GUILTY - Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why would he care? He'd welcome them checking out his alibi if it was legit.

And LE don't typically search a home when going there to ask someone some questions about their suspicions regarding another person. They'd need a warrant. And no one knew that better than DM. Was MS going to answer the door with a joint in his mouth and his scale and bag of weed in his hands? :rolleyes:

MOO
Yes, can you imagine. Knock knock, hi there, we need to search your home because this guy here says his dad committed suicide, but we feel it may be murder and he used you and your home as his alibi?

But one doesn't require an alibi for a suicide. If suicide, as DM was hoping to sway thoughts toward, why would a person even *think* about the need for an alibi. If a loved one commits suicide, where is your mind? Filled with grief, wondering why you did or didn't see signs, or thinking about proving whereabouts and giving heads ups?

If I recall correctly, the police officer asked him in his interview where he was that night. That officer was suspicious and at the time this was still a suspicious death. So yes, DM needed an alibi to ward off more investigative questions and suspicion, even if it was a suicide. What he didn't need to do was give his "alibi" a heads up and a message of "love" in the middle of his grief and tired inconvenience if this was a legitimate suicide.

MOO

.... Pillay says the Crown is asking the judge to accept evidence that Smich and Meneses used Millard's phone to order pizza -- but he says the opposite was true. "That the pizza was ordered from Mr. Millard's phone, indicates that mr. Millard was ordering the pizza," Pillay says.
by Adam Carter 1:01 PM
Where are the taxi records and phone pings to say where the phones were at the time the pizza was ordered?

If I recall correctly, the police officer asked him in his interview where he was that night. That officer was suspicious and at the time this was still a suspicious death. So yes, DM needed an alibi to ward off more investigative questions and suspicion, even if it was a suicide. What he didn't need to do was give his "alibi" a heads up and a message of "love" in the middle of his grief and tired inconvenience if this was a legitimate suicide.

MOO
Frankly, if my parent that I lived with committed suicide like that, the last thing I would have thought of was that police were considering that I could have instead killed him. I can imagine that I would have been shocked to no end to discover perhaps after the fact, that that's what they may have been pondering. I guess that's how they get you (to say things without a lawyer present, if you're naive or whatever), but seems they had the demon seed with a story already concocted, along with an alibi. jmo.

So which phone are these records from? This is so frustrating. I've said all along that it would only make sense for him to leave his Iphone, his main phone, to create an alibi and take the Samsung burner for his calls to the cab company. And they searched through a year of calls. I would imagine it would have been the Iphone. But RP got MM to state that it was the Samsung left behind. I think we're going to be hearing more about this when RP does his closing.

MOO

"According to the court documents, one of the phones allegedly belonging to Millard calls A1 Oakville Taxi just after 1 a.m. on Nov. 29, while near Smich's home. That same phone then later pings off a cellphone tower near his father's home in Etobicoke at 6:11 a.m."

Apparently DM woke MM up when he got back. It still would have been dark. She may not have checked the time at that time and just assumed it was the night. The likely slept a few more hours, then it seems like they may have went out 'to eat', and then DM dropped MS and MM back at MS's home.
The 9pm timeline doesn't really seem to jibe with any other evidence we know about right now. In her statement to police, I think MM said they walked DM to the convenience store, walked back and ordered pizza about 10 minutes after getting home. We now know that call was just after 12:30 am. DM may have been timing it so he could arrive in Etobicoke just about the time he was eating pizza in Oakville.

I used to work at a pizza place back in the day and made hundreds, if not thousands, of pizzas over those years. I just had a flashback, imagining myself in that restaurant kitchen unwittingly making an alibi pizza for a couple of killers in the suburbs. So weird to think about.

His other phone decided to take a trip to Maplegate all on its own.
Yes, or perhaps the real murderer who arrive via taxi and came in through the unlocked sliding door, just in case the investigation had gone *that* way?

His other phone decided to take a trip to Maplegate all on its own.

It's these darn new smartphones :D

smartphone-wheels-d-render-31974998.jpg

Smartphone on wheels

Last edited:
Because DM used MS as an alibi, that’s where he said he spent the night? DM wouldn’t have known LE had already considered the death a suicide at the time, otherwise why’d they want to talk to him.
They always want a statement (to talk to you), for their records and to record the events of the call. jmo. He also probably thought he had horseshoes up his butt when the paramedic suggested throat explosion due to the alcoholism that DM made sure to tell him about. I'm sure DM should have been thinking/believing that THEY were thinking/believing natural causes or suicide, either way due to alcoholism, at that time?

Pillay is now showing some of the phone records from around the time of Wayne Millard's death. He says they show Millard was in and around Smich's home -- which, he says, contradicts Meneses' account that she hadn't seen Millard for a couple of weeks after the night he stayed at Smich's home. He says the day Meneses testified about could not have been the day Wayne Millard died.
by Adam Carter 12:54 PM

So just because DM was around the Smich home after WM's death means that MM must have seen him? How many times? I think MM lied about stuff too but this is a pretty big stretch to try to prove one.

MOO

I think what Pillay is saying IIRC MM testified her and MS were always together in and around that period of time.

DM wouldn’t have known LE had already considered the death a suicide at the time, otherwise why’d they want to talk to him.
<rsbm>

He was sure trying to steer LE in the direction of suicide by yakking all about WM's drinking and depression, etc as opposed to "OMG, who would do this to my father?" "Oh yes, the door was open .... where'd he get a gun ... blah blah"

They always want a statement (to talk to you), for their records and to record the events of the call. jmo. He also probably thought he had horseshoes up his butt when the paramedic suggested throat explosion due to the alcoholism that DM made sure to tell him about. I'm sure DM should have been thinking/believing that THEY were thinking/believing natural causes or suicide, either way due to alcoholism, at that time?

Maybe, if the paramedics involved DM in their speculation. However I don’t recall testimony stating if he was present in the room upon their arrival or not, nor at what point he was informed of the suicide determination.

Maybe, if the paramedics involved DM in their speculation. However I don’t recall testimony stating if he was present in the room upon their arrival or not, nor at what point he was informed of the suicide determination.
The guy has ears, whether or not he was specifically informed. I'm sure he was keeping his ears and eyes fully open that night. jmo.

<rsbm>

He was sure trying to steer LE in the direction of suicide by yakking all about WM's drinking and depression, etc as opposed to "OMG, who would do this to my father?" "Oh yes, the door was open .... where'd he get a gun ... blah blah"

Just playing devils advocate......on the flip side anyone who personally knows of a family member with alcohol issues and suffers from depression and then finds them dead in bed would immediately suspect suicide and not murder.

But it’s considering DM was found guilty of 2 other murders, why his reaction becomes very suspicious.

I can't seem to find the texts on AC's blog. Does DM actually tell MS that his dad committed suicide before he just bluntly says he was just questioned and said he stayed with MS that night? How did MS find out?

Yes, can you imagine. Knock knock, hi there, we need to search your home because this guy here says his dad committed suicide, but we feel it may be murder and he used you and your home as his alibi?
Well, Smich did spend an awful lot of time smoking weed in the garage. Wouldn't want a cop pulling up and seeing you.

"Well the paramedic didn't touch him either," the judge interjects. She has jumped in on Cameron's closing several times."

So many things wrong with this statement IMO.
Paramedics have a protocol to follow in cases like this. ..... Family members do not!!

I find this interruption very unprofessional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes