IN - Amanda Blackburn, 28, pregnant, murdered, Indianapolis, 10 Nov 2015 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am one of the few that always believed everything that was told to reporter Grace throughout this case. When he said LE had cleared Davey 100% I believed him and not once did LE come out to refute what he reported either like they tried to suppress the rape information. I felt they did that trying to save Davey and his/her family pain from it being splattered all across the news. I knew that was going to be true as well. I also believed the info about sustaining three injuries. LE never refuted that information. So all and all the local reporters were pretty spot on all along.

Remember in the Dermond case when it first hit the news and for weeks after it was always one reporter that got the inside scoop from LE every time , Mark Winne in Atlanta. The close relationship between reporter and a high ranking officer in a PD can go on for many years. The source will continue to give them information if they have proved themselves trustworthy and never expose their source. I think this is what happened in this case.

Sadly, I am not surprised by any of this or how they did it. I had said earlier this was going to be another case of a horrible home invasion that turned out to be so tragic for the innocent victim inside.

It had all the ear-markings of similar home invasion cases in the past.

I wouldn't be surprised either if more charges are filed against them before this is all over with. I think they have been doing this for sometime now and I hope all the living victims will step forward if they recognize them once their photos are shown.

Justice will not bring total peace for anyone but it will bring a small amount of peace to the many loved ones who grieves for Amanda. Justice will be done.

IMO

I believed him as well, everything seemed pretty spot-on, and I felt like his reporting/tweets had a bit more integrity.

Wow. And this is why he is a pastor. Beautiful man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pastor Blackburn reminds of what Lori Hackings mom said when she forgave her killer who was her own son-in-law. It shows just how powerful it is for those who have a strong faith in God.

IMO

Major mixed emotions this morning as I read about the arrests. This especially:

Detectives believe the men entered the Blackburn home, which was unlocked, and confronted Amanda Blackburn, who was at home with her 1-year-old son. Sources say two of the suspects left with Blackburn’s ATM card to retrieve money, while Taylor allegedly raped and killed Amanda.
http://fox59.com/2015/11/23/impd-makes-arrests-in-amanda-blackburn-case/

I just can't imagine her fear, seeing all three of them come inside her home. Not to mention the fear level going up a notch when the two left and one stayed behind. In such a situation, a woman knows what's about to happen. The 3 monsters in her house may have even discussed it briefly before the two of them left. From what I know of Amanda she began to pray, silently. My heart aches for the fear and pain she had to suffer. :(

Other thoughts:

Yes, sister, he IS that kind of person. He WAS there and he DID participate and he KNEW what happened. But I suspect sister already knew all that anyway.

Thank God they didn't go upstairs and find the baby in his crib.

Hats off to LE for being so determined and catching these filthy monsters.

I have other thoughts but they're nowhere near as gracious as the statement Davey released. We may both be Christians but I tend to lean toward Old Testament justice. (that being, swift, and righteous punishment to the fullest extent of the law)

I just can't imagine her fear, seeing all three of them come inside her home. Not to mention the fear level going up a notch when the two left and one stayed behind. In such a situation, a woman knows what's about to happen. The 3 monsters in her house may have even discussed it briefly before the two of them left. From what I know of Amanda she began to pray, silently. My heart aches for the fear and pain she had to suffer. :(

Other thoughts:

Yes, sister, he IS that kind of person. He WAS there and he DID participate and he KNEW what happened. But I suspect sister already knew all that anyway.

I have other thoughts but they're nowhere near as gracious as the statement Davey released. We may both be Christians but I tend to lean toward Old Testament justice.

Since this case began when I found out about Amanda and how much she and Davey love Jesus I cant get the thought out of my mind that in her time of deepest despair she probably told them all that God loves them and if they would just leave without harming her God would forgive them.:(

IMO

Husband's statement:
http://wishtv.com/2015/11/23/impd-arrest-made-in-amanda-blackburn-murder/

“Though it does not undo the pain we are feeling, I was extremely relieved to get the news of the arrest made last night of Amanda’s killer. The investigators have assured me they have a solidly-built case to ensure justice is levied and the process is expedited. The family and I couldn’t be more thankful for the level of compassion and professionalism the IMPD and investigators have shown us through the last couple of weeks. My hope is for three things in the weeks and months to come:

1. That the court system would have wisdom on how to prosecute this man, so that no one else endures the pain Amanda and our family have had to endure because of his actions.
  2. That through all of this and although there will be great consequences for his actions, he would become truly sorry for what he has done and would even begin to experience the life-transforming power of the Grace and Mercy of Jesus Christ.
  3. That Jesus would give me and our family a heart of forgiveness.
Though everything inside of me wants to hate, be angry, and slip into despair I choose the route of forgiveness, grace and hope. If there is one thing I’ve learned from Amanda in the 10 years we were together, it’s this: Choosing to let my emotions drive my decisions is recipe for a hopeless and fruitless life. Today I am deciding to love, not hate. Today I am deciding to extend forgiveness, not bitterness. Today I am deciding to hope, not despair. By Jesus’ power at work within us, the best is STILL yet to come. Even when I don’t see it, I believe it to be true.”

My first thought after the husband was cleared...he will forgive whoever did this. Besides burying your wife and unborn child, finding forgiveness for their killer would be more horrific and impossible for me. I'm so sorry Davey and Weston. RIP Amanda.

Other thoughts:

I have other thoughts but they're nowhere near as gracious as the statement Davey released. We may both be Christians but I tend to lean toward Old Testament justice.

And that's why people in our culture, a culture of moral or cultural Christianity, don't understand Davey Blackburn and his Christian reaction. The Old Testament isn't Christian - it's a history lesson about what happened before Christianity began. True Christians, like Blackburn, are not of the Old Testament, and it's a HARD, HARD religion to belong to because you have to love and forgive. He doesn't have the luxury of hating and wanting revenge. He has to work toward loving and praying for those who robbed him of what was most precious to him - his lovely wife and unborn child. And he has had to face this horror under the microscope of a society that believed he was responsible. I can't imagine.

Has there been any word of a presser from LE?

Wow! I am very happy to hear arrests have been made.
Disgusted by the whole thing

And that's why people in our culture, a culture of moral or cultural Christianity, don't understand Davey Blackburn and his Christian reaction. The Old Testament isn't Christian - it's a history lesson about what happened before Christianity began. True Christians, like Blackburn, are not of the Old Testament, and it's a HARD, HARD religion to belong to because you have to love and forgive. He doesn't have the luxury of hating and wanting revenge. He has to work toward loving and praying for those who robbed him of what was most precious to him - his lovely wife and unborn child. And he has had to face this horror under the microscope of a society that believed he was responsible. I can't imagine.

People in our culture don't understand why DB can say what he did (and mean it in his heart) because they don't understand being regenerated by the Holy Spirit and seeing through His grace instead of the flesh. Not to get all preachy or off topic but that's genuine Christianity, and most don't understand it (or even believe it, or believe it's real). When I said I tend to lean toward OT justice I was referring to swift and righteous punishment for all involved in this heinous act.

I am very happy that arrests have been made. This was great news to come back to! Fantastic work by LE on this case - very swift.

As always, relieved that criminals continue to be a stupid as ever...and that so many leave behind clues.

People in our culture don't understand why DB can say what he did (and mean it in his heart) because they don't understand being regenerated by the Holy Spirit and seeing through His grace instead of the flesh. Not to get all preachy or off topic but that's genuine Christianity, and most don't understand it (or even believe it, or believe it's real). When I said I tend to lean toward OT justice I was referring to swift and righteous punishment for all involved in this heinous act.

I'm sorry to have taken this so far afield from the original topic, and I won't post again on the subject of Christianity because everyone's beliefs are private. I would suspect Davey Blackburn believed his savior when He said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Swift and righteous punishment isn't a core belief of Christianity, it's the opposite of that. But again, I realize how offensive I sound with these statements, and I don't mean to offend. My purpose was to try to illuminate why Davey Blackburn seemed so odd to so many, when in fact, he is a Biblical Christian.

Best wishes.

I truly hope Davey's faith, friends and family give him the comfort he needs.
It is so hard to make sense out of such a senseless act

I would like to add, I had bad feelings at the beginning of this case
Couldn't make things add up for me.
I am so very thankful that I was wrong.

arrest record for Larry Taylor (for some reason, the other two names do not show anything)

http://jail.com/arrest-records/larry-taylor-13404534
The first report last night (early this morning) said Taylor was arrested on a preliminary murder charge, and was being processed. The other two will be (or have been) charged this morning.

You might want to check back at this link.

http://inmateinfo.indy.gov/IML

Bessie, when you linked all the home invasions that have happened this year in Indy wasn't some of them involving rapes of the victims? Do you know if all of those cases are solved or are some of them still unsolved?

tia
I don't recall if each one was solved, but most of them were, for sure.

Perp pleaded guilty here.

Suspect enters guilty plea in violent home invasions on Indy’s north side

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (Feb. 5, 2015)—One of the suspects arrested in connection with two violent home invasions on Indianapolis’ north side in October 2013 pleaded guilty Thursday to several charges against him.

Trae Spells pleaded guilty to rape, criminal deviate conduct, robbery and burglary.

[...]

On Oct. 29, 2013, authorities said Spells and five other men broke into a north side home on 79th Street around 7:30 a.m. Police said the men forced a woman in her 50s to drive them to an ATM, stole cash, shot her in the leg, and sexually assaulted both her and her daughter. Police said the suspects then stole three of the victims’ cars, dumping two of them at 62nd Street and Michigan Road.

"It was something we don't see a lot in this area, in Meridian Hills, and I think it really woke people up to the idea that this really can happen anywhere," said Kristina Frey.

http://fox59.com/2015/02/05/suspect...-invasions-on-indys-north-side-pleads-guilty/
No rape in this case, but there was a conviction.

Jury finds 3 guilty in terrifying home invasion.

Kristine Guerra and Madeline Buckley, 10:31 a.m. EDT August 14, 2015
Police said the suspects broke into the young couple's house, ransacked the home, drove to area ATMs to withdraw cash using the victims' debit cards and stole many of their belongings.

[...]

The jury returned the verdicts for Michael Pugh, 23; Adrian Anthony, 22; and Taiwan Lundy, 22, just before 7 a.m. Friday morning after attorneys closed their cases Thursday evening following three days of testimony.

Both sides agreed that the young couple living in the Spring Mill Road home went through hours of terror that fall morning almost two years ago, on Oct. 24, 2013.

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/...rating-home-invasion-trial-suspects/31671903/

I'm sorry to have taken this so far afield from the original topic, and I won't post again on the subject of Christianity because everyone's beliefs are private. I would suspect Davey Blackburn believed his savior when He said "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". Swift and righteous punishment isn't a core belief of Christianity, it's the opposite of that. But again, I realize how offensive I sound with these statements, and I don't mean to offend. My purpose was to try to illuminate why Davey Blackburn seemed so odd to so many, when in fact, he is a Biblical Christian.

Best wishes.

Regardless of varying degrees of personal interpretation of Christianity, I have no doubt DB's faith, family and church family will be there for him and little Weston. They're going to need much love and support for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike