Found Deceased CA - Blaze Bernstein, 19, Lake Forest, 2 Jan 2018 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In every case obviously no. Exceptions YES. Length of time unwanted kiss plan started then happened....determines if planner continued planning beyond unwanted kiss.

I find it extremely unlikely that this murder occurred over one unwanted kiss. I would put big money that the motive behind this killing is considerably more complicated.

I can't help but note that the violation date is given as Wednesday January 03. Is it possible LE has evidence that the murder actually occurred after midnight the evening SW and BB met up?

Was wondering that too!

I can't help but note that the violation date is given as Wednesday January 03. Is it possible LE has evidence that the murder actually occurred after midnight the evening SW and BB met up?

Most likely... it's probably reasonable to infer that.

I'm sorry but the OC Register isn't completely trustworthy. Before the hearing today they reported in their article SW was being held in $2M bond. Now after they are still reporting that there was a suggested $2M bond that wasn't granted. This simply isn't true.
This concerns me because although they may be releasing facts from the affidavit, I can't trust the manner, tone, or context with how these snippets are being released. I would like to see this information in the context of the entire document, not how they choose to portray it.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...-using-a-knife/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

I am with you 100%. I’ve taken every opportunity to voice this when I’ve been challenged. Not for the sake of being challenged, all for the sake of journalistic truth and integrity.

It seems to me that the OC Register got what journalists call a 'scoop' or an 'exclusive'. Through some determination and hustle by one of their reporters they were able to get their hands on this affidavit before it was sealed. Now they are milking it for what it's worth.

I don't like the fact that they are piecemealing us info from this affidavit day-by-day rather than just giving us the whole dump, but that's business. Tell me that other news organizations wouldn't do the same thing. They all only care about the bottom line these days. Integrity by and large left journalism a long time ago.

But given all that, I think it's a stretch to say they are fabricating things. We have to assume that what they are quoting from the affidavit is true. if not, they're going to take a lot of heat and it possibly could even be illegal. They're not going to risk their business over something that serious. They have to be in this for the long haul.

So I'd say let's be reasonable and assume that what they quote from the affidavit is true. If anyone has hard evidence to the contrary I'd like to see it. As for 3rd party media outlets, like the Philly News or KTLA, misquoting the article in their "retelling" of the story, that's a whole other issue - they should just link to the source material IMHO - but they won't - they need to "appear" to be adding value.

Since I've been alive the term "Eagle Scout" in common vernacular has been synonymous with "a young man of good character".

I'm fairly certain this is what his attorney was trying to convey with that statement.

There's nothing wrong with what the attorney said, I agree.

To the OP: the lawyer's job is to defend his client and point out the positive things he's achieved, etc.

Well hopefully this can be a call for understanding, acceptance, inclusion.

I pray that it would be true, and believe me I hope it will, but I won't hold my breath. The discourse and integrity of our MSM has been on a downward spiral in to the depths of ... for 30 years.

I'd like to offer up a thought for perspective. Women get hit on ALL THE TIME. Young women, old women, skinny women, curvey women, ALL women. We get hit on by men *and* women.

We may detest the unwanted advances, but we don't kill anyone over it. So let's just keep that in mind.

NO EXCUSES.

Don't forget about us middle aged women :genie:

I still haven’t ruled out that SW felt rejected by BB. Especially with BB returning to school. Where do we get this idea that Blaze tried to kiss SW? From his accused killer. And just like his stories about the third person, his girlfriend, fight club and mud puddles, it could be all bs. He likes to lie. His words are meaningless to me. JMO

I still haven’t ruled out that SW felt rejected by BB. Especially with BB returning to school. Where do we get this idea that Blaze tried to kiss SW? From his accused killer. And just like his stories about the third person, his girlfriend, fight club and mud puddles, it could be all bs. He likes to lie. His words are meaningless to me.

They weren't deep in the park to roast marshmallows. C'mon. This all my opinion, but obviously they went there to have some type of sexual encounter.

SW may have become enraged after they finished.

The "entire document" is sealed by the court, iirc.

I'm sorry but the OC Register isn't completely trustworthy. Before the hearing today they reported in their article SW was being held in $2M bond. Now after they are still reporting that there was a suggested $2M bond that wasn't granted. This simply isn't true.
This concerns me because although they may be releasing facts from the affidavit, I can't trust the manner, tone, or context with how these snippets are being released. I would like to see this information in the context of the entire document, not how they choose to portray it.

https://www.ocregister.com/2018/01/...-using-a-knife/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It sounds to me, from the LE description of the night, that they were together for several hours that night before BB was killed. I still really, really want to know what the last text message said to his female friend before his phone was disabled/turned off.

I think they meant that therapist might have more insight and ability to recognize red flags than the average person.

Thanks for your input, Maroon10.

With all due respect though, it doesn't change one word of my prior post.

How do we know she didn't use her insight to recognize red flags in his behavior?

She may have gone to extensive lengths to help him, but can anyone ever control another person's behavior?

There may be some misconceptions about the extent of what she could have done for 'red flags.'

'Red flags' can warrant out-patient mental health treatment which I believe she likely would have obtained for SW.

I can tell you for a fact, though, you cannot have anyone admitted to a psychiatric unit against their will, unless they are a danger to self or others. That's the criteria.

'Red flags' won't get you admitted. Danger to self or others will.

I seriously doubt though if SW told her he was planning to kill Blaze.

So even if she was scared out of her mind from seeing all those red flags, and doing everything possible to get help for him, she didn't have the ability to control SW.

In fact, she may very well have done everything right, but in the final analysis, SW is responsible for his own choices and behavior.

As I said, unless I learn differently, I will continue to wish her much support too in this horrible tragedy...

JMO

They weren't deep in the park to roast marshmallows. C'mon. This all my opinion, but obviously they went there to have some type of sexual encounter.

SW may have become enraged after they finished.

But how do we know who was the pursuer in the relationship was? For all we know it was SW, and like you said he became enraged after.

I'm sorry but I disagree.

Please do not comment on religion anymore. Not even to reply to this post.

Nowhere in the article do I see any sort of spin about religion. The only thing that one might get out of the article is did the suspect go to mass after the killing because he felt guilty? Maybe so.

Is it possible this is a hate crime and SW will use the defense of gay people going against the word of God? Maybe. Maybe not. Until the time we know for certain there is no use in bringing up religion. Why? Because all that will happen is posters will get angry at each other, no one will change anyone's mind, and the mods will go underground to and head to Adjikistan to avoid moderating this discussion.

I promise bringing up religion will cause fights of epic proportions.

Until we have something solid religion is off limits. Please.

Thank you,
Tricia

I am not trying to discuss religion here. I just want to point out the MSM is now spinning a story of how religious SW and his family are so I do think it may be relevant to this case and SW psychology. . They are reporting that SW was last at mass this past Sun. And his mother attends mass every single day. His parents showed up in court with their priest and many members of their church's congregation. http://www.star-telegram.com/news/nation-world/national/article195059979.html I believe it will be relevant to this case.

Please do not comment on religion anymore. Not even to reply to this post.

SWs family has not made a statement of any kind correct? It means nothing that this killer went to church, to me. IMO I am seeing sympathy towards this murderer, and while revenge is useless, misplaced trust and sympathy in a killer is dangerous and unhealthy To Me. Usually when a sudden shocking crime occurs, a killers parents offer sympathy and apology to the victims family. Not so in this case. Not one word.

I believe that yesterday, Woodward's mother asked for privacy for both families:

""I would like it very much if everyone would respect our privacy and the privacy of the Bernstein family," she told NBC4 outside her home. "This is a time of great suffering and we would ask that you would respect that suffering. Thank you very much.''"

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/national-international/Criminal-Charges-to-Be-Filed-Against-Man-Arrested-in-Connection-With-UPenn-Students-Murder-469639603.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa