MO MO - Angela Hammond, 20, Clinton, 4 Apr 1991

Just to give some perspective about 1991 and this case.

Using a pay phone to make a call in town wouldn't have been that usually.

I remember reading about this case on the UM forums a while ago and someone mentioning that Angela didn't have a phone at her parents house to call from.

Angela and her boyfriend weren't living together at the time.

She was out with a girlfriend while he was babysitting his brother at his home - or more accurately his parents house.

At 4 months pregnant, I can see making plans to meet up later, but then feeling extremely tired - from the pregnancy- and Angela calling to say she wanted to go home to sleep. Going over to her boyfriends house might have meant staying instead of getting to sleep.

And if she didn't have a phone at home, with cell phones not available, a pay phone by the local grocery store would be the only option.

As a teen myself in 1991, this scenario is very plausible. And very scary. I've made a few late night calls at pay phones in the late eighties/early nineties and consider myself lucky now - in hind sight.

I do believe the events took place as the boyfriend lays out. From the other forum, it sounded like he was eventually able to marry and move on with his life.

With the more recent discovery of Wendy Camp, her daughter and sister in law and the jailing of their truly evil murderer, Angela Hammond - along with the Harkins/Cooper/Robertson/Riemer murders - are the next haunting UM cases that I hope can still find closure after all this time.

I find these cases more frightening and memorable because of their randomness, crossing paths with a deeply disturbed stranger at exactly the wrong time.

Has anyone tried searching for any UD/Jane does in the area? I don't think she's alive.

Speculation has been made as to Larry Hall being a suspect.

Larry Hall seems farfetched and he doesn't fit the physical description. Besides, he drove a white van.

How about the I65 killer.

image.jpg

I'm so surprised that this case was never solved. It was such a distinctive description of a very unique vehicle.

I'm so surprised that this case was never solved. It was such a distinctive description of a very unique vehicle.

The notebook, it wasent all that unique, lots of old trucks had those fish jumping out water decales on their back windows. They pretty popular and sold at most big dollar stores.

No Terry he was never caught, and he not only looks like the sketch from the Burger Chef murders, but his description is very close to what was described in Angela's abduction.

He even wore a pair of bibed overalls.

No Terry he was never caught, and he not only looks like the sketch from the Burger Chef murders, but his description is very close to what was described in Angela's abduction.

He even wore a pair of bibed overalls.

That very interesting. Angela’s abduction has haunted me since the very first time I saw it “Unsolved Mysteries”. What crime did this sketch originate from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The notebook, it wasent all that unique, lots of old trucks had those fish jumping out water decales on their back windows. They pretty popular and sold at most big dollar stores.

It must be unique to that particular area of the country (rural Missouri?). A truck with that description would stick out like a sore thumb to me

Well, as easy as it would be to put one on; I guess it would be just as easy to take one off as well. But then again who's to say the perp even lived in MO, maybe just passing through.

Angie and Rob were at a BBQ mere hours before her abduction. I wonder if all the guests from the party were question. Angie could have been followed by someone who was at the party. Then once she was alone, the abductor made his move.

But if the perp was at the party, once Angie saw him when she was on the phone, she wouldn't have acted like he was a stranger.

But if the perp was at the party, once Angie saw him when she was on the phone, she wouldn't have acted like he was a stranger.

Good point. But if the party was very large she didn’t necessarily see or notice every single guest. Also it was dark out so...
I still wonder though if the guests were questioned? Especially since Rob wasn’t cleared as a suspect right away which would mean LE didn’t take his story as the gospel truth. Nowadays most certainly LE would analyze Angie’s movements prior to her disappearance with a fine-toothed comb.

Small town Missouri-I am thinking it was a small gathering. Are cops even still working this case?

Small town Missouri-I am thinking it was a small gathering. Are cops even still working this case?

You are likely correct, small town small party. I am trying to come up with a theory that might yield suspects... something to go off of.
But as far fetched, statistically speaking, as the stranger in the truck story is, I believe it to be mostly true.

That’s the same question I have. Are cops still working the case? Is it still being properly investigated?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13