IL IL - Helen Green, 12, Chicago, 1971

It's NCMEC because Helen was a minor when she went missing. It comes down to who is paying it. NamUs and NCMEC are going back and forth about who's responsible for paying it. LE are involved too. Still Seek Answers has been busting her butt over it, she's even had to file a complaint. I can't elaborate more then that.

DNA Doe Project wouldn't do this because Helen is a minor when reported. We have another card we can play if needed but don't want to if we don't have to. Hopefully it will be done soon. All of our nerves are shot.

Is there anything we can do to help?

Is NamUs still getting federal funding?

I believe a waiver would be needed in order for NamUs to pay but it's being looked into. Helen missing as a child complicates it

Is there anything we can do to help?

Just try to be patient and keep in mind we're always trying to get resolution for Helen and her family. I can't say enough good things about SSA; she treats Helen like it's her missing sister Debbie

Way back when Anna Waters was compared to a living possible match, iirc, both parties got tired of waiting for the authorities to act on the DNA and had decided to go forward with a private DNA test. It was only after the authorities realized they were going to move forward with a private test they finally agreed to pay for it.

I wonder if we could crowd source for a private DNA test while NamUs and NCMEC 'battle it out'?

Way back when Anna Waters was compared to a living possible match, iirc, both parties got tired of waiting for the authorities to act on the DNA and had decided to go forward with a private DNA test. It was only after the authorities realized they were going to move forward with a private test they finally agreed to pay for it.

I wonder if we could crowd source for a private DNA test while NamUs and NCMEC 'battle it out'?

We've threatened with a private company since the beginning. They know we'll do it but her brother would rather have an official rule in/out. We wouldn't need crowd funding, it's just getting her brother to do it.

If he changes his mind, he only needs to choose a credible lab. DNA Diagnostics is credible and they do sibling tests. This is also the lab that Cook County uses for their paternity tests in child support cases.

If he is hesitant to use a credible private lab it really makes me wonder if he doesn't believe this possible match to be his sister. I hope I am wrong, but in Anna's case after 4 or 5 months of waiting the family and the pm both agreed to do private testing.

I know it has been a long and frustrating wait. Please trust Roselvr and me, we have worked this case from the heart since the day we first convinced her family to trust us and they allowed us to list her and create the page.
This case has been a DNA nightmare with no funding and then finding a lab that would volunteer their services. We are hoping to have answers, preferably in this lifetime......as soon as we know, you will know.
Thank you all for caring

I know it has been a long and frustrating wait. Please trust Roselvr and me, we have worked this case from the heart since the day we first convinced her family to trust us and they allowed us to list her and create the page.
This case has been a DNA nightmare with no funding and then finding a lab that would volunteer their services. We are hoping to have answers, preferably in this lifetime......as soon as we know, you will know.
Thank you all for caring
Thank You for starting all of this for Helen. Im convinced that she is alive!

You can consider it solved. We're sure it is
Now, I am not in any way trying to show any doubt, in all that you, Roselvr, and you, Still_Seek_Answers, have shared with WS, and the world. I guess I am confused about whether the family has been informed? And, if so, why would that be an issue with letting the world know what the results are/were? Is Helen alive? Deceased? Perhaps deceased after a long, happy, life?

I am sincere in my feelings on how my opinions are never meant to hurt anyone. I hope that my words cause no friction.

I really, truly, still follow, and send universal love, to Still_Seek_Answers' sister, family, and friends. The unknowns, and the what if's, in so many of our missing cases. It all reflects the frailties of human beings. IMO this has happened since the beginning of mankind.

It just comes into our lives 24/7 now. Mostly unfiltered. Sometimes quite graphic. That need to 'know' that a child has been rescued. Found Safe. Found Alive. Returned to their family, whether alive, or sadly, deceased, comes into our lives constantly. What I am really trying to ask, stop teasing us?

I will retire to my lurking corner, as opinions can vary.

Now, I am not in any way trying to show any doubt, in all that you, Roselvr, and you, Still_Seek_Answers, have shared with WS, and the world. I guess I am confused about whether the family has been informed? And, if so, why would that be an issue with letting the world know what the results are/were? Is Helen alive? Deceased? Perhaps deceased after a long, happy, life?

I am sincere in my feelings on how my opinions are never meant to hurt anyone. I hope that my words cause no friction.

I really, truly, still follow, and send universal love, to Still_Seek_Answers' sister, family, and friends. The unknowns, and the what if's, in so many of our missing cases. It all reflects the frailties of human beings. IMO this has happened since the beginning of mankind.

It just comes into our lives 24/7 now. Mostly unfiltered. Sometimes quite graphic. That need to 'know' that a child has been rescued. Found Safe. Found Alive. Returned to their family, whether alive, or sadly, deceased, comes into our lives constantly. What I am really trying to ask, stop teasing us?

I will retire to my lurking corner, as opinions can vary.
As far as I’m aware. The family wants these results and findings to be private. They have struggles for 48 years without helen in there lives and they probably just want there privacy. It’s definitely possible that she’s alive but since it’s been so long it’s also possible she’s deceased. I like to think that she lived a long, happy life and passed away peacefully knowing she had people who lived and cared for her

RSBM
As far as I’m aware. The family wants these results and findings to be private. They have struggled for 48 years without Helen in their lives, and they probably just want their privacy. It’s definitely possible that she’s alive but since it’s been so long it’s also possible she’s deceased. I like to think that she lived a long, happy life and passed away peacefully knowing she had people who loved and cared for her
Yes I’m very interested to learn her fate and yeah. They don’t even know if it’s Helen but they are sure that the case is solved.

I feel like I've been a jerk. If I had realized that this was solved, or not, with any/all findings 'Private', then I would honor the wishes of the family. It is not my 'right' to make any inquiries into a private matter. My apologies to all of you fine sleuthers.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buggy8993
Back