Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Does the time given mean that's when the call came or that's when the police checked it out?

That could either be them and that's why no scent at the park for the dogs - he carried Blaze once they got there. Or the person (s) causing the disturbance caused them to move their "catching up" to the park.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think they did their catching up at the park. I'm having a hard time believing SW killed BB someplace else then dragged his body to the park. I still wonder why BB was killed, doesn't make much sense to me. BB was away at college, in another state, then he comes home for the holidays and ends up dead. I wonder if SW and BB were actual friends or just that they knew each other from HS. I wish I had more to go on, not enough info and if there is, someone lead me to it.

We may never know motive but perhaps it is simple. Blaze was everything killer was not. Accepted, brilliant, engaged in life with a wonderful future.

We may never know motive but perhaps it is simple. Blaze was everything killer was not. Accepted, brilliant, engaged in life with a wonderful future.

Same thought I had.

Why did the dogs not catch Blaze's scent? Has this been discussed? If so, can someone place point me the page of discussion? THANKS!

Why did the dogs not catch Blaze's scent? Has this been discussed? If so, can someone place point me the page of discussion? THANKS!

This has come up off and on, especially in the days following the discovery of the body. The gist of it was that sniffer dogs are not 100% effective. As I write this, it's not clear to me whether the dogs had been given an item of clothing etc which had BB's scent, or they went in 'cold' with the task of finding a cadaver, the latter of which probably have a distinct scent in general, independent of the individual.

I have a question...Why are people fixated on his age - 19 vs. 20? Does it matter? What is the significance of one vs the other?
legit question...I feel like I’m missing something.

If he went outside to talk in car, would explain not having his wallet, then the drive to the park could be considered a kidnapping charge too

Just hoping that the same person won't have to repeat themselves over and over. :)

If I was leaving the house just for quick sex I don't think I'd take anything additional.
I never did that though, I was always going to spend the night.
So I'm not really sure what I'd take! I just know I generally only take my phone.

(Respectfully snipped & bolded by me )

The bolded part is where you were replying to a quote from Jonesjones about Blaze possibly wearing his contacts when he left.

I couldn't help but smile; I believe you may have been referring to me when I brought up repeatedly in the first thread how odd it was for Blaze to leave his glasses behind.

So sorry for all that. I know I drove everyone up the wall with it!

Someone though linked an article at that point quoting his father as saying Blaze might have left wearing his contacts. That was good enough for me.

I promised then to not bring it up anymore. Though it's been mentioned by others, I've been good to my word! :)

Now, just don't ask me about mental health professionals! ;)

JMO

Maybe they were using bloodhounds for search and rescue. Sometimes they don't bring out the cadaver dogs right away unless they know the person is deceased. I don't really know. Just an amateur observation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a question...Why are people fixated on his age - 19 vs. 20? Does it matter? What is the significance of one vs the other?

SW had initially been reported as 21 years of age (very early following the arrest). For my part, I surmised that could have made BB and SW two years apart at school, leading to questions about how much interaction the really had at OCSA. There appears to have been a clerical error regarding his birthday in 1997, and I suspect people just want to fix on the truth via accurate info.

I think BB's age is brought up more because of the MSM's laziness and inaccurate reporting, as opposed to people fixated on age. Plus, there could be legal reasons too with state laws.

There are a few things I don't fully understand yet though:
- Flight - did police arrest him because he was about to make a run for it? They were keeping him under surveillance and then had got the DNA results back. How can SW have thought he'd manage to run away? Not sure that any change of appearance/haircut was convincing!

RSBM. Police may have arrested him at that time because it was the first time he left his home after they got the DNA results back. I think police don't like to make an arrest inside a person's home because there are too many variables (other people present etc). JMO

This has come up off and on, especially in the days following the discovery of the body. The gist of it was that sniffer dogs are not 100% effective. As I write this, it's not clear to me whether the dogs had been given an item of clothing etc which had BB's scent, or they went in 'cold' with the task of finding a cadaver, the latter of which probably have a distinct scent in general, independent of the individual.

Especially if he was found buried inside a drain. Dirt plus water plus drain, i think unless the dog was brought to the drain he wouldn't pick it up. You can see it looks like it goes straight down and might be deep. I can't remember if MSM has reported this drain or even burial aspect yet? I know they said nothing about exactly where the body was in the press conference.

Someone sent me this photo of the location of the grave but I've no idea if it's a local person's photo or if it has been published somewhere. I will flag it because I'm not sure if my uncertainty makes it not allowed.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Maybe BB wasn't deceased yet when the cadaver dogs came. Maybe he was still dying.

I am pretty much caught up in everything. I know my opinion is not the popular one, but I think that SW lured BB, by lying to him, or catfishes him on a SM site, killed him because SW abhors homosexuality in himself, and in others, based on a radical and extremist world view. I have seen enough of his online presence to recognize what he is, and I hope they do go forward with federal hate crime charges, although I doubt very much that they will.

About Blaze..

RSBM

Thank you for posting this, Mica.

No doubt Blaze would have changed the world.

He will not soon be forgotten, by everyone who was lucky enough to have known him in life and those of us who have been so profoundly touched by his death.

May God bless and watch over his parents and siblings and surround them with peace and comfort in this difficult time.

It is not a popular discussion but dogs are fallible. VERY fallible. And miss bodies all the time.

Especially if he was found buried inside a drain. Dirt plus water plus drain, i think unless the dog was brought to the drain he wouldn't pick it up. I can't remember if MSM has reported this yet? I know they said nothing about exactly where the body was in the press conference.

Someone sent me this photo of the location of the grave but I've no idea if it's a local person's photo or if it has been published somewhere. I will flag it because I'm not sure if my uncertainty makes it not allowed.

<modsnip>

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't think he was in the drain, I think he was in the muddy area directly adjacent to the drain (behind it to the left in this photo, I believe) where the person who posted the video stated there were a lot of footprints and a reporter mentioned the presence of discarded rubber gloves (?)

I am still perplexed as to how he could have buried BB without it being super noticeable by searchers, park visitors, and students walking by. SW clearly isn't very smart; must have just been dumb luck. Thank God for rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname