Found Alive CA - Sherri Papini, 34, Redding, 2 November 2016 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the silence from both LE and families speaks volumes. I think they're on to something.
Sure hope you're right. It could also mean they've arrived at a dead end and don't know what else to do.

I think getting a proper perception from pinterest would be really hard to do. I build pinterest pages for people and a lot of its about marketing. Even my own pages are filled with things that are nowhere near me or what my life looks like. I myself checked Sherri's pinterest because someone had linked it earlier, but nothing on it seems like anything to me as I have know her for 23 years. As for the Supermom label, I think it was one thing, said of her that kept snowballing into a huge thing because of the media attention. If she did voluntarily disappear, which I am in no way saying that I think she did or didn't. . How hard and awful she must feel to be labeled Super Mom by 20+ news sites and how much more would that make her feel like she couldn't come home. It was something said about her and doesn't make her any better or more perfect than any other Mom. I hope my words don't come across as offensive, I am not trying to make you feel bad at all. I get your heart and I too experience the same feelings and cravings as you do. All I am saying is that it is the media who is making her life look perfect, because they need to run a story people will listen to. We all know that life can never be perfect and if it were it would probably be awful just like stepford wives. I'm saying this also from experience because when my 10 year marriage failed, it was almost inconceivable to some as to how or why... Some of us scream our issues from the rooftop, some hold them in and cover them up, some sweep them under rugs and then there are some, who don't even know they have any until it goes bad.. All of us though, in relationships of any kind have tough times and it is true no matter who we are.

Well said.

CBS8 was supposed to run a story on the PI the family hired tonight, anyone find it?

I hope she ran but i don't believe it. In the week prior she posted a pin of Halloween shoes she wants to make for her future kid, who will be a Superhero nerd like her. So she wanted more babies, at the least. Or maybe, speculation here, she already was

.I have read every posts and this is the first time I see the possibility of her being pregnant - and we all have heard that pregnancy is a very dangerous time! It says the post on pinterest is very recent

Of course they would need the body to confirm...

Any thoughts?

Great observation. I saw that comment, but failed to notice it was posted only two weeks ago.

"I will have to make these for my future kid! And yes, my future kid will be a nerd who loves Super Heros, like me! :)" (Source.)

I couldn't help but notice she was selling large quantities of maternity clothes. I took that to mean no more kids were planned.

So this is very interesting. Pregnancy would be a huge risk factor.

It seems like something that Keith would mention. If he knew, that is.

Great observation. I saw that comment, but failed to notice it was posted only two weeks ago.

I couldn't help but notice she was selling large quantities of maternity clothes. I took that to mean no more kids were planned.

Maybe she knew she wanted more in the future, but was not planning anytime soon.

Also, with pinterest it's possible that's not her quote, but someone that pinned it before her. Imo it does seem more like a quote someone would make before they had kids, not someone that already has 2. Why wouldn't one of them love superheroes like her?

[...] As for the Supermom label, I think it was one thing, said of her that kept snowballing into a huge thing because of the media attention. [...]

That's an excellent point on the 'supermom' label. That was something said by the sisters and the media just ran with it. They love that sort of thing.

But it doesn't mean that everybody always called her a supermom. It was just one person, and another agreeing. It could well be the only time anybody ever actually called her a supermom.

So maybe too much is being made of this supermom label. Very good point.

If we take that away, everything becomes much more normal.

He had a minimum wage job? How do you know that? Their neighborhood they lived in seems pretty nice, kids nicely dressed, both nicely dressed and expensively groomed (they look perfectly coiffed and manicured, which is not cheap), and money to take professional family photos outside. Where is it coming from that the guy is a minimum wage worker?

Geek Squad wages are not that good..it was linked to in the post. And I didn't say it was minimum wage, I said essentially minimum wage. I had a friend who worked at the Redding Best Buy Geek Squad, so I know what I'm talking about.

Still not enough to support a family, they could've been heavily in debt "keeping up with the Jones" **which may have contributed to her mental state. Jobs are not easy to come by in Redding. It is a very economically depressed region of the country - some people won't understand this unless they live there.

There is a pin from 1 month ago on her "Nutrition" board.
Bland diet - gut health- bone broth... I am not sure how to link it without my pinterest attaching to it.
Is it possible that she had Celiac?
I do and I couldn't gain weight until after I was diagnosed at 38!
Seems like she had a lot of migraine pins as well.
Could be a side effect of gluten allergy or stress or stopping caffeine.
Something was going on, I am not certain that it was a pregnancy or that it had anything at all to do with her disappearance, but I thought I would mention it.

ETA: it was 1 month ago not 2 weeks. I corrected my post.

GUYS, WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS. SORRY TO SPEAK IN ALL CAPITALS BUT WHEN YOU ARE "PINNING" SOMETHING ON PINTEREST THE WORDS ARE SAVED FROM THE PERSON WHO FIRST POSTED THE PICTURE. E.G. TRY YOURSELF TO "PIN" THE BABY BOOTS THAT SHERRI DID...THE SAME WORDS WILL COME UP "I will have to make these for my future kid! And yes, my future kid will be a nerd who loves Super Heros, like me!" SHERRI DIDN'T WRITE THAT STATEMENT, IT WAS CONNECTED TO THE PERSON WHO UPLOADED THE PHOTO! I'm assuming she probably pinned them for her 2-year-old daughter.

Yes, I noticed the same thing; she was selling lots of maternity clothes on her clothing websites...don't think she was planning any more children.

Saying "my" when it should be "our" can also be an idiosyncrasy. My husband has done this for the entire 50 years we've been married. I call him out on it almost every time because it irritates me (hoping he'll stop...Ha!), but he doesn't even realize he's said it, nor does he mean it. We've always shared everything. I hear many women refer to "my children" in their husband's presence when it should really be "our" children IMO. Or husbands referring to "my car" when it's the family car. Maybe there's some deep sinister psychological stuff going on, but I think it's usually just an unfortunate speech pattern...unless there are controlling actions to indicate otherwise.
JMO

If his mother owns the house, it may be KP's childhood home and so it's hard to break the habit of using my home.

There is a pin from 2 weeks ago.
Bland diet - gut health- bone broth... I am not sure how to link it without my pinterest attaching to it.
Something was going on, I am not certain that it was a pregnancy or that it had anything at all to do with her disappearance, but I thought I would mention it.
Those stood out to me as well, and the EO for healing bruises, healing herbs etc. I have an autoimmune disease and a lot of her pins are things I do for similar issues.

Of course she could have been pinning for a friend or family member as well. She's thin, but she looks very healthy - good skin tone, well rested, etc.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

There is a pin from 2 weeks ago.

Good catch.

IF she had an eating disorder (and I am not saying she did) claiming she had a gluten allergy might have been a way to cover it up. People with eating disorders sometimes use allergies or other health reasons (sometimes referred to as orthorexia) to keep people from interfering with their disordered habits.

Also IMO discussing an eating disorder is no different from discussing any illness - depression, anxiety, migraines, celiac disease, etc.

I'm sorry about what you've gone through! I know people often suffer for years before anyone figures out what's going on.

Note: this is a reply to AceDetective's post about a "checkbook" not being a valid source of info. I cannot find the post and it didn't get quoted in my reply.

Totally agree. It's been a while since I've been on Websleuths and I'm surprising at the abundance of "enticing" details haphazardly thrown into the mix on this thread and not backed up by original sources. Example: Pinterest quote by someone named N**** G*** -- but now apparently being attributed to the victim. A checkbook being scrutinized but no source saying SP had a checkbook while jogging. Or these theories that appear to have no factual or logical basis (suicide with a ruse? suspicious daycare choices?). Would love to see more actual "sleuthing" here -- because the WS community has actually SOLVED cases in the past by focusing on responsibly-acquired and valid info/evidence.

