Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is odd. I've never seen a message saying "you have no alerts". I can view all my past alerts. I wonder if it had to do with the China spam? The mods deleted all of that so if you got an alert about it maybe the alert gets deleted too? (I'm just guessing, I have no idea!)

Not sure but my past Alerts are still in place.

It is just spam and it has all been taken care of. It doesn't have anything to do with the new software.

Well goodness ... thank you for an answer re those darned "Winner" ads. Had my brain been working I should have realized it was spam. But how does it get here, I wonder. Most likely because we're a public forum, but it strangely only happened to me on a tablet, never a PC.

Well goodness ... thank you for an answer re those darned "Winner" ads. Had my brain been working I should have realized it was spam. But how does it get here, I wonder. Most likely because we're a public forum, but it strangely only happened to me on a tablet, never a PC.

I was referring to the threads with the Chinese characters. Tricia will be looking into the "Winner" pop ups.

Hi Spellbound. Please remember to get a screenshot and email it to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Also tell me what you are using at the time of the "winner" pop up. I have a feeling it is an apple product. Could be wrong. :)

If you get a post deleted by a mod, do you get a naughty point? A recent post of mine has disappeared but I didn't think it was particularly naughty but perhaps politically insensitive....
If your post is deleted you will not get any automatic naughty points unless the deleted post violates our TOS.
Many time we have to delete a post because it quoted a post that was removed earlier or maybe it's off topic but not so bad that it warrants naughty points. You will get a message that pops up if you get a warning or points against your account for violating TOS. If your post is removed and you heard nothing about it then you are free and clear!

Hi Spellbound. Please remember to get a screenshot and email it to me at triciastruecrimeradio@gmail.com
Also tell me what you are using at the time of the "winner" pop up. I have a feeling it is an apple product. Could be wrong. :)

Maybe I wasn't clear... I alerted on another post (by another poster who was getting th e winning ads), I haven't had them in a long time now. But I will let you know should it happen in the future. Thanks for checking!

I was referring to the threads with the Chinese characters. Tricia will be looking into the "Winner" pop ups.

Oh! my misunderstanding ... but good to know, too. Thanks for your patience, Harmony2! Should we be reporting if it continues?

could a mod please respond to my question pg 5? thx

Which reminds me, a difficulty with this new site is there are no longer any numbers for the posts! I find that difficult in many situations were I share stuff, such as this right now that you have said. Will this be addressed? I would like to see post numbers.

For some reason my post reporting the Chinese threads this morning has been deleted.

Hmmm, I was doing my Likes and got an error message that I have No permission to perform/view the page. BUT ONLY on the ones that are describing China and Korea. This is weird. Can someone try to Like Shiressleuth and Tortoise post starting at 124 and let me know?
I don't see a post by Shire but I was able to "like" Tortoise's post 124.

Which reminds me, a difficulty with this new site is there are no longer any numbers for the posts! I find that difficult in many situations were I share stuff, such as this right now that you have said. Will this be addressed? I would like to see post numbers.
I'm seeing your post as #152 at the bottom. It even gives me a link to copy if, I click on the number.

If you are using a phone, turn your phone sideways and the post number shows at bottom right of the post. Other info shows too including some profile info on the left.

Harmonthopost: 14156020 said:
I used to get those on the old forum a lot and used to reboot after clearing caches, cookies, history. Now I am in the habit of doing it more often especially if my phone gets slow so I don't get them hardly at all now.

I'm seeing your post as #152 at the bottom. It even gives me a link to copy if, I click on the number.

That is so strange as I cannot see any post numbers which I always liked. You are referring to a post number but I cannot see them! I wonder why? See screenshot.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180611-165107.png
    Screenshot_20180611-165107.png
    154.6 KB · Views: 29
If you are using a phone, turn your phone sideways and the post number shows at bottom right of the post. Other info shows too including some profile info on the left.

Thanks! Lol.., there is no way I am going to view this site only seeing about four lines per screen! But you are correct, I can see that if I turn it sideways. Is there a way that I can minimize the font size like we used to be able to?

Can anybody explain what the "postings" tab on our profile page is showing? It seems to capture a few of our past posts but not the most recent ones...it is odd.

Also, I still find that the search box is not turning up threads that I know exist. I find I have to go on to Google type a case's name and the "websleuths" to get to a thread.

Also, it would be awesome if you could to link back to the 1st thread for "Welcome to websleuths" in the first post of this thread because maybe you covered some of these questions immediately after the re-launch :)

Can anybody explain what the "postings" tab on our profile page is showing? It seems to capture a few of our past posts but not the most recent ones...it is odd.

Also, I still find that the search box is not turning up threads that I know exist. I find I have to go on to Google type a case's name and the "websleuths" to get to a thread.

Also, it would be awesome if you could to link back to the 1st thread for "Welcome to websleuths" in the first post of this thread because maybe you covered some of these questions immediately after the re-launch :)
The search feature is completely broken. So Google is probably your best bet.

Here is the first thread:

Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members