Identified! WA - Male: "Lyle Stevik", Grays Harbor, 17 Sept 2001 - #6 *name withheld*

Discussion in 'Lyle Stevik' started by KateB, May 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Thanks for sharing your experiences as well as tips and insight roselvr :)

My mother was coerced into giving up her beautiful son too to Catholic community Services in the late1960's.

They claim not to know where his records are :(

adoption registries ( we registered over 20 years ago ) claim we haven't registered.

It has been harder than expected to find him and time ticks by :(

and yes, how to be taken seriously if one claims missing status with the initial adoption as the only reason in the minds eye of le..

i am so excited to submit DNA finally!!

2. Taltos

Taltos New Member

My brother was adopted out in Utah roselvr, but my mother was told months after the adoption he may have been relocated to another state.

3. Taltos

Taltos New Member

It sounds like you found him roselvr and that is very wonderful!!

4. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Can't figure out how to quote your original quote about genizaros et tu croquet ( I didn't want to quote your bump/recent post I wanted to quote the one with links..., anyway...)

Slavery was common in all honesty :(:(

My mother was sold as a slave TWICE !! By her mother :(

This happened because she had her first child out of wedlock and that was VERY unacceptable and covered by whatever means were available in NM in the 1940's :(

My grandfather bought her back both times and hid her out of NM, giving her back when they relocated elsewhere.

This obviously has caused lifelong problems for my mother and her psyche :(

Given cultural tendency, It is easy to see how Lyle could slip through the cracks and remain unclaimed isn't it?

5. Taltos

Taltos New Member

Ironically I too found myself in these circumstances at 19. My family tried to get me to give up my child too!!

Catholic marriage is a big deal in this culture !!

My bf and I ran away and said no way will we do this!!

I was so ANGRY at my family for all of this multigenerational pain that I refused to talk to the whole group for almost 30 years :(

I made peace in my own psyche this year and chose to open my heart to my extended family given the passage of many years.

I am glad I did this but it is a very intense space to be in if I'm honest..

6. Taltos

Taltos New Member

I remain the ONLY family member willing to look for my brother. My partner and I have tried hard to find him

7. Remi_Aventura

Remi_Aventura Member

Taltos, your perseverance will eventually pay off. I found my six cousins after 40 years...not easy, and the results are always different than what we imagine but rewarding in its own way.

Forgive me if this question has already been asked, but how old would your brother be today?

8. carbuff

carbuff Well-Known Member

My grandfather might have known your great-grandfather [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

9. Coppertop15

Coppertop15 Well-Known Member

Good luck, Taltos!

10. rats

rats Where is Justice for the Jane and John Does?

All these Lyle updates from DNA Doe have me so excited!

11. Roselvr

Roselvr Ask me how to get your loved one in NamUs

Gonna PM you with info.

12. CD82

CD82 Active Member

This is unbelievably exciting!

Taltos- I believe you. I got tears in my eyes reading your posts, the same way I did with Jason Callahan (Grateful Doe).

Do you have pics of your family that you’re willing to share? I’m really intrigued!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Babyslims

Babyslims New Member

Sorry if this has been asked. Did someone contact you about this possible connection to Lyle?

14. Roselvr

I missed the part about your aunt that's done DNA. Ask her to upload to GEDmatch, give her my family tree and DNA link at city-data where she can read without joining. She would have to be a member to see my thread here

Sorry my grandson has been sick, taking up a lot of my time. Yes we found my brother in 2004 on an adoption registry. It was nice to finally know what he looked like. He was given up in the same state I live in, wasn't that much older then us. I wondered if he was someone I had met or dated. Turns out he lived 10 miles from us, actually knew who I was from where I worked. He'd driven by and seen me. I know how freaked out you are after seeing the article about Lyles ethnicity

15. EuTuCroquet?

EuTuCroquet? “What's happening to my special purpose!?”

Wow, taltos! Yes, this scenario makes it much easier to understand why and how a child would fall through the cracks. I’m so sorry, taltos. You deserve to know who your brother is. I hope and pray you find out soon.

16. Roselvr

This was just posted in Lyles FB group by outofthedark
    LE will allow Lyles family to choose whether they share his name since no come was committed

https://youtu.be/KltGSYQRrDw

17. Two for the road

Two for the road Well-Known Member

I think that is for the best because a) his manner of death and b) look what happened to the other DNA Doe Project's case when their family members came forward with an ID. As nice as it would be to get a name and maybe a picture of what dear Lyle looked like in life, we are not entitled to that.

18. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

DDP update

DDP was interviewed today for a segment on the Lyle Stevik case which aired on KRQE News 13 Albuquerque. The hope is that this will generate leads in the area where we believe Lyle’s family may have come from.

We have narrowed the geographic focus to a few specific counties, based on where ancestors of his closest matches have resided. This does NOT mean Lyle necessarily lived in any of these locations. But some of his grandparents may have. Even more likely that a few of his great-grandparents did.

The counties are:

• Rio Arriba Co, NM (a real hotspot for ancestral origins)
    • Taos Co, NM
    • Las Animas Co, Colorado
    • Huerfano Co, Colorado
    • Pueblo Co, Colorado
    • San Juan Co, Utah
    • Silver Bow Co, Montana
    • Mesa Co, Colorado

Most of the families we found in these other states trace back to NM in the past, usually to Rio Arriba County

19. CD82

CD82 Active Member

My great grandparents were from Pueblo. Interesting list!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. folieadeuxnola

folieadeuxnola Miami-Dade Jane Doe - 1979

Just looking at the Native American tribal maps for NM & CO his NA heritage may have been Apache rather cool ..
    Tulessa may very well be interested in this ...... she is of NA heritage and from what I recall well connected with the NA communities.

New Mexico
    nmexico.jpg
    Colorado
    colorado.jpg
    Montana
    montana.jpg
    Utah
    utah.jpg

So excited to see updates from DDP :happydance:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.