Found Deceased KS - Lucas Hernandez, 5, Wichita, 17 Feb 2018 #34

I've followed so many cases on Websleuths over the years and it is always difficult to let a case go. For whatever reason, I'm having a problem reconciling with myself that this is the end of this case. I feel in my heart that there is more to what transpired prior to, during and following Lucas's death that will now, never come out. I'm now saying goodbye with reluctance to this case. Thank you to all of you who worked so hard and put your heart into searching and doing all you wonderful people did to find Lucas and to help find justice.

I've followed so many cases on Websleuths over the years and it is always difficult to let a case go. For whatever reason, I'm having a problem reconciling with myself that this is the end of this case. I feel in my heart that there is more to what transpired prior to, during and following Lucas's death that will now, never come out. I'm now saying goodbye with reluctance to this case. Thank you to all of you who worked so hard and put your heart into searching and doing all you wonderful people did to find Lucas and to help find justice.
This Christian business has me wondering...I still haven’t quite processed that mentally...it’s on the list to review...

They had a very, ummm, confused inside tip that unfortunately was not reliable information. I’m just stunned they don’t check the facts out before they share the information on the podcasts. At least add that it is unverified when they use these tips of inside info!

Well Nancy G is at it again, and doesn't discriminate with her confused tips! Missing Iowa college girl Mollie Tibbets was confused with another, and NG Show was (incorrectly/unconfirmed) reporting her dead....

"...[Feb. 16, 2018: It was a Friday, the day before Glass reported Lucas missing. He was in his room watching a movie while she was cleaning, Glass later told a police detective. She said she went to the garage and smoked marijuana, became hungry and drove with her 1-year-old daughter to the Olive Garden restaurant near Rock and Central. Glass “admitted she left 5 year old Lucas at home alone,” the document says]..."
Horrific new details emerge in court document about missing 5-year-old Lucas Hernandez

I simply cannot fathom leaving a 5 year old (ill) at home alone while indulging at OG. I believe it possible Lucas awoke late Friday afternoon to find himself alone, Emily returned to find Lucas hysterical, and in attempt to silence him, she fatally injured Lucas. Maybe she strangled him. No truer words spoken from the mouth of a babe, "Emily doesn't like me anymore." Shatters your heart, doesn't it?... Lucas our Angel.
I don’t think he’d be hysterical to find himself home alone. Does anyone really think that was the first time she’d ever left him alone? I sure don’t. It wouldn’t surprise me if she left them both home alone quite often.

Some final thoughts--unfortunately, we will never get the answer to how Lucas died. The thoughts of how he died haunt me. It is so hard to accept this unknown because we wanted to see EG on trial for his death with concrete evidence that she killed him. Lucas deserved legal justice and it dissipated with his decomposed body and her suicide.

But she experienced a harsher sentence with her suicide, than what a guilty verdict in a trial could have given her. She ended up with a death sentence, and she might have walked free in a trial, which is a horrifying thought. Lucas didn't get "legal" justice, but his death incurred the ultimate punishment of the person responsible for his death. It doesn't matter now to me if EG intentionally caused his death, or caused it to happen from neglect and abuse, she has paid the ultimate price which she deserves regardless.

Lucas's case is coming to an end on WS. But his story has just begun. I look forward to seeing a Lucas Law being campaigned in Kansas. I hope this thread continues and updates us with this effort. Another worthy effort to change Kansas law is to have severe repercussions to anyone who secretly disposes of a body...there is no charge for this in Kansas. How many innocent people hide a body! There is a two year sentence in Ontario Canada.

FLA and all members who are prepared to fight the good fight, I will be here, and will do whatever I can to help. I will be checking in for as long as it takes. This is not the end of our beloved boy's story, this is the beginning of righting the wrongs.

Well Nancy G is at it again, and doesn't discriminate with her confused tips! Missing Iowa college girl Mollie Tibbets was confused with another, and NG Show was (incorrectly/unconfirmed) reporting her dead....

Shocker . Why is it so hard for people to understand having little to no information i can trust then it is to have a ton of information I can’t? I don’t think I ever gave this issue much thought before this case came into my life but it’s something I will carry the rest of my life.

Well I reread it and everything in it was already in that presser they held. I’m not disputing the fact that they worked within the framework of the Kansas state statutes.

I understand. I would still like to see information from DCF. IF ANY ONE ENTITY FAILED FOR LUCAS IT WAS THE LAST AND MOST SIGNIFICANT SAFETY NET the public puts in place.

And in all the most recent cases in Kansas child deaths and horrific abuse cases the one common underlying failure is DCF B

Lucas Hernandez search group to launch local Texas EquuSearch charter

Sheila Medlam and Julie La Force spent countless hours planning and leading searches for Lucas Hernandez.

But after the 5-year-old was found, the two knew they weren't finished.

The world-renowned search group, Texas EquuSearch has asked the ladies to start up a local Kansas charter.

I WOULD HAPPILLY SUPPORT THIS. EVERY ONE INVOLVED ARE HEROS regarding what they did. Tim miller has long been a great man devoted to even greater causes.

Some final thoughts--unfortunately, we will never get the answer to how Lucas died. The thoughts of how he died haunt me. It is so hard to accept this unknown because we wanted to see EG on trial for his death with concrete evidence that she killed him. Lucas deserved legal justice and it dissipated with his decomposed body and her suicide.

But she experienced a harsher sentence with her suicide, than what a guilty verdict in a trial could have given her. She ended up with a death sentence, and she might have walked free in a trial, which is a horrifying thought. Lucas didn't get "legal" justice, but his death incurred the ultimate punishment of the person responsible for his death. It doesn't matter now to me if EG intentionally caused his death, or caused it to happen from neglect and abuse, she has paid the ultimate price which she deserves regardless.

Lucas's case is coming to an end on WS. But his story has just begun. I look forward to seeing a Lucas Law being campaigned in Kansas. I hope this thread continues and updates us with this effort. Another worthy effort to change Kansas law is to have severe repercussions to anyone who secretly disposes of a body...there is no charge for this in Kansas. How many innocent people hide a body! There is a two year sentence in Ontario Canada.

FLA and all members who are prepared to fight the good fight, I will be here, and will do whatever I can to help. I will be checking in for as long as it takes. This is not the end of our beloved boy's story, this is the beginning of righting the wrongs.

A
Like wasn’t hardly enough for this post.

A thousand likes isn’t enough

I will do whatever I can to help TEQ. I should have done it when they searched in Florida But I’m doing it now.

I am so incredibly proud of our WSers who are involved in the KS chapter of TEQ. They have brought this family the answers they were so desperate for. What an honor to say I "know" them, even if it is through an anonymous message board. I broke into chills when Sheila said it was a miracle they found the small, undisclosed item. Lucas, buddy, you continue to inspire life-changing events. #lucasstrong

Maize police believe missing woman drowned in Cowskin Creek

I am so incredibly proud of our WSers who are involved in the KS chapter of TEQ. They have brought this family the answers they were so desperate for. What an honor to say I "know" them, even if it is through an anonymous message board. I broke into chills when Sheila said it was a miracle they found the small, undisclosed item. Lucas, buddy, you continue to inspire life-changing events. #lucasstrong

Maize police believe missing woman drowned in Cowskin Creek

from that article that Scarlett posted:
The school nurse counted the injuries — all nine of them, including six across his face, with swelling or dark bruising on both of his cheeks and around both eyes. A scrape on his nose was 3 inches long. That same day, four different people at the school discussed the injuries, Johnson said. “In this instance, the team did not suspect abuse.”

Lucas and Emily Glass, his father’s girlfriend, said he fell off the monkey bars. But the school nurse later told an investigator that it looked like he had been in a fight, according to a court document. The school nurse doesn’t remember saying that, Johnson said.

Experts told The Eagle that his injuries were too extensive to be from a fall.

Was it child abuse?
Instead of reporting the injuries to the state child protection agency or the police, the school chose a different path.

The school told Glass that if she had concerns, she could take him to a community medical clinic, Johnson said............... Lucas NEVER had a chance!!

from that article that Scarlett posted:
The school nurse counted the injuries — all nine of them, including six across his face, with swelling or dark bruising on both of his cheeks and around both eyes. A scrape on his nose was 3 inches long. That same day, four different people at the school discussed the injuries, Johnson said. “In this instance, the team did not suspect abuse.”

Lucas and Emily Glass, his father’s girlfriend, said he fell off the monkey bars. But the school nurse later told an investigator that it looked like he had been in a fight, according to a court document. The school nurse doesn’t remember saying that, Johnson said.

Experts told The Eagle that his injuries were too extensive to be from a fall.

Was it child abuse?
Instead of reporting the injuries to the state child protection agency or the police, the school chose a different path.

The school told Glass that if she had concerns, she could take him to a community medical clinic, Johnson said............... Lucas NEVER had a chance!!
That was terrible. Maybe after this if they see something in the future they will learn to report it instead of ignore it with other kids.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back