MISTRIAL - Sidney Moorer on trial for the kidnapping of Heather Elvis #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
:tyou:

I drove the addresses that I had. Something on this map is not jiving for me. Long beards was about a fifth of a mile off a side street of a major two-lane road. From long beards.. I want a fifth of a mile.. took a left.. And I think it was 3 miles down her entrance to her apartments.

This map isn't showing that.

I'll have to revisit this later when I'm on my computer and revisit my notes and what I may have done wrong

Surfside... can you verify/assist?
This has the maps/addresses

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238747
Maps and Videos of the roads/area - No Discussion Thread

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This has the maps/addresses

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=238747
Maps and Videos of the roads/area - No Discussion Thread

That is what I used to put into my GPS but it doesn't match the map as I visualize it and what I drove... :thinking:

I'll be able to better explain it when I get on my computer tomorrow and have more time to put my thoughts down and look at the GPS in my car to see if the addresses I had were correct

I traveled from out of state to that restaurant during a vacation that I am on, last week. (see previous post) I personally liked the bar/ restaurant. It is only creepy because you have to go about a quarter-mile down down a curved road with nothing else from the major intersection in between . and it is surrounded by Woods without any street lights.

The bartender discussed with me that she was knowledgeable about the trial, and how she was pinging on her phone outside by dumpsters, but she did not mention that she was in the restaurant .. I would think if she had, that it would have been gossip with in the restaurant.

.. But I also consider that many restaurants will not gossip to Outsiders who come by from websleuths who have inquiring and nosy minds : :biggrin:

BBM -- Would the restaurant even be open at that time of the morning?

I think one thing people that don't see enough evidence of luring/kidnapping are forgetting that sm told Heather that he wanted to see her.

That is luring, even if she wanted to see him. He was counting on her wanting to see him. His saying he left his wife and wanted to see Heather was his hook.

Do you think the prosecutors might want to think about taking the direction of Heather being leured to LB's instead of PTL?

They did not have all the information when they named PTL as the crime scene.
Now they have more information and PTL looks like a secondary location. Would naming LB's as the crime scene instead of PTL help their case? They could explain that they have more information now. Couldn't they?

By the way, Madeleine74 your posts are concise, well constructed, unbiased, and basicly amazing to read.

Thank you all for so many thought provoking posts.

BBM In my opinion, I do not think they will reconsider that she was lured to Longbeards. While they didn't have that information very early on, they certainly had that info well before the trial. My opinion is they will not stray from the narrative in the first trial. I don't see how they could explain the further activity at PTL. Not to mention they do not have the truck intersecting at Longbeards. I think they will slightly tweak their narrative, but try to shore up any weak areas they think they may have had in the first trial.

No. They close at 11 pm or 12 am depending on the day, per Google

Thanks..... I didn't think they would be open at that time of the morning.

I think one thing people that don't see enough evidence of luring/kidnapping are forgetting that sm told Heather that he wanted to see her.

That is luring, even if she wanted to see him. He was counting on her wanting to see him. His saying he left his wife and wanted to see Heather was his hook.

Do you think the prosecutors might want to think about taking the direction of Heather being leured to LB's instead of PTL?

They did not have all the information when they named PTL as the crime scene. Now they have more information and PTL looks like a secondary location. Would naming LB's as the crime scene instead of PTL help their case? They could explain that they have more information now. Couldn't they?

By the way, Madeleine74 your posts are concise, well constructed, unbiased, and basicly amazing to read.

Thank you all for so many thought provoking posts.

I don't think it can possibly help the state to start claiming that, essentially, they didn't have their facts and evidence in order or their lure theory worked out.

Besides, by the time they got to the trial they just had, they indeed knew about Longbeard's.

It's my observation that people are forgetting that according to witness testimony, SM said he was leaving TM and wanted to be with Heather. This has been embellished to equal a known attempt to see her that morning, and based on a premise of "He called, she's gone", then characterized as unbiased 'fact' that he lured.

So this is the amazing part to me - the state wants us to embrace the idea that SM was on a PTL luring mission at the pay phone, despite the fact that Heather seemed to not understand how to reach him and went a location other than PTL, then had to call him on his cell for the PTL meeting to happen.

I hope the state will bring the rest of the timeline into the crime.

Nonetheless, this is still a murder case that would not withstand a trial because of the state's attempt to make the entire crime fit onto that boat landing.

I traveled from out of state to that restaurant during a vacation that I am on, last week. (see previous post) I personally liked the bar/ restaurant. It is only creepy because you have to go about a quarter-mile down down a curved road with nothing else from the major intersection in between . and it is surrounded by Woods without any street lights.

The bartender discussed with me that she was knowledgeable about the trial, and how she was pinging on her phone outside by dumpsters, but she did not mention that she was in the restaurant .. I would think if she had, that it would have been gossip with in the restaurant.

.. But I also consider that many restaurants will not gossip to Outsiders who come by from websleuths who have inquiring and nosy minds : :biggrin:

BBM -- So, the restaurant site doesn't sit right off the major highway? You had to go to an intersection and make a turn onto an isolated curved road.

I drove the addresses that I had. Something on this map is not jiving for me. Long beards was about a fifth of a mile off a side street of a major two-lane road. From long beards.. I want a fifth of a mile.. took a left.. And I think it was 3 miles down her entrance to her apartments.

This map isn't showing that.

I'll have to revisit this later when I'm on my computer and revisit my notes and what I may have done wrong

Surfside... can you verify/assist?
The map just isn't zoomed in enough to see where you drove. It sounds like you turned left out of LB's onto Carolina Forest Blvd. Then you turned left onto River Oaks. You would've driven under Hwy 31 (Carolina Bays Parkway), and eventually come to Heather's apartment on the right.

I don't think it can possibly help the state to start claiming that, essentially, they didn't have their facts and evidence in order or their lure theory worked out.

Besides, by the time they got to the trial they just had, they indeed knew about Longbeard's.

It's my observation that people are forgetting that according to witness testimony, SM said he was leaving TM and wanted to be with Heather. This has been embellished to equal a known attempt to see her that morning, and based on a premise of "He called, she's gone", then characterized as unbiased 'fact' that he lured.

So this is the amazing part to me - the state wants us to embrace the idea that SM was on a PTL luring mission at the pay phone, despite the fact that Heather seemed to not understand how to reach him and went a location other than PTL, then had to call him on his cell for the PTL meeting to happen.

I hope the state will bring the rest of the timeline into the crime.

Nonetheless, this is still a murder case that would not withstand a trial because of the state's attempt to make the entire crime fit onto that boat landing.
BBM: Agreed. There's way more to the story, and if the State knows more, it's time to lay it all on the table.

I don't know that PTL was the ultimate plan from the start. I don't know that it wasn't. I don't know that SM had intentions of harming Heather. I don't know that he didn't. I just know that she wouldn't have left her apartment to eventually meet her demise had he not called from that payphone.

SM and Heather ended up at PTL (or at least their 2 vehicles + Heather's phone did), but that may not have been the first place or a suggested meeting place in the first call.

The evidence presented shows PTL was the last place Heather's phone connected to a tower (or connected ever again), so PTL is an end point of sorts. Near PTL is also where independent security video evidence shows a black truck matching the characteristics of SM's F150 is spotted going towards and then coming back from the PTL direction; that plus GPS data places both SM's truck and Heather's vehicle + her phone in the same area at the same time. That holds significance because both being at or near PTL is not merely a coincidence.

SM inveigling Heather by telling her he left his wife and wants to be with her doesn't require PTL or meeting at PTL; PTL just happens to be where there is evidence both of them ended up around the same time of the early morning. PTL can't be ignored unless a bunch of evidence is to be ignored.

And speaking of something that can't be ignored: did SM leave his wife that night, or the next, or the next? He was home with the wife & kids on Dec 20/21 when LE showed up at his house. Was his claim about having left the wife merely a ruse to tempt Heather?

BBM -- So, the restaurant site doesn't sit right off the major highway? You had to go to an intersection and make a turn onto an isolated curved road.

That is correct. Actually I wouldn't call it a major highway I turned off of either to get to that curved desolate Road.

I'll try tomorrow to bump some photos I posted up thread. You go down the road and it curves left, and the restaurant bar is on your right. There's parking in front and to the left of the bar/ restaurant and on that side is where the trash dumpsters are.

I thought it was interesting because that is where the handicap parking is... And Sidney parked in a handicap spot when he was at Walmart. I'm sure that has nothing to do with it but I noticed because I was parking in handicap spot.

ETA..bumped them tonight

I know you're asking atthelake, but I can answer that. Carolina Bays Parkway (or Hwy 31, as we call it) is a 6 lane highway that Longbeard's sits next to. LB's is hidden by trees for the most part, so if you're not paying attention, you won't see it from 31. From 31, you have to take the Robert Grissom/International Drive exit. At the light, you take a left. On the other side, you can go a few different ways, depending on how direct of a route you prefer.

Atthelake left there and went by Heather's, so she took a different route leaving the restaurant than the directions I just gave. HTH.

Sorry, I had left before reading your note asking that yesterday. I did look specifically on the patio, and there were none there. I didn't look for them inside or on the outside other than the patio area. I talked to a guy on the patio who said he was a painter for the building, he had heard of the case, he did not know Sidney or Heather, and like the bartender he knew that the phone had pinged at the trash can area of the parking lot... yet said he kept to himself and didn't get into other folks business.

I'll have to check my earlier post for what I shared yesterday... but from the road Longbeards is on, after you go back to main road (1/5 mile?) and turn left, it is a straight shot down to Heathers apartment. (I used the address that was posted on the other thread). Nice apartments and backs up to and appears is part of a country club/golf community.

View attachment 97552

View attachment 97553

Oh, and Longbeards has inexpensive drinks lol. (Hey, while being surreptitious I had to pretend to be a bar customer :biggrin: ) $3.00 for a vodka tonic in a ball jar! Wow! Where I come from that drink would cost $7.00.

View attachment 97554

:bump:

The map just isn't zoomed in enough to see where you drove. It sounds like you turned left out of LB's onto Carolina Forest Blvd. Then you turned left onto River Oaks. You would've driven under Hwy 31 (Carolina Bays Parkway), and eventually come to Heather's apartment on the right.

Exactly, if Heather was driving there from her apartment and back.. isn't that the way she would drive? I don't see why she would have gotten on that major highway that is on the map as it is a straight shot the way I went.

ETA.. I brought over the map and the road I went down apparently is not on this map. it pretty much is a straight line from the restaurant to her house the road I was on.

Thank you for that clarification as I was so very confused

Updated map to include Longbeard's:

4ea56baf-ecb9-4d17-8c5f-a686985cdf71_zpspphwgche.png

BBM: Agreed. There's way more to the story, and if the State knows more, it's time to lay it all on the table.

I don't know that PTL was the ultimate plan from the start. I don't know that it wasn't. I don't know that SM had intentions of harming Heather. I don't know that he didn't. I just know that she wouldn't have left her apartment to eventually meet her demise had he not called from that payphone.

Thank-You Surfside. :) I totally agree. It's time for the State to lay it all out on the table.

Now for some questions that any jury member might have:

- Why would a man tell police he called his ex-mistress at 1:35am to tell her to "stop calling him," yet there is no record of her calling him in the weeks before her disappearance, and he was away with his family for 3 weeks, and his cell phone was turned off for a chunk of that time. (So by the time police are asking questions, that's 4 weeks since he and the family had left town. Where is proof of these phone calls that he needed to have stopped?)

- Who is the man protecting from news that he had (past tense) an affair, that he needs to lie to police about a missing person? The wife already knows about the affair. The police wouldn't care if he was cheating on his wife or not. So why lie about it?

- Why did a man claim his wife was with him in his truck while he stopped at a Walmart in the early hours of Dec 18 2013, yet he took his remote/keys with him and locked the vehicle upon exiting and then unlocked the vehicle upon coming back to the vehicle?

- Why did a man purchase a pregnancy test then go to a pay phone 15 min later and call his ex-mistress, a young woman who allegedly had not talked to the man in 4 weeks or more? (and if they did talk in the weeks before, how did this occur? there are no call logs and the man was physically out of the area for 3 of those weeks).

- Why did a man claim to not be in the area of PTL, yet his truck is seen on security video twice, going towards and then coming back from the PTL area?

- Why did a man claim to be home in the early hours of Dec 18, yet his neighbor's security camera happened to film his black truck coming back home around 4am that same morning?

- Why did a man selectively turn on his cell phone in the early morning hours of Dec 18, and admit to speaking to the now-missing woman at 3:17am from his cell phone, to her cell phone, yet claim he had not been in touch with her except to tell her to stop calling him?

- Why did a man turn off the location feature on his cell phone in the week before his ex-mistress goes missing?

- Why did a young woman who always had her cell phone with her (and on) suddenly turn off or otherwise disable her cell phone a couple minutes after arriving at PTL? (No one could track her movements from her cell phone except for law enforcement.)

- Why did that young woman's cell phone never again connect to a cell tower after her phone showed she had arrived at PTL?

- Why was location/GPS data covering the period of Dec 18 2013 missing from the sync module of the man's new Ford F150 truck, which is coincidentally the same time his ex-mistress goes missing?

- Why was a security system (DVR/hard drive unit) from the man's home discarded and replaced 2 days after the man's ex-mistress goes missing?

So many questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members