TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
This case IMO so reminds me of recent case in KY. A mother disappeared to be found "suicide by self" after taking money from credit union. Her ex whom had stalked and harassed her suddenly looked for her and lovie lovie it up in the media. It was sickening. I realize BB and MB were still married but all the social media and other info points to 2 very separate lives with affair(s). BB demeanor, actions, pressers etc just do not sit well with me. I realize he was out of town but it will remain my opinion that BB and or his family MAY have knowledge of perp etc. I may be wrong and if so apologize in advance. I am much more of a Profiler than evidence based guy. Thankfully we have lots of evidence people onboard. I favor the Psychology aspect. BB sets off bells. A lot of bells

I agree with you. The SW, the creepy video, my perceived aloofness by BB, recent corruption by the officers in the Sheriff Dept, and the lack of transparency in the case IMO fuels the rumor mill and makes me suspicious and untrusting. And then to have a strong, independent, motivated wife/mother/woman murdered in a church just makes me feel vulnerable and upset. And the fact that I want to know more? Things that are none of my business? I'm hoping its just normal human behavior, a way to cope with the evilness in our world, to make sense of the senseless.

DesiredJustice said:
The children may have heard Missy''s end of the conversation tho. BB may have just been a little more concerned in recent weeks or days with MB allegedly saying someone was making her uncomfortable. Besides, I'm sure he was aware she carried a gun and was in good shape which leads me to believe her attacker wasn't aware that she carried. After all, who is going to plan on attacking someone with a hammer or whatever tools knowing she could have her gun on her? Lastly, if BB would've had someone follow her or go with her to "protect" her and something still happened to her, people would be sitting on here talking about how controlling he was and calling it a red flag.​
This is the second post I have read lately claiming that MB was carrying a gun. Where did I miss this information? Is there a link to a media or LE source?

Today, 08:58 AM#1187 DesiredJustice http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-28&p=12647511#post12647511
The children may have heard Missy''s end of the conversation tho. BB may have just been a little more concerned in recent weeks or days with MB allegedly saying someone was making her uncomfortable. Besides, I'm sure he was aware she carried a gun and was in good shape which leads me to believe her attacker wasn't aware that she carried. After all, who is going to plan on attacking someone with a hammer or whatever tools knowing she could have her gun on her? Lastly, if BB would've had someone follow her or go with her to "protect" her and something still happened to her, people would be sitting on here talking about how controlling he was and calling it a red flag.

Respectfully BBM, do you have a link as to MB carrying a gun? Whether on her person or in her truck? Thanks in advance.

How soon after her death was the meme/ joke about the shower and rubik's cube posted? It just struck me as strange and inappropriate.

This is the second post I have read lately claiming that MB was carrying a gun. Where did I miss this information? Is there a link to a media or LE source?

I think people are turning their own speculation into "fact" in this regard. But I'm with you, I don't recall seeing any statement anywhere by LE or anyone who would know, saying MB carried a weapon.

I believe that the burglary/vandalism effort, the Linked-In creepy threat, the warnings to be careful from husband, and the suggestion that perp may be female... all of it... are false flags if you will (and no, I am not a conspiracy theorist.)
I agree with you. MB was safe for 7 1/2 months going to teach her CG class, and what a coincidence that the one night BB is out of state on a fishing trip, she just happens to be murdered.

Why break in a church then wander around and not take anything ? I just can't buy the B AND E theory, her murder was so up close and personal, such rage and anger to hack a woman up.. Nope not buying it.... JMO ofcourse

I agree! I posted my 5 reasons why I don't believe this, tried to post and it stated I wasn't logged in???? What's up with that?

Is a person allotted time to post? Mod or anyone that can tell me please?

Thanks

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I know I posted this on the last page of the previous thread, so I'm not sure it may be reviewed on this one. Reposting.

I've been in LE for over 17 years and have seen many church break-ins. I, like everyone else, have watched the surveillance video numerous times. I believed that this was just a burglary gone bad ever since I've seen the video. I talked to credible source in the area and that person said that the victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn't pushing for details, because I know that I personally wouldn't give them out. The only other thing I can add is that they are closer than what they were a month and a half ago. Anything else I could add would be pure speculation on my part.

This case IMO so reminds me of recent case in KY. A mother disappeared to be found "suicide by self" after taking money from credit union. Her ex whom had stalked and harassed her suddenly looked for her and lovie lovie it up in the media. It was sickening. I realize BB and MB were still married but all the social media and other info points to 2 very separate lives with affair(s). BB demeanor, actions, pressers etc just do not sit well with me. I realize he was out of town but it will remain my opinion that BB and or his family MAY have knowledge of perp etc. I may be wrong and if so apologize in advance. I am much more of a Profiler than evidence based guy. Thankfully we have lots of evidence people onboard. I favor the Psychology aspect. BB sets off bells. A lot of bells

Respectfully, I want to understand, but I am having a hard time reconciling what I see as 2 different parts of your post.

I understand that your opinion is that BB and his actions/demeanor make you suspicious. I happen to disagree, but that's your opinion and I appreciate hearing from people who's thoughts differ from my own. What I am having a hard time following is where you compare this case to the case of Jennifer Hicks. It was determined that she did in fact commit suicide, so regardless of her ex's past behavior or his conduct after she went missing, he was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing. Not to speak ill of the deceased, but Jennifer stole money, Jennifer ran, and tragically, Jennifer chose to end her own life. Are you thinking that even with his "suspicious" behaviors that BB will ultimately be cleared as well?

Stolen swat gear in Cleburne tx, suburb of Fort Worth and about 25 miles from Midlothian. http://crimeblog.dallasnews.com/201...ke-rifle-arrested-shortly-after-robbery.html/

Very interesting find, unfortunately the person responsible was arrested and has been sitting in Tarrant County jail since Feb 2016 (on current inmate roster listed on Tarrant County Sheriff Department's website, https://ijis.tarrantcounty.com/inmatesearch/default.aspx?linklocation=Iwantto&linkname=Inmate+Search

If memory serves me correct, the Swat items were recovered but I could be mistaken.

Thank you. I am adding the phrase "bucket list" to the list of odd word choices along with game, role-playing and opportunity, all of them used by BB when speaking to the media. No one ever heard of a "bucket list" until the movie came out and the term has now become a part of the American lexicon. Everyone knows it implies the imminent death of the person completing his bucket list, and excuse-making otherwise is just that, excuses.

bbm

Respectfully, I disagree. Like many things in the movies (or in real life), the phrase has morphed into meaning a few things, including things that one wants to do before they die (whenever that may happen in the future), or before they get too old and unfit to do them. "We have a problem, Houston" doesn't mean that one is talking about NASA, for example.

BB morphed it further by calling it his "Annual Bucket List", meaning things to do before the year dies, if you will.

He does have an ungainly way of speaking sometimes, but I don't consider it sinister nor insidious. JMO.

I agree! I posted my 5 reasons why I don't believe this, tried to post and it stated I wasn't logged in???? What's up with that?

Is a person allotted time to post? Mod or anyone that can tell me please?

Thanks

Not a mod but I've had a similar problem (login timing out before my post was typed). Try clicking "Remember Me" when you login and it won't time out on you. (You can always log off later.)

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I know I posted this on the last page of the previous thread, so I'm not sure it may be reviewed on this one. Reposting.

I've been in LE for over 17 years and have seen many church break-ins. I, like everyone else, have watched the surveillance video numerous times. I believed that this was just a burglary gone bad ever since I've seen the video. I talked to credible source in the area and that person said that the victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn't pushing for details, because I know that I personally wouldn't give them out. The only other thing I can add is that they are closer than what they were a month and a half ago. Anything else I could add would be pure speculation on my part.

I'm inclined to agree. Those that disagree generally list a few valid reasons:

1. The suspect is too slow. Burglars break in, move quickly, and get out.

2. The suspect did not actually steal anything. (I think this is easily refuted by the fact that it was interrupted.)

3. The suspect is wearing an outfit that is counter productive to a burglary. It is too big and bulky. They would have been better off wearing a ski mask. (Apparently, there was an earlier attempted robbery by someone wearing a similar outfit in the area (that suspect was in jail at the time of Missy's murder so is unrelated), so that type of outfit is not unheard of).

Given your background, what is your opinion about the reasons given that it likely isn't an interrupted burglary.

Respectfully Zevedza, what are you seeing to make you believe this was a burglary gone bad. I'm not saying it's not because I don't know and all options have to be left on the table for now. I personally am just not thinking this is the case because of time for one, 4:00 am doesn't seem to be a popular time to burglarize a bldg. Also the manner in which Missy appears to have been brutally murdered, it seems to me like there was a lot of anger there and rage. Also, with nothing mentioned being stolen (doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't, and the SP not appearing to be in any hurry whatsoever. These are all JMO. I definately hope they are closer to solving case. RIP Missy, and may God bless her family.

Didn't see your post Darring21 until I posted mine. Similar posts, if only I was a quicker typer.

LinkedIn SW Snips:

Exhibit A Probable Cause April 27: In the course of our investigation we have had multiple references to the Decedent’s social media accounts, specifically her Linkedln account. Linkedln is a social media networking service used to make connections to others. In the course of our investigation, we have received information from interviews conducted with persons of interest and persons close to the victim that the decedent was a regular user of Linkedln. During one such interview a friend of the victim told law enforcement that less than three days before the murder, the victim showed this friend a private message from the victim’s Linkedln account. The message was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange. This friend could not recall the person’s name on the account.

From EMERGENCY DATA REQUEST: April 26: During the course of this investigation, several references have been made to the Decedent’s Linkedln account. We are preparing a full search warrant for the judge to sign. I hereby attest that there are exigent circumstances that make it necessary for me to additionally request on an emergency basis all information that was sent to the Decedent through the Linkedln service using private messages, chats or InMail between April 14, 2016 and April 16, 2016. We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in that time period
:thinking: So does that mean that MB allegedly showed the friend the message on April 16?

Also :thinking:
4/27 last dated SW executed, that is known to the public. :thinking: how many total are sealed and what are they for? What are the SW that the SW# skipped for? SW#s I ref from my prior post: May 8 http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-12&p=12536361#post12536361 JMHO we won't know any of this until an arrest or the time line for sealing has expired

Art. 18.011. SEALING OF AFFIDAVIT. (a) An attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request a district judge or the judge of an appellate court to seal an affidavit presented under Article 18.01(b). The judge may order the affidavit sealed if the attorney establishes a compelling state interest in that:
(1) public disclosure of the affidavit would jeopardize the safety of a victim, witness, or confidential informant or cause the destruction of evidence; or
(2) the affidavit contains information obtained from a court-ordered wiretap that has not expired at the time the attorney representing the state requests the sealing of the affidavit.
(b) An order sealing an affidavit under this section expires on the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed. After an original order sealing an affidavit is issued under this article, an attorney representing the state in the prosecution of felonies may request, and a judge may grant, before the 31st day after the date on which the search warrant for which the affidavit was presented is executed, on a new finding of compelling state interest, one 30-day extension of the original order.
(c) On the expiration of an order issued under Subsection (b) and any extension, the affidavit must be unsealed.

(d) An order issued under this section may not:
(1) prohibit the disclosure of information relating to the contents of a search warrant, the return of a search warrant, or the inventory of property taken pursuant to a search warrant; or
(2) affect the right of a defendant to discover the contents of an affidavit.

More at link http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

I believe that the burglary/vandalism effort, the Linked-In creepy threat, the warnings to be careful from husband, and the suggestion that perp may be female... all of it... are false flags if you will (and no, I am not a conspiracy theorist.)
So what is your theory ?

Respectfully Zevedza, what are you seeing to make you believe this was a burglary gone bad. I'm not saying it's not because I don't know and all options have to be left on the table for now. I personally am just not thinking this is the case because of time for one, 4:00 am doesn't seem to be a popular time to burglarize a bldg. Also the manner in which Missy appears to have been brutally murdered, it seems to me like there was a lot of anger there and rage. Also, with nothing mentioned being stolen (doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't, and the SP not appearing to be in any hurry whatsoever. These are all JMO. I definately hope they are closer to solving case. RIP Missy, and may God bless her family.

could the anger be from being interrupted? I agree w/ Z I have and still think this was a robbery gone wrong!

I really don't see the B&E theory because it seems so personal. I do understand that it could happen though. Isn't anything possible at this point? What are the chances they would run into each other at that time of morning? (rhetorical questions ;) )

Has the church reported any vandalism or burglaries since the 2013 incident? Any unusual activity? :thinking:

Because, if not, a B&E with murder is the most minuscule chance in hell of happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa