Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

IANL but my understanding is that if she plead guilty to the obstruction charge there would have been no trial she would have been sentenced for that charge.
If she would have plead not guilty then she would have remained in jail waiting a trial for that charge and additional charges could have been added when evidence was gathered, but they didn't want to risk that.
Remember when she was originally arrested on two charges, one for the baby and one for Lucas? The one for Lucas was tabled, she was never charged on that one. They had her in jail on the charge for the baby so they were trying to find Lucas and hopefully be able to charge her for the first arrest warrant, obstruction and possibly murder. They did not want to chance her being charged and sentenced on a lesser charge, pertaining to Lucas and not being able to charge her for for the big charge.

The understanding I had from the DA is that the two charges were so closely related(obstruction and whichever death related charge he would have chosen) that if EG was charged on obstruction, she could plead guilty pretty quick. It would have brought the issue to a fast conclusion.

It MIGHT have created an appearance if any further, related and more serious charges of double jeopardy. As in being tried for the same crime twice.

A smart defense attorney, in the event it occurred, could have appealed the more serious charge clear up to the US SUPREME COURT. I don’t know Kansas Statutes, or rules of court, but I think it may have been the wisest decision the DA could have made.

He avoided the issue altogether.

And we have to remember a couple very important things;

1. There were no autopsy findings at the time for Lucas, and;

2. No one could have anticipated EG committing suicide.

Help find Lucas Hernandez

We had to shut off our Remembering Lucas Allen page yesterday. Our precious pictures of Lucas were being shared into a Hate and Harassment group. Hopefully, we’ll be able to turn the page back on soon.

Help Find Lucas Hernandez

That’s horrible! I am so sorry some people are such disgusting human beings.

I really appreciate FLA , ESO, Pink & others being so candid with us. I truly believe that God holds a special place for you. I want you to know that this case touched my friend ao deeply that she made a career change and is now working in the foster care industry. I'm certain that she's not the only person to be inspired to do something similar by your story. He is changing lives.

My questions:

Do you feel that CR's death was intentional on his part? I can certainly see how he could have felt he had no other option, especially if he suffered from mental illness.

Was the location of the biggest initial search (K96) & the actual location found (96th st) truly a bizarre coincidence, or did the (96) come from a tip or other source (I thought perhaps CR)?

Did Emily eat alone at Olive Garden?

Was Emily involved in other criminal activity ie drug sales etc?

Was the landfill searched?

It has come out that Anthony & Evan had the same DCF case-worker. Do you know if that same person worked on Lucas' case?

I will be watching to see where Lucas' Law takes you and will be on board to support it, however that ends up looking. I wish God's peace to you and ypur family. You are a class act!

I can tell you that our landfill hasn’t ever been searched. It is too big of a job without very specific information. But I do know the dumpsters at her old apartment was searched and they were being careful in the week or so after Lucas disappeared.

CR was a stranger to EG. He was a 21 year old, cute homeless kid with a mental illness living here in Wichita after the death of his mother. His family was not in the area, I don’t know why he ended up here. I’m not going to comment on CR’s death because I’m not a VI but at minimum it was a horrible accident, but I think a lot more investigation needs to be done about it. We knew about CR for awhile and were not happy that David Marshburn revealed that detail on Nancy Grace, and mistakenly said his death was a suicide. It was not a suicide. I don’t think CR was intentionally trying to mislead people, I think being under the influence of drugs and having a mental illness makes his statements a little “off”. For anyone who knows how, find the 911 dispatch calls about the accident in which he was killed.

As far as having the same case manager, that doesn’t mean that person did the actual meeting with the family, the child, the parents, that’s what an investigator does. The case manager is the one who coordinates all of the services.

I was stunned when they mentioned the “10th or 11th and the bathroom” as factual. I think they got so caught up in the story, they started grasping at anything for a good headline. It was disappointing.

They had a very, ummm, confused inside tip that unfortunately was not reliable information. I’m just stunned they don’t check the facts out before they share the information on the podcasts. At least add that it is unverified when they use these tips of inside info!

I really appreciate FLA , ESO, Pink & others being so candid with us. I truly believe that God holds a special place for you. I want you to know that this case touched my friend ao deeply that she made a career change and is now working in the foster care industry. I'm certain that she's not the only person to be inspired to do something similar by your story. He is changing lives.

My questions:

Do you feel that CR's death was intentional on his part? I can certainly see how he could have felt he had no other option, especially if he suffered from mental illness.

Was the location of the biggest initial search (K96) & the actual location found (96th st) truly a bizarre coincidence, or did the (96) come from a tip or other source (I thought perhaps CR)?

Did Emily eat alone at Olive Garden?

Was Emily involved in other criminal activity ie drug sales etc?

Was the landfill searched?

It has come out that Anthony & Evan had the same DCF case-worker. Do you know if that same person worked on Lucas' case?

I will be watching to see where Lucas' Law takes you and will be on board to support it, however that ends up looking. I wish God's peace to you and ypur family. You are a class act!

The one thing I’d say about the info that was released about Lucas from DHS is that they don’t have to release any info since Lucas’s death wasn’t able to proven as a result of child abuse or neglect. What they did release was a list of “closed” investigations. If there were any open cases or complaints, that information would not be included. In my opinion, the school nurse didn’t make such an in-depth documentation of Lucas’s last injuries for her own personal records. She did it for a reason.....

I can tell you that our landfill hasn’t ever been searched. It is too big of a job without very specific information. But I do know the dumpsters at her old apartment was searched and they were being careful in the week or so after Lucas disappeared.

CR was a stranger to EG. He was a 21 year old, cute homeless kid with a mental illness living here in Wichita after the death of his mother. His family was not in the area, I don’t know why he ended up here. I’m not going to comment on CR’s death because I’m not a VI but at minimum it was a horrible accident, but I think a lot more investigation needs to be done about it. We knew about CR for awhile and were not happy that David Marshburn revealed that detail on Nancy Grace, and mistakenly said his death was a suicide. It was not a suicide. I don’t think CR was intentionally trying to mislead people, I think being under the influence of drugs and having a mental illness makes his statements a little “off”. For anyone who knows how, find the 911 dispatch calls about the accident in which he was killed.

As far as having the same case manager, that doesn’t mean that person did the actual meeting with the family, the child, the parents, that’s what an investigator does. The case manager is the one who coordinates all of the services.
Thank you, ESO, for sharing your responses to my questions. :)

Thank you, ESO, for sharing your responses to my questions. :)

You are welcome. I had to take a break from all this to deal with ridiculous drama surrounding this case in the area. It’s sad that it really had nothing to do with the actual case, what this family has had to go thru has been bad enough, but they really are dealing with so much more on top of that I wish would just stop.

I was stunned when they mentioned the “10th or 11th and the bathroom” as factual. I think they got so caught up in the story, they started grasping at anything for a good headline.

They had a very, ummm, confused inside tip that unfortunately was not reliable information. I’m just stunned they don’t check the facts out before they share the information on the podcasts. At least add that it is unverified when they use these tips of inside info!

There was at time that I tipped my hat to Nancy Grace as a legal analyst, but I believe the difference we see between her former and current programming is her new medium, SirrusXM (home of shock jock Howard Stern), which is essentially unregulated, and sure can't forget Subscriber based!

Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has tried in the past to expand it's reach to regulate content to satellite radio and cable, but that option remains open. I believe the key words here are regulate content. I also think her program today is more an "opinion" and headline grabbing guest show versus factual content because XM radio allows this. I'll probably still listen to Nancy but only if she does a special (after the fact and/or trial) show such as the one she did about Rebecca Zahau with forensic pathologist Cyril Wecht and Zahau's lawyers -AFTER the trial. MOO.

Lucas was also seen Thursday the 15th by a mail person through the front door. Lucas was sitting on the couch.

"...[Feb. 16, 2018: It was a Friday, the day before Glass reported Lucas missing. He was in his room watching a movie while she was cleaning, Glass later told a police detective. She said she went to the garage and smoked marijuana, became hungry and drove with her 1-year-old daughter to the Olive Garden restaurant near Rock and Central. Glass “admitted she left 5 year old Lucas at home alone,” the document says]..."
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

I simply cannot fathom leaving a 5 year old (ill) at home alone while indulging at OG. I believe it possible Lucas awoke late Friday afternoon to find himself alone, Emily returned to find Lucas hysterical, and in attempt to silence him, she fatally injured Lucas. Maybe she strangled him. No truer words spoken from the mouth of a babe, "Emily doesn't like me anymore." Shatters your heart, doesn't it?... Lucas our Angel.

The released documents include police report summaries regarding the contents found in the house, as well as interviews with neighbors and witnesses.

Police reports show that one note was found in the kitchen with a ring for a loved one. Two other notes were found in the bedroom and titled "Jonathan" and "Aunt."

Police reveal contents in Emily Glass' suicide notes

I’m still here .. I hope the family and FLA get some peace. I’m sure like many of you I will never forget Lucas . I have never followed a case before Lucas and it has changed my life . In my own strange way I’m glad she is gone even though she took the answers with her. (I can’t help but think she shared with someone )

Criminal Division Media Releases | Sedgwick County, Kansas
The DA has released a final report regarding the Lucas Hernandez case available at that link
Thanks ScarlettLin! The pdf of the final report is linked on the page as:
https://www.sedgwickcounty.org/media/39998/final-release-lucas-hernandez-july-20-2018.pdf
So initially Glass told detectives the back door and the back gate were ajar. Detectives located surveillance videos from a house and business - Lucas was not seen leaving the house on either.

During Glass' second interview at the Child Advocacy Center her story changed from putting Lucas down for a nap to putting on a movie for him in his room. And this time she also took a shower.

Phone records state the times when Glass' phone was turned off. More surveillance videos show her driving away during that time.

In her next interview Glass added that Lucas had been ill and had not attended school for a week. She also went to Dillons and got gas.

In the next interview (on February 19) Glass clearly started falling apart in her stories. She lied about a visitation on the 14th with the bio mom and denied being in the area of 21st and Oliver on the 17th .

But she admitted to smoking marijuana and leaving Lucas home while going to the Olive Garden on the 16th. She also talked about CR.

It's interesting to see her stories deteriorate over time. Here's something even more interesting:

Ms. Glass was administered a polygraph (on the 20th) which included the following questions:
1) Did she injure or harm Lucas?
2) Could she take law enforcement to Lucas’s location?

Glass answered “no” to both questions. According to the polygraph examiner, both answers showed deception.

There's much more in the report but the polygraph information makes me feel strongly that Glass did indeed harm Lucas. IMO if she truly woke up and found him dead it's directly because of something she did to him. MOO based on facts.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grammy 4
Back