IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
He SOUNDS cold and calculating, and in my opinion, he LOOKS that way as well. Just my feelings.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

I think he was cold and calculating. I think his body language was calculated, he intentionally tried to look like a non-threatening guy who was just walking. Nobody for the girls to pay any attention to. He probably just walked behind them for a while and seemed to not care that they were there. He would walk near them for a while to make sure they were all actually alone and probably to wait until they were near the end of the bridge so they were easier to control and, again, he could be sure they were alone out there.

His voice was cold, calculating and calm. He obviously has good self control. He didn't ambush the girls. He seemed to assess the situation and spent time observing them before making his move. When he made his move, he didn't lose his head. He controlled the situation, he didn't yell, which would have alerted anyone in the area. He calmly but firmly ordered them down the hill. He waited until he was in a secure location, which he had probably scoped out, to finally do as he pleased.

I am wondering about how he got two smart and athletic girls to do as he said though. We know Liberty recorded him so I have to wonder if he harmed Abby and then used her as bait to get Liberty under his control. It's an awful thought but I don't see Liberty following his orders for any other reason.

Does everything automatically go to the cloud with an iPhone?

My guess,Yes there a hugh warehouse in utah that unloads truck loads of data all the time. I don't lots of trust in technology today, even that new device alexa/echo records everything said in your home. Careful what you say if you have one. :)

How old do you think this guy is?
Like what age does a guy not understand a phone? With a camera?

We don't know where the phone is, who has it, if someone took it, if the girls threw it away

IMO he never saw the phone. She turned on the video to record as he approached and then hid it (while it kept recording) either at her side or in a pocket. If at some point he saw the phone, and confiscated it, IMO he never dreamed she was recording.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

After watching the drone video, I agree the bridge is way bigger, and taller than I imagined! I have to say, that he was walking with his hands in his pockets, thatmakes me think he was very comfortable with crossing this bridge. I MIGHT, a big MIGHT, attempt to walk it but you can bet if I did, I would have my hands OUT so that if I fell, I could catch myself! It's narrow, and rickety and I'm shocked he was just strolling along with his hands in his pockets like he was on a sidewalk taking a nice stroll.

I live rural, I've been hiking through many woods. What I see below the bridge, wood-wise, it what I would see in my state. Even with brush and timber, you can move pretty quickly through there. And I agree that a turn or a bend can easily hide you from others seeing you.

I thought the Missy Bevers thread moved fast but geez, this one is at the speed of lightening. I can barely keep up :/ I am though!

Totally agree. I'm afraid of heights so I'd have to be crawling across that bridge, and probably still wouldn't make it. I really think this person was VERY familiar with those trails.

Re: Geocaching....when you geocache, you normally replace a trinket for one you take once you find the cache. In a locale such as this, it seems entirely likely that the cache would be hidden in between slats on the bridge. Perhaps that is what LE was looking or when they were spotted looking underneath the slats. And maybe even why they went back yesterday. Do they have info. that the girls were geocaching? Seems very likely to me that they might have been.

Exactly
It was done
You can't unring that bell
Maybe he even deleted it from the phone. I delete my vids within about 20 minutes and they're already in my cloud!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think he was cold and calculating. I think his body language was calculated, he intentionally tried to look like a non-threatening guy who was just walking. Nobody for the girls to pay any attention to. He probably just walked behind them for a while and seemed to not care that they were there. He would walk near them for a while to make sure they were all actually alone and probably to wait until they were near the end of the bridge so they were easier to control and, again, he could be sure they were alone out there.

His voice was cold, calculating and calm. He obviously has good self control. He didn't ambush the girls. He seemed to assess the situation and spent time observing them before making his move. When he made his move, he didn't lose his head. He controlled the situation, he didn't yell, which would have alerted anyone in the area. He calmly but firmly ordered them down the hill. He waited until he was in a secure location, which he had probably scoped out, to finally do as he pleased.

I am wondering about how he got two smart and athletic girls to do as he said though. We know Liberty recorded him so I have to wonder if he harmed Abby and then used her as bait to get Liberty under his control. It's an awful thought but I don't see Liberty following his orders for any other reason.
JMO but but you really can't say if shed have taken orders or not. Its nothing to do with intelligence or athleticism, but instincts, and survival.

New to WS and this is my first post. Just watched the video! What an awesome perspective of the area and the bridge! Question: Is the end of the bridge that the people are standing on (I'm guessing operating the drone) the same side that LE believes the perp took the girls down? If so just WOW! From my perspective it looks impossible to pass down and through even at the waters edge. It appears to me to be all vertical terrain.

Welcome to the forum. Everybody is glad you joined!

Couple things...

LE at the PC the other day said that the audio and the Suspect video (from which the stills were taken) came from Libby's phone. LE also said that there is more audio and video. LE did NOT say that other audio and video came from Libby's phone. LE did say that Libby had the presence of mind to start recording.

LE did NOT say that they had Libby's or any other phone in their possession.

As for what killers do with cell phones I don't think that this is in the manual. A couple of years ago Randall Crosley and Jordan Buskirk decided to abduct, rape and kill a female. They decided on Katelyn Wolfe. After they did it, they decided to take her phone and start texting and such as if they were her to try to cover their tracks. This obviously didn't work out for them as they were caught after a couple days. So that is what happened to them for taking her phone.

A year and a half ago Daniel Messel assaulted and killed Hannah Wilson and her body was left in a field nestled in a wooded area. HIS phone was found under her body. Can you imagine what must have been going through his sick mind when he couldn't find his phone? He was apprehended within 24 hours of the crime.

This Delphi case defies a simple explanation or theory as to what happened because basically no information has bee officially released and only rumors abound. Im sure we've all heard them... or most of them.

To me, this was a pre-planned meeting on the part of one or more of the participants that just went off the rails and did so fast. So little time, no noise, the guy is in and out of the area. <modsnip>, and that more than one perp was involved. But that is just based on my own "feeling" or "read" on the thing, and others have different takes.

I also think and I could be wrong that IF this is ever solved, the story as to what happened will be surprising as to the persons involved and their motivations. But again, that is because my take is not that this was a perp in waiting to snag and kill two random girls. I understand that I could be and probably am totally wrong.

The suspect needs to be found for this thing to crack open. But they received over 4000 tips by now? How long to those take to get through? 5 tips a day investigated you think? I believe a good tip or more than one has been called in..... now it's just a waiting game until investigators get to it.

My guess,Yes there a hugh warehouse in utah that unloads truck loads of data all the time. I don't lots of trust in technology today, even that new device alexa/echo records everything said in your home. Careful what you say if you have one. :)
I agree 100%, but I'm a paranoid tinfoil hat wearer &#128517;

Hi guys, first time poster but I've read almost all the previous threads and wanted to chime in.

A previous poster mentioned "geocaching" which could be a great theory, and it turns out there IS a geocache located at this area. Something else weird regarding the geocache is that a someone who found the cache back at the end of November mentions running into 3 random men at the bridge:

This just sounded weird to me.

Also, it seems like it would've taken a decent amount of time to hike to the dump site, even if you crossed the creek where it was shallow. With them expecting to be picked up around 3-3:30, that leaves little time that there weren't other people in the area looking for them. I saw that this area is also a popular spot for canoeing / kayaking, although the guy in the pic doesn't look like the typical kayak-er, he had to have some way to get out of the area that most likely didn't involve going back the same way they came (from the bridge). I saw on Google Earth a small stream that seems to run from across where the bodies were found all the way to eventually hitting N 550W. I wonder if anyone walked that creek to check for stuff. I just don't see any other escape route, unless the guy had a kayak/ canoe? Maybe he said his kayak was stuck and he needed help?
attachment.php

Also in my link above regarding the canoeing / kayaking, the guy states that in that area he saw:

These are just a few things I found interesting!

And welcome aboard to you too!!!

My android does. Sorry, I know you are asking iPhone users, but I think they all do unless you set it otherwise.

I have a galaxy s7 for me it is a setting which I actually have turne off. I don't know what type of phone libby had tho

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

What didn't occur to me until just now: could be he WAS aware. Discarded phone anyway. And what COULD he have done about the cloud upload anyway right? I mean you cannot destroy what you cannot touch. So he's been laying really low.

Or, he's not up on technology and it's a marker people can use if they already suspect someone perhaps? Moo.

Right! Even if Libby TOLD BG she had uploaded video/pics, he. couldn't have done anything about it anyway. MOO

Very well said.

Totally agree. I'm afraid of heights so I'd have to be crawling across that bridge, and probably still wouldn't make it. I really think this person was VERY familiar with those trails.

Re: Geocaching....when you geocache, you normally replace a trinket for one you take once you find the cache. In a locale such as this, it seems entirely likely that the cache would be hidden in between slats on the bridge. Perhaps that is what LE was looking or when they were spotted looking underneath the slats. And maybe even why they went back yesterday. Do they have info. that the girls were geocaching? Seems very likely to me that they might have been.

Quoting my own post, sorry, lame. But I just thought of something else. I assume some of the geocaching apps/sites have active message boards. If they WERE into geocaching, it would be a good way to lure unsuspected young victims.

For instance:

Perp: If you're looking for a great cache in the Delphi area, there's a REALLY cool one on the bridge! (Or even, I just put a really great prize in the box...last one there's a rotten egg!)
Girls: Oh cool! My friend and I are going to go check it out on Monday because we have no school!

Oh my goodness. I just had a thought. This is SPECULATION.

Perhaps the photos of the girls are so big because the perp filmed the assault. Maybe LE is hoping someone has seen the girls' photos online and can call in a tip to whomever posted them.

AGAIN, THIS IS SPECULATION, based on nothing but brainstorming.

Might explain why so many agencies are involved as well.

jmopinion

I think another reason their pictures could be bigger is to really hit home with the audiences, see the victims' faces. Also, that Abby and Libby are "bigger" than him in the spiritual sense of the word or however you want to phrase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa