Identified! WA - Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #6 *name withheld*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine are from La Plata County (Durango), just south of Mesa. Don't think there's a connection, but...

Same here. I’m Irish!!! ☘️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here. I’m Irish!!! [emoji891]️

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm not sure what we are. The family name is Cole. He was from Indiana. His wife was from Durango we think. She died when their eight(?) children were quite young; they were divided up among other relatives to be raised and they lost track of each other.

In the only picture I've seen of her, she looked like she could be hispanic or mixed. But my grandfather had light brown hair and blue eyes.

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Taltos, your perseverance will eventually pay off. I found my six cousins after 40 years...not easy, and the results are always different than what we imagine but rewarding in its own way.

Forgive me if this question has already been asked, but how old would your brother be today?

Thank you so much Remi_Aventura!

I am so happy for you that you found your cousins!

my brother is now 52.

I certainly agree about it not being easy to find estranged family and not meeting expectations. I am therefore trying to minimize mine..

my dna kit arrived so sending it out into the world today and crossing my fingers!!

my brother is now 52.

I certainly agree about it not being easy to find estranged family and not meeting expectations. I am therefore trying to minimize mine..

my dna kit arrived so sending it out into the world today and crossing my fingers!!

Good luck!

My grandfather might have known your great-grandfather [emoji16]

Very interesting carbuff..

ancestral greetings to you and yours..

My great grand father was a Trujillo..

small connected world isn't it?

I'm not sure what we are. The family name is Cole. He was from Indiana. His wife was from Durango we think. She died when their eight(?) children were quite young; they were divided up among other relatives to be raised and they lost track of each other.

In the only picture I've seen of her, she looked like she could be hispanic or mixed. But my grandfather had light brown hair and blue eyes.

Dang carbuff..

My mom and grandmother were born in Durango.

Ancestrally we lived in Rio Arriba county primarily though not exclusively for a very long time.

My great grandfather also had lighter hair and blue eyes I think.

He was a very handsome man my shepherding great grandfather!

My genizaro ancestors have a peculiar trait. They are usually born with dark eyes that turn blue in mid life.

Mine are hazel but I have a blue eyed Irish father.

This is unbelievably exciting!

Taltos- I believe you. I got tears in my eyes reading your posts, the same way I did with Jason Callahan (Grateful Doe).

Do you have pics of your family that you’re willing to share? I’m really intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Aww thanks CD82 :)

I am emotional after my posts on here and feeling a tad exposed for the decisions made by family before I was born that I have shared here.

I will consider sharing pics of deceased folk such as my great grandfather and other ancient ones, but fear he is VERY recognizable in NM DNA circles, it seems given the extensive research on his pedigree.
When I look at the created pedigree by unknown extended families I think dang! who aren't I related to..

my main concern is anger from extended family should any happen upon this thread and think me family traitor of dark secrets, but I have already shared much and need closure as does Lyle.

Im such a silly newb I need to figure out how to use the posting tools better I also must confess..

So..

if courage and mastery of computer skills win out, I will post some awesome ancient pics but need to mull it over..

Sorry if this has been asked. Did someone contact you about this possible connection to Lyle?

No Babyslims.

I have followed his case for about a decade now but got indescribable chills when his DNA info came out this year.

We share similar DNA from the same area of ancestry. My family circumstances are such that it is possible we are related with a logical reason for him not being missed if he happens to be related.

Very interesting carbuff..

ancestral greetings to you and yours..

My great grand father was a Trujillo..

small connected world isn't it?

Here’s a weird and off-the-wall question because my curiosity is piqued! Are you any relation to Robert Trujillo, the current bassist with for the rock band Metallica? He was born in Santa Monica, California!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Trujillo

This is unbelievably exciting!

Taltos- I believe you. I got tears in my eyes reading your posts, the same way I did with Jason Callahan (Grateful Doe).

Do you have pics of your family that you’re willing to share? I’m really intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Aww thanks CD82 :)

I am emotional after my posts on here and feeling a tad exposed for the decisions made by family before I was born that I have shared here.

I will consider sharing pics of deceased folk such as my great grandfather and other ancient ones, but fear he is VERY recognizable in NM DNA circles, it seems given the extensive research on his pedigree.
When I look at the created pedigree by unknown extended families I think dang! who aren't I related to..

my main concern is anger from extended family should any happen upon this thread and think me family traitor of dark secrets, but I have already shared much and need closure as does Lyle.

Im such a silly newb I need to figure out how to use the posting tools better I also must confess..

So..

if courage and mastery of computer skills win out, I will post some awesome ancient pics but need to mull it over..

Don't do anything you aren't comfortable with. It can be very intimidating and while we're somewhat sheltered here in the safe place Trish has made for us, it's still part of the real world and there can be real world consequences.

I missed the part about your aunt that's done DNA. Ask her to upload to GEDmatch, give her my family tree and DNA link at city-data where she can read without joining. She would have to be a member to see my thread here

Sorry my grandson has been sick, taking up a lot of my time. Yes we found my brother in 2004 on an adoption registry. It was nice to finally know what he looked like. He was given up in the same state I live in, wasn't that much older then us. I wondered if he was someone I had met or dated. Turns out he lived 10 miles from us, actually knew who I was from where I worked. He'd driven by and seen me. I know how freaked out you are after seeing the article about Lyles ethnicity

My aunt is an estranged aunt I re met at my grandmothers funeral recently. It will take some time to track her down. I met TONS of family and it was discussed after they left to Idaho that one of the daughters and I share an interest in genealogy.

I too always wondered about dating my brother lol! Certainly had me worried..
I have been mostly in relationship so not as stressed as my sister was about it, but we did indeed discuss this possibility!

how uncanny you knew each other, eh?

Wow, taltos! Yes, this scenario makes it much easier to understand why and how a child would fall through the cracks. I’m so sorry, taltos. You deserve to know who your brother is. I hope and pray you find out soon.

Thank you Eu Tu Croquet :)

I have loved and longed for him for decades :(

I was indeed shocked to discover how recently slavery still existed in this culture, or that it was widespread practice :( After reading about genizaros last year my heart broke even more for my mother and our families as I pondered what exactly they endured and gained an understanding into my family that resulted in forgiveness of them on my end and explained my ancestral pain. It may sound VERY weird, but I think it possible that we harbor ancestral memories encoded in our DNA too.
I have been tormented about my family as long as I can remember, and reading through the pedigrees online seems to trigger memories for me of a hazy inexplicable sort. I hope I'm not crazy lol , but what if memories are stored in our DNa map and we don't know it yet? I digress lol.. But enquiring minds ask non traditional questions aye?

my brother is now 52.

So if Lyle is your brother, that would mean he was 35 when he died. Anythings possible I suppose, but I feel like Lyle was in his 20s in 2001. JMO

Good luck with the dna kit [emoji4] keep us posted!

Thank you Eu Tu Croquet :)

I have loved and longed for him for decades :(

I was indeed shocked to discover how recently slavery still existed in this culture, or that it was widespread practice :( After reading about genizaros last year my heart broke even more for my mother and our families as I pondered what exactly they endured and gained an understanding into my family that resulted in forgiveness of them on my end and explained my ancestral pain. It may sound VERY weird, but I think it possible that we harbor ancestral memories encoded in our DNA too.
I have been tormented about my family as long as I can remember, and reading through the pedigrees online seems to trigger memories for me of a hazy inexplicable sort. I hope I'm not crazy lol , but what if memories are stored in our DNa map and we don't know it yet? I digress lol.. But enquiring minds ask non traditional questions aye?
rbbm.
Hi Taltos, been following your story and wish you the best, have to say your theory about storing memory within our dna has been a concept that i always believed in and thought i was alone in that thinking, hey maybe we are related too, jk!

Here’s a weird and off-the-wall question because my curiosity is piqued! Are you any relation to Robert Trujillo, the current bassist with for the rock band Metallica? He was born in Santa Monica, California!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Trujillo

Not that I'm aware of but I am submitting my DNA kit today to find out the extent of my traceable ancestry.
We are Trujillos from Abique NM which is the exotic DNA Trujillo hotspot I believe..

<modsnip>

rbbm.
Hi Taltos, been following your story and wish you the best, have to say your theory about storing memory within our dna has been a concept that i always believed in and thought i was alone in that thinking, hey maybe we are related too, jk!

Hello dotr :)

You are very kind and I thank you :)

I'm glad I'm not alone in my theory either it seems plausible for sure!

you never know about relatedness ;-). Anything is possible..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa