Found Deceased MI - James Hepworth, 38, Oceana County, 1 August 2016

Me too. I keep hoping. I'm wondering though, in all this heat, if he's been dead a month, how the dogs aren't picking up his scent? Soon the leaves will fall and begin to cover any trace. That's assuming he did commit suicide in there.

The wife has posted on the Finding James FB page that "there is a little information surfacing that he's alive but nothing concrete enough to declare it yet."

The wife has posted on the Finding James FB page that "there is a little information surfacing that he's alive but nothing concrete enough to declare it yet."

Wow that would be amazing. I get updates on FB but haven't been online at all today. Playing catch up. Praying so hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if his wife has some information that he is alive, it seems she may ...or if it is because they are not finding him in the area his truck was left?
I am sure this has taken a toll on her searching for him and taking care of 8 children.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

His wife seemed so sure from the beginning that James was no longer with us, I wonder what changed her mind? Going off what you said, LisaWL7TR, I'm thinking that at first she may have thought he'd taken his own life, but now that his body hasn't been found she has hope that he could still be alive. What are the chances that his body may have been undiscovered for this long? I know the terrain his car was found in is described as 'rugged', but does that mean it's densely forested?

Any information about his state when he left work in the middle of his shift? Had he spoken to co-workers before leaving? What was his mental state like? Why did he say he was leaving?

Thinking of his dear wife and children. I hope they get answers soon.

His wife seemed so sure from the beginning that James was no longer with us, I wonder what changed her mind? Going off what you said, LisaWL7TR, I'm thinking that at first she may have thought he'd taken his own life, but now that his body hasn't been found she has hope that he could still be alive. What are the chances that his body may have been undiscovered for this long? I know the terrain his car was found in is described as 'rugged', but does that mean it's densely forested?

Any information about his state when he left work in the middle of his shift? Had he spoken to co-workers before leaving? What was his mental state like? Why did he say he was leaving?

Thinking of his dear wife and children. I hope they get answers soon.
Good Questions, Public.

The wife is carrying the weight of bringing him home...either way. She has also been under financial strain with him missing and now seems to be going thru an emotional roller coaster.

It seems she has a support system of friends but I really feel for her.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Facebook says his parents aren't helping with the investigation. Maybe james took a break and is with his parents?

The wife changed her name on her Facebook acct and his page hasn't been updated much ( I looked yesterday haven't looked today
Edited to say it was updated last night. My bad

Hi, I am James' wife Amanda. I found this page when I was googling his name. Is there anything I could tell you that may help you help me figure out where James went? There is a possibility and considering we are not finding him in the woods, a higher probability he left the woods. There is a chance he is alive and just ran away because of some poor, unlawful choices he had made. I know he was in contact with someone via his cell phone (which has not been recovered) but cell phone records show it as N/A but it appears to be a type of texting. Im guessing it is a woman because of frequency but then it could have been a man where he was planning his disappearance. I have very little information but maybe some sleuths with experience could help me break open this case and help me find his location. I have filed for divorce against him (just recently) but the divorce would proceed a little easier if we knew where he was. Also, my children would love to know if their Dad is still alive or not plus the obvious moral and legal obligation he has for financially supporting him. I REALLY need him found. I dont know anymore what i think about whether or not he is dead or alive.. or where he would be.. but i have relatively nothing to go on anymore for direction unless some fresh eyes with some skills could look at what I have and find a direction using it. Police have been great but its not illegal to be a douche bag who leaves his wife so the urgency in finding him has long ago died out.

Amanda, I'm so sorry for your situation.. There are some amazingly skilled sleuths here and I think they'd be more then willing to help!!

welcome Amanda, and thank you for posting. There is a real sense of urgency in your post - certainly understandable on behalf of his children - but may I also assume that you think he is a douche bag who has left his wife? If that is what you think then perhaps you can share more that will allow others to make suggestions and offer new avenues for search? How was he with the pending divorce? Did he want it or no? If not, why not? Without getting too personal, can you say why you were divorcing? Is this a money issue, a court issue, a lover issue, are drugs involved? Are you implying that the police, while being helpful, have also simply told you that it is not against the law to go missing? Whether you are feeling sad or angry, here's hoping you get some answers soon, and that others will weigh in with some insight or ideas.

Hi Amanda.....we're so glad to have you here - welcome!

Please understand that we're not trying to by nosey or get into your personal business.....a few more details would help us move in the right direction to help find James. Just please share what you are comfortable with. Having you here with us is a terrific benefit and we're all glad to assist you.

I am so sorry that you are in this situation. If James left to start a new life then I find that inexcusable and just plain wrong, especially where kids are involved IMO.

Hang in there.....there are so many brilliant minds on the website so you definitely came to the right place.

Hi Amanda...welcome to WebSleuths...though I am sincerely sorry for the circumstances that brought you here.

I agree with Blondie. If James left to start a new life, his actions are inexcusable as well as cowardly. My heart breaks for you and the children.

I hope you get the help here that you need.

welcome Amanda, and thank you for posting. There is a real sense of urgency in your post - certainly understandable on behalf of his children - but may I also assume that you think he is a douche bag who has left his wife? If that is what you think then perhaps you can share more that will allow others to make suggestions and offer new avenues for search? How was he with the pending divorce? Did he want it or no? If not, why not? Without getting too personal, can you say why you were divorcing? Is this a money issue, a court issue, a lover issue, are drugs involved? Are you implying that the police, while being helpful, have also simply told you that it is not against the law to go missing? Whether you are feeling sad or angry, here's hoping you get some answers soon, and that others will weigh in with some insight or ideas.

I am know of Amanda from another missing case and have been following James disappearance. She didn't file for divorce until after he had been missing a bit.

I don't want to put words in her mouth or take over for her. I will try to fill in a little and she can correct me if I mis type.
I don't think the unlawful stuff came to light until after he went missing. I think at first she was really scared he had went out and committed suicide.

I've been wondering about his family. I read that his parents were not interested in the investigation. Is that so?
Amanda. I think about you and your children often. I hope this works out for the best.

Take care.

I agree. I found several of his immediate and also close relatives on Facebook. Not one shared a post he was missing...Very strange.

Hi Everyone,

AmandaHep is now a verified insider in James case.

Please treat AmandaHep with respect.

Remember AmandaHep does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what AmandaHep posts or not.

Thank you

Welcome Amanda, I have been reading your posts on Facebook and hoping and praying that you receive good news or any news. You are a very strong woman.

My understanding is he has an estranged relationship with his parents.
Is there any possibility that could have bothered him enough to repair? I do know you have said you don't believe he is with his parents. Could he perhaps be with another family member?
Sent from my SM-G930V

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard