Found: Missing Cord, Duct Tape!

Well, if Kolar said it then it must be true. Let's take it to court

Well, he was the lead investigator for BDA's office for a time and had access to the 60,000+ document case file which he reviewed in its entirety in addition to his own investigation...so if we are going to believe what anyone puts forth as fact about the case, doesn't Kolar qualify as credible?

That said, this particular excerpt was speculative. However, he did have access to evidence that has never been released to the public, so it's always possible that even some of his seemingly speculative theories are supported by evidence to which we are not privvy.

Well, he was the lead investigator for BDA's office for a time and had access to the 60,000+ document case file which he reviewed in its entirety in addition to his own investigation...so if we are going to believe what anyone puts forth as fact about the case, doesn't Kolar qualify as credible?

That said, this particular excerpt was speculative. However, he did have access to evidence that has never been released to the public, so it's always possible that even some of his seemingly speculative theories are supported by evidence to which we are not privvy.

I completely agree but he staked a claim and for his sake, he must stand by it at all costs. I know Tricia and Websleuths in general think Kolar is the next thing to God but I question anyone that quit the case a writes a book about it. I don't care if he made money or not. I would NEVER write a book about my cases or clients. It's not okay

I completely agree but he staked a claim and for his sake, he must stand by it at all costs. I know Tricia and Websleuths in general think Kolar is the next thing to God but I question anyone that quit the case a writes a book about it. I don't care if he made money or not. I would NEVER write a book about my cases or clients. It's not okay

I see your point! Many people in LE write books about their work on unsolved cases, although I can see how that would be considered inappropriate.

At the same time if I thought that politics, money, or what have you was contributing to a gross miscarriage of justice, and I felt that I had to expose my work to help a murdered little girl receive justice, I hope that I would have the guts to do what Kolar and Thomas did.

Right or wrong, I trust that they are professionals who are more knowledgeable about the case than us. Doesn't mean that he isn't committed to his personal theory, as you mentioned, but it does mean he arrived at that theory with all the available evidence, access to witnesses and investigative resources, and professional expertise that I don't have.

I don't agree with him at every turn, but I do respect what he has to say and find him to be credible.

I see your point! Many people in LE write books about their work on unsolved cases, although I can see how that would be considered inappropriate.

At the same time if I thought that politics, money, or what have you was contributing to a gross miscarriage of justice, and I felt that I had to expose my work to help a murdered little girl receive justice, I hope that I would have the guts to do what Kolar and Thomas did.

Right or wrong, I trust that they are professionals who are more knowledgeable about the case than us. Doesn't mean that he isn't committed to his personal theory, as you mentioned, but it does mean he arrived at that theory with all the available evidence, access to witnesses and investigative resources, and professional expertise that I don't have.

I don't agree with him at every turn, but I do respect what he has to say and find him to be credible.

I hear ya. I respect what he says also. Doesn't mean I don't question.

Thank you so much for a kind and thoughtful response

I hear ya. I respect what he says also. Doesn't mean I don't question.

Thank you so much for a kind and thoughtful response

And the same to you! Truly!

Ultimately we all want the same thing or we wouldn't be here. Disagreement doesn't mean we have to be uncivil. Peace and love and rainbows and all that, too. :)

"He thought it possible" but was that really discovered there?

And the same to you! Truly!

Ultimately we all want the same thing or we wouldn't be here. Disagreement doesn't mean we have to be uncivil. Peace and love and rainbows and all that, too. :)

I have followed this case from the beginning. Revisiting it hurts my heart. I have children now and Jonbenet's death cuts me to the core. This precious girl deserved so much better. It is a tragedy on so many levels

I interpret this to mean that Kolar wondered if John was looking out the window with binoculars at the trash cans because he had put the duct tape and cord there, not stating that this was actually so. We know that the practice ransom note was found in the Ramsey Kitchen. As far as I have ever learned, the remaining duct tape and cord were not found.

You interpret correctly. Kolar was merely speculating -- these items were never found. Let's not spread erroneous info.

I completely agree but he staked a claim and for his sake, he must stand by it at all costs. I know Tricia and Websleuths in general think Kolar is the next thing to God but I question anyone that quit the case a writes a book about it.

For my part, the only person who's next thing to God is John Wayne, and he's dead. And I don't think he quit. I'm pretty sure he was forced out. Gordon Coombs confirmed that anyone who didn't go along didn't go, period.

I don't care if he made money or not. I would NEVER write a book about my cases or clients. It's not okay

That's your right.

I have followed this case from the beginning. Revisiting it hurts my heart. I have children now and Jonbenet's death cuts me to the core. This precious girl deserved so much better. It is a tragedy on so many levels

My feelings exactly.

For my part, the only person who's next thing to God is John Wayne, and he's dead. And I don't think he quit. I'm pretty sure he was forced out. Gordon Coombs confirmed that anyone who didn't go along didn't go, period.

That's your right.

John Wayne was the man! I wonder if we will every see anyone like him in our lifetime?

I've read here recently that the housekeeper stated she saw a knot just like the one found on JB, tied around a box in the basement. I wonder if perhaps the box was the source of the cord.

Some of us think it's OK to get the truth out and we think that is what Chief Kolar was trying to do.

I've read here recently that the housekeeper stated she saw a knot just like the one found on JB, tied around a box in the basement. I wonder if perhaps the box was the source of the cord.

I don't recall this - interesting! Maybe like a practice knot? I would be interested to learn more about this and its source.

If this is true, I'm not quite sure that it changes anything. If we believe someone in the house tied the knot, then that bolsters the belief, although with John's Naval background and Burke's interest in sailing, there's enough background to support the idea that someone in the house was capable.

Perhaps the most telling thing would be to know whose box it was and, like you said, whether the rest of the cord was in there. But I feel like LE has held firm that the cord was never found? If true, it could be another one of those confidential pieces of evidences that further convinces LE of Ramseys' guilt.

I am thinking the cord, taken from around the box, might have been used? The original source of the cord long gone, but the piece around the box being readily available, knot already in place, as was the paintbrush. I read about the knot here just recently, but I'll have to search to find the thread. I've read for days :)

I wonder if the knot was around that cigar box in the crime scene pictures they talk about.

Does anyone remember reading about the cigar box? I cannot recall right now where I read it. I'm thinking it was in the police interview with JR. Something about an investigator showing him a picture of basement and asking him about cigar boxes and JR says he remembers one brand but not the other. Anyone remember reading that or did I dream it?

The thread I read discussing the cord around the box was Graphic Photos/Day 6 The Garrotte, The Cord, and Paint Brush/12 Days of Jon Benet.

Fleet White told investigators that he had gone back down to the basement after John brought JonBenet's body upstairs, and that he had picked up the duct tape as well as a cigar box that was in the room where the body was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back