Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty much caught up in everything. I know my opinion is not the popular one, but I think that SW lured BB, by lying to him, or catfishes him on a SM site, killed him because SW abhors homosexuality in himself, and in others, based on a radical and extremist world view. I have seen enough of his online presence to recognize what he is, and I hope they do go forward with federal hate crime charges, although I doubt very much that they will.

I haven’t completely ruled this scenario out either. But he clearly didn’t have a well-thought-out plan, in terms of covering his tracks, disposing of the body, alibi. I do think it’s a possibility that his plan was just to beat up BB, for the reasons you mentioned, and then went too far and killed him, THEN tried to conceal the body, concoct and alibi, etc.

Edit - covering his tracks not converting his tracks

I think it was a crime of passion. No plan, no clue what to do after. Envy and rejection. He snapped. It's just tragic all around.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a link to a transcript or video of the full press conference? Seems like all the articles I’ve seen have bits and pieces, and/or paraphrase it. I’m interested in seeing the whole PC in its entirety. (The one following SWs arrest.)

I haven’t completely ruled this scenario out either. But he clearly didn’t have a well-thought-out plan, in terms of covering his tracks, disposing of the body, alibi. I do think it’s a possibility that his plan was just to beat up BB, for the reasons you mentioned, and then went too far and killed him, THEN tried to conceal the body, concoct and alibi, etc.

Yep, that is a very likely scenario, imho. I think in a blind rage SW may have beaten BB, strangled him, whatever, and left him where he fell, not knowing for sure he was dead. Then, went back at the later time to check on him, and at that point, covered the body with mulch, or buried it.

Why did the dogs not catch Blaze's scent? Has this been discussed? If so, can someone place point me the page of discussion? THANKS!

Dogs are a TOOL in searching for a missing person. Just like the volunteers, LE, divers,drones, video cameras, etc.TOOLS.

I can't understand how he got him buried at all. Seems the root systems in that area would make digging with a shovel impossible .

Autumn59 said:
He would be 20 with that birth month and year.

:doh: Keep thinking it's 2017.... sorry! :)

Gussified said:
I have a question...Why are people fixated on his age - 19 vs. 20? Does it matter? What is the significance of one vs the other?
legit question...I feel like I’m missing something.

Well, for me - I keep a list of trials and hearings of the threads that I have and would like the "real" age of people! :D

I can't understand how he got him buried at all. Seems the root systems in that area would make digging with a shovel impossible .

This is one of the lingering questions. Others have said the ground is clay-like and would be difficult to dig, even with a shovel. SW had dirt under his fingernails, and if it was a remnant of the evening, it is not clear how his fingers could have been effective either. The only thing I can think of is that the 'grave' has been somewhat overstated, and it was nothing but mulch or ground cover. I'm sure the area was photographed for forensic purposes, but there is no telling what we the public will see.

This is one of the lingering questions. Others have said the ground is clay-like and would be difficult to dig, even with a shovel. SW had dirt under his fingernails, and if it was a remnant of the evening, it is not clear how his fingers could have been effective either. The only thing I can think of is that the 'grave' has been somewhat overstated, and it was nothing but mulch or ground cover. I'm sure the area was photographed for forensic purposes, but there is no telling what we the public will see.

Or he might have put him in the drain, gone home and got bags of dirt from the gardening shed, came back and threw it in. This might block the drain but not until heavy rains would it be obviously clogged.

Just a guess of course.

he led the cops right to blaze 'figuratively speaking' he could have said blaze walked away at the hobby lobby or whatever that store was and never mentioned the park. He's a fool as well as a murderer.

he led the cops right to blaze 'figuratively speaking' he could have said blaze walked away at the hobby lobby or whatever that store was and never mentioned the park. He's a fool as well as a murderer.

😂 IKR? Unbelievable. Unless, maybe the SnapChat mentioned them going to the park after he picked BB up?

Yeah, I think he may have thought the police would eventually be able to track him, either with video cameras in the area, or with cell phone records. So he was trying to account for why he may have been there.

Not at all Jazz. The only posts of yours I remember are the amazingly insightful ones ABOUT mental health professionals.

I just know that when I've said something a hundred times I get tired of saying it. It's nice to have someone else come in and say it too. So now that the thread had slowed down a little I was just trying to help with that. Hoping to help prevent the repetitiveness of the previous threads. That's all!

(Respectfully snipped & bolded by me )

The bolded part is where you were replying to a quote from Jonesjones about Blaze possibly wearing his contacts when he left.

I couldn't help but smile; I believe you may have been referring to me when I brought up repeatedly in the first thread how odd it was for Blaze to leave his glasses behind.

So sorry for all that. I know I drove everyone up the wall with it!

Someone though linked an article at that point quoting his father as saying Blaze might have left wearing his contacts. That was good enough for me.

I promised then to not bring it up anymore. Though it's been mentioned by others, I've been good to my word! :)

Now, just don't ask me about mental health professionals! ;)

JMO

No to both.

But the fact that LE said they would not release details on the condition of the body suggests something more gruesome than strangulation. Unless that damage was done by animals after death.

LE not releasing details on the condition of the body is not suspicious. Common pre-trial tactics. Not voluntarily providing defense attorneys case information before legally required. Bail hearing, defense attorneys arguments are limited based on limited information.

Or maybe he knew Blaze's phone would have pinged there?

Though it does seem a bit advanced of a thought process for someone who thought LE would be accepting of an alibi which consisted of someone whose last name and address he couldn't even supply.

Or maybe he knew Blaze's phone would have pinged there?

Though it does seem a bit advanced of a thought process for someone who thought LE would be accepting of an alibi which consisted of someone whose last name and address he couldn't even supply.

What about Blaze’s phone? Haven’t seen anything about it.

Blaze's phone was in possession of his father, remember. Blaze had a loaner from a relative that didn't seem to have cell service.

I'm trying to find the video one of our WS'ers shot at the scene. She did a wonderful job of showing the ground all around the area.
I need to see something in that video to see if I remember it correctly.
Can anyone link for me?

Blaze's phone was in possession of his father, remember. Blaze had a loaner from a relative that didn't seem to have cell service.

No I don’t remember Blaze’s dad having his phone. I was referring to the loaner phone, uncle iirc, unless he had another phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member