Found: Missing Cord, Duct Tape!

That is a good catch. It does look like black tape. However, I have never seen duct tape used in a dispenser.

Looks like it could be a roll of electrical tape.

BBM: I am still shocked LW would make the mistake of allowing BR to be on Dr. Phil...

Oui. And LW WANTS BR to file a lawsuit b/c he still is trying to milk JonBenet's death for all the cash that he can and for as long as he can. If he was my lawyer, he would be so fired. JR & BR should file suit against him for damages due to following LWs wrongful legal advice.

Great find on the Oriental doll images, otg. That tape holder does appear larger than most desk size versions for Scotch tape. Could the lighting obscure the transparency by making it appear to be a roll of dark tape?

I think it's just the back of the Japanese doll's costume. They wear an obi / sash that sometimes gets tied into a big knot ending up looking like a back pack.

Was there ever a list of items that Sister Pam took from the house? In what did she transport them? A box or a suitcase?

I think it's just the back of the Japanese doll's costume. They wear an obi / sash that sometimes gets tied into a big knot ending up looking like a back pack.

I see your point however, the obi usually doesn't tie up that high in the back.
I forget, was it silver duct tape over JBR's mouth or black gaffing tape?
Eta: OK, found out it was black.

Was there ever a list of items that Sister Pam took from the house? In what did she transport them? A box or a suitcase?
Unfortunately, no complete list was made at the time she was removing things. The officer there made a partial list and the Ramseys listed some of the items in their book but that's all we got. She took out bags and boxes of stuff, filling up the trunk and back of the police car iirc.

Unfortunately, no complete list was made at the time she was removing things. The officer there made a partial list and the Ramseys listed some of the items in their book but that's all we got. She took out bags and boxes of stuff, filling up the trunk and back of the police car iirc.

Oh boy. Just think of the stuff the parents could have hidden in the zippered up lining of the suitcases!

Oui. And LW WANTS BR to file a lawsuit b/c he still is trying to milk JonBenet's death for all the cash that he can and for as long as he can. If he was my lawyer, he would be so fired. JR & BR should file suit against him for damages due to following LWs wrongful legal advice.

Great find on the Oriental doll images, otg. That tape holder does appear larger than most desk size versions for Scotch tape. Could the lighting obscure the transparency by making it appear to be a roll of dark tape?
Possibly. But it's hard to tell in the only photo I've seen of it.

There was something I heard on one of the recent specials I was watching again (don't remember now which one). They said that the exact same kind of tape as was found on JonBenet's mouth was found in Linday H-P's house. Really? Why haven't some of the Ramsey sycophants been jumping up and down about this saying that's proof of her involvement? OTOH, if that's true, maybe the housekeeper brought something over to the Ramsey house that had a small piece of that tape on it that was "re-purposed?" N'est-ce pas?

I got these off of the Dateline show, they seem to be a bit better quality.

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• DL_OpenWindow.jpg
    DL_OpenWindow.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 441
  • DL_TapeRollRight.jpg
    DL_TapeRollRight.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 462
Oh boy. Just think of the stuff the parents could have hidden in the zippered up lining of the suitcases!

They wouldn't have even had to go to that much trouble. Pam took a lot of stuff from JonBenet's room - dolls, trophies, tiaras, clothing, God only knows. Clothing for everyone else. AFAIK and have ever known, there wasn't a complete inventory of what she took out of the house.

I got these off of the Dateline show, they seem to be a bit better quality.
Much better quality, Zoriah. Thanks.

Does anyone still doubt that there is a roll of black tape in the dispenser? It doesn't have the end pulled out to the cutting edge, but the roll is there.

I only noticed this recently:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Great catch! I'd thought some time ago that this crime scene photo in the wc featured one of the Asian dolls. ('Course maybe my eyes are playing tricks on me, but it's the only shape which occurred to me.) Now that I see the doll's proximity to this tape dispenser it seems like more of a possibility.

Orientaldollpossible.jpg

Attachments

• Orientaldollpossible.jpg
    Orientaldollpossible.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 58
Much better quality, Zoriah. Thanks.

Does anyone still doubt that there is a roll of black tape in the dispenser? It doesn't have the end pulled out to the cutting edge, but the roll is there.

I have no idea if I attached this pic properly, but I did want to include a pic of a tape dispenser having a black middle roll. It would probably look like black tape in the crime scene photo.

image.jpeg

Very good point, here is one without the cellotape:

attachment.php

Attachments

• scotchtape_dispenser.jpg
    scotchtape_dispenser.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 400
I have no idea if I attached this pic properly, but I did want to include a pic of a tape dispenser having a black middle roll. It would probably look like black tape in the crime scene photo.

attachment.php
Fantastic, Closet_Sleuth! I think you found the exact same model as shown on the basement shelves. Here's what I did to compare them: I took your photo and flipped to have it oriented the same as the one in their basement. Then I rotated it to have the bottom 0-degrees horizontal. Then I cropped the basement dispenser, rotated it to horizontal, and then enlarged it so I could compare them back and forth. Here are the results:

attachment.php
attachment.php

If you flip back and forth between the two photos, I think you'll see they are the same. What you'll also see is that the black tape holder in the photo you supplied is the same size (as close as I can tell) as what I had thought was a roll of black tape in the dispenser in the Ramsey basement.

In the words of Emily Litella:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Tape Dispenser 1.jpg
    Tape Dispenser 1.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 401
  • Tape Dispenser 2.jpg
    Tape Dispenser 2.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 410
  • 73133e44999619e2ff07daa3b7eaf44f.jpg
    73133e44999619e2ff07daa3b7eaf44f.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 405
I don't recall this - interesting! Maybe like a practice knot? I would be interested to learn more about this and its source.

If this is true, I'm not quite sure that it changes anything. If we believe someone in the house tied the knot, then that bolsters the belief, although with John's Naval background and Burke's interest in sailing, there's enough background to support the idea that someone in the house was capable.

Perhaps the most telling thing would be to know whose box it was and, like you said, whether the rest of the cord was in there. But I feel like LE has held firm that the cord was never found? If true, it could be another one of those confidential pieces of evidences that further convinces LE of Ramseys' guilt.

I had heard somewhere on WS that some of the bulkier, bigger packages had cords around them. Maybe like the things some stores put on to help you carry and lift them. Some surmised it may have been something like that. ???

For PositiveLight's benefit:

John was heard to call his pilot to get the plane ready after JonBenet's body had been brought up from the basement. But he never actually went to the airport that day.

I've tried but simply do not believe this "alleged phone call to his pilot to make the plane ready for take off" to be true and accurate. If JR was heard discussing a flight plan, it was in regard to his older children arriving in CO due to the family emergency.

From whom or where did this story originate?

Unless I have a verified recording or trustworthy evidence, to the contrary, I deem this to be a rumor. As strange as the Rs were/are, it makes absolutely no sense when using my good common sense.

Fleet White told investigators that he had gone back down to the basement after John brought JonBenet's body upstairs, and that he had picked up the duct tape as well as a cigar box that was in the room where the body was found.

It may be understandable to some people, but not to me. FW is scurrying around the Rs home taking notes and touching physical evidence involved in a horrendous crime scene. This is not to imply anything nefarious but the tape, cigar boxes or anything associated within the basement just simply did not need to be handled by FW. I have never understood his position, nor his actions, on that day and in the days to come. FW is a highly intelligent gentleman. He knew better than to pick up a piece of tape that had once been on JonBenet's mouth. I have to ask myself why. Cui bono?

5f542268603b77ab39c0e06005655944.jpg

Here ya go!

I recall, so well, being able to count on you to surface with dynamic contents.

I stand by Town Marshall James Kolar on this speculation of JR watching out for something via binoculars. If JR scooted across the street to the alleyway behind the Barnhill's, someone would have seen him, a dog would bark or growl. Far too many risks in being caught red handed with evidence in your hands before the ability to deposit in the trash.

It is my own opinion that JR was faking the binocular scene by creating a ruse, in order, to convince others that he was actually searching for a kidnapper. There are many times when I despise the man with these Angry Eyes.

When I ventured the alleyways behind the homes, they were rather frightening, even in the daytime. Truly, most of the alleys were kept like a hidden dump, similar to the Rs basement, with weeds and overgrowth, litter, empty cans and bottles and yesterday's newspapers. The same was true behind the Barnhill's alleyway; however, not all homeowners are the same. Hence, some reflected a condition of care and tidiness.

If you have seen the well-maintained alleyway behind Nicole Simpson's home on Bundy Drive then, it is safe to conclude comparing the alleyways on 15th Street, is the difference in day and night.

I've tried but simply do not believe this "alleged phone call to his pilot to make the plane ready for take off" to be true and accurate. If JR was heard discussing a flight plan, it was in regard to his older children arriving in CO due to the family emergency.

From whom or where did this story originate?

Unless I have a verified recording or trustworthy evidence, to the contrary, I deem this to be a rumor. As strange as the Rs were/are, it makes absolutely no sense when using my good common sense.
This story is documented in ST's book, Kolar's, and PMPT. I don't believe the Ramseys ever disputed it either, but instead claimed they wanted to fly to Atlanta immediately because they no longer felt safe in Boulder. Here's the PMPT version. Note: Mason is the detective who showed up after her body was found to examine the scene with Ron Walker of the FBI.
In the study, however, another detective overheard John Ramsey talking on the phone to his private pilot. He was making plans to fly somewhere before nightfall. Moments later, Ramsey told Mason that he, his wife, and his son would be flying to Atlanta that evening. He said he had something really important to attend to. At first Mason thought Ramsey was planning to leave the country. “You can’t leave,” Mason told him. “We have a lot of unfinished business here. We have to talk to you.” “OK,” Ramsey said. He didn’t protest. “You’re going to have to postpone that kind of stuff,” Mason added. “You can’t go.” Larry Mason had witnessed many SIDS* deaths and fatal accidents to children, but he had never once seen a father as callous as Ramsey appeared to be. Still, the detective tried to withhold judgment. He knew he might be projecting his own emotions onto the situation—how he would act in Ramsey’s place.
Thomas elaborated a bit more, placing the call at 1:40pm and mentioning that the pilot also confirmed this happened.
Archuleta attached no significance to the call since he had been readying the plane to fly to Michigan that morning anyway. He figured the man was under tremendous stress and just wanted to get his family out of Boulder. Ramsey had called him twice, once about the girl being missing and the second time when the body was found, and asked how long it would take to be ready to leave for Atlanta. Two hours, the pilot had said. Another man, Fleet White, called a short time later to cancel the flight.
Kolar adds one more thing you may find relevant based on your assumption that he would be calling his pilot to facilitate the older kids' travel plans.
At one point that morning, while the family and police investigators still awaited the ransom call, pilot Mike Archuleta volunteered to fly to Minnesota to intercept the commercial jet carrying Melinda and Stewart -the suggestion being that he could quickly meet the kids and ferry them back to Boulder, thus avoiding the hassle of their having to arrange a new commercial flight into Denver. John Ramsey nixed the idea, and I wondered why he didn’t want to take advantage of his pilot’s offer to shortcut the uncertainty of the availability of flights that would divert the kids to Colorado. I gave thought to the idea that perhaps he had declined this offer because he wanted to be assured of his private plane being accessible for a quick departure from the state. What came later seemed to confirm that piece of speculation.

May I humbly extend my thankfulness, DrollForeignFaction.

I've read each of the books mentioned in your apropos response. Although, it has been quite some time since doing so. Time and distance are relevant to my comment made with Angry Eyes.

Perhaps I shall never be able to completely unleash myself from seeking Justice for JonBenet. Perhaps it is due, in part, to my obsession of the investigations and the battle between the bias found within the BPD and the uncooperative DAs Office. Maybe I know too much or too little.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
not_just_a_phase
Back