It appears that Sherri's good looks, trim and fit appearance, beautiful family, posed, professional photos with her husband and kids, her pinterest, which I haven't seen but which I'm getting the sense has a lot of Martha Stewart type Stepfordish things on it, are very triggering for people.

Sherri is about as opposite from me as it can get. (Except I jog and am not overweight). I'm a tomboy. I wear the same black t's and jeans, or cords or cargo pants and Chuck Taylors every day. I don;t get manicures or dye the grey that's starting to come in. I don;t wear foundation. I don't take professionally posed photos outside business. I;m often forgetful, usually have my fly down at home and at work, have a messy house and office, am almost never on time except to court, I can be annoyed with my family and yell at times, I;m dark haired, dark eyed and olive, and I do a lot of things that cause my fingernails to be dirty a lot.
I don;t care about perception or status or money.

So? Nothing about Sherri indicates to me that she's insane or suicidal or at her wits end, even though she's much more perfect than I could ever hope to be. Some people are like that. Probably few sleuthers though as they spend too much time sleuthing to be perfect.

If she does have issues, we will find out. But for now, just having herself very together doesn;t mean she's got problems.

Yeah, it shouldn't be that hard to narrow down the list and knock on a few doors. And it wouldn't have to interfere with search efforts.

(Heart you Dex. Happy Sunday!)

Right. In fact, that IS part of the search effort. Which they would not be doing if they felt this was not an abduction.

It's frustrating. But whatever they found, it wasn't enough to convince them of an abduction, so Websleuthers are left with a lot of questions and speculation. We don't necessarily "solve" cases, but most of the time a lot of us know exactly what happened, and often who is responsible....we usually just have to wait and see if it comes together in the end. Oftentimes, it does. This one has me stumped ... but I will say I have a hunch.

It may be too early on. So many times it takes months or years to figure out a crime. Not all are quickly solvable. Many are not. And usually we have no idea what LE has or knows. So far it looks to me like they have been open in their investigation and have looked at EVERY angle - voluntary missing, family homicide, abduction, suicide, whatever it may be.

I'm 5'8 and 115 lbs. BMI 17.5. I am not anorexic. I am not depressed, stressed, or overwhelmed. I do not restrict my food intake. I eat what I want when I want. I've had many people "wonder" (ie accuse) me of having issues with food. Including doctors. People close to me shake their heads in amazement as I eat them under the table. Being fit and not "fat" is fair game these days for eating disorder diagnoses. Nowadays those of us of reasonable weight are labeled as "sick" while the overwhelming majority of Americans are actually grossly overweight. Sherri has a BMI that is normal. She also looks healthy, radiant, and in shape. To suggest her body type is somehow dysfunctional or indicative of mental disorder is really offensive to us who are physically fit and not the norm of the average overweight American citizen these days. Normal BMI does not mean anorexic or stressed out or overwhelmed. It just means we are not obese like most Americans.

Thank you. She looks super healthy to me. Bright eyes, great skin tone, good weight.

That's interesting. I didn't know that this happens.

My law partner's dad did it. he was divorced and wanted to protect his son.

Maybe read up on it a little...

Suicide often not preceded by warnings

Why? Impulsive Suicide

Why Some People Commit Suicide Without Warning

Disclaimer: I'm not saying it was suicide, just a possibility.

Is anyone saying it;s not a possibility? We are all aware of what can happen and has happened. But for me there is zero evidence to make that such a certain possibility. It's also quite a hurtful thing for her loved ones, to know people are accusing her of doing that to her kids and family with zero evidence, just hunches based on not liking her pinterest or that she used daycare sometimes. IMO.

I think the silence from both LE and families speaks volumes. I think they're on to something.

Oh I hope you're right!!!!!

Thanks for clarifying this. Sometimes I don't get the details correct! I think in an earlier interview he used the word home rather than house.
He also said that here. 'I want to be home when she comes home'

I always change the captions on my pins ... 100% of the time. It's not a Pinterest weakness, anyone can change them with the edit tool. I have over 18K pins. ;)
It is most certainly a Pinterest weakness. Of course you *can* change it, but you have to do so manually. It should be the *default* that it wipes the comment. Nearly every person I follow on Pinterest does the same as me and leaves the original comment on there. It's messy and there is no easy way to tell at a glance where the caption should be attributed to.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

GUYS, WE'VE BEEN THROUGH THIS. SORRY TO SPEAK IN ALL CAPITALS BUT WHEN YOU ARE "PINNING" SOMETHING ON PINTEREST THE WORDS ARE SAVED FROM THE PERSON WHO FIRST POSTED THE PICTURE. E.G. TRY YOURSELF TO "PIN" THE BABY BOOTS THAT SHERRI DID...THE SAME WORDS WILL COME UP "I will have to make these for my future kid! And yes, my future kid will be a nerd who loves Super Heros, like me!" SHERRI DIDN'T WRITE THAT STATEMENT, IT WAS CONNECTED TO THE PERSON WHO UPLOADED THE PHOTO! I'm assuming she probably pinned them for her 2-year-old daughter.

Yes, I noticed the same thing; she was selling lots of maternity clothes on her clothing websites...don't think she was planning any more children.

:) :) :)

Well, people argued about it. And it sure looked like she wrote it.

Anyway, I tested it out to find out for sure, and you're right. It copies the comment over and makes it look like you wrote it. What a dumb system. There should be some sort of indication.

So, okay, we're back to selling her maternity clothes probably means no more children were planned.

Here's my test:

attachment.php

Attachments

• sherri_phone8.jpg
    sherri_phone8.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 378
:) :) :)

Well, people argued about it. And it sure looked like she wrote it.

Anyway, I tested it out to find out for sure, and you're right. It copies the comment over and makes it look like you wrote it. What a dumb system. There should be some sort of indication.

So, okay, we're back to selling her maternity clothes probably means no more children were planned.

Here's my test:

attachment.php
It probably was from her though. She was training for the 'superrun' after all.

Geek Squad wages are not that good..it was linked to in the post. And I didn't say it was minimum wage, I said essentially minimum wage. I had a friend who worked at the Redding Best Buy Geek Squad, so I know what I'm talking about.

Still not enough to support a family, they could've been heavily in debt "keeping up with the Jones" **which may have contributed to her mental state. Jobs are not easy to come by in Redding. It is a very economically depressed region of the country - some people won't understand this unless they live there.

So the photo attached shows three different salaries for this job description. The lowest two are hourly at $18 an hour, and $19-21 per hour and the last is salaried at $53,000 per year. Big disparity but none are close to being essentially minimum wage.

The lowest is almost double minimum wage at $37,440.00 per year. The middle one is $41,600.00 per year, which is exactly twice as much as minimum wage and the last, at $53,000.00, is 60% higher than minimum wage.

The cost of living is slightly higher in Redding than the national average, which means it is pretty good! The average rents are $1,200.00 per month there and the median home value there is $239,500.00. Man, compared to my county, where the median home values are $661,500.00 and the average rents are $2,300.00, I think they can survive in Redding on 40k per year. That's even doubly so if they had savings from her former employment or are living in a relative's home, possibly paying even less than average there.

And based on his age and their standard of living, I;m betting he was salaried.

There are just zero signs that this family is struggling economically right now. Nothing. It's just speculation. Sure, it might be true. So many things could. I'm guessing that LE knows almost the whole picture as to their finances, her health, stressors, their marriage, family problems, etc. by this point. But again, I don't see suspicion based on hunch to be grounds for such certainty:
attachment.php

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 374
Her pinterest is Her pinterest. I know everyone is looking for something there because they don't have anything else to go on, but let me note again that I don't know how much you can gather from it.. It's not a facebook page, its not a twitter, you can not know her from it... Yes, In these places you can post anything you want, I know, but pinterest is not a social media page, it's a bunch of pictures of things you find interesting.. Whether it can tell you who a person is or not is a different story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa