TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh in addition to the above...

LE stated that the public should NOT be afraid/scared (I'm paraphrasing), not in danger, etc... as they believed this was a targeted attack. If this was a B&E surprise occurrence, wouldn't they feel that the public was in danger of a perp who just murdered someone randomly?

I keep reading posts that describe the murder of MB as one that was personal and committed with anger and rage. Leaving possible perps, scenarios and motives out of the equation (since these are unknowns), please answer if you know... TIA

1. Has this been information shared by LE? (That the murder was personal and committed with anger and rage)

2. If this an opinion of posters here on WS, on what factual evidence do they base these opinions?

LinkedIn SW Snips:

Exhibit A Probable Cause April 27: In the course of our investigation we have had multiple references to the Decedent’s social media accounts, specifically her Linkedln account. Linkedln is a social media networking service used to make connections to others. In the course of our investigation, we have received information from interviews conducted with persons of interest and persons close to the victim that the decedent was a regular user of Linkedln. During one such interview a friend of the victim told law enforcement that less than three days before the murder, the victim showed this friend a private message from the victim’s Linkedln account. The message was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange. This friend could not recall the person’s name on the account.
From EMERGENCY DATA REQUEST: April 26: During the course of this investigation, several references have been made to the Decedent’s Linkedln account. We are preparing a full search warrant for the judge to sign. I hereby attest that there are exigent circumstances that make it necessary for me to additionally request on an emergency basis all information that was sent to the Decedent through the Linkedln service using private messages, chats or InMail between April 14, 2016 and April 16, 2016. We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in that time period

:thinking: So does that mean that MB allegedly showed the friend the message on April 16?

RSBM for reference:

Sounds like it was sometime Thursday to Saturday that she received the message. Interesting that that was just around the time of bad cop Slaughter's arrest (Friday, April 15). And that LE stated that "We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in that time period."

I really don't see the B&E theory because it seems so personal. I do understand that it could happen though. Isn't anything possible at this point? What are the chances they would run into each other at that time of morning? (rhetorical questions ;) )

Has the church reported any vandalism or burglaries since the 2013 incident? Any unusual activity? :thinking:

Because, if not, a B&E is the most minuscule chance in hell of happening.

There are many brutal murders that are not personal. Many burglaries that turn into brutal murders and many places that are burglarized for the first time. I lean toward interrupted burglary but am open to other possibilities. I don't think these are reasons that refute interrupted burglary, respectfully.

Legal disclaimer: The following is just my opinion and for entertainment purposes:
I know I posted this on the last page of the previous thread, so I'm not sure it may be reviewed on this one. Reposting.

I've been in LE for over 17 years and have seen many church break-ins. I, like everyone else, have watched the surveillance video numerous times. I believed that this was just a burglary gone bad ever since I've seen the video. I talked to credible source in the area and that person said that the victim was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I wasn't pushing for details, because I know that I personally wouldn't give them out. The only other thing I can add is that they are closer than what they were a month and a half ago. Anything else I could add would be pure speculation on my part.

Thank you Zvedza for sharing your knowledge and experience. It's more valuable than you know - and also sends our brains into orbit. :crazy: ha!
In your professional opinion, why do you think any LE would say that the public is not in danger if this is a B&E with murder? Wouldn't they alert the community to a dangerous perp?
I'm very curious about that.
Thanks again!

JMHO

From SW's filed for public viewing, we know there was a SW for MB iPhone and iPad. We also know that BB iPhone(s) (*longer redacted line on the ATT Target Number SW April 25, 3:25 pm) were extracted. **yet we do not know what date of BB phone extraction. But according to this from MT on April 21 BB phone had been looked at “ said Tucker. "I know that they have questioned him, looked at their phones." http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Sl...ster-in-Law-Speaks-to-Dateline-376629821.html

Snip from ATT Target Numbers SW: Throughout the course of this MURDER investigation, evidence has been recovered from electronic data extractions performed on Brandon Bevers (husband) and Ms. Bevers personal electronic devices (lphones and an lpad)

CW cell phone was extracted from the LinkedIn SW. No SW for CW cellphone has been made public. Or anyone else's for that matter. So we have no idea who interviewed possibly may have had their phone extracted, leading me to believe that CW gave consent to have his phone extracted. Snip from LinkedIn SW datedApril 27 3:50pm : An electronic forensic data extraction of the cell phones belonging to the decedent and the identified person of interest confirms that the communications using Linkedln occurred. The content of the recovered communications appears intimate in nature. The extracted information also showed that these communications were deleted after
the conversation ended and were only able to be partially recovered

Art. 18.0215. ACCESS TO CELLULAR TELEPHONE OR OTHER WIRELESS COMMUNICATIONS DEVICE. (a) A peace officer may not search a person's cellular telephone or other wireless communications device, pursuant to a lawful arrest of the person without obtaining a warrant under this article.
(b) A warrant under this article may be issued only by a judge in the same judicial district as the site of:
(1) the law enforcement agency that employs the peace officer, if the cellular telephone or other wireless communications device is in the officer's possession; or
(2) the likely location of the telephone or device.
(c) A judge may issue a warrant under this article only on the application of a peace officer. An application must be written and signed and sworn to or affirmed before the judge. The application must:
(1) state the name, department, agency, and address of the applicant;
(2) identify the cellular telephone or other wireless communications device to be searched;
(3) state the name of the owner or possessor of the telephone or device to be searched;
(4) state the judicial district in which:
(A) the law enforcement agency that employs the peace officer is located, if the telephone or device is in the officer's possession; or
(B) the telephone or device is likely to be located; and
(5) state the facts and circumstances that provide the applicant with probable cause to believe that:
(A) criminal activity has been, is, or will be committed; and
(B) searching the telephone or device is likely to produce evidence in the investigation of the criminal activity described in Paragraph (A).
(d) Notwithstanding any other law, a peace officer may search a cellular telephone or other wireless communications device without a warrant if:
(1) the owner or possessor of the telephone or device consents to the search;
(2) the telephone or device is reported stolen by the owner or possessor; or
(3) the officer reasonably believes that:
(A) the telephone or device is in the possession of a fugitive from justice for whom an arrest warrant has been issued for committing a felony offense; or
(B) there exists an immediate life-threatening situation, as defined by Section 1, Article 18.20.
(e) A peace officer must apply for a warrant to search a cellular telephone or other wireless communications device as soon as practicable after a search is conducted under Subsection (d)(3)(A) or (B). If the judge finds that the applicable situation under Subsection (d)(3)(A) or (B) did not occur and declines to issue the warrant, any evidence obtained is not admissible in a criminal action.

Added by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 1251 (H.B. 1396), Sec. 2, eff. September 1, 2015. http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

Art. 18.07. DAYS ALLOWED FOR WARRANT TO RUN. (a) The period allowed for the execution of a search warrant, exclusive of the day of its issuance and of the day of its execution, is:
(1) 15 whole days if the warrant is issued solely to search for and seize specimens from a specific person for DNA analysis and comparison, including blood and saliva samples;
(2) 10 whole days if the warrant is issued under Section 5A, Article 18.21; or
(3) three whole days if the warrant is issued for a purpose other than that described by Subdivision (1) or (2).
(b) The magistrate issuing a search warrant under this chapter shall endorse on the search warrant the date and hour of its issuance.
(c) If a warrant is issued to search for and seize data or information contained in or on a computer, disk drive, flash drive, cellular telephone, or other electronic, communication, or data storage device, the warrant is considered to have been executed within the time allowed under Subsection (a) if the device was seized before the expiration of the time allowed. Notwithstanding any other law, any data or information contained in or on a device seized may be recovered and analyzed after the expiration of the time allowed under Subsection (a).

Acts 1965, 59th Leg., vol. 2, p. 317, ch. 722. Amended by Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 984, ch. 399, Sec. 2(E), eff. Jan. 1, 1974.
Amended by:
Acts 2009, 81st Leg., R.S., Ch. 761 (S.B. 743), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2009.
Acts 2011, 82nd Leg., R.S., Ch. 772 (H.B. 1891), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2011.
Acts 2013, 83rd Leg., R.S., Ch. 1289 (H.B. 2268), Sec. 3, eff. June 14, 2013.
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/CR/htm/CR.18.htm

I really don't see the B&E theory because it seems so personal. I do understand that it could happen though. Isn't anything possible at this point? What are the chances they would run into each other at that time of morning? (rhetorical questions ;) )

Has the church reported any vandalism or burglaries since the 2013 incident? Any unusual activity? :thinking:

Because, if not, a B&E with murder is the most minuscule chance in hell of happening.

there have been a lot of church /daycare break ins lately (or actually right before this happened , haven't seen one since ) what if this person has done it several times with no interruption and thought he was alone, that could surely piss someone off , esp. if that someone had plans to pawn or get ..um say drugs (crack cocaine , heroin, etc.) then you REALLY have someone angry , esp. if that someone needed their fix .....just throwing that out there ? That could make it seem very personal

There are many brutal murders that are not personal. Many burglaries that turn into brutal murders and many places that are burglarized for the first time. I lean toward interrupted burglary but am open to other possibilities. I don't think these are reasons that refute interrupted burglary, respectfully.

BBM
Oh I agree! I'm just weighing all of the reasons how it couldn't IMO be a B&E.... the small community, the timing (all of the timing for everyone), the target, the place.... The weight of all of those things plus more... It just seems like the chances of it being a B&E are extremely slim IMO. That is just where my mind is atm. ;)
I hope I eat crow because I hate the thought of those girls going through life knowing that someone they KNOW murdered their mom.

I keep reading posts that describe the murder of MB as one committed with anger and rage. Leaving possible perps and motives out of the equation (since these are unknowns), please answer if you know... TIA

1. Has this been information shared by LE? (That the murder was committed with anger and rage)

2. If this an opinion of posters here on WS, on what factual evidence do they base these opinions?

It has been reported that MB died from puncture wounds to the head and chest. The puncture wounds were consistent with the tools being carried by SP.

Multiple puncture wounds from a hammer/blunt instrument to the chest and likely face seem to stem from anger/rage/hate. IMO those feelings simmered and built up over time, and I don't see a random unexpected encounter resulting in a manner of death consistent with MB's injuries.

RSBM for reference:

Sounds like it was sometime Thursday to Saturday that she received the message. Interesting that that was just around the time of bad cop Slaughter's arrest (Friday, April 15). And that LE stated that "We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in that time period."
Ohhh heck. I didn't see that sentence!
I was thinking of a press conference.

there have been a lot of church /daycare break ins lately (or actually right before this happened , haven't seen one since ) what if this person has done it several times with no interruption and thought he was alone, that could surely piss someone off , esp. if that someone had plans to pawn or get ..um say drugs (crack cocaine , heroin, etc.) then you REALLY have someone angry , esp. if that someone needed their fix .....just throwing that out there ? That could make it seem very personal

But I can't help but think if this Swatperp were that desperate for a fix, he wouldn't be sauntering around for 30 minutes in a church breaking glass and not stealing anything. In other words, while this may eventually be drug-related, I don't see Swatperp as strung out in the video.

But I can't help but think if this Swatperp were that desperate for a fix, he wouldn't be sauntering around for 30 minutes in a church breaking glass and not stealing anything. In other words, while this may eventually be drug-related, I don't see Swatperp as strung out in the video,

Yes I agree. I just can't put the pieces together for a B&E. :/ Seems like they would want to get in and out quickly...?

And I'm so confused. Does anyone remember where LE said that the public is not in danger and they believed MB was targeted?
I know LE can say anything they want and rightfully so, but I think that they did not put a warning out to the public during 2 press conferences. I'm gonna look too.

BBM
Oh I agree! I'm just weighing all of the reasons how it couldn't IMO be a B&E.... the small community, the timing (all of the timing for everyone), the target, the place.... The weight of all of those things plus more... It just seems like the chances of it being a B&E are extremely slim IMO. That is just where my mind is atm. ;)
I hope I eat crow because I hate the thought of those girls going through life knowing that someone they KNOW murdered their mom.

I agree. Somehow I envision the SP closing a local bar drunk, going home and putting on his fancy burglary suit and hitting the church nearby. Gets interrupted and in an alcohol assisted panic, clunks her a few times. More chance of finding him in a bar nearby than on MB Christmas list. JMO

Like others said, anything is possible, but... I still say that any person looking that relaxed KNOWS there are no alarms. I will go so far as to say it is human nature to be nervous when there is the possibility of severe consequence, which being arrested would be in most peoples eyes. This person is not showing any outward signs of concern. If SP is going to spend the effort and money on the get-up to conceal their identity from the cameras and scout the place enough to know there are no alarms, I would think they would know about the morning classes. Let's say that escapes their planning somehow, with the effort invested why would you not pick a place with better potential of pay off? I wouldn't think a church with signs plastered all over outside about Surveillance being in place wouldn't be a great choice. I just can't follow what their line of thinking would be here.

On the thought that drugs could aid in the relaxed look or the rage killing - possible. In general though you get one or the other. You are on a drug which could cause you to fly in to a murderous rage, which are often the same drugs that make people paranoid. The casual wandering and half hearted hammering at windows doesn't seem to mesh with that. If you go the other way, someone taking drugs that relax you, I find it hard to believe after they were surprised, they hit her not only once and hard enough to knock her down, but then decided to continue to hit her with a hammer on her head and chest.

All possible, but those are my thoughts that lead distinctly away from this being an interrupted B&E.

Respectfully, jumping off some in your post:

When BB facebook was still up, it showed that he had in the past had serious health issues. He had a comment where he was found (iirc) with his bp in double digits. The comments on a post he made about about going on the fishing trip, his family and some friends made posts about how all that he had been through, he was deserving of it. Then excellent care and kindness by staff as he had his procedure on Friday, made me think of situations where family members have been in and out of hospitals and how it does make you appreciate that kind of care that BB posted about.

On the FF issue, I am thinking that may have started with Breck80? post asking about a rumor that MB stopped off at a Fire Station on Sunday. JMHO. If one was to scroll through MB friends list, which is still public, one would see that she has all kinds of friends with all sorts of occupations. FF, LE, MPD 911 Dispatchers, teachers, lawyers whole yellow pages list of friends and CG Campers with same yellow pages list of occupations. JMHO

Let's finish off this BB hunting expedition. We need to go in with objective and clear and unbiased minds to sleuth most effectively. Not have someone that creeps us out and try find/skew evidence to criminalize him.

Regarding the "bucket list" comment to describe this fishing trip;Whoever posted the "Final Days of Life" definition and talked about his knowledge of her final days is using and old antiquated understanding of that word. That's a cherry picked definition at best.

Language does morph from year to year, country to country, what part of the country, and even gender to gender some times. In 2016, USA/TX it means something very different. THE Merriam-Webster has one definition: A list of things that one has not done before, but wants to before dying.
Now let's look at the current day vernacular. How are people using the word in June 2016. Google the word (which reflects the MOST popular usages of the word as of June 20, 2016) . Here's the top 8 page titles, verbatim:

1. Bucketlist>>10,000 things to do before you die.
2. Bucketlist>>Most popular Bucket list ideas.
3. Unique Bucket List: 1000+ ideas - Live the Dream - Bucket List Journey.
4. Urban Dictionary. A list of things to do before you die. Comes from the term "kicked the bucket." "I need to remember to add skydiving to my bucket list."
5. Bucket List Ideas. 101 Things to do before you die.
6. The Bucket List of Things to Do Before You Die. "This is my bucket list of 100 things I hope to accomplish in my lifetime."
7. BucketList(R) Together we can fulfill each other's dreams.
8 10000+ Bucket List Ideas for Designing Your Best Life

The vernacular use of the word has essentially ZERO to do with DEATH and EVERYTHING to do with LIFE. 10,000 ideas. There is no hint of final days, etc.

As a male in central Texas he is using the terminology the same way I would. In fact, I've used the word probably 5-10 times this year already. And I have no immediate plans of dying. While BB may or may not be innocent. The use of the phrase is, and it takes a fishing expedition to twist it. No pun intended.

What I don't understand is if SP was there to rob then why weren't the offices targeted? That is where the cash from collections would be.
I would think SP would have targeted the office doors first, then if there was no cash or a safe that he/she couldn't get into - then I can see
walking up and down halls looking in every room. SP wasn't making sure no one was there, he/she knew it...unless that 1 car in the parking
lot wasn't SP's...then, maybe the walking the halls was to make sure the church was empty...
Maybe seeing the broken glass and obvious break in LE at first thought it was a robbery but when the offices weren't torn up it then became
apparent this was more than a robbery.

Also, that Missy suffered puncture wounds also makes me wonder. I've been thinking about this....
If SP had intent to harm her why not use the head of the hammer?
The puncture wounds seem unusually harsh IMO as opposed to the bigger and more solid area of the hammer, which would make sense if
SP was surprised and reacted by swinging it.
In the video SP is carrying the hammer correctly, meaning it could be used to drive a nail, SP never (that I remember) carried it backwards -
or claw forward.

Just random thoughts that have gone through my heard for days now.
I respect opinions but I'm still inclined to think this was intentional.

Why break in a church then wander around and not take anything ? I just can't buy the B AND E theory, her murder was so up close and personal, such rage and anger to hack a woman up.. Nope not buying it.... JMO ofcourse

Yep...I'm with you. There's not one thing that's been released that leads me in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by arkansasmimi View Post
LinkedIn SW Snips:

Exhibit A Probable Cause April 27: In the course of our investigation we have had multiple references to the Decedent’s social media accounts, specifically her Linkedln account. Linkedln is a social media networking service used to make connections to others. In the course of our investigation, we have received information from interviews conducted with persons of interest and persons close to the victim that the decedent was a regular user of Linkedln. During one such interview a friend of the victim told law enforcement that less than three days before the murder, the victim showed this friend a private message from the victim’s Linkedln account. The message was from a male unknown to them both, and they both agreed that the message was creepy and strange. This friend could not recall the person’s name on the account.

From EMERGENCY DATA REQUEST: April 26: During the course of this investigation, several references have been made to the Decedent’s Linkedln account. We are preparing a full search warrant for the judge to sign. I hereby attest that there are exigent circumstances that make it necessary for me to additionally request on an emergency basis all information that was sent to the Decedent through the Linkedln service using private messages, chats or InMail between April 14, 2016 and April 16, 2016. We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in that time period
So does that mean that MB allegedly showed the friend the message on April 16?

RSBM for reference:

During one such interview a friend of the victim told law enforcement that less than three days before the murder, the victim showed this friend a private message from the victim’s Linkedln account.

Murder was Monday April 18, three days before murder would be Friday April 15. LinkedIn dates were 14th-16th. So less than three (3) days before the murder would either be Saturday 16 (last date of time frame from LinkedIn) or Sunday 17 that MB could show the friend. JMHO

Dates of April 14-16 gives possible time frame that alleged message was sent and MB showed less than three days before her murder JMHO

It has been reported that MB died from puncture wounds to the head and chest. The puncture wounds were consistent with the tools being carried by SP.

Multiple puncture wounds from a hammer/blunt instrument to the chest and likely face seem to stem from anger/rage/hate. IMO those feelings simmered and built up over time, and I don't see a random unexpected encounter resulting in a manner of death consistent with MB's injuries.

Where else do you hit someone with a hammer/pick? And do we know how may wounds? Could be 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member