Found Deceased Australia - Karen Ristevski, 47, Melbourne, Vic, 29 June 2016 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree suzyjackson, particularly with your point the car may have been somewhere it shouldn't have. That's been my theory all along. Once the LE establish its KR's car, wherever that may be, they will have some sort of a route the car took.

Obviously LE have sightings or CCTV, or both, of the car but I'm getting the impression they are crossing their t's and dotting their i's with the final stages of the investigation.

If your building a case against BR and hes told you i drove up highway and turned around on highway but you have footage showing him driving past a country town on the way to a very large forest and he has forgotten to tell you that, the it brings him into further suspicion and if you find her body it places him very close to the scene and further proves he is lying about his movements that day. If the wanted to quickly eliminate all owners of the cars they could have made an appeal...i think this is just a reminder to BR that rhey are slowly building a case. The weekly drip feeding must be awful for the man that dumped her so callously. I'd imagine the picture of her deceased face would be haunting at night and the police a slowly circling. Its only a matter of when not if I hope.

Absolutely makes sense; unfortunately assumptions, logic and even common bloody sense don't stand up in Court. His Defence could say 'there are 132 others of that model in Victoria alone, what's your proof that it was our client??'
They can assume during the investigation but when taking it to Court, the i's have to be dotted and the t's crossed to get a conviction, especially when relying on circumstantial evidence.
Eg: 'it couldn't have been anyone else but your client as we've ruled out all other possibilities'

Thanks guys, I do understand about building a case for court in the future but unless these car sightings actually lead them to a body there isn't going to be a court care IMO.

If the police know where Karen's body is why aren't they out searching or asking the public for help. Just to play devil's advocate, BR may be lying about where he went in the car but that doesn't prove anything, he could have a secret mistress, he might be scoring drugs, he might be committing other crimes or he may have other secrets he's trying to keep . I'd really like to know more about what the police are thinking.

Another thing I'm wondering is whether BR took his phone with him on other journeys in the car, if he wasn't smart enough to turn it off on the Calder Hwy then maybe it might be possible to link his phone pings with the places where Karen's car has been spotted.

i5zywn.jpg

I know Karen was petite but getting her body into that little boot would have been challenging.
It looks like a Mercedes Benz SLK class from the picture.
Has any statement been made by police about tracking down owners of the same car?

I realise to date all fingers are pointing at BR as being responsible. But if i'm correct he still isn’t hasnt been named a suspect or person of interest.
Ok so going back to accusations made by stepson AR.........
Yep gangster related theory, anything is possible still and police know more than we do and may be holding back so much more.

Could there be a possibility that AR or someone VERY close to him (his bro or cuz) organised to have Karen gone due to accusations against her.

My reasons to still look at this theory……
The look of fear and terror on SR face and then unwilling to cooperate to police (may have been warned to zip it or something else may happen), police asking for courage to speak up (of course we don’t know if it was directed at her)
BRs face, you could also say came across as hard, stern, irritated, silenced (may have been warned to shut up or further harm to family would be done). BR isn’t willing to cooperate for fear of his daughter being harmed.
What if the heated argument was about this and that Tuesday night they were all present. what if AR had some back up with him, or, even if AR wasn’t there, he sent round some heavies on his behalf (he has a colourful friends list iykwim). They may have taken Karen away somewhere that night and did whatever to her.
The next morning BR takes her car b/c it’s the one that has the access to drive directly out of the driveway. He drives out to Diggers Rest to find his son to see if he was the one that organised this and was behind this.
It just seems too co-incidental that a phone ping was around there where his son lives.
Also that could explain why KR’s brother still visits the family weekly b/c he may know more too. Apart from saying when they worked together they had the occasional argument he had nothing bad to say about him.

I've noticed that police have not come out and said that Borce is a POI. Not that they do that. They get the word out in other ways imo. Like, for example, telling reporters that no-one new has been interviewed.

But this one caption does call Borce a POI.
I would presume from that statement, that the person who told them Borce was no longer cooperating is probably the same person that suggested he 'remains a POI'. A leak or the police press person.

July 27, 2016: The husband of missing mum Karen Ristevski is reportedly no longer cooperating with police and remains a person of interest in the investigation.
http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ce-of-karen-ristevski-stops-talking-to-police

i5zywn.jpg

I know Karen was petite but getting her body into that little boot would have been challenging.
Has any statement been made by police about tracking down owners of the same car?

Have to agree there, plus there would be an enormous amount of DNA impossible to wipe clean putting a body into the boot or for that matter into the back seats.

Maybe they drove to a destination to have a chat without no one to disturb them, fatal fight occurred , then disposed of body.

I woke up this morning thinking large cliffs with crashing waves to wash body away, bells beach, Phillip island?

I'm still thinking that the 2hr drive to rectify the petrol gauge is a smokescreen and possibly to get rid of some leftover evidence, KR's phone may have been accidentally left in the car the night before in all the excitement, maybe got thrown around inside the car during the argument, discovered later and was disposed of on that drive. I'm tipping shoes, phone, bag, some of their clothes were dumped on that drive somewhere. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

Have to agree there, plus there would be an enormous amount of DNA impossible to wipe clean putting a body into the boot or for that matter into the back seats.

Maybe they drove to a destination to have a chat without no one to disturb them, fatal fight occurred , then disposed of body.

I woke up this morning thinking large cliffs with crashing waves to wash body away, bells beach, Phillip island?

I'm still thinking that the 2hr drive to rectify the petrol gauge is a smokescreen and possibly to get rid of some leftover evidence, KR's phone may have been accidentally left in the car the night before in all the excitement, maybe got thrown around inside the car during the argument, discovered later and was disposed of on that drive. I'm tipping shoes, phone, bag, some of their clothes were dumped on that drive somewhere. Like finding a needle in a haystack.

To me that would make sense as 2 hours may not be enough to dispose of a body.

Police did search properties in the North East of Vic aswell? from recollection so that would also add weight to your argument that it was just a run to dispose of phone etc. Police obviously suspect (At least at one stage) that if something happened it was before the morning when BR claimed he last say her.

Police did search properties in the North East of Vic aswell? from recollection so that would also add weight to your argument that it was just a run to dispose of phone etc. Police obviously suspect (At least at one stage) that if something happened it was before the morning when BR claimed he last say her.

The Barmah forest was searched earlier on but I have not read anything about properties in North East Vic. Do you have a link?
I agree that two hours is a small window of time to conceal a crime, especially if there is some traveling involved.

i5zywn.jpg

I wonder how well Karen and Borce knew their neighbours. This car is quite distinctive and I would think it would be memorable to neighbours if they had seen it and/or heard it drive past that day. It might have been even more memorable if it was being driven at irregular times to Karen's usual routine or if BR wasn't often known to drive it.
If Karen's body was in the boot there would be a huge amount of DNA evidence everywhere. Maybe her body was wrapped in something?

i5zywn.jpg

I wonder how well Karen and Borce knew their neighbours. This car is quite distinctive and I would think it would be memorable to neighbours if they had seen it and/or heard it drive past that day. It might have been even more memorable if it was being driven at irregular times to Karen's usual routine or if BR wasn't often known to drive it.
If Karen's body was in the boot there would be a huge amount of DNA evidence everywhere. Maybe her body was wrapped in something?

I think at 10am the street would be pretty deserted ... people at work, mums with school kids already back home. CCTV however always watching ...

I think at 10am the street would be pretty deserted ... people at work, mums with school kids already back home. CCTV however always watching ...
True. This neighbours cctv footage of KRs car, we haven"t been told what time it was filmed, have we, just that it was the 29th? It may not have been at 10 am 🤔

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

BBM,
Did I miss that? Is her phone missing?

BBM,
Did I miss that? Is her phone missing?

They've said from the start her phone is turned off, but we know it pinged once near Gisborne South, presumably during the drive but he hasn't accounted for how that happened.

It's gone pretty quiet since Borce employed Katarina Ljubicic. She is also representing the animal who hospitalised his small children and murdered and dumped his wife in the carpark in Dallas.

After watching Conviction tonight (finding Jill Meagher and capturing her killer) I really wonder how much metadata they have in this case. They had an absolute ton of it in Jill's case. They pretty much were able to trace Jill's movements and Bayley's movements quite clearly. And on CCTV, they also had a lot of that.

There may be less metadata and CCTV in this case, but I bet there is a whole lot more than we imagine.

No wonder it is so quiet in MSM about this case. I hadn't noticed this request by police before.

Police have not publicly defended Mr Ristevski but yesterday appealed for media restraint in reporting the disappearance, despite having fuelled key aspects of the coverage. “Victoria Police request … they be permitted to continue the investigation without further speculation to the specific avenues of inquiry,’’ a statement said. “Further speculation may be detrimental to the investigation and eventual court outcomes and we are seeking some reasonable restraint in publication at this time.’’

Karen Ristevski’s brother stands by her husband Borce
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...e/news-story/700c6ba8e2e609893ad1cbc6de2f3c24
September 10, 2016

interesting - give someone enough rope.....

They've said from the start her phone is turned off, but we know it pinged once near Gisborne South, presumably during the drive but he hasn't accounted for how that happened.

It's gone pretty quiet since Borce employed Katarina Ljubicic. She is also representing the animal who hospitalised his small children and murdered and dumped his wife in the carpark in Dallas.

So basically it makes out phone is missing/off, yet they have said it pinged on a journey BR made. But they still haven't got the phone hmmmmm

i5zywn.jpg

The boot looks little , but if it's a kompressor / slk they aren't as small as they look . Kinda tardis like in fact , bigger on the inside than the outside. Mercedes boots are very spacious regardless of car size . Bigger than average . My mums kompressor had loads of space for shopping... my sons 1978 one could fit 3 adults in it , my old 90s one was smaller but would have fit an adult male with ease.
I feel super creepy saying this ... sorry , but I thought it shouldn't be discounted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The boot looks little , but if it's a kompressor / slk they aren't as small as they look . Kinda tardis like in fact , bigger on the inside than the outside. Mercedes boots are very spacious regardless of car size . Bigger than average . My mums kompressor had loads of space for shopping... my sons 1978 one could fit 3 adults in it , my old 90s one was smaller but would have fit an adult male with ease.
I feel super creepy saying this ... sorry , but I thought it shouldn't be discounted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, and I think it is likely that the police will have physically tested the capacity of a boot in the exact same model of car.

Karen has been missing for 3 months today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard