MO MO - Angela Hammond, 20, Clinton, 4 Apr 1991

There is no known (to me) evidence of that -- just the idea that there was a lot of missing/murdered victims in that area (within 100 miles of Springfield) over the years that would encompass these two (aged 58 and 56) being POSSIBLE perps.

I could see that especially the guy with glasses and long hair totally but will have to wait and see.

Reactions: ?!?
So I’m still looking into this case and they said it was a case of mistaken identity due to a narcotics operation in the early 90s i tried to search for more about This operation in old newspaper articles here is one i found i believe this is what they might have been talking about related to Angie’s abduction

Attachments

• 3AD432B1-38A5-4E0A-BFA0-F5D8BCF44D8B.png
    3AD432B1-38A5-4E0A-BFA0-F5D8BCF44D8B.png
    312.5 KB · Views: 38
  • B63CEE75-CF19-48A6-B10C-668EB007E5F2.png
    B63CEE75-CF19-48A6-B10C-668EB007E5F2.png
    290.3 KB · Views: 27
31 years ago today Angela was abducted and still hasn’t been found it’s time for someone to speak up her family and Rob Shaffer deserve answers already.

If you or someone you know has any information about this case then call the Clinton Police Department immediately at 660-885-2679

This Angela Hammond case is especially sad, given that her bf tried to rescue her and had to give up due to his car dying.

It's strange that they haven't at least found the body of AH, given that - unfortunately - she's almost certainly passed on.

I don't think the bf had anything to do with this. His stating that Angela saw someone suspicious while talking on the pay phone with him makes sense. The kidnapper probably didn't need to use the phone at all, but just stopped there & pretended that he needed to, so he could put Angela off guard & then abduct her....the bf having heard him say something like "I didn't need to use the phone, anyway" adds credence to this. This happened late at night in a small town - when there were probably not a lot of others around to witness this.

I suspect the kidnapper was a drifter who didn't live in the area, but this is just sheer speculation on my part.

Like a lot of the old UM segments, this one is also especially nostalgic. In this specific case, it's due to the importance a pay phone/phone booth plays in the segment. I don't think I've seen a working pay phone anywhere since around 2002.

On April 4, 1991, a woman by the name of Angela “Angie” Hammond went missing, leaving the community rattled. Hammond had just graduated from Montrose High School. She was popular and well-known in Clinton, Missouri. She was also four months pregnant and engaged.

A 2010 episode of Unsolved Mysteries was about the case. Eleven years later, Clinton Police posted an update on its Facebook page involving Hammond’s disappearance. They shared new evidence, including a strange letter sent the day of the abduction.

Clinton, Missouri, is a quiet town in the middle of the United States. In comparison to the big city, the peaceful area felt safer from crime in 1991. But that feeling of safety was shattered when a popular young woman went missing and may have been killed.

Angela Hammond and her boyfriend, Rob Shafer, got engaged after they found out that she was pregnant. He promised he would always take care of her.

On April 4, 1991, Hammond dropped Shafer off at his parents’ house, so he could watch his little brother. Hammond had plans to call Shafer later and meet up.

A confidential informant’s testimony in court was a key part of stopping a big illegal drug operation. Police say that when the identity of the informant was revealed during the case, he got a letter with cut-and-paste characters. It looked like a ransom note from a kidnapping movie. The Facebook post had a copy of the odd letter with the wife’s name and the confidential informant number, which have been blacked out to protect their privacy.

The note addresses the informant by the number that was given to him to keep his identity secret

On April 4, 1991, a woman by the name of Angela “Angie” Hammond went missing, leaving the community rattled. Hammond had just graduated from Montrose High School. She was popular and well-known in Clinton, Missouri. She was also four months pregnant and engaged.

A 2010 episode of Unsolved Mysteries was about the case. Eleven years later, Clinton Police posted an update on its Facebook page involving Hammond’s disappearance. They shared new evidence, including a strange letter sent the day of the abduction.

Clinton, Missouri, is a quiet town in the middle of the United States. In comparison to the big city, the peaceful area felt safer from crime in 1991. But that feeling of safety was shattered when a popular young woman went missing and may have been killed.

Angela Hammond and her boyfriend, Rob Shafer, got engaged after they found out that she was pregnant. He promised he would always take care of her.

On April 4, 1991, Hammond dropped Shafer off at his parents’ house, so he could watch his little brother. Hammond had plans to call Shafer later and meet up.

A confidential informant’s testimony in court was a key part of stopping a big illegal drug operation. Police say that when the identity of the informant was revealed during the case, he got a letter with cut-and-paste characters. It looked like a ransom note from a kidnapping movie. The Facebook post had a copy of the odd letter with the wife’s name and the confidential informant number, which have been blacked out to protect their privacy.

The note addresses the informant by the number that was given to him to keep his identity secret
If they believe the letter came from someone in the drug biz who was seeking revenge against an informant, that's the direction LE should go. Even if it was a tragic case of mistaken identity, the informant who testified in the trial that set off the revenge murder would still know the names of those connected to that drug dealer. LE who handled the drug case over by the LOTO knew all the players involved in that drug ring. I assume they still do.

So many unsolved, missing women over in that area, with local LE seeming clueless. Still happening.

Does anyone get the impression that the letter writer might be a blue collar female? ie ''We know where your foxy daughter is at (sic) '' speculation, fwiw, imo.
''The informant received the letter on the same night Angela disappeared. The case remains unsolved but police are still considering several leads.''
Angela Hammond

Angela Hammond who went missing 32 years ago (Image: KY3)
The car the authorities thought had taken Angela Hammond

Angela Hammond: Vehicle authorities believe took the victim (Image: KCTV5)

Clinton Police more then likely know who took Angela but i wonder if they ever looked into David Zink he was executed in 2015 for kidnapping 19 year old Amanda Morton from

Strafford Missouri in July 2001 when he abducted her off the side of the road after a Fender Bender he then raped and murdered her near Appleton City which is in St Clair County which is the county next to Clinton. Just a thought given the nature of the both crimes. Zink would’ve been 30 or 31 at the time of Angela abduction and was living in Missouri at that time.​

Does anyone know the address/location of where the phone booth was? I’d love to see what the actual location looks like on Google Maps. I’m sure some things have changed since 1991, but I am curious.

Does anyone know the address/location of where the phone booth was? I’d love to see what the actual location looks like on Google Maps. I’m sure some things have changed since 1991, but I am curious.
210 S. Second St., Clinton

The Voices For Justice Podcast just released an episode about Angela's Disappearance.

Angela Marie Hammond was 20 years old and four months pregnant when she called her fiancé’ Rob Shafer, from a pay phone in Clinton, Missouri, on April 4, 1991. He was babysitting his younger brother at his mother’s house. Angela was calling to cancel their plans for later that night, she was just too tired to stay out. She planned on heading to their shared home after the call. While speaking with Rob on the phone, a man approached Angela. She gave Rob a description of the man and his vehicle, and they resumed their conversation.

Then Rob hears Angela scream, and he assumes the receiver of the phone, hitting the side of the booth. Rob races to the location of the payphone and sees Angela and the man driving in the opposite direction. He slams on his brakes, puts his vehicle in reverse, and chases them for about two miles before his transmission fails and he loses them. Over the years, few credible leads have emerged in Angela’s case, but thirty years later, investigators say the largest clue may have been right in front of them since day one.

Angela is white with brown eyes and light brown hair, is 4’11”, and weighed approximately 140 pounds at the time of her disappearance. She was last seen wearing a white shirt with black spots, black slacks, and tennis shoes. As of recording this episode,
Angela would now be in her 50s, and her child would be in their 30s.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Angela Hammond is asked to contact the Clinton Police Department at 660-885-2679.

Anyone with information about the disappearance of Cheryl Ann Kenney is asked to contact the Nevada Police Department at 417-448-5100.

Listen to the case of The Springfield Three – Podcast | Voices for Justice

It didn't take long for convicted killer and rapist Jess Rush to find himself behind bars again.

Rush spent decades in prison for the abduction, sexual assault and murder of Mack's Creek convenience store clerk Trudy Darby, a brutal 1991 crime north of Springfield that shook much of the Ozarks.

Rush and his half-brother and accomplice, Marvin Chaney, have also been linked to the disappearances and murders of at least two other Missouri women, but were never formally charged.

Thirteen months after being paroled, the 48-year-old was in police custody. Rush was sentenced to life in prison but was released in 2022 due to a Missouri Supreme Court ruling.

Jess Rush was booked into Polk County Jail on Oct. 6.

• Angry
Reactions: ?!?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther