FL - Jennifer Kesse, 24, Orlando, 24 Jan 2006 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have followed this case, as have others, since week one.
I have been reviewing Jenn's case here at W/S and I noticed you--right there on thread one. :)

Never ever did I hear of a knock on the door.

I'm not suggesting it didn't happen but since it is in the public domain LE might like to confirm there was a knock on the door.
What have they or anyone else got to lose?

People wonder why this case hasn't been solved. Amongst other things it's starting to resemble a game of hide and seek.
Maybe even a battle of egos? I dunno, though. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm shocked over the break-in of Mr Kesse's vehicle at the most recent pressor and how he was treated.

Anyone who has followed even a few cases realizes that perpetrators often show up at such things. Law enforcement certainly realizes such.

It's eery, what was stolen.

Maybe there was nothing to it, but I wish it would been looked into.

Snipped quote: “It happened with the cops and the press right there,” he said. “A cellphone, wallet, credit cards, and money were gone. To top it, we waited around an hour and 53 minutes after we’d called police and they never showed up. I called them back and said, ‘I guess you just don’t really want to help the Kesses today. We’re leaving. Bye.’”
http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/...with-florida-cops_us_5a666abce4b002283005d58b

If the knock on the door came when she was in bed, speaking to BF, why isn't the bed turned down in the photos? It is made and with folded cloths on it IIRC.
I believe the photos were a re-creation, so that might be why. I've always wondered about that, though.

It may have been a neighbor, and he or she is then the last person to see her alive.
That would certainly put even an innocent person in a situation they would not want to find themselves, wouldn't it?

Or did someone knock the next morning, but who would have known that? She didn't speak to anyone in the a.m. So we go back to when was the knock? or was it a different day? And it became part to this theory.
Mr. Kesse seems confident it was the evening of the 23rd, but that is all he shares.

If there is more, I hope someone links it for us.

I made a transcript from both podcasts of what was said. I don't think there are any errors in the transcript, but if there is, I am responsible.

Mr. Kesse gave no time; he did not indicate with whom Jennifer was speaking.

Please listen to the podcast and hear it for yourself.

At about 9 minutes in:

Mr. Kesse: Now there was a knock on her door that Monday night and she believed it was her neighbor upstairs. It was a guy. She didn’t answer it.
https://audioboom.com/posts/6396347-unit-2226

Clearly in this follow up podcast, Shaun is replying to a voice mail. But notice when he mentions assumptions.

Please take a moment to listen for yourself--and maybe also to the actual voice mail Shaun is responding to (for a good example of how rumors get started).

At about 5:54 minutes in:

Shaun: The knock on the door is certainly one of the interesting pieces of information that came out of last episode.

And up front, I’m not clear on exactly how Drew Kesse knows that the neighbor knocked on her door that night; or even what time it happened. I haven’t had a chance to follow up with him on those questions yet.

And in fact the first time I’m hearing this question right now—your voice mail—is as I’m recording this episode.

So, I think though, you bring up a good point. If we make the assumption that her boyfriend was on the phone with her when the knock occurred it is not outside the realm of possibility that if it was someone like you mentioned—maybe her [redacted] or someone else--that she could have brushed it off with him as just a neighbor.

Based on my conversations, I’m under the impression that this neighbor was talked to and there was an explanation. However, an impression certainly isn’t fact. And I’m struggling to put into words exactly why I have that impression.

So at this point, I think you make a good point; but we still need to follow up on it before I can really give a full answer that I feel comfortable with.

https://audioboom.com/posts/6418212-sidebar-10-22-17

Mr Kesse : "It was a guy ". Well, that's interesting. Did JK speak to the person who was knocking at the door ? If so, she would have said for sure that it was her neighbor. Also, it would be great if Mr. Kesse could elaborate about the person knocking at her door that night. Who told him this ?

Trying to picture a scenario where the late evening knock at the door , could link to the morning abduction?

Such a strange case, this is, The three most important pieces of info :the person parking JK's car, the knock on her door the night before she disappeared, and the phones being disabled at around 10 pm ish that night, are all either subject to being possibly not true or, in the case of the person who parked the car, not really identifiable. Does anyone know where the info about the phones being disabled came from ? And/or why it is now maybe not valid info ? tia to anyone who knows.

For me the stand out things are , (if true)

1. Person drinking night before in bar nearby.
2. Knock at door night before.
3. Colleague hours late for work , on day of disappearance.
4. Workman saying jen was happy for him to work unsupervised in her flat , and he would lock up?

It is said three things solve crimes:

Physical Evidence
Witnesses
Confessions

Without one of the first two it is very difficult to get the last one on the list.

When push comes to shove the investigation into this case is in trouble because all three on the list are missing.

It is said three things solve crimes:

Physical Evidence
Witnesses
Confessions

Without one of the first two it is very difficult to get the last one on the list.

When push comes to shove the investigation into this case is in trouble because all three on the list are missing.
I am SO afraid you are right!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Such a strange case, this is, The three most important pieces of info :the person parking JK's car, the knock on her door the night before she disappeared, and the phones being disabled at around 10 pm ish that night, are all either subject to being possibly not true or, in the case of the person who parked the car, not really identifiable. Does anyone know where the info about the phones being disabled came from ? And/or why it is now maybe not valid info ? tia to anyone who knows.

It came and went with Drew Kesse. In 2014 or so on the Kesse website for Jennifer (a link to the specific page doesn't work over time as the posts shift from page to page as more posts added) Kesse gave very specific technical information about both phones being disabled at 10:40pm. I've quoted it here a couple of times and was discussed extensively late last year here. Any discussion involving cell phones and batteries is an experience.

Then in one of those recent video interviews, also discussed late last year, the Kesses seem to disavow what Kesse wrote. Nothing is clear about why they gave it any credence or why they're no longer giving it any credence, if indeed they aren't. Just a mumbled disavowal replacing a highly technical post.

Do with that what you will. Good luck.

It came and went with Drew Kesse. In 2014 or so on the Kesse website for Jennifer (a link to the specific page doesn't work over time as the posts shift from page to page as more posts added) Kesse gave very specific technical information about both phones being disabled at 10:40pm. I've quoted it here a couple of times and was discussed extensively late last year here. Any discussion involving cell phones and batteries is an experience.

Then in one of those recent video interviews, also discussed late last year, the Kesses seem to disavow what Kesse wrote. Nothing is clear about why they gave it any credence or why they're no longer giving it any credence, if indeed they aren't. Just a mumbled disavowal replacing a highly technical post.

On the podcast, Mr. Kesse explained that the OPD brought in a Verizon expert that examined the ping patterns. Unfortunately, the Verizon ping expert said that the ping patterns were not reliable in 2006 and really meant nothing, which rendered that part of the investigation useless.

Thanks. It kind of illustrates what I meant by how strange this case is. I would be interested to know if JK texted a lot. Also, did she have a laptop, and/or a pc at the condo ? Did she do any social media/chatrooms ?

Thanks. It kind of illustrates what I meant by how strange this case is. I would be interested to know if JK texted a lot. Also, did she have a laptop, and/or a pc at the condo ? Did she do any social media/chatrooms ?

Mr. Kesse brought out the point that Facebook was not in existence in 2006 and Google may have been in it's infancy. He said that texting was new and that the letters still were shared with the numbers to text. LOL I forget that the things we enjoy today are still relatively new, seems like it has always been. I wonder if Facebook, texting, Google Earth, etc. were in existence in 2006, how fast Jennifer would have been found.

Mr. Kesse brought out the point that Facebook was not in existence in 2006 and Google may have been in it's infancy. He said that texting was new and that the letters still were shared with the numbers to text. LOL I forget that the things we enjoy today are still relatively new, seems like it has always been. I wonder if Facebook, texting, Google Earth, etc. were in existence in 2006, how fast Jennifer would have been found.
In January of 2006, Facebook had not yet eclipsed Myspace, but it did exist; it launched in 2004.

I just read the other day that the average text user sent almost 50 texts per month in 2005/2006. I wonder if JK had a laptop/pc. Chatrooms and emails were very active around the year she disappeared. had wondered if she lied to communicate like that...

In January of 2006, Facebook had not yet eclipsed Myspace, but it did exist; it launched in 2004.

My sons/daughter all had accounts in 2004. It was popular almost from the very start.

I thought you had to be a verified student to join Facebook way back then...
Yes, I joined in 2004 and you had to use your .edu email address. I'm the beginning not every school was on there. I joined and had to wait months for some of my friends at other schools to be able to join.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Given the supposed lack of effort, or at least a lack of documentation, on the part of the original detectives I wonder how many tips were not followed up on in the first 6 months to a year. I'm also wondering how successful OPD will be by keeping the same detective on the case that has been on the case since at least 10 year mark and maybe longer. Instead of a fresh set of eyes. What is it they say, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

On the podcast, Mr. Kesse explained that the OPD brought in a Verizon expert that examined the ping patterns. Unfortunately, the Verizon ping expert said that the ping patterns were not reliable in 2006 and really meant nothing, which rendered that part of the investigation useless.

Thank you for this info, wpaylor. First I've seen anything definitive on that, and helpful.

Having said that, I'm a graybeard computer type and done a lot of communications programming in my time. While I haven't dealt with cell tower ping programming, I'm comfortable with what's going on with it having researched this several times.

I've read Drew Kesse commenting on this and saying that pretty directly, and I've commented before on it but bears repeating here. The "not reliable" thing is not relevant, and as far as I'm concerned is probably still "not reliable" the way Kesse is thinking of it. What he is going on about is this notion that a cell tower in contact with a cell phone is not always the closest cell tower to the phone. That is known, has always been known, and cell tower pings were never a guarantee of location of the phone. That isn't the issue at all, although of course any clue as to whereabouts is helpful.

Drew referenced this with his "a phone can't be in two places at once" comment, I believe in that technical post. I've explained repeatedly in posts that a cell phone can jump from contact with one tower to another and maybe back, and maybe back quickly, especially when moving. If a signal is blocked or weakened due to structures a tower further away may be strongest signal, and then when closest tower's signal regains strength may become controlling tower again.

This is not a big deal at all, and is actually helpful as it provides triangulation information as to what part of cell tower area phone was in when switching back and forth. Lemonade should have been made out of this, and instead you have this silly stuff.

Moreover, the only important thing is when did activity from each of these phones stop? When were they last heard from, anywhere?

Now someone who knows something about the data may say "well, there was no data, and it's probably because pings were that reliable in 2006" yada yada, which could be blah blah blah stuff that amounts to we have no stinkin data. Fine, whatever, just out with it.

On the other hand the "two places" comment implied there was some data, and the question is when activity stop for each phone? That doesn't guarantee that the phone wasn't still on and ping data no longer available, but it does say how long the phones were active. Geez, this is 101 stuff. I shouldn't have to post stuff like this for OPD/Verizon whatever.

Now unless an amateur blogger was making up some wild stories for Kesse, the both phones stopping at 10:40 pm is really specific stuff. The "not reliable" stuff is pure silliness. We're not talking about pseudo pseudo GPS (because there is actually pseudo GPS), we're talking about how long were the phones active that we know of.

That is all. Quit making excuses OPD and get with the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard