CA CA - Ember Graham, 7 mos, Happy Valley, 2 Jul 2015 - #3

I'm assuming this topic is within TOS since Bessie thanked the post. The Siskiyou detective (Adam Oreck) who provided the info for the report, retired this month. He is not the medical examiner, but a detective. (ME provides his own info later in the report) I hope all info on the report that is ambiguous didn't go into outer space when he retired, as I'm sure many will have a lot of questions that only Adam can answer. It's a shame that this report wasn't provided prior to his retirement. A lot of the stated info leaves room for confusion and upset and if I were a loved one, I'd want/need/deserve to know more detail than what is provided in this incident report in order for me to process his death.

http://www.siskiyoudaily.com/article/20160205/NEWS/160209787

From what i read on the FB page his death was labeled a Homicide.

No clue why he was shot by the cops, but given all the information, it seems clear that he disappeared his daughter.

This includes his complete lack of concern, his lies to LE, his being seen on video taking Ember from the convenience store in the opposite direction from his house (where he said they were) then passing it on the way back an hour later (her paci was eventually found in the area he headed during that time period), the improbability of an abduction in his tiny trailer that was in such disrepair the doors would be a barrier for an abductor, etc. It goes on and on.

He was a dangerous, desperate dude on the run with a semi-automatic. That couple is lucky that they didn't harm them. He seemed to lack a conscience.

But I wish LE could have spared his life so that he could have been held accountable and hopefully provided info as to where he put Ember (or where he put "it" as he referred to his daughter--"it"). So that her mother and loved ones could find some peace.

Sad all around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He was never a suspect. There was no evidence for the DA to make a case. Were they going to build a case with the pacifier? Wouldn't they have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that he was in the location of the pacifier?

Are you saying he was never officially named a suspect? I think reading what LE has said about him, how he acted, his lies and the proof that he left the store and took Ember in the direction of where her paci was found (a time period in which Matthew simply said he couldn't remember where he went--although it was not even 24 hours later when he was asked) it is abundantly clear that LE suspected (actually WAY more than suspected) that Matthew disappeared his daughter. God knows if they would have needed her remains to prove he caused her death in a court of law. But LE was not beating around the bush at all about who they believed disappeared Ember. It was her dad.

Here is one article that talks about a couple of things: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/report-missing-babys-father-killed-in-shootout-with-police/

I believe that he disappeared Ember too. If the LE officer who shot him did so without following proper procedure then they should be held accountable for that and charged or disciplined accordingly. But that doesn't make Matthew innocent.

I believe that he disappeared Ember too. If the LE officer who shot him did so without following proper procedure then they should be held accountable for that and charged or disciplined accordingly. But that doesn't make Matthew innocent.

I agree. LE should be held accountable if they shot him and it was unwarranted. But, IMO, I don't think they shot an innocent father who was following up on a lead about his baby girl. I think they shot a desperate armed guy who was fleeing after Ember's paci was found in the area he was suspected of leaving her. I think the tragedy in this case is that he died with the answers of where she is located.

I agree. LE should be held accountable if they shot him and it was unwarranted. But, IMO, I don't think they shot an innocent father who was following up on a lead about his baby girl. I think they shot a desperate armed guy who was fleeing after Ember's paci was found in the area he was suspected of leaving her. I think the tragedy in this case is that he died with the answers of where she is located.

Have LE found any evidence of baby Ember being deceased? I don't think the fact they found her pacifier means she has died, it could of been for other reasons too. If LE were sure Ember was left in the area her pacifier was found then why hasn't she been recovered yet i wonder? Surely they would of been out there was SAR & cadaver dogs to help search? Are there ongoing active searches still ongoing for her do you know?

No clue why he was shot by the cops, but given all the information, it seems clear that he disappeared his daughter.

This includes his complete lack of concern, his lies to LE, his being seen on video taking Ember from the convenience store in the opposite direction from his house (where he said they were) then passing it on the way back an hour later (her paci was eventually found in the area he headed during that time period), the improbability of an abduction in his tiny trailer that was in such disrepair the doors would be a barrier for an abductor, etc. It goes on and on.

He was a dangerous, desperate dude on the run with a semi-automatic. That couple is lucky that they didn't harm them. He seemed to lack a conscience.

But I wish LE could have spared his life so that he could have been held accountable and hopefully provided info as to where he put Ember (or where he put "it" as he referred to his daughter--"it"). So that her mother and loved ones could find some peace.

Sad all around.

According to his family the way his place of residence at the time was described like some ramshackle old building with no running water etc. is BS. So who knows really?

Has anyone worked on a timeline? I saw one that involved MG's wall but not one for when Ember went missing.

There's a video out by KRCR that finally shows the footage from the convienence store.

They say the baby was alive in the store, so what could have happened within such a short amount of time?

I read that on the Facebook page, that his death was ruled a homicide, but in reading the actual documents I don't see where anyone officially ruled his death a homicide.
Bah, that's what I meant, sorry, lol. I was also reading Lyle Stevik that day, can you tell?

I read that on the Facebook page, that his death was ruled a homicide, but in reading the actual documents I don't see where anyone officially ruled his death a homicide.

It was on the last of 4 pages shown in the upics. Multiple gun shot wounds, Homicide.

From your link:

"The police department painted a picture of how they thought he was or what they believed happened," said Jamielee Graham, 20. "But as his wife I know him and he's not capable of hurting someone, including his own daughter. He's just not."

On July 10, a pacifier was found on the side of the road with Ember's DNA. Graham told Matthew this information, and investigators said that's when he stole a gun and went on the run.

That's what Ruben Ebron's parents said about Ruben too. Although I do get how hard it must be for Jamie to face the possibility (probability IMO) that her husband committed a heinous crime against her precious child. I'm so sorry for Jamie that Matthew wouldn't tell her what he did with Ember.

Also, the DNA results on the pacifier didn't come in until after Matthew's death. He ran when it was found but not yet verified as Ember's. The pacifier was found on July 10, Matthew ran on July 11 and the DNA results came back on the 17th.

http://www.actionnewsnow.com/news/ember-graham-s-dna-found-on-pacifier-found-in-ono/

I would have a hard time believing anyone I love was capable of doing something so terrible too. Denial is very comforting. :-(

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back