Thailand - FOUND ALIVE - 12 Boys And Coach Rescued from Cave, 23 June 2018 #6

I've got a question I've never seen asked or answered. In the cave map from the 1990s it looks like the boys were about half way along the full cave system. Is there a way right through, anyone know? I assumed not but the map suggests so.

(arggh, can''t find the map!)

I've got a question I've never seen asked or answered. In the cave map from the 1990s it looks like the boys were about half way along the full cave system. Is there a way right through, anyone know? I assumed not but the map suggests so.

(arggh, can''t find the map!)
Not sure which Map you saw but I found this: http://www.caverescue.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/cr0003-tham-luang-683x1024.png
cr0003-tham-luang-683x1024.png

It says "continues unsurveyed" at one end and "continues unexplored" at the other which I guess means no one knows the answer to your question. JMO.

Not sure which Map you saw but I found this: http://www.caverescue.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/07/cr0003-tham-luang-683x1024.png

It says "continues unsurveyed" at one end and "continues unexplored" at the other which I guess means no one knows the answer to your question. JMO.

Yes, that's the very one, cheers! It appears that perhaps people have got significantly further into the cave before so I guess the boys either didn't find the next tunnel, or it was flooded, or they decided to remain in the dry part they were found in.

I did read somewhere that the boys had dug 5 metres into the rock in an attempt to get out.

EDIT
Lieutenant Colonel Dr Pak Loharachun stayed with the boys during their harrowing ordeal, and commended their incredible resilience:
“Every day, the kids dug a hole into a wall with rock fragments to find a way out. They managed to dig five metres deep although they had nothing to eat.”

Yes, that's the very one, cheers! It appears that perhaps people have got significantly further into the cave before so I guess the boys either didn't find the next tunnel, or it was flooded, or they decided to remain in the dry part they were found in.

I did read somewhere that the boys had dug 5 metres into the rock in an attempt to get out.

I agree, I think the water blocked them from going deeper into the cave system. Also, many people were scouring the mountain from the outside, exploring other entrances to try to find a connection to the chamber they were in and one was not found. If they had been close to another entrance/exit that was passable I think it would have been discovered. JMO.

Terrifying indeed! I'm so amazed and grateful that these brave volunteers were able to achieve such a Herculean task. It might be an oversimplified graphic, but it gives you a good idea just what the divers meant about the path being perilously narrow with sharp turns and no wiggle room. 15 inches wide at one point...not for the faint of heart nor the claustrophobic, for sure. I can see how some sedation might have been necessary for the boys. Because a panic attack could kill in this situation. We already had an experienced diver lose his life, due to the extreme risks involved. Note: on the graphic it states that some parts are so narrow the scuba tanks cannot be worn.

The bravery, dedication and expertise of those who put their lives on the line to rescue those stranded cannot be over-stated. Plus all the people who helped in other ways with planning, logistics, donating supplies, equipment or other services.

What a magnificent group effort.

4E05BFA500000578-0-image-a-93_1530996961125.jpg

Terrifyingly narrow passage that trapped Thai football players must squeeze through | Daily Mail Online

I would like to ask a Moderator if there could be a separate thread for the subject of Elon Musk and the diver, etc.

Respectfully I would love to see this thread remain as it was - a thread of hope and love and joy when the boys were rescued.

Is it possible to have two separate threads?

Does anyone else feel the same way as I do about this?

I myself, like that people here can comment at will and what folks want to comment about they will. I know that Gardner and others are trying to show many different television shows and documentaries, three so far, and many many other YouTubes and articles.

The commentary on him will die down, and I think it is part of historical view for this thread to have him included. Just my opinion. I do not want him broken off into a separate thread is because it is a part of the entire story. Good, bad, ugly, and otherwise, it is the entire story to have here on one thread in my opinion.

I have read every single post link and seen every video and every television show I think that has been posted on this thread.

One thing that I don't think has been commented on or perhaps it has, is that the Australians were given immunity in case something happened because of the sedation they gave. I think in return for that, we are seeing that it has not come out in public and even the government has not said what sedation was used. Perhaps that was a quid pro quo in the contract and I think that was well advised.

Terrifying indeed! I'm so amazed and grateful that these brave volunteers were able to achieve such a Herculean task. It might be an oversimplified graphic, but it gives you a good idea just what the divers meant about the path being perilously narrow with sharp turns and no wiggle room. 15 inches wide at one point...not for the faint of heart nor the claustrophobic, for sure. I can see how some sedation might have been necessary for the boys. Because a panic attack could kill in this situation. We already had an experienced diver lose his life, due to the extreme risks involved. Note: on the graphic it states that some parts are so narrow the scuba tanks cannot be worn.

The bravery, dedication and expertise of those who put their lives on the line to rescue those stranded cannot be over-stated. Plus all the people who helped in other ways with planning, logistics, donating supplies, equipment or other services.

What a magnificent group effort.

4E05BFA500000578-0-image-a-93_1530996961125.jpg

Terrifyingly narrow passage that trapped Thai football players must squeeze through | Daily Mail Online
BBM
The days humanity became one. So amazing! I'm not a religious person by any stretch of the imagination but wasn't this loving thy neighbor as thyself?

How could an expert or government official possibly KNOW it was a publicity stunt?
Could an expert or government official possibly KNOW the sub wouldn’t work AT All without it being tried?
I wasn’t aware there were other experts or government officials that stated Musk was asked to leave almost immediately. I may have missed that.
The experts knew that the sub would not fit in the cave. They let him leave the worthless sub, and then asked him to please leave.

Elon Musk leaves 'impractical kid-sized sub' at Thailand cave
The SpaceX chief leaves the caves after arriving on scene to offer the rescuers a submarine which they say is "impractical"

Elon Musk, the billionaire chief executive of SpaceX and Tesla, has left a small submarine at the site of the Thailand cave rescue.

Despite being told by the head of the rescue operation that the submarine was not practical for the rescue mission, Musk stated he was leaving the submarine "here in case it may be useful in the future".

Elon Musk leaves 'impractical kid-sized sub' at Thailand cave

Last edited:
This is not in response to any particular post.
I really don't want this thread to be about EM. Not at all. Let's just leave that alone please.
This should be celebrating the boys and their coach, their tenaciousness and strength and the brave rescuers and others involved and all the world that came together with one common goal!

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Royco
Back