beginning of this case
Couldn't make things add up for me.
I am so very thankful that I was wrong.

Isn't it so fascinating to see how individuals perceive the same set of circumstances?

From moment one when we learned what happen I never got any bad feeling about Davey. There was just nothing there that even remotely pointed to him that I could ever see. To me, the entire circumstances looked just like so many other home invasion stories we have discussed over the years. Sadly, Amanda is another victim who's life ended so horrifically and tragically like so many victims before her... who also were innocent victim/s inside of what they thought was the safety of their own home.:(

The most frightening thing in all of this is to have to digest the brutal reality of it, imo and knowing we have to face facts and if it can happen to Amanda it can happen to any of us at any time.

IMO

I will admit I was one who had their hinky meter set off. Likely due to reading crimes here and too many Lifetime movies LOL. I am horrified by this crime but to learn of a rape just adds to the terror a pregnant Amanda must have endured. I was praying her death was quick but sad to learn it was not. Just beyond words!!! May these 3 rot in he77!!!!
ETA apologies for being a doubter

Religion aside, it takes courage even to think these words, much less to live them. If he can follow through, more power to him.

Today I am deciding to love, not hate.

Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness.

Today I am deciding to hope, not despair.

BBM

I'm sure Davey would say that he won't be able to follow through on these decisions on his own power, and I agree with him. :) But if he asks, he will be given "power beyond what is normal" to keep going in this direction. I pray that, even though he will have dark moments of despair, his overall life course will show that he will stick to his decisions.

I want to thank you, Bessie, for keeping this thread as clear as possible of the completely unwarranted suspicion, innuendo and general unkindness toward Davey and his beliefs that some were determined to post. You have upheld WS TOS admirably under very difficult conditions. Huge hugs!

I have seen one apology from a member who doubted Davey. Thank you! I hope there will be more. And I hope we can all learn from this that:

It isn't always the husband.

How we would behave under these circumstances isn't necessarily how another innocent person would behave.

Just because we don't like someone or they set off our "hinky meter" doesn't mean they committed the crime.

Judging isn't sleuthing. Neither is statement analysis.

Our words have power (quoting Tricia).

LE usually knows what it's doing, even if they don't tell us.

I have great admiration for LE in all the cases I follow, and this one is no exception. Although the justice and penal systems are imperfect, the systems are not to blame for what happened to Amanda. If these men had completed their full sentences before being released, they likely would have done this horrible deed to someone else. They are the ones who have to take responsibility for their actions, despite their terrible upbringing.

Even though my beliefs as a Christian differ greatly from Davey's, I share Davey's hope that they will repent and turn around and spend the rest of their lives living in a way that honors their Creator and Amanda's memory. That would be the best possible outcome IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean