Australia Australia - William Tyrrell, 3, Kendall, NSW, 12 Sept 2014 - #21

Status
Not open for further replies.
William crossed my mind when reading about what's recently gone down with 60 Minutes.

Geez, you guys, William's abduction (and, now seemingly increasingly more likely death), is weighing heavily on my mind, and heart, after such a long time.

Maybe it's because it's my grandson's 5th birthday today and I saw the joy on his face when I gave him his present - a mini Iron Man suit (complete with muscles and a mask) and watched him 'fly' around my daughter's home. Sometimes when these milestones arrive they are bittersweet.

The sadness and hopelessness I feel regarding the evil that is, and has been, done to our most vulnerable is almost unbearable at times. Therefore, I am so grateful for all of you. No matter if we have 'strong differences of opinion' or 'outbursts of emotion'; you remind me that people care about each other. That is truly balm for my soul, so thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Thank you for this post bohemian it is very moving. I can totally understand how you feel one of my cousins sons is 3 and obsessed with Spider-Man and he wears his costume a lot and it reminds me that William is missing. It is very sad that the vast majority of us grow up to have long mostly happy lives and due to a minority of small of monsters some children and adults do not. The injustice of this is very frustrating and upsetting. Best wishes to you.

BBM. I've often wondered if Jubelin knows something though. Maybe there's a lot more suspected history there..

BBM, I would think it is par for the course seeing as he has been charged with the very serious allegations from a historic case from a long time ago. These are BS's conditions of bail to report x3 times per week, and he has to adhere to them as instructed by the court until such time as his case is tried in court and he is either found guilty of those charges or not guilty in which case it will determine his sentencing if found guilty, but if found innocent then i would imagine he will no longer have those previous bail conditions and will be free to carry on his life and exonerated from the crime he was charged with, and i do remember initially the judge stating it was a very weak case, so there's that.
I'm not sure i see how B.S. historic charges can be used as an aid in WT's investigation though?

BBM, I would think it is par for the course seeing as he has been charged with the very serious allegations from a historic case from a long time ago. These are BS's conditions of bail to report x3 times per week, and he has to adhere to them as instructed by the court until such time as his case is tried in court and he is either found guilty of those charges or not guilty in which case it will determine his sentencing if found guilty, but if found innocent then i would imagine he will no longer have those previous bail conditions and will be free to carry on his life and exonerated from the crime he was charged with, and i do remember initially the judge stating it was a very weak case, so there's that.
I'm not sure i see how B.S. historic charges can be used as an aid in WT's investigation though?
If BS is convicted of the historical crimes then police can possibly offer a plea bargain for info on William.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Sadly a lot of these types of crimes against children are committed in their own homes by a parent they should be able to trust. I say bring back the death penalty for anyone that violates an innocent child and maybe that's what Australians could petition for to their local representatives. There needs to be a zero tolerance in our society for it, and we are the only ones to try and bring about the changes we want to see. Paedophilia is not a mental illness IMO, it is just pure evil and there are no excuses for it.

I don't think the death penalty will return to Australia. In 2010 Federal Parliament passed the Crimes Legislation Amendment (Torture Prohibition and Death Penalty Abolition) Act, which permanently bans all corporal punishment in all Australian jurisdictions. It was banned in NSW in 1955, but some corporal crimes remained on the books until the 1980s (not that the DP was still being actually carried out then), but its been completely banned in this state since.

http://www.amnesty.org.au/news/comments/22686/

Amnesty International welcomes the passage today of historic legislation that confirms Australia’s opposition to torture and the death penalty.
The Crimes Legislation Amendment (Torture Prohibition and Death Penalty Abolition) Bill 2009 passed through the Senate today without amendments. This final step in the legislative process means that no state in Australia can reinstate the death penalty for any crime.
I think the only thing that might reignite calls for it, is if/when a terrorist attack happens here that kills many people and where a terrorist survives. Even then it wouldn't be able to be retroactive, so I think such legislation could potentially not pass, especially given that it's only a slim majority (52%) that support the death penalty even for convicted terrorists.

Your best bet is campaigning for mandatory life sentences for convicted paedophiles, which I think is reasonable.

William crossed my mind when reading about what's recently gone down with 60 Minutes.

you have me thinking.....how does one start a child recovery business? I guess you have to get experience....how would you do that do you think?

If BS is convicted of the historical crimes then police can possibly offer a plea bargain for info on William.

Yes of course that's a possibility if he is found guilty, and that's if Spedding had anything to do with the crime or knows something more than he's telling about who was involved if at all? As far as i am aware Spedding has so far only been named a POI and not a suspect, which tells me from following other cases here that police to date have nothing to upgrade BS's status from POI or to charge him with as evidence in WT's case that would bring about such charges. I personally think BS is too obvious for the perp. to have done anything to William, considering he had contact with the grandmother in her home, and must of known he would be a POI for that very reason, but he could be that brazen, but i somehow doubt it. If he is involved at all, then it could be something he knows, IMO.

I don't think the death penalty will return to Australia. In 2010 Federal Parliament passed the Crimes Legislation Amendment (Torture Prohibition and Death Penalty Abolition) Act, which permanently bans all corporal punishment in all Australian jurisdictions. It was banned in NSW in 1955, but some corporal crimes remained on the books until the 1980s (not that the DP was still being actually carried out then), but its been completely banned in this state since.

http://www.amnesty.org.au/news/comments/22686/

I think the only thing that might reignite calls for it, is if/when a terrorist attack happens here that kills many people and where a terrorist survives. Even then it wouldn't be able to be retroactive, so I think such legislation could potentially not pass, especially given that it's only a slim majority (52%) that support the death penalty even for convicted terrorists.

Your best bet is campaigning for mandatory life sentences for convicted paedophiles, which I think is reasonable.

Thanks for the info. Yes i know it will probably never be reinstated in Australia once it has been abolished. But then seeing as the taxpayers have to foot the bill for their imprisonment i don't think that's fair either.
Maybe they could just banish them out of society somewhere remote where they will never get another opportunity to molest a child or violate them in the horrendous ways they do.

Kinda off topic but relevant to pedophiles.

Please tell me if I'm wrong thinking this.

A new McDonalds has been built on a busy roundabout and next to a huge 24 hour service station. The TWO STOREY front is glass features the highly lit children's playground and the children are TOTALLY ON DISPLAY.
I hope this isn't the new design for McDonalds.

I've taken a couple of pics.

My problem is, the car park could act like a drive-in cinema to watch the kiddies!

I felt extremely uncomfortable when I saw all these children on display.

Please tell me your feelings on this....I don't think it necessary to feature children in full public view like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 31

A new McDonalds has been built on a busy roundabout and next to a huge 24 hour service station. The TWO STOREY front is glass features the highly lit children's playground and the children are TOTALLY ON DISPLAY.

My problem is, the car park could act like a drive-in cinema to watch the kiddies!

Please tell me your feelings on this....I don't think it necessary to feature children in full public view like this.

Quite a few of the McDonalds here in the States are like that, with the big glass windows around the play area. Of course they are built to lure in customers after the kids see the big play area from the road and beg mom and dad to go play. Unfortunately it has the potential to lure in more than innocent children. And so many here are built right next to a freeway entrance.

Slightly O/T....I was at McDonald's the other day with my 2 kids, in the play area. I was amazed at how many parents left their small children there unsupervised while they went back to the counter to get more food. The play area cannot be seen from the counter and regular eating area and there us an exit door close to that area. So of course I sat there making sure their kids were safe. Just infuriates me.

Thank you for this post bohemian it is very moving. I can totally understand how you feel one of my cousins sons is 3 and obsessed with Spider-Man and he wears his costume a lot and it reminds me that William is missing. It is very sad that the vast majority of us grow up to have long mostly happy lives and due to a minority of small of monsters some children and adults do not. The injustice of this is very frustrating and upsetting. Best wishes to you.

:* greg

Something has been bothering me about the biological grandmother's interview. Her answer to what she thought had happened to William could not be published for legal reasons. What opinion could she have, that could not be published? She was interviewed by the media scoop on this case. When the police were asked in the 60 minutes interview what strategies they would be employing to find WT, a part of the reply was harnessing the media coverage. After Nathalie Collins interview, the Where's William campaign made a quick response to keep looking and that the police think he is alive. The police then published a piece saying they have no evidence that he is dead so they are assuming he is alive (they have not published any evidence to that assumption) and will continue their investigation in that fashion. They have a huge amount of documentation to get through and have analysts and detectives working around the clock on the case. If Nathalie Collins statement could not be published, why did they even refer to her opinion unless they wanted to see a reaction somewhere. I am not necessarily pointing to the Where's William campaign reaction as what the police may well have been monitoring, it was just a very notable reaction that the public could see shortly after NC's interview. MOO

It was interesting to see such a quick response to the interview and to quickly see William's parents in MSM making statements. Why couldn't her thoughts on what happened to William be published????? I just don't understand it either.

And it's been too quiet lately. Is the investigation at a standstill? Nothing in media lately requesting the public's help, keeping William's face fresh in people's minds.

Also, I am looking for any further connection between BS and AJ besides living opposite each other in Wellington. I agree with Puggle's earlier post that AJ looks like he fits more of a profile for who could do this abduction. but then if he did it, it's too hard to discount BS from the picture. Like Wexford said, could have been for monetary gain. could he have just been the spotter? Knowing the kids would be there and informing AJ that there was an opportunity there and then staying away from the area.
And yes, the recent 60 mins debacle has got me thinking as well. Do child recovery agencies ask to look at potential customers court rulings for their child's custody or are they more mercenary than that?
MOO

Quite a few of the McDonalds here in the States are like that, with the big glass windows around the play area. Of course they are built to lure in customers after the kids see the big play area from the road and beg mom and dad to go play. Unfortunately it has the potential to lure in more than innocent children.

Slightly O/T....I was at McDonald's the other day with my 2 kids, in the play area. I was amazed at how many parents left their small children there unsupervised while they went back to the counter to get more food. The play area cannot be seen from the counter and regular eating area and there us an exit door close to that area. So of course I sat there making sure their kids were safe. Just infuriates me.

Definitely, guys. I suspect there would be some 'faux photographers' (among others) *shudders* directly opposite that particular Maccas. If I was the local coppers I would be doing regular drive-bys looking for 'loiterers'.

In NSW, it think it's illegal to photograph children without their parent's permission, yet I have noticed people with long lenses on their cameras taking closeup photos of kids at the childrens' play area (including water play) at Darling Harbour.

At a local Westfield, during a childrens' centrecourt show a few years ago, I noticed a guy filming the kids (including my granddaughter) from above. I told the Centre's security guard but he didn't seem to be too concerned. Granted, he did go up and speak to the guy but took his word for it he was a parent (he may well have been) and didn't ask him to stop.

Later, when I was visiting Victoria, I wanted to take a photograph of a childrens' play area to send to my grandkids via MMS to show them how cool it was. There were kids playing there at the time so I asked their parents' permission before I took it. So what's good for the goose...

Remember DI Jubelin said he wears his 'paedophile hat'. If something rings your alarm bells; I'd be taking note of it; if not immediate action by bringing it to Maccas and local LE's attention.

As for supervision of children, there's no need for 'helicopter parenting' but a little more vigilance and a lot less tapping on mobile/portable wifi devices may be wise (and not only when they're out in public). My 2 cents.

It's done to lure the children. I have actually seen people their watching children. It's awful. But it can happen everywhere. Parks, pools, playgrounds, malls. You can't hide children.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something has been bothering me about the biological grandmother's interview. Her answer to what she thought had happened to William could not be published for legal reasons. What opinion could she have, that could not be published? She was interviewed by the media scoop on this case. When the police were asked in the 60 minutes interview what strategies they would be employing to find WT, a part of the reply was harnessing the media coverage. After Nathalie Collins interview, the Where's William campaign made a quick response to keep looking and that the police think he is alive. The police then published a piece saying they have no evidence that he is dead so they are assuming he is alive (they have not published any evidence to that assumption) and will continue their investigation in that fashion. They have a huge amount of documentation to get through and have analysts and detectives working around the clock on the case. If Nathalie Collins statement could not be published, why did they even refer to her opinion unless they wanted to see a reaction somewhere. I am not necessarily pointing to the Where's William campaign reaction as what the police may well have been monitoring, it was just a very notable reaction that the public could see shortly after NC's interview. MOO

I have two thoughts on that...possibly her opinion was too upsetting to be published....or more than likely it involved naming names who cannot be named....or a combination of the two. And I think her interview was not part of the plan and more than likely some damage control was required. It is possible she has been trying to get her opinion out for a while but has been stifled possibly by the police harnessing the media.

I wish media could get some more interviews in there from family!

Could it just be libel laws? Her theory, even if stated vaguely, may lead everybody to the same conclusion/the same person.

I don't know anything about Australian libel laws though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53