OH - Pike County: 8 people from one family dead as police hunt for killer(s) #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
One notable thing here is that the Mexican DTO ( could be cartel or street gang) that he obtained the coke from was/is operating in Lexington. And he lives in rural Ohio a couple of counties over from Pike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also in the news today, in Meigs county, next to Galia. Another murder.
http://wvah.com/news/local/deputies-say-worker-discovers-body-in-gravel-pit-murder-suspect-arrested

May be somewhat off topic, but I think it's worth noting names and locations, just in case.

One notable thing here is that the Mexican DTO ( could be cartel or street gang) that he obtained the coke from was/is operating in Lexington. And he lives in rural Ohio a couple of counties over from Pike.

Ya, that's how it works.

"Cartel" doesn't always appear to be what many folks think it looks like.

Brown. Black. White.

It always comes down to Green.

Gallia County has been an interesting study for me since April 22.

Normally my looking into drug related crime is limited to my home state.

A Neverending Story....

Since April 22 of this year, one thing I've learned is that drug routes exist between Gallipolis and Cincinnati.

One example:

Some time ago, I came across a 651 pound weed snag in September, 2014 on Hwy 32 just outside of Cincinnati.

651 pounds. Not a typo.

I pondered if it might be Southern Ohio weed headed to market. Same Hwy 32 that intersects with Union Hill Road, so worth taking a look-see, que no?

Nope. It was headed eastbound out of Cincinnati. The driver was from Gallipolis.

http://m.wlwt.com/news/oshp-seize-6...-during-clermont-county-traffic-stop/28155302

Further checking revealed three additional arrests connected to the 651 pounds.

Last month [9-2014], an investigation conducted by task force members resulted in the indictments of four individuals from Ohio, California, and Mexico after task force agents developed intelligence that the suspects planned to transport bulk amounts of drugs from southwest Ohio to southeast Ohio.

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/...Attorney-General-Mike-DeWine-Announces-Format

Anyhoo, not to say that the Rhoden murders are necessarily C-word (or DTO) related, but just to say that Southern Ohio isn't as C-word disconnected as some might think.

Brown. Black. White.

Always Green.

Sometimes blood Red.

Watching nearby may be a Fed.

But not always seen.

Thats what I have been thinking since I read this.
It is infuriating.
Money talks.
:maddening:

Or possibly that one of the boys is from one of the more well off families in the area [emoji57]No reason that this one shouldn't go to trial. Not much different than a meth lab case...

Working in the funeral home business for so many years, it is possible for open caskets. Even with gun shot injuries. We know what we saw going in the homes. We saw the homes go into storage. We also know what we saw coming out of funeral home. There is a lot of things we didn't see in between.

I think you may be thinking in the same direction I am.

Yet another attempt to pacify the public with these articles that reveal absolutely nothing. I watched channel 12 at 4pm today and the 2 second comments were a waste of time. I don't understand their thinking when dealing with the public. It is offensive to me and I'm sure alot of other people. But then again, what can anyone do about it?

There is probably a very good reason for this. LE has collected a lot of evidence, interviewed dozens of people already. Yet, to my knowledge, LE have made no call to identify specific individuals or vehicles.

What does it tell you? It tells me either :
A) they have no clue where to search at this point
B) or they have a suspect identified but they don't have enough hard evidence to charge.

I am going with (B). What are your thoughts?

This mess gets more exacerbating every day. I'm beginning to think the butler did it. Looks like I need to do some reading to catch up this morn. It is hard to believe that so many people are so money hungry. We all would like to have money enough to never have to worry about anything financially, but you deal drugs, you have to worry about getting caught, then you go to the pen. I have a better chance of winning the lottery than I would have running drugs and not getting caught! Years ago I lived in Monahans, and it was rumoured all over town that our D.A. had been busted in San Angelo with enough drugs for felony chgs. Nobody could find out if it was true, and he remained in office. His family had money, and in Tex, money talks and people walk!

Or possibly that one of the boys is from one of the more well off families in the area [emoji57]No reason that this one shouldn't go to trial. Not much different than a meth lab case...

You are right on both counts and they've had six months. The guys might possibly be narcing for them too. Also, the people who sent it from CA would obviously be in some serious trouble too. It just makes no sense to arrest them, if they didn't have enough for a conviction in the first place, especially since it seems they aren't attempting to flee. However,on thinking about it a bit more, they may have sufficient evidence and RJ has just, as we can see, declined to file the charges, or prosecute it. I mean, If that's the case then I'd have more faith in LE and, even less faith in RJ. This is from 2010 but here's a timeline for each state's forensic testing w/ an average turnaround time for each test.

https://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0086.htm

Regarding the 8 Rhoden murder case, What do we know about the weapon? It seems like a small caliber was used. Is this usual for a drug related execution?
One more reason I don't believe in the hired hitmen scenario

I am so proud,if it makes any difference, how the posters on this case make a jumbo effort to keep L.E'S feet to
the fire and your efforts to keep looking at trends and other crimes in the Pike County area keeps. leading you right
back to R.D.'S situation..Before long, one of you,,in your professional investigative ability,, will suddenly be right
on target and by the efforts of reliable local citizens,,be able to change the entire scheme of crimes committed
routinely and part of lifestyles....I can tell you right now, we are learning that the victim family might be a little
less noble than we first learned...It is a given fact that I can not discuss my unwavering opinions as a poster,
but I enjoy reading yours..J.M.O.

Regarding the 8 Rhoden murder case, What do we know about the weapon? It seems like a small caliber was used. Is this usual for a drug related execution?

You don't believe in the hired hit man scenario because why??

I am so proud,if it makes any difference, how the posters on this case make a jumbo effort to keep L.E'S feet to
the fire and your efforts to keep looking at trends and other crimes in the Pike County area keeps. leading you right
back to R.D.'S situation..Before long, one of you,,in your professional investigative ability,, will suddenly be right
on target and by the efforts of reliable local citizens,,be able to change the entire scheme of crimes committed
routinely and part of lifestyles....I can tell you right now, we are learning that the victim family might be a little
less noble than we first learned...It is a given fact that I can not discuss my unwavering opinions as a poster,

BBM

Why not?

less noble than we first learned
...It is a given fact that I can not discuss my unwavering opinions as a poster,
BBM

Didn't we already know this within the first 24 hours?

I'm leaning toward a small caliber weapon such as a .22 being used as the primary weapon. The .22 is lethal enough at close range, especially with head shots.

It could have been a paid hit or something more personal. The only way that a multiple killer scenario makes sense to me would be a very cohesive group that looked at it as taking care of business. Without that, there would be just too much risk of one of the participants saying something or otherwise screwing up. Only time will tell on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I am still reading past threads - I wasn't aware I could sign up with just my email, I thought I had to have a FB acct. I don't do FB because I don't do "mama drama". I believe CRsr is the person who had 9 bullet wounds. He was head of household, I believe he heard something and got to investigate. He got into a fistfight with perps, and was overpowered. I 'm assuming Gary was already dead. We have no idea if perps found hidden money, or took anything else from any of the homes. I am still leaning toward this being drug related, and out of town killers. It makes sense that they didn't draw attention from LE in Ohio or Detroit running drugs, with so many different cars to drive. One week you drive a 2003 Impala, and the next week you drive a 2005 Grand Prix. And time everything to going to a car auction, or weekly grocery shopping. Probably nobody will pay any attention to you.

You don't believe in the hired hit man scenario because why??

I don't believe in it for the following reasons:

1) Rhoden were not big shots
2) Caliber seems, imo, small for a hit job
3) why kill 8, and not a 9th who would know just as much
4) The choice of location to hit is not ideal: At night, pitbulls, armed victims, neighboring families, isolated route with little escape path.

Most important, the attitude of LE is not consistent with a hit job. They would be looking for associates. The neighbours and acquaintance of Rhoden's would have described visitors and so on. There would be calls to search individuals or vehicles, witnesses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea Briann