Found Alive TX - Courtney Roland, 29, Houston, 6 Jan 2018

There's a picture of her in short shorts and a sleeveless shirt. I was a bit taken aback at how thin she appeared in that picture. Could surely be a factor in how the medication affected her.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Definitely. I buy it.

I'm happy she's found and she's on the road to recovery. Regardless of what happened she's going to need recovery time, that was a traumatic experience. She's blessed that it wasn't worse.

"Houston police announced Monday morning that Roland was found unharmed in the area surrounding the Galleria shopping mall, where she was last seen at 5:40 p.m. Sunday evening. Roland was taken to a hospital for evaluation. According to Fischer, Roland was seen at a Chick-fil-A restaurant near the mall, with KRPC’s Sofia Ojedareporting*that a worker at the restaurant spotted her after 6 a.m. Monday.

Police then announced that they found Roland under a highway overpass near the Chick-fil-A after a passer-by alerted them to her presence at 8:15 a.m."

Rivals.com reporter who covers Texas A&M found in Houston after going missing
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...ssing-in-houston-area/?utm_term=.714d502dcfe4

Yeah, there is a Chick-fil-A right at the corner of Richmond / Post Oak / 610 - so that's the Chick-fil-A in question, vs the one inside the Galleria... there was some confusion about that point earlier I think.

Just glad she's safe.

This is scary, I wonder if it was a new medication, or if it was a prescription mixup, or tainted, etc...

Acute confusion and altered mental status can result from a wide variety of medications - including ones that we don't often think of... given that it is flu season, there are reports of acute confusion caused by Tamiflu (oseltamivir), or even commonly used antibiotics.

According to this fb profile, she lives in College Station, TX and is from Houston, TX, but the last activity was June 2016 so possibly outdated info.
It's possible as she became well-known, she got another, completely private, or she changed her settings then.

All moo

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

Update
d5cafcf8c8e7f15daf982435b89a0ca7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What, what, what, WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! [emoji54]
Catching up, after work, sorry

What, what, what, WHAT?!!!!!!!!!! [emoji54]
Catching up, after work, sorry

Police reveal how she was found: http://usfashionnews.com/2018/01/09/police-reveal-how-missing-sports-reporter-was-found.html

The caller said Roland was under an overpass near the 610 West Loop and Richmond Avenue.

Our officers arrived, confirmed it was her and arranged she be checked at an area hospital". Police say the woman's phone was found inside her Jeep, which was parked outside a shopping center. Multiple sources earlier told KHOU 11 News Roland was first spotted at a nearby Chick-fil-A restaurant on Post Oak, south of the Galleria where her SUV was found overnight. On Sunday, Roland's mother received a text from her phone saying, "hello the owner of this phone Courtney". She was seen Sunday evening walking alone in a store at the Galleria mall. Police say she appeared to have spent much of her time searching for her phone, which was found in her vehicle. Her phone was inside the vehicle. They say Roland later planned to meet up with her roommate but failed to appear. US Fashion News http://usfashionnews.com/2018/01/09/police-reveal-how-missing-sports-reporter-was-found.html

More at link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How terrifying it must be to learn that you've been confused and wandering around all over town by yourself and have no recollection of it.

My boyfriend's dad went through something similar. He had an eye doctor's appointment one morning and his family became worried when he didn't return home that afternoon. They kept trying to reach him on his cell but it just rang and rang. His phone was on a shared family plan, so they were able to contact the service provider and find out his location. They told his family that his phone had last pinged a tower over 120 miles away! They weren't sure what was going on or what to do, so they just kept trying to reach him on his phone. Not long after they called the cell phone provider, someone finally answered his phone. As it turned out, he was only maybe two miles down the road from his house and a cop was the person who answered his phone. They stopped him because he was driving down the wrong side of the road! They could tell that he was confused and disoriented right away, which is the reason they answered his phone. His mom took him to the hospital to get checked out and he had a severe staph infection. That is what caused his dad's disorientation and confusion. He still has no idea what he did that whole day or where he might have gone. It was crazy... and very scary!

How terrifying it must be to learn that you've been confused and wandering around all over town by yourself and have no recollection of it.

My boyfriend's dad went through something similar. He had an eye doctor's appointment one morning and his family became worried when he didn't return home that afternoon. They kept trying to reach him on his cell but it just rang and rang. His phone was on a shared family plan, so they were able to contact the service provider and find out his location. They told his family that his phone had last pinged a tower over 120 miles away! They weren't sure what was going on or what to do, so they just kept trying to reach him on his phone. Not long after they called the cell phone provider, someone finally answered his phone. As it turned out, he was only maybe two miles down the road from his house and a cop was the person who answered his phone. They stopped him because he was driving down the wrong side of the road! They could tell that he was confused and disoriented right away, which is the reason they answered his phone. His mom took him to the hospital to get checked out and he had a severe staph infection. That is what caused his dad's disorientation and confusion. He still has no idea what he did that whole day or where he might have gone. It was crazy... and very scary!
Yes, my dad was put on a medication that caused him to hallucinate. Horribly scary for all of us.

As for Courtney, in the press conference the officer said they don't really know when the incident began (with the medical reaction).

She was fine working Saturday afternoon. The truck following her may have been the beginning. So Saturday evening - Monday morning. They said she didn't realize how much time has passed or that she was considered missing! I wonder if she'll ever be able to piece it together.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Poor Morgan Ingram...

OT: Yep. I did it. I said her name. You've been warned if you go and find her threads now. You're on your own.

Wow. I have never read into her case until now and will say that I'm sleeping with the lights on. That is by far the scariest case I've ever read about. Is there an ID show about her or anything?
Sorry for the OT and VERY glad this had a happy ending

Even certain antibiotics can have a similar effect. My friend's mother -- who had zero mental health issues -- started taking a heavy duty antibiotic (can't remember which one now) and called her children all worried about the men with orange helmets who were up on the neighbor's roof and then later peering in her window. He was concerned, so called the neighbor and asked her about the roofers. She told him that there were no roofers, no landscapers, no anybody -- with or without orange helmets -- on the roof or in either of their yards when his mom 'saw' them. They, of course, quickly hurried over to her house to check on her and she was completely out of it. While they were there, she saw the orange helmeted men peeking in her windows again. Took her straight to the ER and it turns out that it was a drug interaction.

Ok, so my high school bff and I were out cruising around one weekend, small county town, nothing else to do, and this car full of guys started following us. Which was cool, until it got creepy. And this went on for awhile. This is small town, sidewalks roll up at 5, there was nowhere crowded. My bff didn't want us to go to her house, and I wasn't about to drive back to my house... So we decided to go visit one of our friends! Boy, was she mad! Those guys drove by her house repeatedly for months.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Under those circumstances you guys CLEARLY did the right thing. To bad nobody's dad worked at the local mill and you could of drove by there. Dad's and his friends just love it when a bunch of strangers are following their teen daughters.

Pretty sure they would of gotten a "warm" reception. :D:D:D

Re: Courtney, the most important thing is... everyone is glad she is safe.

I kind of have my own opinions on how this really went down, but since no one else is "going there," I'll keep it to myself.

Cheers for a happy ending!

Even certain antibiotics can have a similar effect. My friend's mother -- who had zero mental health issues -- started taking a heavy duty antibiotic (can't remember which one now) and called her children all worried about the men with orange helmets who were up on the neighbor's roof and then later peering in her window. He was concerned, so called the neighbor and asked her about the roofers. She told him that there were no roofers, no landscapers, no anybody -- with or without orange helmets -- on the roof or in either of their yards when his mom 'saw' them. They, of course, quickly hurried over to her house to check on her and she was completely out of it. While they were there, she saw the orange helmeted men peeking in her windows again. Took her straight to the ER and it turns out that it was a drug interaction.

My pre-teen daughter was taking antibiotics for pneumonia. She kept talking about a lady who was forcing her to make boxes. I thought that she had been dreaming. Her father caught on right away and took her to the emergency room. Sure enough, she was having a reaction to the medicine.

I had no idea that this was so prevalent. Scary!!

Police reveal what missing reporter told them when she was found
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/missing-reporter-what-courtney-roland-told-police-when-she-was-found/

"HOUSTON -- A sports journalist who was found after she went missing over the weekend told police officers that she had a severe reaction to medication that led her to become confused and disoriented, police said. The disappearance of Courtney Roland, 29, caused alarm after she sent nonsensical texts to her mother and her roommate called police Sunday saying Roland had expressed concern that a suspicious man was following her.

Roland suffered memory loss as a result of her reaction to the medication and she was continuing to be evaluated at a hospital, police said at a Monday news conference.

"When our people were talking with her she seemed pretty confused about everything," police Lt. Manuel Cruz Jr. said."

So where was she all night long? Just wandering aimlessly under the bridge? I've been to that location, I just don't think you could walk about there at night without someone messing with you. It is dark and full of vagrants at night. But, it was cold, maybe they were all in their shelters.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back