Found Deceased TX - Crystal Seratte McDowell, 38, Baytown, 25 Aug 2017 #3 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I posted earlier and doing again. Did he leave his kids alone to take care of Crystal and how did he abandon her car? I'm wondering how this all went down.

whats the sign at pauls store? havent been following and trying to catch up thx

I posted earlier and doing again. Did he leave his kids alone to take care of Crystal and how did he abandon her car? I'm wondering how this all went down.

We don't know much of anything right now except that they have him in custody. LE gave a very brief press conference last night. I'm assuming we'll get more info tomorrow.

Re: Crime of Passion

The very first boyfriend I had when I moved to TX once told me that if I cheated on him he could kill me and get away with it because it would be considered a "crime of passion." He was just lovely. :facepalm:

IANAL, but a brief google search took me here where it is explained a bit better: https://brettpodolsky.com/general-law/crimes-of-passion-the-definition-history-and-laws

I think his lawyers can try to go that route, but it won't work. Per the link, a crime of passion in Texas requires that the accused suffered from a "sudden passion" and had "adequate cause" to commit the crime.

The kicker: The "sudden passion" cannot be based on a previous conflict.

So his lawyers can try, but the state will (or should) rightfully point to the Tarot reading, the cruise, her blocking him on FB, the text about their daughter, and everything else to show that he was a ticking time bomb.

Regarding Paul, and his being so vocal with the media, I'm starting to think that LE left him alone to talk so much for a reason, maybe even encouraged him, because LE already knew it was the ex.

With all the mixups with the video timestamps and the colour of her dress, etc. people were questioning his involvement, the focus was on him, and as such the heat "appeared" to be off Steve. I have no doubt that Steve was following, reading everything. Had the focus been on Steve it may have spooked him and he could have been a flight risk.

I feel bad for Paul, he is another victim in this horrible case.

Oooh, great theory! They also wanted to keep Steve calm so he didn't harm anyone else, like the kids.

Curious where you heard/read about early CPS intervention? Thanks!

I wonder this as well. We need a source for it. For all we know he could have had the kids until he was arrested. They would have had to had grounds for taking them from him, and what could they possibly say that wouldn't tip him off that they were on to him?

MOO:

I personally think he took them, at least when he dumped the car. My theory is that he killed her at home, maybe in the garage. He probably used the car he was trying to sell before he got arrested as his vehicle to transport her from home. He could have waited to do that until the kids were asleep at home, since she wasn't reported missing yet. Or he took them. I don't know. I hope they didn't see anything or know anything was wrong.

When he dumped the car, I think he either took a bus or an uber type service home. I think he probably had the kids with him. Otherwise he also could have dumped her car while the kids were asleep and walked home, maybe. I can't remember how far it was so I don't know if that is fesible or not.

She may be on a FB feed, not sure...and I don't recall her name.

I'm wondering if LE were staked out over the property or wherever he was in the case of him possibly fleeing.

There is a strong emphasis on the "very forthcoming interview" with him. Hmmm...does that mean he was very descriptive in an eerie way about what took place?? In an attempt to claim insanity...

Just thinking of the many possibilities...

This is just my opinion but I think he confessed and told them where he put her body. It seems she was found right after the interrogation experts were called in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried searching the rules to find exactly what it states about discussing the supernatural, but I can't find anything.

I assume the rule pertains to discussing psychics/tarot readers/mediums/etc as if they are some type of authority on cases who can share evidence.

But what about in this situation, where the reading is only important because it happened months before the crime and it sheds some light on the state of mind of the accused?

Anyone know?

Psychics/the supernatural/tarot are typically completely off limits on WS, but I think in this case the tarot reading can be discussed (to a certain degree), as it pertains to the state of mind of the accused and/or a possible motivation for this crime. As a member of WS staff, if this changes either myself or another member of the staff will let y'all know and set different and clear guidelines. Thanks!

I think AM75 knew that when s/he posted the info about what constitutes a capital murder charge.

bbm They had the kids interviewed by trained personnel.

Thank you, Elainera. I didn't realize the children had been interviewed.

This is just my opinion but I think he confessed and told them where he put her body. It seems she was found right after the interrogation experts were called in.

I agree. I'm thinking SM had an attorney that was guiding his every step. Offering hope to SM in the way of SM not having to explain anything on his own, for the best possible outcome. I can see SM doing this in an attempt to control the situation as best as possible, particularly in regards to his image. We know whatever it was that kept him quiet was in-check.

What do we know about him? What was his job? How long was he there?

I don't think anything about his employment position has been posted, other than the company he worked for. I saw that his completed education was through high school. There hasn't been any formal statements from colleagues, friends or family...no one that I know of. Correct me if anyone knows differently?

I'm not sure she made it home.

If she did, I think he quickly got rid of her car. Perhaps dropped the kids off with family or a babysitter.

Remember that her uncle was there on Friday to ask where she was. He would have seen her car. He was scared and suspicious and would have been looking for any sign of her.

No way her car was at the house for long and possibly not at all.

I hope the PI has her license revoked. She was too excited about having a high profile case, wouldn't stop talking.

I think Steve will seek a plea deal. Any lawyer will know that a jury will like Crystal just as much as we do. I don't see a jury feeling bad for her ex at all

you think maybe she got pushed down the stairs?

Yes I think it's a possibility they were involved in a physical confrontation in the house and he pushed Crystal killing her in the process. Then he tried to cover it up but failed.

Psychics/the supernatural/tarot are typically completely off limits on WS, but I think in this case the tarot reading can be discussed (to a certain degree), as it pertains to the state of mind of the accused and/or a possible motivation for this crime. As a member of WS staff, if this changes either myself or another member of the staff will let y'all know and set different and clear guidelines. Thanks!

I made a mistake and need to change this decision. The veracity of the tarot card reading has not been reported in MSM, so for now, any and all discussion of it is off limits. My apologies for any confusion I've caused.

RIP Crystal :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members