Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know, Did SW come from a two parent home?

This is still uncertain but that and other family information is off limits for now. I believe we will get some details surrounding this soon.

He looks a lot like his dad in this pic!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I agree. In others I have seen he was (<-----I hate typing that word) the most handsome/gorgeous combination of both his father and mother.

He doesn't look like a methhead to me. He weighs 185 & is 6'2." I see acne on his face, but don't see
wounds?

Weird, I don&#8217;t see any skin problems, well, maybe a mole? I think he looks too healthy to be a meth head. But agree he has no expression of remorse or even humility. More along the lines of anger and defiance, and opposition to authority. Jmo

Oh, I don't live in California anymore. I didn't know they overturned the unconstitutional death penalty thing. But no way will Sam get death or even life. Because he will be sentenced as a youth. California had a law that passed which raises the youth sentencing age til 23. He will be tried as an adult but sentenced as a youth. ....

Well, after reading more I'm not sure sentenced as a youth is what that bill does. It does mean that because he was under 23 at the time of the crime, he will get a parole hearing after 25 years.

Perhaps there was another bill and I'm mixing two up? Any lawyer types from California who can clarify?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

At the age of 20 he could be sentenced as a youth? How can that be possible? If so how screwed up is that? TIA

Ashton Sachs who was 19 when he killed his parents and wounded his brother in 2014. This was another well known case here in OC. There is a thread on WS. He was sentenced to life in prison in 2016.

I would say because he didn't think he needed them.
When I was a teenager and a friend would pick me up for a drive, I didn't take them.

Not gone long - don't need medication just take it when I leave or return.
Not going on a shopping spree - don't need wallet, might stick some cash with my phone.
Not staying long - don't need phone charger (plus most people have one in the car you can use anyway.)

Not driving - don't need glasses or keys.
I would take my keys because my house was always locked but nowadays a lot of people have keypad entry. Maybe a key isn't needed to get back in the house?

I don't think there was any convincing done. If there had been I don't think the phone would have been taken either. That is really what caused problems for the suspect and it's the only thing that makes sense to have Blaze leave behind.

I second this. I pretty much said the same thing earlier, almost verbatim in regards to glasses and wallet. He could have also had contacts in.

Weird, I don’t see any skin problems, well, maybe a mole? I think he looks too healthy to be a meth head. But agree he has no expression of remorse or even humility. More along the lines of anger and defiance, and opposition to authority. Jmo

Honestly, it appears clear to me that they knew the arrest was coming.
It was reported that he was extremely nervous when being questioned.
I find it odd he isn't nervous when he's actually arrested, you'd think that would be scarier.

I think it's highly probable that he may have been medicated.
I know I sure would have needed to be!

I second this. I pretty much said the same thing earlier, almost verbatim in regards to glasses and wallet. He could have also had contacts in.

Just hoping that the same person won't have to repeat themselves over and over. :)

If I was leaving the house just for quick sex I don't think I'd take anything additional.
I never did that though, I was always going to spend the night.
So I'm not really sure what I'd take! I just know I generally only take my phone.

I agree. In others I have seen he was (<-----I hate typing that word) the most handsome/gorgeous combination of both his father and mother.

He was what?? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blaze looked like both parents and was a great combination of them both.
Got good features from each parent, yet sometimes looks like one or the other.

My 1st looks just like me, my 2nd looks just like Dad and the 3rd looks like all of us!
It's so crazy how genetics work. Sometimes they can look like multiple people.

Ashton Sachs who was 19 when he killed his parents and wounded his brother in 2014. This was another well known case here in OC. There is a thread on WS. He was sentenced to life in prison in 2016.

He will also be up for parole in 25 years. Based on being 19 at the time of his crimes. It's a pretty new law. I think that is all "sentence like a youth " means. But I'm hoping an expert can clarify.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I read the affidavit, I was picturing someone who looked weak, nervous, and scared. He looks the complete opposite, IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You really can't base anything off of a video and a couple pics. The police said he was shaking and nervous in the interview. Doesn't sound like he had it all together to me.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Agree.

Searching through the sheriff blotter I found something I brought up before on this forum, but it was before it became a homicide investigation. But it's curious that right in the Hobby Lobby shopping area there was a "Disturbance" listed in the early hours of 1/3/18.

http://www.ocsd.org/gov/sheriff/howdoi/eservices/blotter.asp
553293403b3f6350608d36e04b053e67.jpg

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Unlikely. If he pleads guilty to some version of manslaughter, etc he would have to say what happened. Courts are public, unless under age perps.

I am sure they'll offer him a plea deal & if he accepts it, he won't go to trial. If that happens, we likely won't ever know what happened (unless Sam decides to disclose it).

Long time reader of this and other missing persons stories... first time contributor.

Love all you Sleuths out there. It is amazing how much you can find out before the general public. I&#8217;m very saddened by the whole story. From my own (obsessive) research I find the SW birthday discrepancy a little curious. It was first listed as 4-27-98 on the ocsd website when he was in receiving, and was later updated to 7-28-97. I wonder why...

<modsnip>

Maybe he lied to the intake person at the jail?

I am sure they'll offer him a plea deal & if he accepts it, he won't go to trial. If that happens, we likely won't ever know what happened (unless Sam decides to disclose it).

I disagree. Not for a murder case. If he pled guilty he would do so in court with a confession and details of the crime. JMO.

He was what??

Let me take out the part with the parenthesis since it seems to be confusing some. This is how my sentence should read in response to someone stating that Blaze looks like his father in the penn appétit photos:

I agree. In other photos I have seen he was the most handsome/gorgeous combination of both his father and mother.

The parenthesis portion of what I wrote was basically stating that I hate to type the word "was" in regards to Blaze since he is not with us any longer.

Hope that cleared up an confusion in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa