IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #57

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Speaking of evidence, o/t, but you know what freaks me out, mistakes made in the lab...I've seen it a gazillion times on Forensic Files...not that that will happen here, let's hope!))

There were so many searchers 2/13 and 2/14 it seems like a defendant could claim the evidence is contaminated...let's hope the investigators are getting the case locked up tight! Hopefully the evidence they have was found on the girls and their clothing.

Am I right that the ones used to detect heat in walls, ect., which I'd kinda expect a Fire Dept. might have, aren't very capable of seeing long distances and are used for detecting heat close up?
The state grant the department received was for $1000 for a thermal imaging camera. The camera would likely see heat sources from a decent distance. It all depends on how large the target source is. Many of them can detect a 1 centimeter (about 4/10ths of an inch) heat source at a distance of 120cm (about 7 and 1/3rd feet). The girls were around 160 centimeters tall and at least 60 centimeters wide. That size of source heat can be detected from a good distance away.

For a fire department they would normally use those to "see" very small hot spots (that if left alone could become a big raging fire in time) so they do have to bring them close to make sure a fire is out or if there is even a fire just getting started.

Around where I live, when police are searching for suspects in wooded areas, they have called upon the fire departments with such devices if their own police department did not have one.

The FLIR website has information about these kinds of thermal imaging cameras, how they work, how many sensors, how to calculate ranges and so on.

It is not the same as a spot pyrometer which has a much more limited range.

I wish I was tech smart I see a man in camouflage. Darn I wish I news how to copy and paste

If you don't mind my asking- where is it that you see the image/reflection?
I see Abby just right of center, closer to the bottom. Are you seeing something in a different area?

I agree I only see Abby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like to go back to the very first PC -posted at 13:09 on Feb. 14. There is one of the most interesting statements so far from DPD IMO.

The site shows 8 brief videos of the PC and 3 videos about the case. During the second video (PC) Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins says:

Quote, video2 ( also quoted in article):

BBM

"I think people in the community are smart enough in our community to draw their own conclusions about what they should feel and shouldn't feel," Delphi Police Chief Steve Mullins said. "Our people are very smart. We have a very good community and they are very strong. And they are able to draw their own conclusions about this whole situation very successfully.”

End of quoteNow, scroll down and there is a second single video with DPC Mullins. He basically repeats, what he said before, but is wording it differently:

Quote, additional video:BBM

"I think people are able to draw their own conclusions about the situation and they are smart enough to figure out that..what the situation warrants them to think. So, that's all we have to say about that."
End of quote
Odd statements, both.

All IMO

-Nin

Source:

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/...-in-carroll-county-official-says-its-not-good

(This time with quote)

What can these statements possibly mean?
They didn't serve a SW on RL for many weeks, so he can't mean "everyone knows RLdid it"
I don't think its plausibe he means - we all know this is done by a random SK.
Does he mean, we have a meat packing plant here with many practically unemployable men - so suspect them, or these girls unfortunately have unsavory family members so we can all guess its one of them.
What does all Delphi know and makes them capable of making successful conclusions from the information?

I know this is probably a waste of time asking, but hopefully it isn't also a TOS violation. Since we got an image thread for those tired of reading about and looking at the images, could we also get a thread for discussing RL for those of us who don't want to scroll through all of the comments about him? Ignore doesn't help if everybody quotes each other, and I think it's a disgrace that more is said about him than about the girls. I hate having to leave the thread, but I guess I will if that's the only option. Sorry for posting this here, but I wasn't sure which mod/admin to ask. Thanks.
As RL is the only POI in the case that can be sleuthed, then it would not leave much on the thread to discuss except "when is DNA coming back?."

Last night we were discussing RL in relation to the Mears barn and silo, so it is not just about RL. If we talk about the crime scene, we would be discussing RL property so it would be difficult cutting him out of the thread IMO.

He is discussed much less now than a month ago. <modsnip>

So maybe I am missing some of the conversation here...

Just because LE may have DNA doesn't mean they have a match. Takes time, evidence to support getting a sample from someone if they don't already have one.

As RL is the only POI in the case that can be sleuthed, then it would not leave much on the thread to discuss except "when is DNA coming back?."

Last night we were discussing RL in relation to the Mears barn and silo, so it is not just about RL. If we talk about the crime scene, we would be discussing RL property so it would be difficult cutting him out of the thread IMO.

He is discussed much less now than a month ago. What do others think?

There are also other things we could be talking about more, imo, in addition to RL and when is DNA coming back, if one feels that is what he/she wants to discuss...hunting, fishing, rsos, past attempted abductions, crime stats, missing persons, trucking routes, serial killers, maps, murder accountability project, awareness space, unsolved child murders, possible profiling aspects, etc etc etc. Moo. :moo: AL though we have been discussing a lot of this over and over in the what, 60 threads?

Re: your question, no, I don't think he is being discussed that much less a month later, lol....which is fine I'm bc imo he perked LE's interest for more than just being the property ownerm moo.

But that's why we are here, to talk about what we think is necessary.

Thank you for your patience with me. I want to try this one more time please. Falling Down posted on thread 55 page 46 post #679. http://time.com/4671589/snapchat-delphi-indiana-missing-girls/. Once you open the link let the picture come up in the box Don't play the video just let the picture appear. There is a man wearing camouflage wearing a hat sunglasses and has a beard. He looks like a reflection off the lens of the phone. Does anyone else see him ? And if you see him was this on Libby's phone? If no one sees him I am going to have a drink.

thank you for trying to help me with this.

You guys and gals are a good group of people.

I did try it Bear but nothing showed up for me. I couldnt even play the video. Nothing happened and I tried not playing the video as well as trying to play the video.

They didn't serve a SW on RL for many weeks, so he can't mean "everyone knows RLdid it"
Does he mean, we have a meat packing plant here with many practically unemployable men - so suspect them, or these girls unfortunately have unsavory family members so we can all guess its one of them.
What does all Delphi know and makes them capable of making successful conclusions from the information?
Great questions.
What can they draw their own conclusions on?
Two young girls were attacked and killed....
-that on avg SA is a component ?

I have no no idea and I'm not even sure that was part of this.

we don't know if it is DNA testing they are waiting on. They have used the term forensic testing. i can't see how the routine collection of DNA from felons is connected to the forensic testing with evidence from the delphi murders? testing all felons is pretty standard in most states and has been for a while, including indiana. LE did say several weeks ago what they are waiting on is connected to this case.

Yes LE did say several weeks ago they were awaiting on testing of items seized March 17th.

This recent report also mentions some results have been returned. The tone of comments indicates LE's pursuit of the perpetrator is still very broadly focused imo.

BBM

"At the 12-week mark into their investigation of the slayings of two Delphi teens, police have gotten below the 1,000 mark on leads and are continuing to evaluate evidence, but have not made an arrest.

“Some evidence testing has come back in, but not a lot of it,” Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said in an interview May 5, adding that he could not discuss particulars about that evidence that he previously said was sent to two locations – the Indiana State Police lab and the FBI lab in Quantico, Va.

“Some of that has afforded us the opportunity to eliminate people from the picture, but it still hasn’t provided us someone to jail,” he added."
http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_8bc193de-31ee-11e7-8be2-47abfaeb475d.html

Yes LE did say several weeks ago they were awaiting on testing of items seized March 17th.

This recent report also mentions some results have been returned. The tone of comments indicates LE's pursuit of the perpetrator is still very broadly focused imo.

BBM

"At the 12-week mark into their investigation of the slayings of two Delphi teens, police have gotten below the 1,000 mark on leads and are continuing to evaluate evidence, but have not made an arrest.

&#8220;Some evidence testing has come back in, but not a lot of it,&#8221; Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby said in an interview May 5, adding that he could not discuss particulars about that evidence that he previously said was sent to two locations &#8211; the Indiana State Police lab and the FBI lab in Quantico, Va.

&#8220;Some of that has afforded us the opportunity to eliminate people from the picture, but it still hasn&#8217;t provided us someone to jail,&#8221; he added."
http://www.newsbug.info/monticello_...cle_8bc193de-31ee-11e7-8be2-47abfaeb475d.html
Right
Maybe they are waiting on forensic testing of other things too from other people interviewed. We just don't know what was sent to the FBI and what time it was sent.

Gaahhhhhh
:tantrum:

We need more facts to go on.

Also I'm game to think about anything else if people bring it up. I'm personally pretty burnt out with work and home to put anymore energy into it at this time.

Thank you for your patience with me. I want to try this one more time please. Falling Down posted on thread 55 page 46 post #679. http://time.com/4671589/snapchat-delphi-indiana-missing-girls/. Once you open the link let the picture come up in the box Don't play the video just let the picture appear. There is a man wearing camouflage wearing a hat sunglasses and has a beard. He looks like a reflection off the lens of the phone. Does anyone else see him ? And if you see him was this on Libby's phone? If no one sees him I am going to have a drink.

thank you for trying to help me with this.

You guys and gals are a good group of people.

I looked at this - isn't the image just a faint image of Abbey?

we don't know that if it is DNA. they have said forensic testing. I don't have any reason not to believe LE when they said a few weeks ago that they have received "some" of the results from testing back but are still waiting on others. that seems to back a press story from yesterday that they are still waiting on forensic testing from the FBI's virginia lab.
What exactly would forensic testing consist of?

(This time with quote)

I agree with your questions here. I remember at the time the first statement was made, thinking "Wow. They must all know who did it!".

The title of the article holds the key to understanding the picture: Teenage Girls Went Missing After Posting Cryptic Snapchat Messages

Cryptic is a term that means, for one thing, the ability of an animal to blend into its environment. They expect us to appreciate their journalistic style.

http://time.com/4671589/snapchat-delphi-indiana-missing-girls/

What exactly would forensic testing consist of?

Fingerprints, hair samples, footprints, tire prints, fibers, fingernail contents etc.

They can have these things back with a rush BUT they have to match them to someone and getting samples from people would mean needing enough evidence and court ordering.

(This time with quote)

Awesome questions! IMO

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

"Hasn't provided us someone to jail" = Not RL for me.

This is a callous thing for RL to say:“Maybe in the future no one else will be murdered in my backyard,” Logan told Carroll Superior Judge Kurtis Fouts, apparently to the surprise of his own attorney, when asked if he wished to .

Old men can be crotchety and say things that others might just keep to themselves...

but he did say "murder" and he did say "my backyard"....

4 yrs is a long time for parole violations....I still think he's a material witness and with his cooperation, and a successful trial of SOMEBODY he'll probably get released..

I want to just say something about old men....these guys that spend their lives working hard can still be very strong well into their 70's or past....also, a guy doesn't even have to be in great shape because a gun brings a lot of obedience...so I don't dismiss anybody due to their age or their fat gut....
I think the reason I dismiss RL is because I just cannot see that big gut in the BG picture.

The above is just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member