TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #29

Status
Not open for further replies.
RSBM for reference:

Sounds like it was sometime Thursday to Saturday that she received the message. Interesting that that was just around the time of bad cop Slaughter's arrest (Friday, April 15). And that LE stated that "We have reasonable grounds to believe that the killer, who is still at large and poses an immediate danger to other human beings, communicated with the Decedent in this manner in that time period."

Huge coincidence, receiving that "creepy message", and that cop's arrest. jmo

Respectfully, jumping off some in your post:

When BB facebook was still up, it showed that he had in the past had serious health issues. He had a comment where he was found (iirc) with his bp in double digits. The comments on a post he made about about going on the fishing trip, his family and some friends made posts about how all that he had been through, he was deserving of it. Then excellent care and kindness by staff as he had his procedure on Friday, made me think of situations where family members have been in and out of hospitals and how it does make you appreciate that kind of care that BB posted about.

On the FF issue, I am thinking that may have started with Breck80? post asking about a rumor that MB stopped off at a Fire Station on Sunday. JMHO. If one was to scroll through MB friends list, which is still public, one would see that she has all kinds of friends with all sorts of occupations. FF, LE, MPD 911 Dispatchers, teachers, lawyers whole yellow pages list of friends and CG Campers with same yellow pages list of occupations. JMHO

But if everyone will notice. MB friends no longer include high profile divorce lawyer from DFW. Dropped right after murder. What was afoot????

Oh my! Are you seriously telling me that the actual LE experts don't use their "hinky meters" to convict someone of murder?
Say it ain't so! :shame:

Agree. I'm a Joe Kenda fan! He had great intuition.

This case IMO so reminds me of recent case in KY. A mother disappeared to be found "suicide by self" after taking money from credit union. Her ex whom had stalked and harassed her suddenly looked for her and lovie lovie it up in the media. It was sickening. I realize BB and MB were still married but all the social media and other info points to 2 very separate lives with affair(s). BB demeanor, actions, pressers etc just do not sit well with me. I realize he was out of town but it will remain my opinion that BB and or his family MAY have knowledge of perp etc. I may be wrong and if so apologize in advance. I am much more of a Profiler than evidence based guy. Thankfully we have lots of evidence people onboard. I favor the Psychology aspect. BB sets off bells. A lot of bells

Yes I think you are correct on the bells going off, RB sets them off too. What about MT that writes letters to the "Perp"? BB said he will forgive them if they turn themselves in... HE KNOWS THE PERP I am convinced. This wasn't a robbery, it was cold calculated murder. :(

Originally Posted by PoirotryInMotion
But I can't help but think if this Swatperp were that desperate for a fix, he wouldn't be sauntering around for 30 minutes in a church breaking glass and not stealing anything. In other words, while this may eventually be drug-related, I don't see Swatperp as strung out in the video.

He could've been waiting for the rain to stop and in no hurry.

The poster I was responding to had wondered if SP had been desperate for a fix--if that's why he killed her in a rage. My answer was that, if desperate, I couldn't see him wandering casually for 30 minutes without stealing anything to help resolve his predicament. I do think when an addict is desperate for his next fix he is in a hurry, and so I don't really see him hanging out waiting for the rain to stop, either.

JMO, one of many in here. :)

I agree with you. The SW, the creepy video, my perceived aloofness by BB, recent corruption by the officers in the Sheriff Dept, and the lack of transparency in the case IMO fuels the rumor mill and makes me suspicious and untrusting. And then to have a strong, independent, motivated wife/mother/woman murdered in a church just makes me feel vulnerable and upset. And the fact that I want to know more? Things that are none of my business? I'm hoping its just normal human behavior, a way to cope with the evilness in our world, to make sense of the senseless.
We are on same page mcluver23. I have LE background. But I have seen enough corruption in LE to last 2 lifetimes. There was some questionable things in that KY case and I fear some in this case. I am as pro LE and Military and God and Country as it comes. I just want answers and justice for MB.

How soon after her death was the meme/ joke about the shower and rubik's cube posted? It just struck me as strange and inappropriate.
I saw that and thought it was truly strange use of humor- posting a online JOKE just a fews days after Missy's murder. Not just strange not funny and very disrespectful; poor social behavior for a grieving widower and ODD. This is an example of incongruency of mood and affect and behavior
For example Mood and behavioral action not aligned -or what one would assume he was experiencing --->grief clearly not in line with his behavior--->posting online jokes. In psych an indicator/red flag of deeper issue; internal psych conflict; personality issues etc.. My opinion only- I found it striking

MB may have received the creepy text while in Austin then.. I don't recall when she left Midlothian to attend the CG gathering in Austin.

That would be my guess. Possibly the friend was the one who posted on Facebook about Missy's visit with her that weekend.

does anyone know the elective surgery Missy had/ I assume it was breast enlargement by what I have read. If so puncture wounds to the chest even more personal and symbolic.

Respectfully, I want to understand, but I am having a hard time reconciling what I see as 2 different parts of your post.

I understand that your opinion is that BB and his actions/demeanor make you suspicious. I happen to disagree, but that's your opinion and I appreciate hearing from people who's thoughts differ from my own. What I am having a hard time following is where you compare this case to the case of Jennifer Hicks. It was determined that she did in fact commit suicide, so regardless of her ex's past behavior or his conduct after she went missing, he was ultimately cleared of any wrongdoing. Not to speak ill of the deceased, but Jennifer stole money, Jennifer ran, and tragically, Jennifer chose to end her own life. Are you thinking that even with his "suspicious" behaviors that BB will ultimately be cleared as well?

It will never sit well with me that Jennifer Hicks died in that storage bin. I think a lock was planted on it afterwards(whether she committed suicide or not) to give time for people to look for stolen money. I know several players in this case being from there and the whole case reeks to me. 300,000 dollars gone. And never another word on where it went etc to my knowledge. But as it relates to this case in my mind. BB's demeanor and his fams directly correlate to Ms Hicks ex and his fam. MB fam and Ms Hicks fam silent. This speaks volumes to me. I appreciate your views as well as I realize I may be wrong(won't be the first time).

Respectfully Zevedza, what are you seeing to make you believe this was a burglary gone bad. I'm not saying it's not because I don't know and all options have to be left on the table for now. I personally am just not thinking this is the case because of time for one, 4:00 am doesn't seem to be a popular time to burglarize a bldg. Also the manner in which Missy appears to have been brutally murdered, it seems to me like there was a lot of anger there and rage. Also, with nothing mentioned being stolen (doesn't necessarily mean there wasn't, and the SP not appearing to be in any hurry whatsoever. These are all JMO. I definately hope they are closer to solving case. RIP Missy, and may God bless her family.

I agree, this wasn't a robbery. If it was then I would think we would have seen the whole video. They showed more to BB to see if he would bring forward more info. I don't think that they would have done that if it was a standard robbery. LE strongly thinks that BB knows more than he is saying. IMO MOO - speculation on my part

rsbm

I think this is a flawed dichotomy. Profilers and psychological investigators are nothing if not evidence based. They don't work off of hunches, but a deep, considered, and educated evaluation of evidence. Prosecution on the basis of hunches, bells, and red-flags that are not evidence-based is tantamount to a prejudicial witch-hunt.
I respectfully completely disagree.

I initially wanted to think that it was a B/E. Having had our own house burglarized, our lovely perp went for things that he could quickly sell in order to get drug money. In a church, that would translate into TVs, technology, and equipment. Most churches don't leave the "offering" money laying around, although a drughead may/may not know that (probably wouldn't). Therefore, I assume that the SP would have looked for the church office and tried to check that out; he then would have begun to take down any TVs and other technological equipment. Also, and this is a big also...SP would need a vehicle close-by to load said items. It was pouring rain, and he would need his vehicle protected from the weather in order to keep his merchandise dry.

Which leads me to these thoughts:
Was there a vehicle parked somewhere near a door for items to be loaded in the rain (we, the public, haven't seen all the video to know this)?
Was there any equipment removed from classrooms etc. but then "dropped" and laying around when MB surprised him?

More MIL comments knocking MB ..."Tucker's letter seems to address the recent alleged revelations about the Bevers's marriage, reading, "I assume you were jumping up and down when the news [broke] about her life [being] not as perfect as a lot of people thought. Well, let me tell you a little secret you may not comprehend. No, she wasn't perfect and she never claimed to be. "But, the secret is, there is something called 'agape' love. Meaning, there really is a love you have, that no matter what you have done in the past or present, you still love them! "

So, MIL's letter to MB murderer stating let me tell you a secret- MB not perfect as a lot of people thought. Red flag! And MB did "things" in past and present but is still loved. Red Flag!

Who knocks a dead woman?! Lots of bitterness here. Red flags!!!!

MB may have received the creepy text while in Austin then.. I don't recall when she left Midlothian to attend the CG gathering in Austin.

Not totally out of the question, but I personally doubt that she shared the creepy message with her husband. Why would she want to worry him, for one, particularly as she would not see him until he returned from his fishing trip? And why would she want him to know that creepy men were messaging her? "Have a great time, dear, by the way, some creep is stalking me online" NOT JMO

rsbm

I think this is a flawed dichotomy. Profilers and psychological investigators are nothing if not evidence based. They don't work off of hunches, but a deep, considered, and educated evaluation of evidence. Prosecution on the basis of hunches, bells, and red-flags that are not evidence-based is tantamount to a prejudicial witch-hunt.

Respectfully, no investigation is without prejudice - lots of it.

Police typically settle upon a theory early on as to who did it and why. They then proceed to look for evidence that supports their case. Once charges are filed, the DA takes the same approach.

A perfect example is the Jon Benet Ramsey case. Police were sure it was a family member inside the home. By the time they expanded their scope, too much valuable time had been lost.

The idea that LE "goes wherever the evidence leads us" is less than the truth. They make their hypothesis and then put everything they find into that filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member