GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
If she becomes a dr. I don't think she can get her license here because she has a criminal record. I don't know that to be fact but I read about it.
<rsbm>

Seems to be governed provincially (IMO probably roughly the same in most provinces).

Is it a Crime to Practice Medicine with a Criminal Record?

• It is not a crime in Ontario to practice medicine with a criminal record.
  • That being said, members of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario CPSO are asked each year by the college if they have been charged with or convicted of a criminal offence.

CPSO principles and policy re Criminal Record Screening

Policy
  1. As a requirement of registration all Ontario physicians must submit to a criminal record screen.
  2. The screen will be completed by running a criminal record check against the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) computerized database at the time of application for a certificate of registration in the province of Ontario, or by receipt of a valid letter of clearance based on a CPIC check conducted no longer than six months before the date of submission of application to the College.
  3. Criminal record screening is required in the following circumstances:
    1. For all applicants for a first-time certificate of registration, regardless of class of registration; and
    2. For CPSO members applying for a transfer in certificate class.
  4. Positive findings arising from the criminal record screen will be considered for further action by the College based on the following criteria;
    1. The time period of the conviction;
    2. The seriousness of the offence; and
    3. The relevance of the details of the offence to the practice of medicine.
  5. The cost of conducting the criminal record screen will be borne by the applicant.

Thank you for this as I had thought that a lack of fingerprints gave weight to murder. Helpful to know that it is equivocal. I think it is part of reasonable doubt for me now, but still on the guilty side. MOO

ETA - That is, I believe that DM is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Purely my opinion and perhaps it’s a harsh critique considering Sutherland used different bullets for his reconstruction (no matter, but if that had become allowable evidence I can imagine an expert called by the defence arguing different bullets aren’t the same).

But couldn’t the Crown have found an expert who was familiar with 32 caliber gun who might’ve testified fingerprints or DNA might ordinarily be more easily obtainable because of the wooden handle, or something like that? It just seems the Crown didn’t put a lot of effort into furthering circumstancial evidence into convincing evidence.

And about the pings near Maple Gate. How near is near? Where’s the nearest cell tower? Within blocks or miles away? Take DM out of the equation but any young man living in the neighbourhood....maybe he had an illicit date and nighttime fling with someone who lived nearby who he didn’t want to tell LE about, was he even under oath when he gave his statement way back then? Probably not, as he wasn’t a suspect. After he went back to MSs where his truck was left, to retrieve his cellphone and credit card and decided to crash. My only point is cellphone pings are not always incriminating evidence without other collabering eveidence and DM is not required to prove himself innocent.

JMO

But he had savvy enough to know that he needed to pay for the services of competent consultants to guide him, which he did, much to DM's seeming chagrin.

I think any successful business person would advise anyone thinking of starting their own company “You got to know the business first”.

Sure consultants might offer advise but they don’t have an investment in the business. I would imagine the airline business in Canada is much like everything else, involving an amazingly small network of people. It’s also very difficult to start up a private business without active participation in business development by the owner/s and by that I mean far greater involvement than holding meetings with employees.

Just my opinion but it seemed WM hoped the MRO business would take off because of the reputation of his deceased father’s name and invested capital. It’s just not that easy...

<rsbm>

Seems to be governed provincially (IMO probably roughly the same in most provinces).

Is it a Crime to Practice Medicine with a Criminal Record?

CPSO principles and policy re Criminal Record Screening
Yes, they would review all applicants with a criminal record and depend on the nature of the crime make a decision.
In CN s case, she was a big part of the Tim Bosma murder and Laura s. She got sentenced to a less serious charge but it is still a serious charge.
The notoriety of the murders, her involvement I strongly believe will prevent her from practicing medicine in Canada, that is my opinion. Maybe others that know more can comment to what their opinion would be if she would ever be able to practice medicine in Canada.

I don't know if I can express my thoughts in English well enough:
It seems, LE has not taken all the necessary examinations and measures that would have been necessary when they appeared in WM's bedroom. DM / MB spoke of depression and alcoholism and that was enough for LE to assume suicide rather than murder. You could accuse LE of mistakes and sloppiness. If now the defendant is acquitted for lack of clear evidence, the negligence and misjudgment of LE automatically diminishes in the eyes of the public.
Is that how it is and are all parties satisfied at the end?

Hi FromGermany. I just want to say that I always enjoy reading your posts, and you do a wonderful job expressing yourself (including your sense of humour) in English! I remember when you first started posting in the Tim Bosma threads. Back then, your ability to write in English impressed me and your English skills have noticeably improved over the years! :)

And about the pings near Maple Gate. How near is near? Where’s the nearest cell tower? Within blocks or miles away? Take DM out of the equation but any young man living in the neighbourhood....maybe he had an illicit date and nighttime fling with someone who lived nearby who he didn’t want to tell LE about, was he even under oath when he gave his statement way back then? Probably not, as he wasn’t a suspect. After he went back to MSs where his truck was left, to retrieve his cellphone and credit card and decided to crash. My only point is cellphone pings are not always incriminating evidence without other collabering eveidence and DM is not required to prove himself innocent.

JMO

LE was able to ascertain Laura’s final whereabouts being at Maple Gate from cell pings. DM was sworn under oath during his police interview. He declined being sworn in on the bible.

Last edited by a moderator:
Purely my opinion and perhaps it’s a harsh critique considering Sutherland used different bullets for his reconstruction (no matter, but if that had become allowable evidence I can imagine an expert called by the defence arguing different bullets aren’t the same).

But couldn’t the Crown have found an expert who was familiar with 32 caliber gun who might’ve testified fingerprints or DNA might ordinarily be more easily obtainable because of the wooden handle, or something like that? It just seems the Crown didn’t put a lot of effort into furthering circumstancial evidence into convincing evidence.

JMO

~400 meters away as the crow flies, or about 550 meters away (a 7 minute walk/1 minute drive) via the available roads.

You really have to be out in the country before a cell phone tower is "miles away" in Southern Ontario.

That is a good point you made that if Wayne did have knowledge of DM killing Laura in the house it would be a reason he would want to end his life.
The gf never said he talked about him being really upset.
MM I believe said he stayed in his bedroom. Who can blame him. No one was there to help him get DM out of his life.
I think his relationship with the new gf may have been what would help him to get DM out of his life and either sell his 1/2 of the house to DM and he would find a new place to live. I doubt DM would leave the house voluntarily. Wayne would have had to be the one to move.

BBM and Snipped-- Jumping off the bold part, it would also be a good motive for DM to kill WM if WM had some knowledge of Laura's demise. She was at the house and while he did stay in his room most of the time, he could have overheard or saw something and we don't know if he may have mentioned it or somehow DM found out WM might know something or DM may have just THOUGHT that WM knew or heard something so he killed him. That and Money would be his motive JMO

BBM and Snipped-- Jumping off the bold part, it would also be a good motive for DM to kill WM if WM had some knowledge of Laura's demise. She was at the house and while he did stay in his room most of the time, he could have overheard or saw something and we don't know if he may have mentioned it or somehow DM found out WM might know something or DM may have just THOUGHT that WM knew or heard something so he killed him. That and Money would be his motive JMO
Yes, that is true. there are many motives DM could have had.
We will never know. Maybe the gf will give an interview after the trial is over and reveal things since she talked to him for many months.
I would like to hear about Wayne by someone who cared about him. What was his life like before he died? Was he getting better from the back injury?
If someone wrote a book about the father I would like to read it to know more about him. Not that much is known about him.
He was an accomplished person, a pilot and then took over the business from his father.
There were also troublesome things in his life, like the divorce, his relationship with DM and his alcoholism.
Maybe Ann Brocklehurst will write a book with more details about the father.

Hi FromGermany. I just want to say that I always enjoy reading your posts, and you do a wonderful job expressing yourself (including your sense of humour) in English! I remember when you first started posting in the Tim Bosma threads. Back then, your ability to write in English impressed me and your English skills have noticeably improved over the years! :)
Still sticking in my infancy, I'm ashamed. (Can't find the "blushing"-emoji yet, which I looove!) Thank you!

So I've followed along since TB went missing and just took the weekend to catch up on this trial.
I feel like we are missing so much information this time around. I also thought the entire story and gaps that we not filled in missing.
Ex. Chop shop, drug running, missions, etc

I do want to add that when someone has died at home, they ask the person who called 911 if they would like to perform CPR and check for a pulse. They are pretty forceful with this, so I am wondering if MB called 911 and they asked this, did she move the body?

Not like it matters. It just seems so much has been missed and I'm pretty disappointed.
1. Why was it not brought up this was the gun DM bought
2. Why no questions on where WM would obtain said gun and ammo since it could not be purchased in Canada
3. Where was this whole ta da moment people talked about that JS was there that night
4. They have the gun, could they not prove DM bought it from MWJ?
5. DNA evidence?
6. DNA on bullets? If it was WM gun he should have loaded it correct?

Too many missing pieces for me. While I do feel DM is responsible once again, I hope the judge feels the same way or the closing statements fill in the blanks....

So I've followed along since TB went missing and just took the weekend to catch up on this trial.
I feel like we are missing so much information this time around. I also thought the entire story and gaps that we not filled in missing.

rbsbm...

Yeah, I've been feeling that since the beginning. This trial has a much different feel to it, for sure. I'm hoping it's not that the info is actually missing, it's just that it's not being released to the public. Yet.

Not like it matters. It just seems so much has been missed and I'm pretty disappointed.
2. Why no questions on where WM would obtain said gun and ammo since it could not be purchased in Canada
3. Where was this whole ta da moment people talked about that JS was there that night
5. DNA evidence?

Too many missing pieces for me. While I do feel DM is responsible once again, I hope the judge feels the same way or the closing statements fill in the blanks....

We haven't had access to any of the agreed-upon evidence that was presented in court, which could possibly make a difference to the total picture. I've been thinking about what's really at stake here, for both parties. For the Crown, it does seem they could have done more investigation but (barring a successful appeal, heaven forbid) DM is already locked up for a very very long time. For the defence, we don't know if there's enough in WM's estate to matter to DM, but I think he would love to be acquitted if only to feel that, in one of his crimes, he actually succeeded in outsmarting everyone -- which is why I would hate to see it happen!

I'm wondering why the defence and the Crown will still give closing summations even though it's a judge-only trial? There were no opening arguments for that very reason.. a closing summation is just to summarize (and get DM's 'evidence' into the equation without having to put up a defence for himself)?

Pillay cannot introduce evidence in his closing. If he tries to, the judge is obliged to disregard it.

I do want to add that when someone has died at home, they ask the person who called 911 if they would like to perform CPR and check for a pulse. They are pretty forceful with this, so I am wondering if MB called 911 and they asked this, did she move the body?

5. DNA evidence?

The fact that DM bought the gun that killed his dad was brought out through testimony by the data forensics guy, Jim Falconer, earlier this month. :)

Dellen Millard bought gun that was found next to his father’s body, trial hears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member