GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was surprised they didn't call AS. IMO he could have shed a lot of light on the going ons at the hangar and why it was doomed to get off the ground due to DM's attitude. I'm sure he had many conversations with WM himself. MOO.
Tim Bosma murder suspect, Dellen Millard made surprising decision to dismantle family business
I was surprised they didn't call AS. IMO he could have shed a lot of light on the going ons at the hangar and why it was doomed to get off the ground due to DM's attitude. I'm sure he had many conversations with WM himself. MOO.
Tim Bosma murder suspect, Dellen Millard made surprising decision to dismantle family business
I like that lying liar who lie, not one person involved in any of the murders could be relied on to tell the truth.
He surrounded himself with people most of them pathological liars and that is who the crown had to deal with.
Thank god the crown got M1 convictions on the first two trials but don't know about the 3rd one, it does not look like it will be a M1 conviction.
MS and DM are also appealing the first two convictions.

I thought the Crown did a very good job at casting significant doubt on the idea that Wayne Millard was in a suicidal frame of mind. Among other things like clear future plans and the lack of a suicide note, every human with typical life experience knows that that a period of a new and growing love interest is among the most hopeful and happy times we ever experience. This case is either suicide, accident or murder - and the first two are pretty improbable.

-the rather telling text to MS afterwards.. seemingly thankful for having provided his alibi
-the only child's lack of emotion at his dad's death, let alone having been the one to find him
-the calling of other people (mom and AM for sure that we know of) and NOT 911 (how could he have been certain the man was dead, shouldn't he have been in somewhat of a hurry just in case there was a chance EMS could save him?)
-the leaving behind of his credit card for MS/MM's use
-the leaving behind of a second cellphone (it would be interesting to know if it was that cellphone from which the call was made to PizzaPizza?? was that determined during testimony??)
-the taking of a cab, but yet even if it was at the time when DM had his drivers license suspended, he was still said to have been driving (he drove MM/MS home the next day, presuming also that he drove his own vehicle to Maplegate, but not sure about that one)
-the only time ever, that DM had spent the night at MS's house, per MM's testimony - why that night?
-the too-many-details about trivial things during his police statement, but yet leaving out important details (such as.. oh, btw, that gun is mine, I'm sorry to say.. )
-the apparent repeated telling of WM's alcoholism to all of the EMS and police workers that night, seemingly wanting to ensure that this was put forward as a main consideration in the death (wouldn't he want to know first, by allowing officers to do their own jobs, if perhaps his dad may have been murdered by an intruder through the unlocked bedroom exterior door?)

Good list. And yes, if I found someone shot like that I'd think maybe someone came in an murdered them. If DM really had so little trust to some of the people he worked with, might he not think they might do something bad? Also this can't be factored in, but he had already killed LB by then, and yet didn't think LB's former boyfriend or someone else might have come for revenge?

I honestly feel the crown was given a budget to work with on this case, meaning no money for forensic experts. Seems like they got the cheapest expert available and threw him in there. These trials have cost taxpayers a fortune, he's already gonna be in jail for life, so why break the bank on this.

Because there are some ways to wiggle around the life sentence. I believe in most cases it is evaluated after 25 yrs if not sooner for good behaviour.

Too bad the judge rejected that testimony ..... cant blame her ...... as far as I am concerned the Crown and Sutherland did a very poor job presenting their evidence.

And they had plenty of time to prepare the case yet presented only a couple hours of evidence.

I'm really disappointed that AS was never called.. in this trial, or the TB trial.. I wonder why not?? It seems he would have had some interesting testimony in regard to DM's antics at the hangar, and lack of interest in the MRO, and non compliance in assisting with getting customers, etc... is it another issue of Crown budget? Is Mr. Sharif American, or is he simply residing in the USA? Would it make a difference if one of the Crown witnesses was American? I am imagining the cost of his travel and accommodation may have been prohibitive in any case? I sure would have loved to have heard what he had to say about WM's status, the relationship dynamics, and so many things.

"Things came to a head one day last November when Mr. Sharif, who lives in Austin, Texas, paid a visit to the new hangar and Dellen questioned him as to why no contracts were yet in place for the new Millardair aircraft maintenance and repair business."

Too bad the judge rejected that testimony ..... cant blame her ...... as far as I am concerned the Crown and Sutherland did a very poor job presenting their evidence.

And they had plenty of time to prepare the case yet presented only a couple hours of evidence.
I hate to agree that Sutherland did a poor job with his evidence. It's kind of like.. you count the til at the end of the day, or the petty cash, or whatever, and get perhaps an unexpected amount, so you recount, and get a different amount.. do again and it balances at the amount it is expected to be.. but unless it is double-checked, how does one know which count was the correct one. Surely he would have known he should have duplicated his test which hung the accused? Super disappointing. He's also a police officer, is he not? It's not even like he's just some guy who does testing. He knows the importance of proof and documenting and court presentation and etc. And yes, with so long to wait for trial, surely the Crown would have known there were issues with this and had plenty of time to do something about it? jmo.

edited to complete the incomplete thought.

Last edited:
I thought the Crown did a very good job at casting significant doubt on the idea that Wayne Millard was in a suicidal frame of mind. Among other things like clear future plans and the lack of a suicide note, every human with typical life experience knows that that a period of a new and growing love interest is among the most hopeful and happy times we ever experience. This case is either suicide, accident or murder - and the first two are pretty improbable.
Especially in this particular case, when the victim is wealthy and there is only one beneficiary - if suicide, surely WM would have thought at least to protect his son from potentially being charged with murder, considering the weapon used was his and it was an illegal one. That right there should put any question to bed. jmo.

I'm really disappointed that AS was never called.. in this trial, or the TB trial.. I wonder why not?? It seems he would have had some interesting testimony in regard to DM's antics at the hangar, and lack of interest in the MRO, and non compliance in assisting with getting customers, etc... is it another issue of Crown budget? Is Mr. Sharif American, or is he simply residing in the USA? Would it make a difference if one of the Crown witnesses was American? I am imagining the cost of his travel and accommodation may have been prohibitive in any case? I sure would have loved to have heard what he had to say about WM's status, the relationship dynamics, and so many things.

"Things came to a head one day last November when Mr. Sharif, who lives in Austin, Texas, paid a visit to the new hangar and Dellen questioned him as to why no contracts were yet in place for the new Millardair aircraft maintenance and repair business."

Geesh, that point should have been presented. Motive big time.

Good list. And yes, if I found someone shot like that I'd think maybe someone came in an murdered them. If DM really had so little trust to some of the people he worked with, might he not think they might do something bad? Also this can't be factored in, but he had already killed LB by then, and yet didn't think LB's former boyfriend or someone else might have come for revenge?
I was thinking along the lines of DM's expanding criminality.. stealing things from people and companies, dealing with drug dealers and gun selling 'gangstas'. Wouldn't the first thing an innocent person would think about, be.. omg I f'd with the wrong person and this hit was meant for me?? But right away, he and his dear mom yapping away about drinking.. YES, must've caused a throat explosion. :eek:

So DM will not be putting on a defence in the third and final murder trial of his killing spree. Interesting considering all the defence planning and scheming he was doing in those letters. So once again, he'll rely on the closing statement to weave his fairy tale, even though it is not admissible as evidence to be considered.

MOO
If the verdict was Guilty, I would think his time in prison would cause him more problems.
Yep, Karma working.
Even if the verdict is not guilty, all will know: so Karma still working.:D

Especially in this particular case, when the victim is wealthy and there is only one beneficiary - if suicide, surely WM would have thought at least to protect his son from potentially being charged with murder, considering the weapon used was his and it was an illegal one. That right there should put any question to bed. jmo.

I was thinking along the same lines the other day. It was said by several witnesses that WM was building up his business so that he would have something to pass along to DM one day. So why, when it is just getting off the ground (no pun intended lol), would WM hypothetically commit suicide? Not only would that possibly destroy all his hard work on the business being built for DM (as it seems WM knew DM wasn't as knowledgeable or motivated to get the company going) but also if WM had any life insurance, which I assume he did, it usually doesn't pay at all in the case of suicide. So the man (WM), who is trying to build a huge company for his son to inherit one day, just kills himself with no warning and leaves no note, potentially causing huge financial ruin for the company and DM by extension and also no life insurance for DM to receive. To kill himself with his own son's gun no less. So WM went from caring so deeply about setting up DM for success in life, to killing himself and leaving a massive disaster behind for DM instead?! Doesn't add up at all!!

I also made a mental note to myself a few weeks back when following this case that DM coming across his dead father and not calling 911 right away is very strange behavior. None of the police officers initally noticed the gun because of its location so presumably DM wouldn't have seen the gun either when he "found" his dad dead. If DM had noticed the gun and that is why he assumed suicide, why didn't he let the police know he saw it?!?

If I walked into my house and found a family member dead, blood on their pillow, (whether I thought they were suicidal or not) I would get out of the house, go back to my car and call 911. Imagine this, DM walks into the house after not hearing from his dad for a day or more, sees him in bed with blood on his face and pillow. No note or weapon or anything else in view. Just a dead person in bed. How is the first thought, "Oh he must have killed himself, I'll just call mom and my buddy and go sit outside for awhile. Mom can call 911 for me later."?!?!?!

This whole case stinks when it comes to DM's actions and lies. I have no worry about the judge coming to the correct verdict.

All MOO.

I was very uneasy about Sutherland's testimony, even more so after his cross examination. There were too many unknowns since he was just going off pictures from the scene, not even forensic pictures where measurements are obvious. And no other investigative details because an investigation wasn't done. It seemed like an appealable issue for sure. Apparently the judge felt the same way.

Speaking of appeals, if the judge rules not guilty, the Crown does have the option to appeal. But I doubt very much that will happen.

