The Case of JonBenet Ramsey-CBS Sept. 18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I humbly disagree with OTG and his findings. the fact that the flashlight was wiped clean, including the batteries, along with the pointed out pattern of the skull fracture are remarkable.

I humbly disagree with OTG and his findings. the fact that the flashlight was wiped clean, including the batteries, along with the pointed out pattern of the skull fracture are remarkable.

Yes, the maglite was suspiciously clean. That is one reason I am keeping an open mind about it.

The Maglite was kept in a drawer but it was suspiciously left out on the counter on that morning. Are there any other explanations for it being out?

Yes, and I find it compelling that JR/PR stated in their book DOI that the injury needed the strength of an adult to happen- which tells me the exact opposite- it was a child. IMOO

I wouldn't be surprised if they do something like this:

"I think we can all say we've reached a conclusion"

-cuts to the 10-year-old boy we saw in Part 1-

Credits roll

Yes, and I find it compelling that JR/PR stated in their book DOI that the injury needed the strength of an adult to happen- which tells me the exact opposite- it was a child. IMOO

Yes, why would anyone even say/think/write about such a thing? Unless they were covering for a particular child.

Best show ever, on this unsolved mystery. All the pieces fit. IF, BR was arrested for this crime, what would the punishment be?

And, would someone please tell me why he ever agreed to go on Dr. Phil??

IMHO

Having watched this live earlier (I don't have a TV, we caved and purchased live access so we could watch in real time), I feel this nervous thrum of energy. I hate that it's already gotten cut from six hours to four, and I have this irrational fear that Part 2 is being chipped away at as we speak, critical evidence being suppressed and incisive analysis silenced.

There were very few revelations for me, although some of the things I knew became visceral in a way they hadn't before (5 minutes to find the body, really?) but overall I think they've done a remarkable job of paring the case down to its most critical elements.

In the clips from the call, I could hear Burke's "what did you find" very clearly, the other comments I couldn't make out. Patsy was definitely saying something including what seemed like it could be the word "Jesus", and John's voice can also be heard though, but I couldn't understand a word of it.

Maybe with a nice pair of headphones it'd be easier to make out?

I thought Jon's was the clearest. Agree on Patsy. I couldn't make out what Burke was saying, although I could hear the voice.

One thing that surprised me was that even after 20 years, the Ramseys' friends and neighbors for the most part don't want to talk. Not even "it was a horrible time, we felt so bad for John and Patsy. And they never got justice." or whatever... the silence means something, MOO.

I'm glad we finally got to hear the missing parts of the 911 call, even though I'm not wholly convinced of what the parties said. It is clear to me however that there are 3 other voices on the tape.

The Maglite was kept in a drawer but it was suspiciously left out on the counter on that morning. Are there any other explanations for it being out?

I remember reading somewhere that Patsy may have used it when she went to look for luggage (I assume to pack for their trip), and she just hadn't put it back. Perhaps someone else will post if they recall reading anything about that flashlight, or if anyone knows if it's true who left it out.

We'll know whether CBS cut 2 hours out because of ratings or fear of a lawsuit when Netflix or Amazon buys the series and whether they decide to show the entire thing.

The whole 6 hours? CBS was just worried about the ratings for Part 3
Just the 4 hours? Lawsuit potential

They're probably waiting to see what streaming service offers more money.

Is there any info on what BR was like when growing up, except what the gardener said? Does anyone know what he does, now that he is an adult?

I think its more likely that CBS thought it was too much JonBenet for prime time.

I do not believe they are worried about a lawsuit. CBS can afford to defend (a win-able) lawsuit and too many people would love to see Burke Ramsey deposed.

Best show ever, on this unsolved mystery. All the pieces fit. IF, BR was arrested for this crime, what would the punishment be?

IMHO

He can never be charged with any crime as he was 4 weeks too young.

He agreed to go on Dr. Phil most likely to try to get ahead of the CBS special, showing he was a normal person who knew nothing about the crime. Fail.

IMHO

Even if he were to go on national television and take blame for JBR's death, it's not likely he would be arrested or charged since he was under the age of ten at the time. Colorado does not hold children under ten years old criminally culpable.

And yeah, the interview. It was a really bad idea. There's a lot of people (myself included) that didn't even start following this case until BR decided to do the interview. I might have even missed the CBS special if I hadn't taken the time to watch BR fidget on Dr Phil. Whatever they were all thinking... it backfired big time. I've even reconsidered watching part three because of how disgusted I am at all this. Though I am the type to see things through, I will probably watch it and it will give me even more of a reason to be horrified at JBRs death.

I think its more likely that CBS thought it was too much JonBenet for prime time.

I do not believe they are worried about a lawsuit. CBS can afford to defend (a win-able) lawsuit and too many people would love to see Burke Ramsey deposed.

That's what I think.

Tomorrow, the show will be able over the media. We even have Dr. Phil Part 3 (now 4) tomorrow. Not to mention, more people will be checking out entertainment websites than normal to see who won the Emmys. And people will read about it and they will see "Watch the conclusion tonight!" They will remember to watch or set their DVR. "Conclusion" is very good for advertising. I think CBS just didn't want to take the risk of having Part 3 air a week later.

He can never be charged with any crime as he was 4 weeks too young.

He agreed to go on Dr. Phil most likely to try to get ahead of the CBS special, showing he was a normal person who knew nothing about the crime. Fail.

Thanks for the quick reply, HarmonyE. I had forgotten he was very close (4 weeks) to turning ten years old. And yes, appearing on Dr. Phil was ill advised.

Very good point, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member