MOO

I hate to agree that Sutherland did a poor job with his evidence. It's kind of like.. you count the til at the end of the day, or the petty cash, or whatever, and get perhaps an unexpected amount, so you recount, and get a different amount.. do again and it balances at the amount it is expected to be.. but unless it is double-checked, how does one know which count was the correct one. Surely he would have known he should have duplicated his test which hung the accused? Super disappointing. He's also a police officer, is he not? It's not even like he's just some guy who does testing. He knows the importance of proof and documenting and court presentation and etc. And yes, with so long to wait for trial, surely the Crown would have known there were issues with this and had plenty of time to do something about it? jmo.

edited to complete the incomplete thought.

Not to mention, can't the police move ammunition across the border if they need to for something like this? Appears they didn't want to bother acquiring the same bullets just to eliminate that argument from the defence.

MOO

Not to mention, can't the police move ammunition across the border if they need to for something like this? Appears they didn't want to bother acquiring the same bullets just to eliminate that argument from the defence.

MOO
Yes.. at the time.. I was believing that the reason was because the said ammunition was illegal and would have had to have been purchased through illegal sources.. which, in that case, I really would understand.. but if it is in fact available at retail.. and was not purchased just because it's across the border, that is just utter ridiculousness. jmo

I was very uneasy about Sutherland's testimony, even more so after his cross examination. There were too many unknowns since he was just going off pictures from the scene, not even forensic pictures where measurements are obvious. And no other investigative details because an investigation wasn't done. It seemed like an appealable issue for sure. Apparently the judge felt the same way.

Speaking of appeals, if the judge rules not guilty, the Crown does have the option to appeal. But I doubt very much that will happen.

MOO
I doubt it too.. but in a way.. this case is even MORE important, because not only will a killer walk free, and a life be snuffed out without justice being brought, but the whole inheritance thing MATTERS. jmo

I was thinking along the same lines the other day. It was said by several witnesses that WM was building up his business so that he would have something to pass along to DM one day. So why, when it is just getting off the ground (no pun intended lol), would WM hypothetically commit suicide? Not only would that possibly destroy all his hard work on the business being built for DM (as it seems WM knew DM wasn't as knowledgeable or motivated to get the company going) but also if WM had any life insurance, which I assume he did, it usually doesn't pay at all in the case of suicide. So the man (WM), who is trying to build a huge company for his son to inherit one day, just kills himself with no warning and leaves no note, potentially causing huge financial ruin for the company and DM by extension and also no life insurance for DM to receive. To kill himself with his own son's gun no less. So WM went from caring so deeply about setting up DM for success in life, to killing himself and leaving a massive disaster behind for DM instead?! Doesn't add up at all!!

I also made a mental note to myself a few weeks back when following this case that DM coming across his dead father and not calling 911 right away is very strange behavior. None of the police officers initally noticed the gun because of its location so presumably DM wouldn't have seen the gun either when he "found" his dad dead. If DM had noticed the gun and that is why he assumed suicide, why didn't he let the police know he saw it?!?

If I walked into my house and found a family member dead, blood on their pillow, (whether I thought they were suicidal or not) I would get out of the house, go back to my car and call 911. Imagine this, DM walks into the house after not hearing from his dad for a day or more, sees him in bed with blood on his face and pillow. No note or weapon or anything else in view. Just a dead person in bed. How is the first thought, "Oh he must have killed himself, I'll just call mom and my buddy and go sit outside for awhile. Mom can call 911 for me later."?!?!?!

This whole case stinks when it comes to DM's actions and lies. I have no worry about the judge coming to the correct verdict.

All MOO.

One thing that’s important about the Canadian Justice system is the onus is upon the Prosecution to prove their case beyond reasonable doubt. The defendant isn’t required to prove their innocence nor is the judge allowed to speculate (ie because he did that, must mean that...).

If DM happens to be found Not Guilty, it does not necessarily prove he didn’t commit the murder. But in the eyes of the law, the reason would be that the Crown was unsuccessful in proving WM was indeed murdered, primarily because his death was not investigated as a suspicious death at the very onset.

All MOO.
Mental health 'experts' may say that a severely depressed, suicidal person, may not be thinking properly, or about the potential ramifications of suicide at that instant. That, to me, is why the phonecall, HOURS LONG, with his new love interest, is so important here. Basically he had just gotten off the phone with her, and during that call, there is no reason not to believe her when she said he was excited about planning her bday, and etc. A meeting was also held that very day, when things were all pulling together for the MRO (everything except for that oddball son of his). But even in the depths of depression.. he was an intelligent man presumably, surely he would have ensured his son would not be blamed for his suicide by at least leaving a note, even if only 3 words. 'can't go on'.. or SOMETHING. I do believe most life insurance does pay out for suicide, but usually it is stipulated that it won't pay out for suicide if it is done within a year or two of taking out the policy (which tends to suggest that possibly depressed, suicidal people CAN wait an extra minute or two to at least write a note?)... but I wonder if WM had fresh policies taken out in regard to most recent personal loans taken out for the MRO? Those, if any, may not have paid out? But even so, the man was wealthy even without any life insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member